Nexus Client - Wishlist

There didn't seem to be a thread for this elsewhere that I saw, so why not make one!

As somebody that uses multiple computers throughout the span of the day, having all of my settings and whatnot within the client to carry with me is super super valuable. Feedback may be useful to the developers, so why not include a wishlist, sorta like we did with GMCP when it first came out?

1. Duplicate action lines within the script editor.

As it stands, setting up nifty echoes where you've got any sort of frame requires pinpointing exactly the same color in the color selection tool, which... isn't precisely an exact science with that selector and the massive array of colors you can choose from. Duplicating a line would thus ensure you get the same one. Alternatively...

2. Add/allow the hex/HTML (I forget which it's called) color codes in the color selection boxes. This could ensure a consistent color across any uses.

3. Allow color tags of some sort (like mudlet, white text here is followed by red text here) to be used within the show a notice line to allow for more intricate color combinations.

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    My wish:

Someone to make a simple autobashing script for webclient that I can download and use. I just have no idea how to make one.

I use a chromebook, so I can't even just use the macro buttons to hit the "attack" button as I sit and wait for my balance to restore because there are no F keys. Instead I can hit the button manually, but when you hover over a button for that length of time a bigass box telling me that clicking that button will execute that command pops up and blocks my ability to actually SEE my balance restoring until several lines up, and it also completely blocks the most recent prompt lines and the gauges.

My only real option is to have "(whatever attack) (whatever target)" in my command bar and hit enter every few seconds.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited April 2017
    You can disable those popups (settings -> display options -> uncheck 'display tooltips'

Seems we can't upload the .nxs things to forums - does this work?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hnbm8kjid78ibq/basher_test.nxs?dl=0

Alternatively, *zips up*
    Zaila
    I've unchecked that so many times and the pop-ups never stopped :(

But omg! If I can figure out how to make that thing work, I will be so excited!!! <3
  • I been fiddling with some really (and I mean really) basic stuff with nexus so far, and I'm liking it a lot. I'm hoping I can figure out enough to make a viable system with it but that's a ways off for me. Looking forward to tearing into that script and trying to figure it all out :D
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Zaila
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited April 2017
    Make sure you save the settings (top right corner) for unchecking it.

For the basher, if you go to import/export, drag the .nxs in and save it.

aba - turns basher on
    abo - turns basher off
    aa and atk are both attack lines. the basher uses atk upon balance regain. Just pop in your skills @tar there, and finagle which balance/EQ line you need for the trigger. I had two attacks in there because sometimes you want an independent attack that is different from the balance-gain one (like Templar with sacrifice).
    SynneKalinaar
    That's what I always do, but what it affects is the small icons in the bottom righthand corner of the screen, not the big buttons.

OMG. BALANCE RECOVERY. HOW I MISSED THEE!

So far I am in love. Except I can't figure out how to set a target. /me is really bad at this
    Okay. Woh. What in the world. After I put that in, I can no longer see mobs enter or exit the room. everything involved in the actual bashing is entirely gagged so I can't see if I've attacked anything or not let alone if anything died and I killed it. What happened here? @Antehe
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Zaila said:

Okay. Woh. What in the world. After I put that in, I can no longer see mobs enter or exit the room. everything involved in the actual bashing is entirely gagged so I can't see if I've attacked anything or not let alone if anything died and I killed it. What happened here? @Antehe

That was a bug with the client itself. I thought I fixed it, but there was something else causing it as well. Should be fixed this time for real. You'll need to restart your browser to see the effect though.
    ZailaPazradym
    Yay! Thanks raz! All better! And my pop ups got fixed, too! :dizzy:
    Now just to figure out how to target!
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited April 2017
    Targeting should be inlined with ST razmael/rat/ratmael.
    PazradymNyrusZaila
  • Going back to Nyrus' original point though, being able to copy and paste action lines in scripts would be super helpful and time saving

• I have a series of functional Bashing settings for Nexus. They aren't fancy, but serve me well. Ping me in game or here and I'm happy to share. 
  • Having fiddled with this a bit more, heres the things (that havent already been mentioned) that I'm noticing I'd really like.

Ability to add custom windows/tabs.  Maybe I'm just missing this somewhere, but while there is a number of preset options here, being able to fully customize a window for use seems to be missing (looking for building a simple target affliction tracker)  Maybe I just missed it somewhere but I didnt see this option anywhere on the wiki.

adding more gauges. There is a number of options to resize and customize these but not to add new ones (again, that I could find).  In my case, would like to add gauges to track things like blood/ soul/ maddness levels.  Preferably in a manner where they can be hidden, revealed, or even switched as needed. (By command or trigger)

Ability to log directly into the client editor without being logged into the game itself.  This has been a big one so far, as there have been several times I've wanted to access the setup area to fiddle with things without being logged into the game, but it doesnt seem to be possible.  Even logging into the game, opening the setup and quitting the game locks you out of the setup as well.

Zaila
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    My biggest wish is that my colors wouldn't change when I set them. I don't know how to keep them from not. For example. I set a clan to 11, which should be bright yellow. Half the time it shows up as bright 11 and sometimes it shows up as the more muted gold, 3.

Now, sometimes this has to do with day/night being toggled on and off.

But BUT, this also happens in emotes when you add says.

so like you're emoting: "Haha," Mariena triumphantly decides, "I was right."

The "haha" will be 6, which is a teal and the "I was right." be bright, light blue which is what my says are set to, 14.

Only does it on web client.

@Mariena
    Weird! I have all my stuff set to all sorts of crazy colors and I never have that problem! I also have day/night off, though, so that might be part of it.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Zaila huh. Well I'll try turning day/night off and see if that doesn't solve the wonky color problem.

• I wish the scrollback buffer was prepended when I enable logging. Due to the size limitations of the logging feature I only turn it on when the RP starts to flow but this means I am always missing the start of the interaction.
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
  • Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I had something I wanted to add to this that I'm experimenting on finding a solution to at the moment. For all of you coders out there, this is probably trivial and easy lol... for me, not so much. :)

Basically I'm trying to figure out a way to make a script that will tell me when I'm getting low on a particular curative. Even if it was an alias I could hit that would check my cache/inventory and give me a little shopping list that would be great.

Any ideas?

OH by the way, I'm using Nexus client at the moment. So far it's been working just fine for me and with the cross platform capability and server side saved trigs/aliases/etc. I'm really happy with it. It's just a matter of getting little things like this worked out for it.