Confession Thread 2.0

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Pazradym said:

straight up being called a "creepy unicorn-er"

I feel 95% certain that's a reference to me.
    Pazradym
  • Zaila said:

I feel 95% certain that's a reference to me.

Heh, yeah. Good instincts.

By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Zaila
  • Got interested enough to muster enough courage and toss some confession's about.

* Aetolia is rapidly turning into a second life for me. It permeates my day to day thought to the point that I actually have to smother my mind with something else now and then. In short, I'm doomed.

* Tacitus is outright therapy for me to play. I'm a heavy smoker who could easily smash four packs of unfiltered cigarettes a day if I felt like it. Probably more in actuality. No really, I smoke more than you do - I really do. Since generating Tacitus into existence I'm properly distracted and down to less than a pack a day.

* I'm a little vain and stare at my characters picture constantly.

* I horde other character pictures from the forums and keep them in a folder on my desktop, to open en mass anytime I come across them in a room, or even tells really, for visual refrence.

* I'm an attention grabbing snowflake, whether I want to be or not.

* I'm real cautious about OOC communication IG. I don't know any of you people, regardless of how friendly you seem. The only thing you'll really get out of me is that I love coffee and hate sleep. Just ask Vyxsis what I did to some coffee beans once. It was brewtal (her words).

* I always feel like there is a group of characters scanning other players with some real deal observation and intelligence gathering like it's a frikin job. I know your there, I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy, and so on.

* Remember how I horde character pictures? I also horde selected music that I have broken down into as many perceivable situations that I can imagine involving what's going on with Tacitus, down to room description/environment. No really, my playlist is thick, thicker than yours. LOVE ME I'M AN ECCENTRIC SNOWFLAKE.

* I tend to dump more energy than I should into Tacitus/Aetolia. I worry about where it's going to end up taking me one day.

Hope you laughed, enjoy your day.

SessizlikVyxsisPazradymTenshyoKodazaSethTeaniVash
  • @Tacitus Welcome to Aetolia.

You just got consumed by the plague.

Good job on cutting back on smoking though! That's actually really great to hear!

DidiTacitusTeaniMelantha
  • @Tacitus #confirmed re: the horrible things you have done to coffee
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

DidiTacitus
  • @Tacitus Doing better than I did - back in the day the ex and I used to smoke more while playing. I can live without doing that again, heh.
    Tacitus
  • Now that the spores are actually being released, I have a confession:

conjure illusion nobody color:brightred As you approach a budding stalk of red fibers, one of its pods twitches with seething life and blooms suddenly, revealing a large flower that releases a cloud of noxious spores directly into your face. The flower's vibrant colors then quickly fade to a lifeless black, and the withered bloom falls away.

My one regret was not finding more people to do that to.
    VyxsisZailaVashSigmund
  • I understand now why people stopped logging in with the last Bloom event.

Unpopular opinion: This is pretty annoying.

VyxsisErzsebetAishiaTacitus
  • Yeah no this is the first event in a long time I'm actually into at all. It isn't bashbashbash or wave lore dicks at each other until the pre-determined npc says the pre-scripted thing. It feels real, it feels dangerous, there's a cost and there's strategy/planning/it's amazing. Moar plagues/destruction!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

KelliaraMelanthaZailaFezzixXenia
  • Fezzix said:

Now that the spores are actually being released, I have a confession:

conjure illusion nobody color:brightred As you approach a budding stalk of red fibers, one of its pods twitches with seething life and blooms suddenly, revealing a large flower that releases a cloud of noxious spores directly into your face. The flower's vibrant colors then quickly fade to a lifeless black, and the withered bloom falls away.

I knew it! I was telling people I was pretty sure it was an illusion, but until we knew for sure >_<

ZailaFezzix
  • Fezzix said:

my dude... that was so mean, and also rude ;n;
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Fezzix
  • Fezzix said:

That, if nothing else, is immensely ballsy of you. Or some adjective in the general location. :smirk: All the same, though:

Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Fezzix
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited March 2017
    Melantha said:

That, if nothing else, is immensely ballsy of you. Or some adjective in the general location. :smirk: All the same, though:

Teaching more people to keep hypersight up, of course.
    FezzixZaila
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I'm actually pretty into this event too. Was fun trying to plan and coordinate evacuation and quarantine, or seeking out safe havens for refugees.

And then despite all efforts to avoid getting sick, a bunch of uninfected people, plus the event NPCs, get infected because someone who was infected thought it'd be a brilliant idea to stand in the same room.
  • Phoenecia said:

And then despite all efforts to avoid getting sick, a bunch of uninfected people, plus the event NPCs, get infected because someone who was infected thought it'd be a brilliant idea to stand in the same room.

I'm tired, I've been up playing for a very long time, I've kept so much of the stalks cut for so long, I've earned about half a level at lvl 103. That's not a small amount of experience. I've avoided literally everyone since yesterday when Fezzix illusioned me 'just in case'. Nothing goes through phase as far as I know. I'm also pretty new to this all, still. My head hurts, I'm tired, and I made a mistake. All the shade and all the crap and all the hate (and it's not just from you) that's getting thrown at me, and it's not just IC... Enough. I messed up. Sorry, new player in her first event. I'm going to mess up. Thanks all for making me feel like crap. There's my confession, I feel like crap because I messed up and got a couple of people sick because I wanted to participate in an event that I've really tried to be involved in. I'll be back around when there's a cure. Later.

TacitusVyxsisMelanthaKarhast
  • @Jaymi - I'm sorry things had such a negative impact on you, and I'm sorry your taking a toll from it in your own way. Aetolia can have an effect on people in the real world. We imprint emotionally on our characters, and the world that we play them in. You'll do just fine, and no one here dislikes you in true measure, I would venture to say. If they do, they can kindly sod off in my opinion.

VyxsisMelanthaAxiusXeniaTeaniFyrren
  • Phoenecia said:

Why don't you just say how you really feel to be in spirit with this thread. No use in being passive aggressive.

Mistakes from well intended, hard working people/characters happen. Though it often comes down to one person pointing the finger and screaming 'demon' to begin the alienation. And so the first stone was cast.

As we can see above.

@Tacitus Thank you for your words, and the sentiment most folks would agree on (I would hope.)
    @Jaymi Don't let people get to you. Mistakes happen, and you know it's all in RP. Anyone who has paid attention and talked with Jaymi knows what she's done and attempted to do for the betterment of all peoples.

MelanthaTacitus
  • edited March 2017
    Let me just say: I don't know why the ever-loving unicorns so many people are getting so worked up when it would have happened anyway. Yes, that's right. It would have happened anyway. What, did you all think that the spores were just going to stay out of the apothecarium when there were already clouds in the area? Even if absolutely everyone was scrupulously careful to avoid spreading the infection, it isn't and never was a question of if, but when. What makes me saddest is that I fully expect that even under ideal circumstances, I expect the reaction would be the same toward whichever poor unfortunate might have been on hand to dump on. In a way, I suppose that only adds to the realism of the event. So good job, ya'll. Try to remember this when it's your turn for the chopping block.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    TacitusZailaLin
  • @Jaymi - You know what, I also want to add the following: It was not a mistake. Aetolia is not confined to a cookie cutter version of events that happen IG. What you did, walking in an infecting everyone, well that's just part of the world playing itself out. So what if the event NPC's got infected, and a bunch of other players did. There was a 50% chance of that happening anyway, and much like the real world, I would expect events in Aetolia to NEVER go according to plan, at least not 100%. You made no mistake, and it's just a simulated world with it's own rises and dives. Don't feel bad one bit.

• edited March 2017
    @Jaymi: To be clear, any anger directed at your character ICly is exactly that.

Speaking as the player of one of the characters infected, and subsequently miffed, by that incident I honestly hadn't given it a second thought OOCly. And I suddenly feel it worth mentioning to everyone that while Kelli might be a cold raving soandso ICly, I'm not. So please don't ever take something Kelli says IC as an attack on you, the player.

To @Jaymi, I am sorry if my IC response felt like I was upset with YOU personally. That's so far away from my intention. Please don't let this discourage you from continued participation in the event, or any in the future. (Maybe Jaymi can resolve to help undo the damage she did?)

And now, in keeping with the theme of this thread: OOCly, I keep a bookmark folder full of cute and adorable animal pictures for when I get gloomy, annoyed, or stressed.

Here's one now:

Hope it cheers you up a bit Jaymi. <3

I am also very much enjoying the event.

EDIT - Holy crap that came about a mile bigger than I expected.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    TacitusFezzixXeniaTeaniLinVash
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Reading about this event makes me sortof happy that I'm in a player's slump right now. I sortof lost most of the fun in the game and have had a difficult time finding the same joy I used to feel. After a few hellish weeks oocly, I even dread logging in, due to what people have written about the events on the forums. So for now, I will be staying out of the game. Let's see when I get back into it.
    Tacitus
  • @Jaymi while I have grumbled OOC about things, I kind of do that about everything. The quarantine was like herding cats, didn't work, and I'm convinced certain people will put anything in their mouth like a toddler (@runas) - but it's​ fine, really. Everyone makes mistakes. I killed my GM at an event in Helba trying to hammer swat her away from a mob her basher hit, and we both had RL years of IRE experience. Stuff happens. And so while there will definitely he hammers thrown IC later, no OOC malice here. 

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

KelliaraLin
  • Kelliara said:

To @Jaymi, I am sorry if my IC response felt like I was upset with YOU personally. That's so far away from my intention. Please don't let this discourage you from continued participation in the event, or any in the future. (Maybe Jaymi can resolve to help undo the damage she did?)

It honestly, for the most part, wasn't the people I got sick. You guys reacted ICly and that's cool. It could have been interesting for the most part, and I could have made some new friends! I unphased because I honestly was like 'well heck, they're sick anyways, so I don't need to phase.' People told me phase was okay. If I'd known it was me that caused it, I woulda just ran. Some how the crap spread in about 30 seconds and I had about... like... a lot of people (I didn't keep count) who weren't involved at all, who I hadn't seen involved in the event at all, suddenly yelling at me. I don't do great in group work as is, it's why I tend to stick to small teams for RP. I/she did resolve to make things better. I went to places I knew specifically were spore infested/could only be reached through spores, just to try and get cure parts. After about 20 minutes of what felt like the whole realm yelling at me, telling me I was an idiot, that my decision didn't make any sense, I quit.

The day before, I had a crappy day playing, and today I was doing better then I got tag-teamed by the player base for doing one thing.

XeniaKarhastTacitus
  • @Jaymi, it's tough to respond appropriately when you are playing a kind and soft character. I'm sorry you felt so overwhelmed that you had to log off, but I encourage you to respond in character and possibly use it as an opportunity for character development. Jaymi can at least begin to understand who some people truly are when they're under duress. Ideals are easy to uphold when they aren't tested.
    Haven
  • Fezzix said:

@Jaymi, it's tough to respond appropriately when you are playing a kind and soft character. I'm sorry you felt so overwhelmed that you had to log off, but I encourage you to respond in character and possibly use it as an opportunity for character development. Jaymi can at least begin to understand who some people truly are when they're under duress. Ideals are easy to uphold when they aren't tested.

I did respond IC. I even made sure all conversations were finished before I left. I just didn't want more.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I'm SO GLAD the disease is so wide spread today - quarantine is crazy boring. Thank you to everyone who made the epidemic possible!
    Zaila might give you crap, but know that I love you.
    Tacitus
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think that right now we're counting the few individuals who are not affected, rather than the other way around today.

XeniaTacitusZaila
  • edited March 2017
    insane how all of Spinesreach, or the majority of it, can fall ill because one person bypassed their attempts to keep the city clean!

To clarify: I think it's amazingly awesome that these are the sort of effects from this event. To echo what @Toz said earlier, it feels as though there are real consequences for actions that aren't revolving around grinding of some sort.

• BL definitely did it right this time too, I'm gonna be harping hard for some emergency measures for any future crisis - fines, penalties, bans, enemy status, etc. Lots of RP to come from all this, which is cool because I was feeling dead in the water on org stuff.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz