Artifact ideas

Comments

• Oleis said:
    Yeah, I'm going to check fishing out and make a few needed adjustments once we get through some of these bigger changes.
    Any chance of adding the weights to the metric conversion system? Seeing a 300oz fish in my records looks great until I bother to use a calculator and see it's only 8.5kg, heh.
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Why not just script it?

• Yeah, I'm kind of over scripting after putting 70 odd hours into learning Mudlet so I can play again. Heh.
  • I might pay money for some kind of oyster-detecting artifact...that tells you how many oysters are still alive in the world. AND/OR one that guarantees 2 pearls to drop every time you kill an oyster. It's such a minor qol thing, but that's sort of what artifacts are, right? >.>
    SethEmirSeir
  • Leana said:

An artifact that lets you change your heritage. One-time use.
    A more impressive one that lets you change your heritage whenever you want AND does something else useful, like let you still use another heritage's skill.

Please let me change my heritage.

I didn't KNOW about heritage when I was getting to 100. It's not in HELP RACES, and that file doesn't mention heritage! Nor is it in any of the ascended race files.

I just thought, oh cool, people can see what race I started as, that's neat. Did not know about mechanical benefits, beside the usual racials, which I knew could buy into anyway with haven points, so I was not concerned about what race I chose.

IS there a way to change heritage, that maybe I don't know about?

...alternatively, make the human perk less ridiculously desirable, on a mechanical level?
    LeanaZaila
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited February 2017
    I have no control over artifacts, but HELP RACES has been updated to reference Heritage!

As of now, there is no way to change your Heritage.
    CinarraSethLeana
  • edited March 2017
    Antehe said:

I have no control over artifacts, but HELP RACES has been updated to reference Heritage!

As of now, there is no way to change your Heritage.

Thank you! I spend a bit of time talking to each novice who asks me about statpacks about the Heritage and racechoice. It would help to have the 'Heritage skill' added to each individual HELP (race) scroll.

edit: Example. HELP ATAVIAN

Racial Skills:
    Level 1 : Flight
    Level 25: Hover
    Level 50: Air Stability
    Level 75: Blood Regeneration
    Heritage skill: Traverse

Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited March 2017
    I'm not sure if people are still still actually suggesting arties, and I totally didn't read through to see if someone already came up with this, but, I submit:

False_Friend
    An artifact you can drop in a room and it will artificially create an additional person if someone FARSEEs upon anyone in your room. Sorta the aetolian equivalent of putting a blow up doll in the passenger seat to use the HOV lane.
    Could give it restrictions like: Can only be used twice per howling, lasts 4 hours - possibly resets when picked up or moving rooms.
    *just realized I typoed HOV as HOA. That explains why no one got that joke (lets pretend that's why)
    LeharOleisSeirMephistolesLeanaLin
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Not sure I'd like that.

FARSEE DAKAN: He is at an unstable location in the X.
    You sense 22 other people in the room with him.

Yeah... soooooooooo not going to that.

• So make one of the restrictions be it doesn't work in areas with active aggression or foci aura. Problem solved.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    It's an artifact. Limiting its use in an every day point of assignment makes it kinda of moot point. Most artifacts don't have limitations beyond simple sigils/hp limits and it would only set a precedent that would be widely abused to try to get other artifacts limited to not work on aggressive areas.

• Artifacts don't have to be combat related. Look at all of the ones for the crafting skills, for instance. It can have such a limit without it being too much.
    ZailaLin
    You could very easily make it not count in active aggression areas, or have a max of a certain-number usable per room. If they are something that doesn't move with you (just assigned to a single room until turned off/whatever) then it's only helping if your group stays in one room the entire time. There are ALL sorts of ways to keep it from making anything OP.

Or heck, don't limit its stacking and make things like the preserved(yellowed? both?) eyes and/or actually going over to look suddenly be more valuable!

Wise Sandpeople might walk in single file to hide their numbers, but wise Aetolians buy False_Friends to inflate them!
    /endpitch
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So... after talking out thoughts with Zaila and seeing where she was headed... it wouldn't be a bad thing. SO LONG AS... there was a time limit set on it per use like an hour per use and a limited number of uses per Howling. Just my re-thought out thoughts.

I probably would never buy it, but I can see where some RPers might enjoy it... even if you guys would be weird using it.

Zaila
  • Zaila said:

I'm not sure if people are still still actually suggesting arties, and I totally didn't read through to see if someone already came up with this, but, I submit:

False_Friend
    An artifact you can drop in a room and it will artificially create an additional person if someone FARSEEs upon anyone in your room. Sorta the aetolian equivalent of putting a blow up doll in the passenger seat to use the HOA lane.
    Could give it restrictions like: Can only be used twice per howling, lasts 4 hours - possibly resets when picked up or moving rooms.

As long as we can customize what the false friend looks like (once for free, then 50cr if we need to do it again). It's like those carpool dummies people use for the carpool only lanes.

Zaila
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Pet_friend : make a person you can RP with. 

Fyrren
  • I wonder if it'd be feasible to have some sort of dye dispenser for shops. I know there's a dyekit artifact, but I was thinking more of willing shop owners to provide dyes for their costumers. Ie buy backpack black. And if it has a dye tag it applies black.
    ZailaKelliaraVyxsisMarienaFyrrenPhoenecia
    This isn't so much an artifact idea as it is a "Player-house feature" idea:

Aviary Doors:
    Add this to otherwise-unlocked doors/exits to stop your roaming minipets from being able to go through that exit but without needing a key.
    SethKelliaraMephistolesMariena
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Aymah said:

I wonder if it'd be feasible to have some sort of dye dispenser for shops. I know there's a dyekit artifact, but I was thinking more of willing shop owners to provide dyes for their costumers. Ie buy backpack black. And if it has a dye tag it applies black.

I'd buy it for my shop and I have the dyekit already.

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Could we get an upgrade/update to the flowerpot artifact? Soooo many new awesome flowers have been added to the game since.

Even a paid upgrade would be better than no upgrade.
    PhoeneciaZaila
  • A shapeshifter's talisman
    Grants you the ability to change between all available weretypes whenever you'd like.

A golden pellet - I don't even know what to name it, whatever
    When you FEED this pellet to a mount, you gain the ability to order your mount to emote! This would be especially nice for those steed whistles floating around.
    ErzsebetZaila
  • edited May 2017
    An artifact that allows you to see when a focus is tapped anywhere globally, including minor foci. Specific room names please! And an option to silence it.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Koda said:

A golden pellet - I don't even know what to name it, whatever
    When you FEED this pellet to a mount, you gain the ability to order your mount to emote! This would be especially nice for those steed whistles floating around.

Would pay a significant chunk of credits for this to be a thing that was sold regularly. Like. I'd buy this for all the mounts any character of mine has. Also if it worked on minipets, which would be awesome, would totally do it for all 30 of them I have scattered across alts, too.
    imageimage
    Koda
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    If there was an artifact that gave the Mind Insight ability, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I haven't switched out of Monk since the skill was added!
    ZailaAisling
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I've got 2 ideas right now.

First is rather simple: Artifact cigar/cigarette case. You know how we can keep chocolates from decaying by sticking them in that chocolate box? Maybe release something similar for cigars? I think I remember hearing about it existing at one point, and it might just be an item sold only at auction, but if it ever could become a standard artefact, I'd buy it.

Second is similar to the first in that it's basically this: an unlimited puff nondecay cigar. I want to throw credits at the admin to let me have a single cigar that would never decay, and I can puff on all day and it'll never run out. Have it be customizable as far as the ingredients go, and maybe have the description be alterable too. I know that it can get annoying to have a facet of my character cost several thousand gold. I mean. Seriously. What am I buying? Original pre-embargo cuban cigars?

And yes, I would buy -both- of these items, as redundant as that sounds, because while Axius would puff all day long on his neverending cigar, he likes to share when it comes to his friends, (Like Draden. He regularly shares his cigars with Draden, and if anyone thinks its weird he's good friends with an npc, they can -bite- me.)
  • Axius said:

I've got 2 ideas right now.

First is rather simple: Artifact cigar/cigarette case. You know how we can keep chocolates from decaying by sticking them in that chocolate box? Maybe release something similar for cigars? I think I remember hearing about it existing at one point, and it might just be an item sold only at auction, but if it ever could become a standard artefact, I'd buy it.

Second is similar to the first in that it's basically this: an unlimited puff nondecay cigar. I want to throw credits at the admin to let me have a single cigar that would never decay, and I can puff on all day and it'll never run out. Have it be customizable as far as the ingredients go, and maybe have the description be alterable too. I know that it can get annoying to have a facet of my character cost several thousand gold. I mean. Seriously. What am I buying? Original pre-embargo cuban cigars?

And yes, I would buy -both- of these items, as redundant as that sounds, because while Axius would puff all day long on his neverending cigar, he likes to share when it comes to his friends, (Like Draden. He regularly shares his cigars with Draden, and if anyone thinks its weird he's good friends with an npc, they can -bite- me.)

I won't lie, I'd be a little bit dirty if the artifact cigar became a thing. In much the same way that I expect Iosynians would be slightly miffed if there was an artifact that let everyone and their dog transform into Chiav.

I'm still getting over Tumult being a thing everyone can speak now.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Axius said:
    I've got 2 ideas right now. First is rather simple: Artifact cigar/cigarette case. You know how we can keep chocolates from decaying by sticking them in that chocolate box? Maybe release something similar for cigars? I think I remember hearing about it existing at one point, and it might just be an item sold only at auction, but if it ever could become a standard artefact, I'd buy it. 
    This item already exists as an artifact. The ironwood smokebox allows you to keep 10 blends or smokes in it and they don't decay. The artifact costs iron coins, though.

Also, I don't think smokes should ever be able to be made into an artifact except maybe a special auction arti because smokes are consumables. And to be honest? Fumology stuff is extremely cheap to make compared to furniture or jewelry.
    ZailaAxius
  • edited June 2017
    Zaila said:

False_Friend
    An artifact you can drop in a room and it will artificially create an additional person if someone FARSEEs upon anyone in your room. Sorta the aetolian equivalent of putting a blow up doll in the passenger seat to use the HOV lane.
    *just realized I typoed HOV as HOA. That explains why no one got that joke (lets pretend that's why)

I want suggest the opposite of this idea as well:

Void-Parasol
    Simply PUT UP your PARASOL and you will cease to show up as being in a room via the ylem enhanced FARSEE. PUT DOWN PARASOL to undo the effect.

It could have a fun void design to it and a little emote for when it's used, "Leana opens up her parasol and her presence becomes noticeably difficult to distinguish as the void shades her."

The main benefit of this artifact is to stop scaring people away at lessers/group fights. If there's a concern about circumventing a ylem city power just require it to be wielded in order to function.

It sounds like you're just describing the hood... Only less powerful so it shows that you are online, just not the correct room that you're in? 
  • Zaila said:

It sounds like you're just describing the hood... Only less powerful so it shows that you are online, just not the correct room that you're in? 

No, it just doesn't count you in
    "You detect 2 other people in that location."
    When someone farsees someone else in your room.