What Have You Crafted Today?

SeirSeir Seein' All the ThingsGetting high off your emotion
I figured since Aetolia has an abundance of crafters, it'd be nice to have a place where we could share some of the things that we've designed and offer a place for feedback, if it is wanted. Additionally, this can also give some folks some inspiration when coming up designs of their own. I'll likely post some things to get us started shortly. Any feedback is, naturally, appreciated! As always, keep it civil and CONSTRUCTIVE when it comes to feedback.
Fyrren

Comments

• I crafted it a few months back but I really love this flail design I made. It is a kind of tribute to Alexina. On her island is this dragon carcass you can get dragonhide, dragonscales, and dragonbone from once a day or so.

Appearance:
    an imposing flail of dragon-bone and iron
    Dropped:
    An imposing flail of dragon-bone and iron has been left here.
    Examined:
    This flail has a long handle, crafted from an iron-plated femur bone of a dragon. A grip of dragon hide has been wrapped tightly to one end and three chains of iron, each at half the length of the shaft, dangle from the other end. An iron morning star hangs at the end of each chain, circled by four spikes of the length of the radius of the ball, with one spike at the bottom of each.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    DidiEmelleSeir
  • edited February 2017
    Two things I just designed for @Hexes (though awaiting approval)

A helmet

Appearance:
    a black and red, demon-faced full helmet
    Dropped:
    A black and red, demon-faced full helmet lies here.
    Examined:
    Wrought out of blackened iron with dark red accents of blood and rust, this full helmet takes on the guise of the head of a demon. Metal resembling ram's horns jut out from each side of the helmet with their sharpened tips pointing toward the front menacingly, ready to be impale an enemy's head upon them. When closed, the visor of the helmet gives the impression of the face of a demon, the eye holes resembling squinting to lend added protection from arrows but lending a decent field of vision for the wearer. At the bottom of the visor are many jagged metal teeth which interlace with the teeth of the 'jaw' of the helmet when closed.
    WearLocation: head
    Attire:
    covering the entire head
    Worn 1p:
    You heft up a black and red, demon-faced full helmet, setting it over your head to cover it entirely. Once properly set, you shut the visor, allowing you a decent field of vision through the eye holes and lending you a demonic appearance.
    Worn 3p:
    $(name$) hefts up a black and red, demon-faced full helmet, setting it over $(his$) head to cover it entirely. Once properly set, $(he$) shuts the visor, resembling a demon closing its mouth.
    Removed 1p:
    You raise the visor of your black and red, demon-faced full helmet, resembling a demon opening its mouth wide and extending your field of vision drastically. Lifting the full helmet, you reveal your true head.
    Removed 3p:
    $(name$) raises the visor of $(his$) black and red, demon-faced full helmet, resembling a demon opening its mouth wide and revealing $(his$) true face before lifting the entire full helmet off of $(his$) head.

And fullplate

Appearance:
    a black and red suit of demonic full plate armour
    Dropped:
    A black and red suit of demonic full plate armour lies here.
    Examined:
    Wrought of blackened iron with dark red accents of blood and rust, this full plate armour attempts to capture the visage of a demon's body. Thick plates have been interlocked to allow protection from all manner of blows from blunt and edged weapons alike. The pauldrons are of iron and have been forged to resemble the faces of sharp-horned skulls with sharpened teeth. The body of the armour resembles the torso of a muscular demon. Down the spine runs a line of sharp spikes from the neck to where a tail would begin, each curving downward slightly. Sticking outward from the wearer are many long, nail-like spikes covering the arm guards, used for stabbing into an unsuspecting foe in the heat of battle.
    MegiddoHexes
  • I am in love withe the Armor and Helmet
    Fyrren
  • Hell Yea bad arse
    Fyrren
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    So I'm currently looking to customize Seir's cloak of obscurity to something more "forestal" appropriate. I've come to this but I'm ultimately a bit iffy about the examined, or if I'm heading in the right direction. Any feedback is appreciated. Obviously, this is still a rough draft, so there will likely be grammatical issues here and there.

Appearance: a fur-mantled cloak of stitched pelts
    Dropped: Tossed aside in a heap, a fur-mantled cloak of stitched pelts is here.
    Examined: Varied and colourful, this cloak consists of an assortment of pelts, each of varying size and proportion. From small white rabbit pelts to larger grey wolf pelts, are all stitched together to form a cohesive whole, wrapping comfortably around the wearer and insulating them from the harsher elements. The pelts are curtailed upon reaching the ankles of the wearer, allowing them the freedom of unimpeded movement and to swiftly maneuver as required. A pelt larger and fluffier than the rest mantles the shoulders, independent from the other pelts yet secured as they are via rough stitching. The mantle’s fur is a myriad of browns and blacks, wrapping around the nape of the neck and limning a hood made from the other pelts of the cloak. A bone fetish attaches to the right side of the mantle, securing the cloak at the collarbone when joined to the opposing end whilst lending it an air of savagery.

Edit: Removed some passive voice.
    Fyrren
  • @Seir Looks pretty great. You going to do worn and removed descriptions?
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Fyrren said:

@Seir Looks pretty great. You going to do worn and removed descriptions?

Yeah. Examined is usually the big part as it helps out with fleshing what the worns will be.
    Fyrren
  • Here's a tower shield I did yesterday. Pretty proud of this one.

Appearance:
    a painting upon a tower shield of petrified wood
    Dropped:
    A painting upon a tower shield of petrified wood has been abandoned here.
    Examined:
    This tower shield is largely rectangular with a rounded bottom which has three large iron spikes jutting out, designed so the shield may be secured on the ground by the wielder in order to sustain blows of extreme force. Apparent from the back side is the petrified rosewood it is made from which has been polished to a shine and reflects reds and greens when light hits its surface. A dragon leather loop and a half loop of iron with a dragon leather grip have been set into the back of the shield for easy and secured wielding. The front of this shield has been inlaid with a cross of unrefined iron ore of a dark, rust-red colour, dividing the shield into four nearly equal sections. The surface of the shield, excluding the inlay, has been skillfully painted with a scene of the four cities of Sapience going to battle against each other; the top, left-hand corner, painted with many reds and much white, being themed to Spinesreach, an army of Cabalists, Sciomancers, and Atabahi marches towards the intersection of the cross, with no visible Syssin. The top, right-hand corner, painted with greens and browns, depicts the peoples and creatures of Duiran marching like-wise to the intersection; Shamans, Sentinels, Monks, and Bahkatu alongside many woodland creatures. The bottom, right-hand corner, painted with mostly blues and white, illustrates the forces of Enorian marching as the other cities; Templars at the front alongside Luminaries and Daru with Ascendril in the rear-guard. And finally, the bottom, left-hand corner of the shield, painted using mostly reds and much black, depicting the undead hordes of Bloodloch; a legion of Earthen, golems, Carnifex soldiers, Indorani necromancers, followed by their countless Chaos minions, with Vampiric warriors and mages mixed within the ranks. The rim of this shield is covered with brass plating, engraved with intricate patterns to frame the scene.
    SeirHexes
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Appearance:
    an iced cherry milk
    Examined:
    Violently shaken with ice until a thick and smooth consistency has been achieved, this
    creamy iced milk has a vibrant red ribbon running through. Chunks of macerated cherry can
    be seen in the swirl of red within this icy treat.
    Smell:
    Sweet, cold, and with a hint of cherry, this iced milk treat is definitely more dessert
    than anything else.
    Taste:
    Sweet and thick, this iced milk blends with a ribbon of half-crushed cherries and cherry
    jam that adds a tart kick on the tongue.
    Sip:
    You from and have a rush of tart sweetness assault your senses as this
    thick, cold iced milk drink passes through your mouth. A few cherries require some chewing.
    LastSip:
    You the last drops from . Much of the syrupy cherry jam and crushed
    cherries remain at the bottom of the glass, along with half-melted iced milk. It takes
    careful slurping to get the last bits out, chewed, and done.

I am making a whole line of these. Chocolate and kawhe, chocolate and caramel, banana, maple-pecan, and now my newest creation, cherry.

SeirFyrren
  • This got me 3rd in Rasani's forging contest.

Appearance:
    a painting upon a tower shield of petrified wood
    Dropped:
    A painting upon a tower shield of petrified wood has been abandoned here.
    Examined:
    This tower shield is largely rectangular with a rounded bottom which has three large iron spikes jutting out, designed so the shield may be secured on the ground by the wielder in order to sustain blows of extreme force. Apparent from the back side is the petrified rosewood it is made from which has been polished to a shine and reflects reds and greens when light hits its surface. A dragon leather loop and a half loop of iron with a dragon leather grip have been set into the back of the shield for easy and secured wielding. The front of this shield has been inlaid with a cross of unrefined iron ore of a dark, rust-red colour, dividing the shield into four nearly equal sections. The surface of the shield, excluding the inlay, has been skillfully painted with a scene of the four cities of Sapience going to battle against each other; the top, left-hand corner, painted with many reds and much white, being themed to Spinesreach, an army of Cabalists, Sciomancers, and Atabahi marches towards the intersection of the cross, with no visible Syssin. The top, right-hand corner, painted with greens and browns, depicts the peoples and creatures of Duiran marching like-wise to the intersection; Shamans, Sentinels, Monks, and Bahkatu alongside many woodland creatures. The bottom, right-hand corner, painted with mostly blues and white, illustrates the forces of Enorian marching as the other cities; Templars at the front alongside Luminaries and Daru with Ascendril in the rear-guard. And finally, the bottom, left-hand corner of the shield, painted using mostly reds and much black, depicting the undead hordes of Bloodloch; a legion of Earthen, golems, Carnifex soldiers, Indorani necromancers, followed by their countless Chaos minions, with Vampiric warriors and mages mixed within the ranks. The rim of this shield is covered with brass plating, engraved with intricate patterns to frame the scene.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I like to think I won fourth prize. Even though I didn't get any extra award for it.
    Fyrren
  • So, I made two nearly matching rings for @Cordia , one of sapphire and one of ruby. Only difference in descriptions are the gems. Check 'em out!

Appearance:
    a ruby-inlaid, blood-filled ring of black gold
    Dropped:
    Forgotten, a ruby-inlaid, blood-filled ring of black gold rests here.
    Examined:
    This ring of black gold has been crafted of a specific mold, leaving a reservoir on the outer edge of its circumference. Within this reservoir is a bit of blood which flows around easily with the movement of the hand, contained within the space by a band of glass which wraps around the black gold ring. Inlaid at the top of the ring is a teardrop-cut, ruby, which blocks the passage of the blood within the reservoir from completing a full circle.
    Cordia