Short Questions

Comments

• Bloodwood is its own unique wood, and there is a material for it able to be acquired through the Siroccian Geological Society.

> lookup bloodwood Term: bloodwood Section: Wood ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Definition: Location: Siroccian Geological Society's greenhouse A rare wood from the tainted Aalen forest, now known as the Bloodwood, which is more suitable than typical hardwoods but not as sturdy as shieldbark. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seir
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Antehe said:

Bloodwood is its own unique wood, and there is a material for it able to be acquired through the Siroccian Geological Society.

> lookup bloodwood Term: bloodwood Section: Wood ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Definition: Location: Siroccian Geological Society's greenhouse A rare wood from the tainted Aalen forest, now known as the Bloodwood, which is more suitable than typical hardwoods but not as sturdy as shieldbark. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic, @Antehe. I was curious if I could use it as a material for Seir's custom quarterstaff. I couldn't look it up right now since I'm at work. Much obliged.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I believe bloodwood shows up under LOOKUP so I think so?
  • What is the easiest class to bash with if I don't buy artifacts? Is the answer different if I do buy artifacts? Which artifacts should I get?
    Azazel said:

What is the easiest class to bash with if I don't buy artifacts? Is the answer different if I do buy artifacts? Which artifacts should I get?

For Shadow side: Teradrim
    For Spirit side: Sentinel

Remains pretty consistent even with artifacts.
  • Seir said:

Azazel said:

What is the easiest class to bash with if I don't buy artifacts? Is the answer different if I do buy artifacts? Which artifacts should I get?

Carnifex have a pretty easy time bashing, too. Decent defense, the ability to block attacks every so often with hounds, self-rez, temporary damage boosts in the form of Furor and Opportunity.

Disclaimer: You're always ALWAYS better off chosing a class/guild that interests you for more reaons than just ease of bashing. You'll have more fun that way. Every class can bash reasonably well, particularly now that Mages have had their bashing fine-tuned a little bit.

Look for a guild/class that you like the feel or idea of, and that will fit with how you imagine your character in the world.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Seir
  • I'd caution against Carnifex, the endurance drain is super nuts. You can bash forever as Cabalist (tanky), I think? With no arties, class tankiness is going to be a major factor imo of where you can/can't bash.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Azazel
    Kelliara said:

Seir said:

Azazel said:

Carnifex have a pretty easy time bashing, too. Decent defense, the ability to block attacks every so often with hounds, self-rez, temporary damage boosts in the form of Furor and Opportunity.

Disclaimer: You're always ALWAYS better off chosing a class/guild that interests you for more reaons than just ease of bashing. You'll have more fun that way. Every class can bash reasonably well, particularly now that Mages have had their bashing fine-tuned a little bit.

Look for a guild/class that you like the feel or idea of, and that will fit with how you imagine your character in the world.
    What Kelliara said. You want to be happy with the class that you pick and how it relates to your character.
  • Toz said:

I'd caution against Carnifex, the endurance drain is super nuts. You can bash forever as Cabalist (tanky), I think? With no arties, class tankiness is going to be a major factor imo of where you can/can't bash.

Oh, I suppose I never noticed the endurance drain while bashing because of fitness. This is a good point.

Willpower drain may be a problem for some Cabalists, too. I've heard a couple mention they chew through it, in my time.
  • Thanks guys. Honestly, I'm surprised Templar isn't one. I'd think with best armor in the game they'd be tougher then sentinel. I appreciate everyone's input.
  • Azazel said:

Thanks guys. Honestly, I'm surprised Templar isn't one. I'd think with best armor in the game they'd be tougher then sentinel. I appreciate everyone's input.

Armor in this game is bizarre. Heavy armor classes actually tend to be squishier, with their base resist provided to other classes via skills (mages don't wear ANY armor, but with shield+stoneskin they get high phys audit), AND there's a dodge malus for heavier armor.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Can I issue over spam in lessers? Like people spamming jump when their offense wigs out? Because I'm about to.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    I don't think so, no. By default, combat is naturally spammy. Every time it's happened to me (because I'm 100% sure it's unintentional) I do my best to ignore it. Every once in a while, I'll get hit by Warhounds Switch spam a hundred times in a row. Best thing you could do is offer to help them figure out why it's spamming that, if you're so inclined and/or savvy.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
  • Hound switching is one thing, spamming premotes is another, I feel.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I mean, people spam premotes on both sides when their offense wigs out. I'm not sure how hound switching is different than a premote, when I'm pretty sure hound switch is longer text wise and more likely to be spammy. It happens with people who meditate on every balance, too. I don't think it's really a problem that's worth issuing over, but the admin may agree with you, who knows.
    Hound switching is more lines than the premote, for one. The purpose of jumping is something a lot of Aetolians do as a means of checking for certain hidden afflictions. I'm sure you've also seen entourage follow, meditation, and various other things that get sent on attack. Sometimes it gets sent way more than necessary, but that's just how some people code it up. Sometimes the code breaks. It's annoying, I can agree with that! But I don't think it's something worth issuing over unless the 'guilty' party is being rude about it. Maybe they even have it gagged and don't even realize that they're spamming it so much, you know? My two cents.
  • Does Isatis tinctoria (Woad) exist in Aetolia? It's color appears in dyekits (which is appropriate), but I've never actually seen Woad anywhere in the game.

edited March 2017
    I'm not too familiar with the subject, but Aetolia has 'dath', which I believe is most similar to henna? It is created through Floristry and is a worn, colored marking of the creator's design.

Here's Dzekk's, for example:

(stained over his heart) : a dath of bold red flames

Stained over the heart of the wearer in bright, bold red, this dath bears a striking resemblance to dancing flames. The lines of hands and fingerprints are somewhat distinguishable from the mess, the thinner points of the design done by the distinct shape and point of claws.

It's not quite the same thing as woad, but it's the closest thing I know of.
  • Dzekk said:

I'm not too familiar with the subject, but Aetolia has 'dath', which I believe is most similar to henna? It is created through Floristry and is a worn, colored marking of the creator's design.

Here's Dzekk's, for example:

(stained over his heart) : a dath of bold red flames

Stained over the heart of the wearer in bright, bold red, this dath bears a striking resemblance to dancing flames. The lines of hands and fingerprints are somewhat distinguishable from the mess, the thinner points of the design done by the distinct shape and point of claws.

It's not quite the same thing as woad, but it's the closest thing I know of.

I think you can also get dath from the SGS, as well. I vaguely recall.
    Roxi
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Sooo, you want to issue people. In combat. Which is naturally spammy. Over something that's most likely just an error in their system that's most likely not intentional. 
  • edited March 2017
    Edit: NOT WORTH NOT WORTH OMG SO NOT WORTH
    XeniaLeana
  • RoxiRoxi Reno, NV
    I keep getting knocked off path tracking from the dust in the mojave. Today's the first day I've noticed it, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been there before, it just made me stop path finding today which is why I realized something was up. Anyone else had this happen, and is there anything I can do that might counteract it? Roxi's undead, but still gets pwn'd by a dustcloud, apparently, and idk how to deal with it other than -maybe- coding in an auto 'q path go' on the dust message.
    "
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    An auto 'q path go' wouldn't work either, since you've moved from the position where you started. It's annoying and it's not just the dustclouds that do this. It's the wind in the mountains throwing you to the ground as well. It would be great if there was a command to -PAUSE- and -RESUME- path tracking.

Roxi
  • RoxiRoxi Reno, NV
    well as far as the dust goes, it doesn't seem to move me like the wind does, but it knocks me off balance for .5 seconds, and that's enough to stop the pathfinding, which is weird, cause it will -spam- me with 'you must regain balance' everytime i'm path finding and one of my defs gets re-done.

Unrelated, but does anyone know why we can't use 'recall (mountID#)' for mounts that are out of the stable already? Is there a way to track (Like through gmcp) when you have a mount out or not that I just haven't found yet?
    "
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Sounds like a realistic situation. "I should avoid X because the dustclouds make it hard to navigate."

"Instead,  I will travel to Y and then to Z as to circumvent X."

• @Teani that exists.

PATH STOP pauses your travel. PATH GO picks it back up!

Roxi
    Yes, but PATH RESUME would be for events were your path is interrupted, as mentioned above. In those cases PATH GO doesn't work, because you didn't do PATH STOP, which I forgot you could use to simply pause things. 

Roxi
  • RoxiRoxi Reno, NV
    The dust isn't the problem. Its the inconsistency with being off balance stopping path finding. If I get knocked off balance (but not out of the room) by almost anything else that's shorter than 4 seconds, it will continue to attempt to path. If I get knocked off balance for the .5 seconds the dust triggers, it stops pathing, even though I've not left the room.

I'm also rather confused as to how the dust is supposed to affect undead charecters, since the very concept of undeath, both in becomming undead, navigating water as an undead, and the help file for the undead, specifically references the fact that they don't breathe. Logically, it -shouldn't- affect them in the first place, though I know as well as anyone there's always stuff that doesn't logically make sense that still has to remain the way it is, either because of coding restraints or balance, or whatever else.

Lastly, I can't rightly avoid the desert right out my front door. There's no changelog, and no documentation on it that I could find when I looked, so I'm not sure when they enacted this, other than it just started making pathing fail yesterday. "Just avoid that area" isn't really a usable fix, since pathfinding is always going to take you through the desert for anything on that side of the continent.
    "
    I don't think it is the dust and difficulty breathing part of the duststorm that affects Undead characters as much as the force of the wind making it difficult to move unhindered. (However, if one went by that logic, a Sciomancer should never be as affected by wind as others, since they can channel and control the element.)

• Hesitant to bring my question up again, but it was not entirely answered. The bits about Dath paint/ink was interesting, and something I had little to no knowledge of, but it was somewhat removed from my inquiry.

I'll approach my question somewhat differently in terms of how it's presented
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Does Isatis tinctoria, also known as Woad, dyer's woad, glastum, or Asp of Jerusalem exist within the fabric of Aetolia?

By exist, I mean strictly in room descriptions, not as something I can interact with.

I'm ready to scour every single room possible just to locate it, but that's tedious and drawn out, so hopefully I can get an answer here, instead of dragging Tacitus on an epic grade quest for a plant that may not even exist. The color woad-blue exists, but that hardly gives me anything else concrete to go off of!

It's not to terrible of an issue, and it's more grounded in simple curiosity and RP than anything else, such as game mechanics or related matters.