Considering moving to Aetolia

2»

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Lilyna said:

I have walked around my city (Bloodloch) some, but I never seem to find anyone, and when I do they appear to be afk or simply uninterested.

That's because Bloodloch is a very quiet city, bordering on death (no pun intended). Bloodloch people are either afk, sitting in havens, bashing, minding our own business, or ignoring others. We kind of just focus on ourselves or the guilds we're in.

Most newbies tend to gravitate towards the three roleplay centers of Aetolia, that being Spinesreach, Enorian, or Duiran. Bloodloch doesn't really have any real roleplay beyond "Rawr, look at me, I'm a vampire." /end scene

So if you're looking for roleplay as your anchor, go to one of those three cities. They'll have far more people willing to roleplay with you and communicate with you than those in Bloodloch.

Cordia
  • edited February 2017
    Lilyna said:

Hello, I hope it's okay if I use this thread too.

I have walked around my city (Bloodloch) some, but I never seem to find anyone, and when I do they appear to be afk or simply uninterested.

Bloodlochian here! I definitely RP, though I afk some. I'm in EST, with a child, so my time around is a bit odd. But, please feel free to pester me in-game at any time for RP or just questions. I'll be more than happy to help you out.
    ErebosFyrrenSeth
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Lilyna
    If you like the feel of Bloodloch and it seems to fit your character but you're having trouble finding RP there, I'd suggest taking a trip to Esterport - it is a great "neutral ground" place to find RP. It's usually pretty populated by people lingering in bars desperately hoping for someone to come interrupt them!

Additionally: if you're the one waiting, throwing up a custom POSE of some sort in a tavern is often a good way to indicate to passers-by that you're looking for RP and not just idling.
    Emir
  • Wait really? If I was afking in a Tavern I would probably use my pose to say I'm passed out at a bar to indicate that I'm drunk/afk instead!
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Fyrren
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Emir said:

Wait really? If I was afking in a Tavern I would probably use my pose to say I'm passed out at a bar to indicate that I'm drunk/afk instead!

Alright, let me revise:
    Additionally: if you're the one waiting, throwing up a custom POSE of some sort in a tavern in a way that doesn't make you look like you're intentionally trying to indicate that you're AFK is often a good way to indicate to passers-by that you're looking for RP and not just idling.
    Seth
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Thank you,  all. @Cordia had been super helpful these past couple days and I feel roleplay between us is picking up quite a bit. 

I think I'll look into Bloodloch's culture and see what I can do to liven the place up (put intended). Maybe I just need to poke a Culture Minister and bring a tome of ideas. 

Cordia
  • LilynaLilyna Bloodloch
    Oh wow! Thank you for all your responses, I've been spending the last few days looking over the wiki and reading up on the lore. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to settle down at.

If it isn't too weird I'd be okay if some people messaged me, or replied here, with the sort of roleplay is strong in your circle of friends. I can get an idea of what probably happens where from the wiki but it could be totally off because of player direction.

I'm leaning strongly towards Duiran right now and I am currently in the process of creating a character there to read up on some things.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    Hey there again, @Lilyna!

Let me be the first to say: Welcome to Duiran! That is, if you decide that that is where'd you want to play! Given that you're from Lusternia, I'll attempt to give you some background as to what Duiran is about while utilizing some comparable aspects from Lusternia that you might recognize. At a first glance, you might think that Duiran is similar to Serenwilde. However, this is very much not the case. While they both house a variety of fae, Aetolian fae are very alien and mercurial versus Lusternia's fae, which tend to be overly happy and silly at times. Additionally, Duiran doesn't have an atmosphere like Serenwilde. If I had to compare it to anything, it is like a commune that bridges the gap between Serenwilde and Glomdoring. Not as gloom and doom as Glomdoring, but not as "happy-go-lucky" as Serenwilde tended to be. Indeed, Duiran is a fairly savage place, full of a diverse myriad of people all generally there for different reasons. Some just want to escape city life, some wholeheartedly embrace the wild aspects of who they are, some desire freedom (within limitations), and others seek balance to their lives. Regardless of their reasoning, all swear an oath to put both the wilds and the Rhythm (the natural cycle of life and death) at the forefront and that is what binds us all to one another.

So, that's a very brief synopsis on Duiran. What about our guilds?

The Sentinels are oft thought of as the body of the Council. They are the hardened flesh, the stalwart bunch of ragtag vagabonds, former knights, vagrants, and all those who, just as with those who take an oath to the Council, take an oath to preserve the Rhythm by any means necessary (and I truly do mean by any means necessary. A Sentinel does not allow morality to dictate them, only their oath). A Sentinel is firstly, above all else, a warrior. However, while all are warriors, some also dedicate their lives to knowledge, understanding, the creative arts, or they just dedicate themselves wholeheartedly to bloodshed. There are a great deal of blood sacrament/blood oaths within the Pride with their Sacraments (of which I am proud to say that I've made a few!) and the Pride as a whole puts a strong emphasis on ancestor worship. If that's your cup of tea, we'd be glad to have you!

The Shamans are the spirit of the Council. They are the guardians, interpreters, soothsayers, and lorekeepers of both the Council and the plane of Dendara. Dendara, for reference, is relatively similar in nature to Ethereal Serenwilde/Ethereal Glomdoring in Lusternia. However, Dendara acts as the afterlife for all animal spirits and while all of Duiran is pledged to defend it from harm, the Shamans act as those who try to interpret and understand this otherwise very alien plane. Indeed, Dendara is green and vibrant, full of ancient spirits who, if you blood pact with them, will grant a Shaman oaths that they can call upon in times of need. They channel natural energies through their finger tips and overall have a very interesting vibe to them. They're currently undergoing a resurgence of sorts, so if you're willing, they could certainly use an active member to help things out.

The Sentaari monks are the mind of the Council. While the Council on a whole seeks balance, the Sentaari put added emphasis on it. They are usually not as feral as the other members of the Council as they usually preach forethought, understanding, and rationality before pursuing interests relevant to the Council and its interactions with the world. This does NOT make them pacifists, however, as they are very willing to get their hands dirty against any who would threaten either Duiran or the demesne of all that Duiran stands for. Think of them as the non-feral counterbalance to the bunch of savages that Duiran has. They provide a necessary check and equilibrium for the Council on a whole.

So that is a very brief synopsis of Duiran and its guilds. If you have any questions, please ask them! We look forward to having you and once again: Welcome to Aetolia.
    Lilyna
  • I bother everyone huzzah
    SessizlikAishiaKarhastTrikalSibatti
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Sentaari are always drinking tea and wearing pants and stuff. Crazy!
    Pazradym
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Finding my place in the world. I want to make Bloodloch thr most immersive experience.

ZailaDidiFyrrenKarhast
  • It's a trap, he's never.... @Seir -ious enough to help people.

Kidding, <3@Seir
  • edited February 2017
    Zaila said:

Emir said:

Wait really? If I was afking in a Tavern I would probably use my pose to say I'm passed out at a bar to indicate that I'm drunk/afk instead!

Alright, let me revise:
    Additionally: if you're the one waiting, throwing up a custom POSE of some sort in a tavern in a way that doesn't make you look like you're intentionally trying to indicate that you're AFK is often a good way to indicate to passers-by that you're looking for RP and not just idling.
    I like to go to random places people pass through, often, and hit a pose of something ridiculous. Once, the pose was Cardie standing on his head with his tongue lolling from his mouth, as he concentrated on balance. It instigated close to three hours of RP.

Also....

Spinesreach has cookies, and is more active. But we lack some pretty cool players, like @Rhyot and @Zenobia (and others, of course.)
  • Being 'more active' is a bit of a stretch mate.
    Sure it has 'more' people online, doesn't mean they're doing anything at all.

Phase sure is a unicorn, isn't it?

Though @OP, Welcome to Aetolia!
    I hope you like Duiran (or whatever city your RP takes you too!)

• welcome and have fun
  • Also a fellow potential convert; mainly I'm just bored of my main game and looking to see if Aetolia would be interesting.

Thank you for some of the explanations here. I'm hoping I'll be able to find something in Aetolia that will spark my interest into making me stay. I don't even have a real character concept yet, to be honest, because I'm not sure what the best would be, but I'm just going to roll with it.
    FyrrenZaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Just gonna say now, you picked one hell of a time to join us. Don't let these first few days mold your perception of the game, it's the (hopeful) end of a month-long event that's introducing an overhaul to one of the core systems.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Lin
  • Tekias said:

Just gonna say now, you picked one hell of a time to join us. Don't let these first few days mold your perception of the game, it's the (hopeful) end of a month-long event that's introducing an overhaul to one of the core systems.

So I gathered from seeing everything going on! Thanks for taking the time to speak to me yesterday :)
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    S'what I do. It's in the title.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• I'm a recent convert from Achaea too. I like "dark" and "evil" themed classes, but grew really irritated with Mhaldor's RP. While there are really awesome people in Mhaldor, the hazing and veteran worship creeped me out. 

Bloodloch has all the dark themed goodies without any of the weirdness. The people are awesome (shout out to @Cordia and @Alathesia) and helpful, and the RP is less humiliating. 

Im a 34 year old white collar dude who just wants to chill with cool people, explore text worlds, and play with JavaScript. Aetolia is perfect for me. 
    ArbreOleisZailaCordiaNyrusSynne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Jearnys said:

I'm a recent convert from Achaea too. I like "dark" and "evil" themed classes, but grew really irritated with Mhaldor's RP. While there are really awesome people in Mhaldor, the hazing and veteran worship creeped me out. 

Bloodloch has all the dark themed goodies without any of the weirdness. The people are awesome (shout out to @Cordia and @Alathesia) and helpful, and the RP is less humiliating. 

Im a 34 year old white collar dude who just wants to chill with cool people, explore text worlds, and play with JavaScript. Aetolia is perfect for me. 

I'm really glad you like it, especially Bloodloch. Like any other game, we've had our share of Mhaldor-esque times, but I have a lot of faith in our players. And any city loves fresh blood (no pun intended). Let us know if you need anything!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.