Request: Teradrim Combat Logs

I'm new, but I wanted to get a taste of Teradrim Combat. But more importantly, I'd like to see logs of anyone dying to a Teradrim. 

Or group combat logs that show what dynamic a Teradrim brings to the field. 
Erebos

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Volcath,

I'll see if I can try to get in touch with @Varel's character over in Imperian. He was someone who actively used Teradrim and used it very well. If he has any logs or advice and doesn't mind sharing them, I'll see if I can get him to post it here.
    VolcathFyrren
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Most people don't fight in Teradrim anymore. That said, I dont have any combat logs.. But what I can tell you is that your primary focus will be on targetting limbs to a moderate bruising degree and then go for Hammer instakill. If you want, the next time im on, I can sit in a training room with you, in Teradrim, so you can see how they fight in 1v1 and in group.

In group combat, its fairly simple. You have one of three choices....
    1. You use a normal bashing attack like earth batter. This causes minor head damage and moderate normal damage.
    2. You'll use Fracture a lot to break their various limbs to effectively hinder their combat ability.
    3. You'll use Earth Barrage to hit three limbs at once and cause moderate damage.

• edited February 2017
    I fight in teradrim probably the most often of current players. I can post a log of the next time I do one after work tonight. But I'm not a top tier teradrim fighter either, just an average one. Skilled enough to still be able to kill most people though and give an idea of how the class works.

Also as an early treat since I only save normally kills that look neat, this how it looks when a teradrim ends the fight.

Tina advances upon you, hand outstretched as stone rapidly rises up from the ground, forming within her grasp a colossal spiked maul. Terror overtakes you as Tina stands dominantly over your supine form and draws back her massive hammer ominously. You struggle in vain to move your battered body, but it is too late. With one mighty swing, the weapon crushes your skill instantly.
    VolcathChai
  • So the combat log doesn't come to a conclusion. Did it end in fatigue?

I was also kinda hoping sand would be playing a larger part. I'm more into mage and finesse than clubbing seals to death. Perhaps I'm not seeing the finesse of the technique, but it looks like you just keep battering 3 limbs at a time. 
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Phew, it wasn't vs. me when I was trying to cheese you with ice fetish. <_< >_>
    Emir
  • I am by no means a combat guy but I always imagine Teradrim as kinda battle-mages. Channeling their power through their flails and such. Plus a lot of their skills involve them willing rock and sand into the Prime Material Plane from the Plane of Elemental Earth.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    *Is Volcath*

I started a notebook to keep track of my attacks, Defenses, and utility abilities. 

I can't wait to see what I can put together once I have all my skills. 

Side note: I keep eating up my willpower- what major Willpower drain do I have access to so early? I'm only skilled in Terramancy and Desiccation.

• Erebos said:

*Is Volcath*

I started a notebook to keep track of my attacks, Defenses, and utility abilities. 

I can't wait to see what I can put together once I have all my skills. 

Side note: I keep eating up my willpower- what major Willpower drain do I have access to so early? I'm only skilled in Terramancy and Desiccation.

You can use AUDIT WILLPOWER to see your drains. For Teradrim it's mostly the Desiccation skills, keeping rooms flooded with sand exponentially increases the drain for each new room.
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Oh, wow. So how do Teradrim deal with the Willpower drain of group fights?

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Erebos said:

Oh, wow. So how do Teradrim deal with the Willpower drain of group fights?

Can carry items called "bullseyes" with you. They restore willpower to full. Usually, your group members will be generous if it means sustaining your sand, passives, etc. There's also a tattoo that will passively buff up your will. If you're Trans in Constitution (can't recall off the top of my head as I'm at work, basically the magic resist one), you can do UNLEASH ENERGY FOR WILL or whatever it is. It should be in the HELP FILE. It'll store up some damage that you take and then you can unleash it to recover a good chunk of willpower or endurance. There's also Refining (if you have it), which you can use to restore your will by sacrificing your ylem reserves.

I don't know of Shadow utility from other classes that helps with will recovery.
    Fyrren
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    edited February 2017
    Owl tattoo and periodic use of Desiccation Ruminate during downtimes (Ruminate restores willpower exponentially, so if you can keep it going for a long time you nullify any WP drain no matter how big) should allow you to maintain a decent number of sanded rooms without running dry. You want to make liberal use of releasing sanded rooms that you are not using and are not critical points (such as when you Simoon, it leaves sand in every room from you to the target).

I forgot to mention in my original post, Desiccation Confound and Desiccation Distort are also amazing group abilities. Golems can also be ordered remotely to pick up monolith/cube sigils, break shields, all sorts of good stuff.