Class Questions

AesgarAesgar Hashan, Achaea
Hey all!

My name is Aesgar, I am a regular of Achaea, Dreams of Divine Lands however I wanted to give Aetolia a try. I have heard good things!

Right now, I am starting off by just picking my class. What is most important to me right now is good hunting. Any ideas of which class seems to be the best for such?

Other than that, I'll certainly be getting into combat so any recommendations there are much appreciated.

Most importantly, a class that you think has great flavor and is fun to play, do let me know.

Look forward to meeting you all!
Didi

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    That's a very broad question!

I saw that you picked Templar, however, and that's a fair choice!

If I recall correctly, you play a Runewarden in Achaea. Totems don't exist in Aetolia, but you'd probably want a knight class if you're looking for something similar. Templar usually pursues an affliction route via Redemption, kinda/sorta like Damnation in Achaea Devotion, just less limb-based.

Templars are flexible though, their bashing is generally fairly good as well, and if you liked Weaponmastery in Achaea, they're Aetolia's weaponmasters and jack-of-all-trades with weapons.

Enorian is also in a pretty good spot right now, both with PvP'ers and with RP'ers. You're allied with Duiran, which also has good RP'ers. We are not Eleusis, however. Forestals here don't really persist that typical, negative stereotype as they used to or, in some cases, still do in Achaea.

Other than that, that's about all. Enjoy Aetolia. Feel free to ask me in-game or via forums if you have any questions.
    Aesgar
  • Depending on what your alignment typically leans towards, there is also the Indorani class. It uses class decay, but with the right statpack it can be pretty great. Plus, once you learn putrefaction, bashing/hunting is pretty great. I'm saying this with a bit of personal bias, as it's my character of choice to play right now for bashing, but it really can be pretty great.

Only downside? Bloodloch can be a little quiet. But, that is being actively worked on by all and is a great place to try to make a mark with a little energy and effort.

I play both Apianora and Cordia, so please feel free to pester me in-game for any IC or OOC questions you might have about the darker side of the game.
    SeirAesgar
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    In all honesty, Teradrim bashing is the best bashing in my opinion. Templar has nice speed, but not great hits. Indorani even with putrefaction doesn't have the tankability that Teradrim has.

Praenomen is terrible for bashing. As is Wayfarer, Sciomancer/Ascendril, and Shapeshifter.

Monk/Zealot are good for quick crit hits/multikills, especially once you get Overkill in Survival.

Carnifex is also a good one, because their pets can help hit mobs or take damage for you.

However, the best bashing class, in my humble opinion, is Teradrim. They have super high tankability, moderate dps, and they are further augmented by their golem hitting and tanking with them.

Just my two cents worth.

AesgarSeirFyrren
  • Rhyot said:

Praenomen is terrible for bashing. As is Wayfarer, Sciomancer/Ascendril, and Shapeshifter.

While I can't speak for Praenomen or Sciomancer/Ascendril, I haven't found Wayfarer or Shapeshifter too difficult to bash in.

Particularly since Wayfarers can fairly frequently reduce their damage taken, or cheat death from damage entirely, and Shapeshifters can have a passive extra heal that goes off every 14seconds or so.

While, yes, other classes probably have an easier time with higher defenses, don't feel like Wayfarer and Shapeshifter are completely hobbled in their own rights.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    AesgarTeani
  • Scepter makes any class with a high audit bashing viable, since you can wield a shield and use it. Prae's biggest issue is dps, and scepter mitigates that (mend is p. nice).

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aesgar
  • Oh, snap. I hadn't even thought about sceptre and shield.

My new Wayfarer bashing technique.
    Aesgar
  • AesgarAesgar Hashan, Achaea
    Cool! So it sounds like Teradrim is the way I would want to go. However, I like Enorian so far and they've been very helpful so I can't abandon them.

Thus, sounds like I will do just fine bashing as a Templar. Unless Enorian has a better guild for hunting?

Thank you all so much! Seems like a great community thus far, everybody has been welcoming even IC
  • Aesgar said:

Cool! So it sounds like Teradrim is the way I would want to go. However, I like Enorian so far and they've been very helpful so I can't abandon them.

Thus, sounds like I will do just fine bashing as a Templar. Unless Enorian has a better guild for hunting?

Thank you all so much! Seems like a great community thus far, everybody has been welcoming even IC

Honestlly, you'll manage okay no matter what guild or class you pick. You're far better off choosing a guild because you like the Lore and RP of the city and the Guild itself.

Are some Guilds a bit better suited? Sure. But I'd consider that secondary to enjoying the space you're playing in.

TL;DR - Pick the guild and city that appeals to you most, and don't worry quite so much about how the Guild goes for bashing. You'll have way more fun that way :)
    EmelleAesgar
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    Aesgar said:

Yeah. Once you get Zeal in Battlefury and get Overkill in Survival, you'll be golden. Templar also has a lot of self-support utility via Auras in Righteousness.

I can't quite recall if Achaea conserves left over damage from criticals like Overkill does and rolls it into your next attack, but we have that here. Means that with your 4-hit zeal near endgame, you'll be critting left and right.

Edit: also, to echo at what @Kelliara said, don't worry about guild. You can multiclass based on your tether so... that's always an option if you wanted to pursue it in the future. Just go with what meshes with your character the most.
    Aesgar