Jami voted for Axius
    Valingar voted for Axius
    Ilyon changed his vote to Axius

Sibatti (1): Karhast
    Buford (1): Emir
    Emir (1): Buford
    Jami (2): Axius, Teani
    Axius (6): Sarita, Sibatti, Lehar, Jami, Valingar, Ilyon

The debate began to get heated. Serious accusations were bandied about, and by now, the citizens of Esterport were feeling confident in their logic.

A heated argument broke out between Buford and Emir, and while they shouted and traded threats, much of the remaining group focused on Axius.

A case was built, and a train sped out of the station, as it were. With Axius's body swinging from the gallows, the citizens were finally able to see him as he truly was.

@Axius has been lynched. He was a Syssin!
    -----

It is Night 3.

The Syssin General is alive.
    There are 2 Syssin alive.
    Iosyne's Follower is alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There are 3 Citizens remaining.

Night roles, please PM me your actions!

• Oho, finally we're getting somewhere.

• Well fuck me sideways. The only way that worked out is if the Syssin gave up one of their own or both the arsonist /and/ the drunk sided with town.

Color me impressed either way.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • As Lehar says then. Nobody has contested the claim, so I'm in.

Unvote
    Vote: Axius
  • I think you might be just a little bit too late on that one :tongue:

• ....... Oh, god, I'm dumb.
    Emelle
  • Oh, we can actually talk. I'm only sort of dumb then.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Under cover of darkness, someone stakes a hastily-scribbled note in the courtyard of the H&H2: "Syssin, you may share in the blessings of my Goddess. Spiders have crawled in Lehar's house since the night after the barkeep died. Shall we work together tonight to try and kill a drunkard or a knight? Respond, and I shall give you three possible names from which to pick your nightly victim."
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Something strange occurred at the sun's next rising. As Esterport's few remaining citizens tentatively stepped out of their homes, many of them took notice of an army of black spiders marching through the streets in disorganized lines.

A few citizens decided to try searching for the source, and began to follow the arachnids' path in the opposite direction. It took them through the better part of the city until they finally arrived at a small, inconspicuous hut in the corner of the residential district. Its door hung ajar, spiders streaming from inside.

The braver of the bunch chanced a look. In the center of the room, offerings were strewn about a shrine to Iosyne, the only feature not draped in thick spiderwebs. At its foot lay the body of Sarita, her eyes bulging, a deep purple bruise circling her neck. A note lay at her side:

"This certainly evens the odds, don't you think?

--The General"

@Sarita has been slain. She was Iosyne's Follower!
    -----

It is Day 4.

The Syssin General is alive.
    There are 2 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There are 3 Citizens remaining.

5 votes are needed to lynch.
  • Hot damn. Awesome!

Lehar, any news?
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Does this mean the spiders can no longer kill people?
  • If the Knight would like to speak up so we can coordinate, that would be great. The fact that the Syssin killed Iosyne's Follower is a big boon for us, though.
  • As a reminder to the people who messaged me, from the first post-

"**Players may not PM each other. Please use the anonymous message feature instead!"

So, if anyone would like to repeat their message here for everyone to see, or with an anonymous message, go ahead. If not, just know that I have my suspicions of who it might be.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Woho! One less threat to worry about. Now, if we can just pin down another Syssin today, this is going rather smoothly, wouldn't you all say? Sure, we still need all of us on the same person, unless the drunk decides to help out, but I am really happy that I won't have to see check under my pillow for spiders.

• A great turn for us, to have the threat of spiders gone. Couldn't have come at a better time. @Lehar, did you pick up any information we can use (preferably, a Syssin to lynch)? We got a good boost last round, so let's not waste the positive momentum.
  • I have gained information on who the Knight is. I had been hoping to draw someone out that might falsely claim, but it appears not to be. I do not want to give away the knight, even though they have a starburst, unless they want to publicly claim it.
  • Kind of wish you had lied and just called the knight a citizen, so we could have had a little easier time in this rounds' speculations, but no putting back the omelet in the egg. I'll follow your vote this round as well, to avoid accidents.

Going by the previous vote tally, the ones with the most lynch potential are Karhast, Emir, Buford and Teani. None of them voted on our sole successful lynch train, on which we would have needed almost everyone to succeed with (6 out of 11 votes were needed for the vote, and there were 4 Syssin at the time). Its guaranteed there is at least one citizen among those four names, however, they are the best we have right now.
  • Sooo, are you saying that my suspicion of Teani may be warranted after all? :smiley:

• @Emir seems the most suspicious after his previous postings, but in the manner that I think he's just drunk.

This leaves @Buford, @Teani, and @Karhast. Buford is very loud, Karhast is late to the party. Does anyone have thoughts on these three?
  • You just point at whoever you want dead, boss. I'll be over here trying to wrap my head around how you guys can't see Buford for what he is. I'll bandwagon behind you.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I fucked up pretty badly on the last day, which speaks against me.. Anyhow. Er. The problem here is mostly that I'm absolutely, entirely, a boring civilian. Which.. Means that at least one syssin voted against their kin. I will vote along with Lehar this round, and I do understand that my not doing so in the previous is suspicious, but I do want to urge everyone to look for a Syssin 'protesting too much'; they're out there, and it's going to be very annoying.

I've been trying to bang my head against people's voting records and it's a nightmare.

Me: 2 citizens and 2 unknowns (Sibatti, Jami)
    Lehar: 2 citizens and 1 syssin
    Karhast: 2 citizens and 1 unknown (Sibatti)
    Emir: 1 citizen and 2 unknowns (Sibatti, himself)
    Paz: 1 citizen and 1 unknown (Karhast)
    Sibatti: 2 citizens and 1 syssin
    Sarita: 1 citizen, 1 syssin, and 1 unknown (Karhast)
    Axius: 3 citizens and 2 unknown (Karhast, Jami)
    Buford: 1 citizen and 3 unknown (Karhast, Sibatti, Emir)
    Kelliara: 1 syssin and 1 unknown (Sibatti)
    Xenia: 2 citizens and 3 unknown (Buford, Karhast, Jami)
    Valingar: 2 citizens, 1 syssin and 1 unknown (Jami)
    Ilyon: 3 citizens, 1 syssin and 1 unknown (Jami)
    Jami: 2 citizens, 1 syssin and 2 unknown (Valingar, Sibatti)

Valingar hasn't received more than one vote, as far as I can tell, and that was a quick voting exchange between himself and Jami very early on. He's also been laying pretty low, mostly speculating in posts in between votes.

Karhast has been very vocal, while Sibatti has drawn a lot of attention but giving very little away, and Jami has been very quiet.

Now, I'll definitely vote along with Lehar, but hopefully someone more skilled in deduction can draw some information from this? To me it feels like Karhast might be the Drunk, especially considering how he acted early.

Forgot to add that the names within parenthesis are the unknowns they have voted for.

• Well, the arsonist being gone is a big perk. I'd still peg Emir as something, though like Lehar said it's probably the drunk.

Jami's been absolutely flying under the radar this entire time, and there's the off-chance that the note previously was a quick attempt at self-protection.

Going to wait on Lehar's word, but it's... interesting that somebody so quiet has managed to slip by this long.
  • The pressure, my shoulders! I need more than just 'I will vote with you, Lehar!'.

Of those left, after having gone over the vote tallies and trains, I am looking more closely at Teani. She was voting for Sibatti, who has been investigated and confirmed innocent or General, then switched to Jami with Axius. Along these lines, Ilyon was voting with Axius and only switched at the last vote to join the train. Thoughts?
  • Lehar said:

The pressure, my shoulders! I need more than just 'I will vote with you, Lehar!'.

Of those left, after having gone over the vote tallies and trains, I am looking more closely at Teani. She was voting for Sibatti, who has been investigated and confirmed innocent or General, then switched to Jami with Axius. Along these lines, Ilyon was voting with Axius and only switched at the last vote to join the train. Thoughts?

Ilyon's voting for Teani isn't exactly suspicious to me, seeing as he's been doing it literally since the first round. It seems to me more like a default response (like in the last game) than anything. Weird, but if nothing else, consistent.
    I think with both Jami and Valingar sort of flying under the radar, voting for one another briefly in the beginning makes me wonder if they did that simply to draw attention away from being too quiet. Valingar also switched his vote late on the Axius train. A sacrifice, maybe? I'm not the only one seeing that they probably had at least one of their own voting for him.

• Anyway - about the only thing we can say with any certainty is that anyone who Axius voted for is most likely not a syssin, which in turn would clear up Karhast and Jami.

Not sure what to make of this Emir/Buford back and forth, one of them may very well be a syssin, or at least the drunk. But hard to say.

Sibatti, Valingar, and Jami have all been rather silent - Jami is likely confirmed as per above, hard to say about Sibatti and Valingar. They did join that Axius train as #2 and #5, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. Sibatti investigated as innocent, may be worth investigating Valingar, too.

That leaves Teani, who stayed absent from the Axius train, and voted along with him. Which makes him my primary suspect - I'm nothing if not consistent in this :tongue:

Did we get any results from last night investigations?

• Sorry @Lehar, but as the Psychic, you're confirmed innocent and have more information than we do, so the burden of leadership falls your way at this stage. Here's my thoughts on the current crop of people who didn't vote for Axius.

First, Buford and Emir, the wordy fighting duo. I suggest we ignore them this round and get back to them later armed with more information. One or both of them could possibly be Syssin, but the chance of a drunk sighting is too high here. We can't afford to hit the drunk, because if we lynch him, we lose right here and now.

As for Teani, she's fighting hard to stay unlynched, so she's not the drunk at least. Has some kind of weird thing going on with Ilyon. All the people she's specifically mentioned today (me, Jami, Sibatti and Karhast) are people who either voted to lynch Axius or that Axius voted for at some point, which I count against her at this point.

I have no read on Karhast at all. He's either a strangely acting citizen with shoddy luck, or a Syssin really good at mindgames, but Axius voted for him the first round, which I think definitely shines in his favor.