Free pics, sortof?

Comments

• DakanDakan Behind you
    edited January 2017
    Fyrren's picture just convinced me to throw a description in the pot. Color me impressed, Sessi. I'm in need of a forum avatar pic! Credits your way if you find time to get to me. :)

He is an athletic Idreth of Human heritage, with a mane of dark brown hair and a well trimmed beard each bound into a single braid with leather cords. Smaller braids, laced with trinkets of stone and bone, escape from his temples to further frame a stern face weathered by the sun. Dull eyes the color of jade seem to be lacking any trace of empathy, reducing his gaze to that of a serpent and just as merciful. Faint patterns can be seen crawling across his tanned skin, not unlike tribal markings painted on before battle. These grow lighter in places while others darken, as if responding directly to the caress of the wind upon his flesh. He carries a slight frame that fails to reach six feet in height, though he is far from frail. His hands are scarred in the way of one who has labored and fought through life, and never seem to stray far from the weapons at his side.

(worn on the legs) : a pair of gray leather pants
    (covering the torso) : a gray shirt with torn off sleeves
    (worn on the feet) : a pair of hardy gray boots
    (around the waist) : a rugged leather weaponbelt
    (handaxes hanging off of loops to either side)

If you need a mental image, just imagine him sitting somewhere not in the city, open to the wind. Probably smoking a thin black cigarette with gold banding if he isn't actively engaged in hitting something.
    Fyrren
  • I'mma just leave this here...

She is a typical Tsol'aa and appears to be trying her best to avoid notice. She stands around five feet exactly and keeps her head low. Poorly cut lavender hair reaches just past her pointed ears with uneven bangs that fall down to obscure the right half of her face and cast a shadow over her left. The base of her neck is a mess of puncture wounds, some seeming reluctant to heal. Pale white skin that looks almost malnourished lies atop her fragile frame, large veins visible beneath. Her near-emaciated form boasts modest yet noticeable curves in contrast to her thin waist. Shallow, fading scars stand out upon her body like fire on a winter's day. Covered from her neck down, these scars lay all about her body in a crisscross fashion that eventually lead to a pair of puckered burn marks, the shape of an eye on each wrist. As she glances upwards, there is no missing her faded crimson eye, while the touches of a small smile indicate mistrust and uncertainty as she cautiously observes her surroundings. Pink, heart-shaped lips rest under a small nose and her cheeks are lightly dusted with freckles. An ugly scar runs under her left eye, starting at the outside edge and running down her cheek to the edge of her lips. Gold paint has been applied in vertical lines down her cheeks and the sides of the neck, and a central line of crimson to the length of her nose and chin, reaching the base of the neck.

(loosely sitting on the hips) : a brown leather weaponbelt
    (fitted at the waist) : a black cotton skirt
    (hugging tightly to her small frame) : soot hued bodice
    (strapped to her weaponbelt) : a gray leather hip quiver
    (hanging from her weaponbelt) : a black leather pouch
    (covering the bottom half of the face) : a black muffler scarf
    (slung over a shoulder) : a hunter's crossbow
    (worn tightly about the feet and calves) : a pair of gray wraps
    (covering the hands and forearms) : a pair of gray wraps

FyrrenPazradym
  • Oh, this is amazing work, @Sessizlik! I can't wait to see what you do with Xan! @Dakan makes a good point.

If you need a mental image, he's recently moved to Duiran and is working on his 'Discipline and Solidarity'. You could imagine him with a fairly awkward gait in his sandals, but managing to stand tall, his beard a bit outgrown as he struggles to smile OR him struggling to offer the Sentaari bow while only having use of his right hand/arm
    Fyrren
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    @Sessizlik just wanted to chime in and say Fyrren's picture is amazing.
    FyrrenPazradym
  • Sessy draws so well very jelly
    FyrrenSibattiPazradymKarhastVolkaSeir
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    You all have fantastic descriptions and that helps a lot. I am having a blast with all of this and every time I post a picture, I get nervous, cause it might notbe anywhere near what the player imagined. So far, seems like I've been doing well, but you never know. :blush:

Also, I promised myself not to draw last night, but the bf was playing on his computer, so I decided to play on mine. Almost finished with the outlines of @Fyrren's golem and that thing really is a mess. :D I love it!
    FyrrenEmelle
  • @Sessizlik Haha, I always love making ridiculous golems. My old one's room description was 'a hideous golem of flesh and fur', made from all sorts of body parts with a cap made from Bahkatu fur and its head was a dragon skull., legs were hind dragon legs.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    These are all so awesome. Plus, they give me perspective in what folks look like outside of my own headcanon.
    Sessizlik
    Golems are interesting things. Usually made out rock.. If you haven't guessed it, drawing rocks, the texture of rocks, is not easy. So I decided to put in a little extra umph into @Fyrren's golem, since it is made out of basalt. Basalt is full of tiny little holes, so that kept me occupied most of the night. I don't care if he doesn't like it as much as I do, I still think this is one of my best pics, just because of the texture!

PazradymEmelleFyrrenZailaVolkaZenobiaMarienaReux
  • @Sessizlik Damn... you got it all down again.... I need to work on some masterclass descriptions to throw at you, you virtuoso of Aetolian art.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    VolkaZenobiaSessizlik
    I got a bit dizzy towards the end (sleep meds were kicking in) but I actually enjoyed doing all those little holes. I remember watching a video of someone who is doing 3d art and he makes this pic of a tiny moon. To make the craters really pop he used white, so I wanted to give that a try and I think it worked out well!
    FyrrenZailaVolka
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    ...well Im not sleeping tonight. 
    This is amazing! It's so creepy and well defined and wonderful. I'll never be able to look at Fyrren's golem the same non-chalant way again, and thats a good thing.
    ZenobiaFyrrenAxius
    Wow, this one really had me stumped. The desc gave me all the information I needed, but I just couldn't wrap my head around how to approach a shark-dog. I tried black outlines first, but that just didn't turn out well with the fur, so I just used that on the non-furry parts and then drew the fur strand by strand in layers. I really hope it's good enough, @Xenia. It really was a struggle!

KelliaraXeniaPazradymBufordDidiFyrrenReux
  • I am 110% more scared of Whaleclaw now than I previously was.
    Fyrren
  • edited January 2017
    I can fix that for you, @Buford, hold on!

HERE WE GO. FEAR NOT!

Orginally sourced by @Tedrunai over in this thread here.

Apologies, @Sessizilik for the temporary de-railment. Whaleclaw pic is as awesome as all the rest!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    EmelleBufordXenia
  • goodness, I love it, thanks! I agree, whaleclaw is definitely hard to figure out that one. I blame Slyphe.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    @Draiman looks like he's about to grab the mic and start laying down a sick rhyme for all those slim shadys wishing they were the real slim shady.

...my interactions with him in other games and on the Discord server? This is highly appropriate. Great job @Sessizlik!
    ZailaDidiSessizlikFyrren
  • Axius said:

@Draiman looks like he's about to grab the mic and start laying down a sick rhyme for all those slim shadys wishing they were the real slim shady.

...my interactions with him in other games and on the Discord server? This is highly appropriate. Great job @Sessizlik!

Yeah, you better not forget about Drai.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmelleDakanXeniaAxiusSibatti
  • Draiman is squeeing like a girl he loves it so much.

SessizlikSibatti
  • Toz said:

Axius said:

Yeah, you better not forget about Drai.
    That's Dr. Drai to you.

HavenSibatti
    I love making people squee. :D
    KarhastFyrren
  • Wow. That's...I have no words.

Thank you. <3
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    FyrrenSessizlikVolka
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    That's my favorite one so far wow.
    PazradymBufordEmelleXeniaKelliara
  • edited January 2017
    those knuckle bruises
    <3

EmelleKelliaraZaila
    I am so glad you like it, @Kelliara! The knuckle bruises were my first attempt in doing anything remotely like that, but I think they turned out alright!
    KelliaraXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I love the shirt I want that shirt irl.
    ArbreXeniaZaila
  • That shirt can be purchased in the H&H: A steely shirt of raging snow (or something like that).

Sessizlik
    edited February 2017
    After a hectic week at work, ending with a big whisky convention this weekend with loads of sold goodies, I have finally finished the next picture on the list. I give you...

@Tenshyo!

FyrrenEmelleTeaniZailaPazradymEllianaSeirXeniaReux