Mafia: The Syssin Strike Back

Comments

• @Buford Saying 'Hey what were you doing last night right around the time Kelliara was taking back to back shots of arrows (haha geddit)' after they had a clear beef yesterday isn't as 'quick to jump on' as Teani calling for Lehar's hide or you for mine. I haven't voted for anyone to go to the gallows as of yet, you both seem to be out for blood immediately.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • You called Sibatti the "best lead" in your last post. While you may not have actually voted for her directly, you're calling suspicion her way - which is likely exactly what the mafia would want you to do.

I'm certainly not "out for blood", just making sure I've got a vote in (that's entirely subject to change with more convincing evidence if it shows up) so that I'm not contributing to yet another drawn-out round that ultimately ends in another free kill for the Syssin with 0 opposition.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I spent the larger part of yesterday having fingers pointed at me, and I can assure you I wouldn't want to hurt Kelliara. I called out a name from one of those she seemed to find suspicious. I could have picked a different one, but I picked this one.

• She is the best lead, and she's been mute since the murder. I'm trying to get information so that we can solve this mystery and get back to our lives. Singularities aren't going to study themselves.

I can respect your reasoning for casting a vote, even if I disagree with who it's on.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I won't spend too much effort thinking on the anonymous notes just yet, since there's no way to ascertain either. Things are still confusing enough without added puzzles. If one of the notes was real, great. If both were Syssin fakes, I'd imagine the intention behind that would be to try force the real Psychic to role-reveal to tell the truth.

I'm not decided on a vote yet. Kelliara suspected a bunch of people, but she had only the same facts available as the rest of us did at the time. Which didn't amount to much. Granted, there's very likely at least one Syssin, maybe more, that she nudged, to end up killed first.

l don't have time to think it over more properly right now, but I'll see if I can force myself into voting for someone after I return in 5 to 6 hours or so, to keep this day from being like the last, where we overthought ourselves to oblivion.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I am inclined to agree with @Buford at the moment. Killing Kelliara to try and cast suspicion on @Sibatti seems like a very obvious move by the Syssin, considering that of the four Kelliara named as suspicious, she was most vocally against Sibatti.

Regarding the two notes, even if one happens to be genuine, we can't rule out the chance that the investigation just happened to turn up the General. It seems statistically unlikely, but it's not impossible. That said, let's suppose for a moment that the first is real. Maybe @Xenia felt more comfortable being vocal and sowing discord to some extent knowing that she'd never be targeted by the Syssin at night, and also that she'd be safe from being detected. As for the second, I found it interesting that the author chose to emphasize the 'S' in the title. Could that be some sort of clue?
  • Well. Still rather limited information to go by. From the previous day's list of people who don't contribute, Sarita and Teani are now more active, but both Jami and Pazradym have remained silent. I'm not quite sure how to interpret this - it could be that Sarita or Teani are one of our syssin, talking more to avoid suspicion, or it could be that Jami and/or Pazradym are the syssin and continue trying to remain silent.

What complicates the issue further is that claim about Jami having been investigated. Obviously either that or the Xenia one is fake, but at this time there is no way to discern which. So best to consider Jami a probably-citizen, and instead:

VOTE: @Pazradym

Obviously it's more of a guess, but silent people contribute nothing, and we have no better leads to follow.

It's very confusing with people pulling in all directions, but I'm inclined to agree with Ilyon. He makes sense, even though he has some form of grudge towards me. Silent people are not helping. We got off to a running start, which is why I was silent in the beginning. I had yet to step out of my house.

UNVOTE: Lehar

VOTE: Pazradym

Still keeping my eyes on other people.

• Forgive me, I have been in mourning since finding Kelliara riddled in arrows and I am now out for blood. Yesterday I wished to start going after silent people. A note today says I was not investigated and instead Jami was, someone I voted for because they were silent.

Something that none of you have voiced as a realization but one that I caught onto immediately. I'll sit on that, but as @Ilyon says, quiet people give us nothing.

Vote: @Pazradym

• I don't gather how I'm still considered quiet, I said what logic I had used and voted early this round. I still think Lehar and Karhast are mighty suspicious but I'll go along with a vote because it's better than what we did the first round.
    UNVOTE:LEHAR

VOTE:PAZRADYM
  • Well, at least people are making a decision together now.  Can't  particularly say I like it, for obvious reasons, but glad there is a united front finally at least.  If my death can get the townsfolk rallied to make decisions together then so be it.  Still, wish it was a different target though.
    Not that it will probably matter but may as well throw my vote in the ring for the sake of posterity.  I think Kelliara was killed because she was on to something, so I'll name the last person she did.

VOTE: LEHAR 
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Huh, what @Xenia said didn't even occur to me. But I do think it's not worthwhile for us to place too much importance on the anonymous notes at least right now. We know one of the notes, or possibly both, have a Syssin agenda behind them.
  • Moving on, I feel alright with @Pazradym as the choice. I've not exactly made a secret that I think that the ones who've made it impossible to get a read on them are either Syssin or playing to their hands.

I do have one concern. No one has stepped in to defend him, yet at least, or come to offer alternate paths. That's something which Syssin might do to protect one another, unless they think it might implicate them. But, I also don't want to overthink it and risk that we lose another vote again. Either way, sorry, I'm going to wait just a little bit more - a couple hours at most. Then vote for someone.

What I'm waiting for is to see if @Karhast and @Sibatti have anything to say today - they've yet to pitch in.
    Xenia
  • I'm also waiting for Sibatti to say something - we're having the Syssin either try to frame her or them feeling threatened, and I want to hear her speak up.

Other than that, though.. I'm almost disappointed to not be held under suspicion anymore? You'd think that whomever looked at me the previous day would still be a little suspicious. Has the nightkill really thrown people off this much, or are we dealing with a lazy Syssin faction just jumping on easy targets?
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    all in all, I've been listening to the facts. After the current details that have been lain out.. I'm not so sure about some of this stuff anymore. I'm still rather mistrustful of @Karhast from yesterday, I think my biggest focus at the moment is what @Pazradym just said. That leaves me to believe he might be the drunk. In favor of this fact I'm going to consider and vote not for him, but for @Jami, since that note -is- suspicious, and what @Xenia says makes some measure of sense.

Vote: @Jami
  • @Karhast, it's not too weird people changed their minds on you. While we can try to apply some method to madness on the first day, at the core of things it was always going to be about throwing darts blind and hoping we hit.

So, on to voting. I'm gone for a little while after this, so I hoped to be more sure, but might as well hope for flying pigs. But we can't afford another no-lynch. I'm not really convinced on the case against @Lehar or @Emir - that's not to say I think they're in the clear and innocent, but they've been involved and active the entirety of the time, and @Kelliara's suspicions are the only real weight I see on them right now. @Pazradym, however, has not given almost anything to read him by.

• I've been trying to wait it out to give people a chance to contribute more, but I think the lack of a response by some people is very key. Hopefully we're not off the mark here by going with this option.

• Apparently people have been put off by my silence and for that I apologize profusely.  But I tend to only speak up when I have something relevant to offer. I don't like slinging names around for no reason, especially when I have so little to go on at this point.

I will say that I am none of the things anyone has accused me of.  I, in turn, realize that there is no true way for me to prove this to you short of my death and will not begrudge you any of you not taking this statement as sufficient proof.

I will say only this, it is my belief that Kelliara was in fact killed first for a reason and the only I can think of is the she had spoken some truth that had irked our mysterious murderers. If I am to die now I hope it will be with having some point made as to my beliefs in the matter.  I leave my vote as is.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Well, this is going very fast. We could wait for @Sibatti to chime in, but honestly, I'd be surprised at this point if she were to do much more than claim innocence. Who wouldn't in her shoes, this early on?

I'm sorry, @Pazradym, but you are right in saying that only your death will prove who or what you truly are. In turn, I will add that I think your death will benefit the town by providing us information on potential Syssin based on who voted which way. If you truly are as innocent as you claim, then statistically speaking, I think we can conclude that at least one or two Syssin used the opportunity to kill off a civilian by day, and we need more than we need another no lynch round.

Vote: Pazradym
  • Why would you hammer someone before such a key person posts? Why? Emelle hasn't even started with her threats of get on with it yet. Whyyyyy.
    Emir
    I hope that wasn't directed at me since I said right in my post that I already thought I knew what she might say. I can't think of much else that would change my mind, honestly. She doesn't seem to be in any danger right now, so she can discuss any theories she might have at night if she doesn't make it here during the day.
  • I'll remove that hammer. 

unvote: pazZy

• SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    The second "pSychic" note feels disingenuous. I'm going to go with VOTE: @Jami as it doesn't make a ton of sense for the psychic to investigate Jami first, when there are so many other players that have been more questionable.
  • Any word on why you think Kelliara might have been the one to get lynched, Sibatti?
  • I personally think both notes are disingenuous and bogus, but it's funny how you stay quiet all this time after you were pointed out as suspicious by Kelliara, only to come back and ignore any talk about concerns of you and then you point the finger elsewhere
    This is all just getting downright confusing. It does feel like Sibatti is tries to ignore what everyone has been waiting for her to respond to. At the same time I sort of agree with her on the investigation thing. Jami was extremely quiet yesterday. Why not pick someone else? 

Forgot to add

UNVOTE Pazradym 

• Can we get a tally of standings? 

Pazradym
  • Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of lynching people just for being quiet (preferring at least some semblance of logic) it's almost at this point worth it to start, if only to keep this game from prematurely ending. It's started to fizzle out since, and that's fun for nobody.

My suspicions are still highly on Karhast, but Sibatti has been hardly making a peep the whole game, and kind of deflected some thoughts that were sent her way questioning things. If Sibatti is a citizen, my vote for Karhast will certainly be returning next round.

UNVOTE: Karhast
    VOTE: Sibatti
  • @Xenia, until Emelle gives you her official count, here's what I just got when trying to figure out who voted who in what order. But I did so in a hurry, but I think it's mostly accurate.

Lehar: 1 (Pazradym)
    Pazradym: 5 (Ilyon, Jami, Valingar, Lehar, Sarita)
    Jami: 2 (Axius, Sibatti)
    Sibatti: 1 (Bufford)
    Nonvoters: 4 (Xenia, Teani, Karhast, Emir)
    Total 13 voters.