Cabalists

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
edited January 2017 in Aetolia Development
I entered the guild and city meeting process with the intention of doing whatever it took to avoid closing any guilds. Unfortunately, the situation in the Cabalist guild was more dire than I realized. Despite the sincere efforts of the guild's leaders, there is not a feasible path forward for them to regrow their membership and recover. Over the last week or so, I've worked together with the guild's leaders to transition their roleplay and assets into a non-guild structure so that we don't lose the rich history of the Cabal. There's a clear place for the amazing roleplay they bring to the table in Spinesreach, but the guild itself has closed its doors. The class will still be freely available to Spireans and I'll be restoring it to the introduction soon.

I cannot overstate my appreciation for @Eleanor and @Akaryuterra in this process. They've been extremely honest with me, forthcoming with their desires for the future, and willing to work together on a solution that hurts the least. They have truly made the best of a difficult situation, and helped me feel confident in an impossible decision.

I do not intend to leave Spinesreach short a guild. As we work on the Cabalist revamp, I will be monitoring the communities of influence within the city. If enough like-minded people come together, I will present a guild concept with the offer of formation. It would be a relatively clean slate in terms of lore, role, and leadership, but it would be the home for the revamped Cabalist class.

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.
PazradymRhoynnRunasLeanaIgnotumEmelle

Comments

• RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    ....Okay. *Deep Breath* I'm not Elea or Akary. Didn't join the Cabal day one and been there forever. I found it in a different way, going roundabout to find a place I felt fit me, and all that I wanted to achieve in this game. The (VERY VERY VERY) small community there is full of intelligent, independent, but supportive folks. I've been able to let my freak flag fly, so to speak, in absolutely no small part due to @Eleanor and @Akaryuterra.

So I'm going to say that I trust the two of them, and hopefully, this new administration, in the choice that was made. It is my hope, however, that the input of those outside in the insular leadership of the game will have weight in what is to come of the Cabal, @Oleis. We've got a lot of fairly new(ish) faces, myself included, who have wonderful ideas, small- and large- scale.

I look forward to seeing what's to come.
    OleisFyrrenPazradymAxiusRunasLin
  • As a former long time Cabalist, I have a very very soft spot in my heart for the niche of roleplay the Cabal embodies, it really was the first organization in Aetolia where I felt I could be me, and have an excuse for it, so long as the effort was for knowledge, and of course....science!

@Eleanor and @Akaryuterra are impeccable roleplayers who offer a rich and diverse playing field of storytelling and lore which is consistent and unwavering. Their loyalties to Spinesreach and each other have shown for years the strength of their love for the Cabalists, and I am appreciative to have been part of that era through thick and thin, they put up with my character and his hijinx through dire times like a disapproving mother and father with an unruly teenage son who wanted to smoke under the bleachers and read the necronomicon to his shrine of Zac Efron in the endless void.

Overall, I know great things will come, but I want to use this soapboax to say I love you guys and what the Cabal represents and I am excited to see where it goes from here..

THE SRS BETTER BE A SOLID THING NOW...

That is all <3
    OleisKafarAkaryuterra
  • edited January 2017
    I'm really struggling to give my thoughts on this subject in a way that doesn't make me sound horrible and bitter.

So, I'll keep things short so as not to press my luck:

I'm hopeful about what the future might bring for the Cabal (in whatever form it takes both in the short and long-term) as well as on Spinesreach as a whole, and that support will be given as needed to help stop things from scattering and falling to pieces.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    XeniaFyrrenRunasMegiddo
  • edited January 2017
    Kelliara said:

I'm really struggling to give my thoughts on this subject in a way that doesn't make me sound horrible and bitter.

Given that this has now happened to you twice I think you're allowed to be a bit bitter.

Having a hard time sorting my thoughts on this as a step for the health of the game out from my thoughts as someone who loved the Cabal and kinda resents that it was chosen for this. I can understand rationally why you took the guild out behind the chemical sheds and shot it, but at the same time this leaves the only real 'scholastic' guilds as elementalist mages with no history of the kind of careful and methodical RP that the Cabal produced. Nothing in the guild list now springs out as somewhere that I would be comfortable playing a morally grey, non-mage scientist character. I'm not personally very confident that whatever comes together from Spinesreach is going to recapture the uniqueness and perspective of the Cabalists and I think that's a loss for the game world.

This is probably just pessimism speaking, but I also really hope this happening isn't an indicator for guilds being 'dumbed down', for want of a better term, in pursuit of activity numbers.

Can you clarify what's going on with the SRS and the Cabalist assets? A few details are floating around but a concrete explanation would be nice.

EDIT: for context I played Yusri, who was Cabal GM for a short period and a member for a LONG period.
    LinAxiusRunasMegiddoTeaniXeniaEmelle
  • I feel you @Oleis could have came out with a better ending for the Cabalist to go out, rather than the tutor deciding he/she wasn't going to be the tutor no more. It would have been better roleplay, and maybe had a chance for people to do something about it. Regardless, the cabal had a important role in spinesreach especially the research part of the city. Though my Character is looked at as a newbie, I am far from it. I am deeply hurt because The Cabalist was my first guild when I heard about Aetolia. All I am saying could have had better roleplay...
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Megiddo said:
    I feel you @Oleis could have came out with a better ending for the Cabalist to go out, rather than the tutor deciding he/she wasn't going to be the tutor no more. It would have been better roleplay, and maybe had a chance for people to do something about it. Regardless, the cabal had a important role in spinesreach especially the research part of the city. Though my Character is looked at as a newbie, I am far from it. I am deeply hurt because The Cabalist was my first guild when I heard about Aetolia. All I am saying could have had better roleplay...
    I felt it was appropriate that the guilld's leaders decide how they wanted it to end. They suggested the course we took, and I gave them basically as much control as they wanted. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    FyrrenMegiddoTeaniLeanaRunasEmelle
  • If that's the case, then. It just sucks that it happened to the Cabalist. I hope they do something and group up to make a new guild of a sort
  • Megiddo said:

If that's the case, then. It just sucks that it happened to the Cabalist. I hope they do something and group up to make a new guild of a sort

I think that's the plan that was stated. Revamp and then new guild.
    Avatar of Fyrren drawn by the amazing Sessizlik.
    Teani
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    Oleis said:

If enough like-minded people come together, I will present a guild concept with the offer of formation. It would be a relatively clean slate in terms of lore, role, and leadership, but it would be the home for the revamped Cabalist class.

I didn't sleep. Not really. 5 hours, at most. I've been revving in overdrive, trying to think of things. Its what my brain does when its trying to find a solution to a problem that isn't so obviously solved. Maybe that's why I'm a Cabalist.

But the above lines kind of jumped out at me, and I've been gnawing over them. You've stated that the assets, NPCs, etc are turned over to us to preserve the legacy of the Cabal, and then state that you won't leave Spinsereach down a guild. And if (And when) you make this change, the new guild will be a 'clean' slate. How will you both preserve the (Extremely long, rich legacy of the Cabal) while also providing something new, and of a clean slate?

We were very singular in our nature. Kind of neutral in purpose- not inherently evil, or anything. But what made us stand apart was that we were scientists, who focused on the larger scale of planar defence. Not magicians, mystical shamans, empowered warriors. There was always a distinct notion that the Cabalist could do as much as the Cabalist -could- do, within mortal (Human) physical and mental limitations. It gave the work that I did, in the time I was there, a rich, very real quality to it. I was well aware of my character's limitations, as a person, and it kept me (And all of us, I firmly believe) from going 'OP' with the sheer possibility of what the Spheres presented.

I read this 'Revamp' as a kind of 'Get rid of Domination, retool Necromancy/give it a new coat of paint and name, and retool Numerology' type of thing. Could you please inform us, at large, what can be expected from this revamp, so we as a now-lost guild, and any new players who may wish to join our class and cause, can have an idea of what the basics of what we will be will look like?

Leana
  • I feel like I may be in the minority here when I publicly say that I think this was a good idea, flat out. For a long time, the Cabalists have been not just quiet but almost hidden from view of the player base - some may say "that's their thing", but so too could be said for the Syssin and they manage to have a very real grasp on how to be a visible guild that still engages and works with the world in this mindset. 

While I could go into other parts, I understand that Eleanor and Akaryuterra put in a lot of time and as much effort as they could to make it work and don't want to be inconsiderate of this fact. It takes a lot to stick beside something for so long. 

Maybe I'm enjoying the Oleis kool-aid too much for the time, but I have faith that he took as much consideration of the situation as he could and, while I'm sure people will have plenty of questions, it will turn out well.
    LeanaFyrrenRoxiIshin
  • Rhoynn said:

We were very singular in our nature. Kind of neutral in purpose- not inherently evil, or anything. But what made us stand apart was that we were scientists, who focused on the larger scale of planar defence. Not magicians, mystical shamans, empowered warriors. There was always a distinct notion that the Cabalist could do as much as the Cabalist -could- do, within mortal (Human) physical and mental limitations. It gave the work that I did, in the time I was there, a rich, very real quality to it. I was well aware of my character's limitations, as a person, and it kept me (And all of us, I firmly believe) from going 'OP' with the sheer possibility of what the Spheres presented.

I read this 'Revamp' as a kind of 'Get rid of Domination, retool Necromancy/give it a new coat of paint and name, and retool Numerology' type of thing. Could you please inform us, at large, what can be expected from this revamp, so we as a now-lost guild, and any new players who may wish to join our class and cause, can have an idea of what the basics of what we will be will look like?

The description of the guild you presented is pretty much why it suffered so much. This 'singular' attitude and neutrality does not make for good conflict and motivation. It also involves a lot of internal drama when there is this 'Secrets' and 'Private Research' where everyone is quite literally trying to be the biggest snowflake they can be and one-up the others around them. I can tell by the way you talk about it that the guild was more a personal event than a collective one and that is not the purpose of guilds.

Just so you know, there are lots more Cabalist users out there in the game who long since left the guild and practice in their own internal rp arcs within new, cohesive guilds. This revamp is not solely for the few who were dislodged from their guild. It's for the overall game at large and the betterment of it.

FyrrenMihaketiLinRhoynnRoxiXeniaRunasIshin
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    I'm not one to engage in Forum back-and-forths. So I won't. I'll simply state that no one, I felt, was trying to be a 'special snowflake' and that there's a derogatory nature associated with that term. If you'll note, I stated that what I loved most was how real, and taxing, the work of a Cabalist felt. Instead of being "We're all super-powered freaks" we each, in our own way, were encouraged and guided to be very cognizant scientists.

As to my inquiry about the Revamp, I ask for the sake of the guild it is tied to, that is now lost. I'm more than aware there are many Cabalist-users out there, but if Zealot were getting a Revamp, it would make sense for the Illuminai to want to know the details. As it does here, with the guild-now-clan this class belongs to.
    Leana
  • Rhoynn said:

As to my inquiry about the Revamp, I ask for the sake of the guild it is tied to, that is now lost. I'm more than aware there are many Cabalist-users out there, but if Zealot were getting a Revamp, it would make sense for the Illuminai to want to know the details. As it does here, with the guild-now-clan this class belongs to.

No, the class doesn't belong to your guild-now-clan. It belongs to everyone who happens to have it. That selfishness may hinder the Cabal (or what they'll be called next) rebirth. It's all about attitude. The harder you cling to the dying class and its faulty lore, the longer it will take for it to come around again.

FyrrenRhoynnRoxiXeniaRunas
  • edited January 2017
    Leana said:

It also involves a lot of internal drama when there is this 'Secrets' and 'Private Research' where everyone is quite literally trying to be the biggest snowflake they can be and one-up the others around them. I can tell by the way you talk about it that the guild was more a personal event than a collective one and that is not the purpose of guilds.

Leana said:

The harder you cling to the dying class and its faulty lore, the longer it will take for it to come around again.

There are not reasonable or civil things to say without evidence or explanation, and I really question what you're basing your judgements on because it doesn't match with my experience in the slightest. What was faulty about the lore? A lot of it was built by players to explain mechanical limitations and pave over odd disparities between how the skills were presented and how they behaved in truth. How was someone pursuing a personal interest as a scientist as """special snowflake""" (good lord I loathe that term)? The guild's focus on personal exploration and acting as a support structure rather than a vehicle for pursuing the game's conflicts is why it was unhealthy -as a guild-, but that doesn't somehow mean that anyone who enjoyed it isn't allowed to hope that some aspect of that survives the removal of the org without being labelled a snowflake.

Additionally, as far as I am aware you yourself left the Cabalists to pursue your own """special snowflake""" RP, so throwing people who you've never met under the bus because of your own bad blood with the old guild is probably not something you want to be doing in this thread.
    AkaryuterraLinAislingNozuziusRhoynnRoxiXavinXeniaRunasLeana
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited January 2017
    Toz said:

... Losing your guild sucks and hurts and you feel like all the work you did is gone. I wish all you Cabbages the best and hope where ever the SRS and the like winds up going, you keep trying to break reality in new and exciting ways.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. Regardless of someone's past experiences with the Cabalists, there's no denying that the Cabal was a guild that had a rich history in Aetolia. You had some of the biggest names in the past come from the guild and there's no denying that they were a distinct part of Spirean culture in game and formed a large backbone for the roleplay of its members. I mean, when I think about Cabalists, the first names that come to my mind are @Eleanor, @Akaryuterra, @Desian, Yusri (@Mihaketi), and more. @Eleanor and @Akaryuterra poured a ton of time and effort to help define the Cabalists as time went on.

Seriously, this sucks for them regardless of one's in-game stance or personal feelings on the guild as a whole. I can only hope that the revamp for the class comes swiftly and offers a chance to give the new guild an enticing and rich background as many of the previous Cabalists helped define before.
    AkaryuterraRhoynnXavinRunasXeniaLeana
  • edited January 2017
    Toz said:

This is another one of those times where certain people make an unicorns of themselves on the forums by posting about things they don't seem to know much/anything about, and by demonstrating an impressive lack of empathy and/or manners. Losing your guild sucks and hurts and you feel like all the work you did is gone. I wish all you Cabbages the best and hope where ever the SRS and the like winds up going, you keep trying to break reality in new and exciting ways.

Because I can't agree enough and on top of that it's people who are not even in the guild or playing characters on the shadow side just shitting on the player base of those guilds. Going on and on, disagreeing with posts and being shits about the whole thing.

Edit:
    Such a negative attitude towards the displaced players, it's disgusting.

XavinRunasFezzixLeanaLinJensenTeani
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Could someone elaborate more on the guild's problems? I always thought the Cabal had a strong premise behind it.

Maybe I'm misremembering the lore but I always thought the Indorani were the gypsy/voodoo backwards cousin of the cabal. The Cabal stood out to me as that scientific scholar community that went "rogue" (by real life standards). In their pursuit of immortality, knowledge and power - they "fell" by making pacts with demons and I saw them as this fringe group pushing the boundaries of life, the ether and cosmos. I always had a suspicion their experiments and tinkering and boundary pushing would be linked to the Shadow Mother and other wordly invasions like Kerrithrim and stuff.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I adored Knight rp at the time and the class's PvP capabilities were broken/gimmicky at the time, I'd probably have rolled a Cabbie instead of an Infernal all those years ago. So yeah - what was wrong with the guild concept exactly? Lol or was I way off the ball?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Leana
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I actually made a Cabal alt once, when I stopped playing Sessi for a while. I have always loved the idea of the Cabalists and thought it would be great to see where it would lead me. As it's been stated, they have a rich history, a LONG history, and have always (or at least for as long as I've played Aetolia), been known to be great RPers.

However, once I joined, I sortof stopped playing that alt quite quickly. There were no clear guidelines on what to do to progress. You had to come up with your own projects and rp through everything, instead of having set requirements to work on. This threw me off a bit and the reason I ended up not playing the alt was simply because I felt inadequate. @Akaryuterra and @Eleanor and all the other Cabals are just too damn awesome and talented. I felt I couldn't keep up, because I sometimes lack in grammar and I couldn't come up with any good ideas and it made me feel not smart enough. (Which is also the reason Sessi won't be able to join the Sciomancers, with their new awesome setup)

It's sad that not more awesome people joined the Cabal to make them the great guild they could've been. However, I am curious about the new guild that might come and I hope and pray that it's not a combat oriented guild, since the game need more places for someone like Sessi to be a part of. There needs to be a place for us noncoms, the crafters, the bookies. People who like to research, but not necessarily be a mage. (I hate crystals..)

In short, Akary and Eleanor are awesome and I love their talent in almost everything they do. And I am curious about the coming (hopefully noncom oriented) guild.
    XeniaRunasFyrrenXavinLeanaSeirVolka
  • edited January 2017
    I'm honestly taken aback. The lore had a solid place in Spinesreach, but that's not enough to save the guild? Was there really nothing that could have been done? When the Sentinels hit their low point last year, the admin took it over for a while instead of deleting them. There have been multiple guilds in the past with only one or two active members, so why the Cabalists, and why now?

The way it was done also raises a concern with me. Eocik said "Numerology is bad for the world" and then the guild was disbanded. If my lore is right, then the Shadow element is also "bad for the world," but the Sciomancers wield it anyway. I've always been inclined to believe that Spinesreach pursues "forbidden" or "dangerous" knowledge knowing full well what the implications are, but they do it anyway. With the disbanding of the Cabal for this very reason, have I just been wrong this whole time? Does this mean the Sciomancers could be in danger, too?

I've always been reluctant to accept that "nothing can be done" in matters like this. More was done to save the Syssin after the Syndicate dissolved, and more was done to set the Sentinels straight as recent as last year. If the lore has a definite place in Spinesreach, then what was really the problem?

EDIT: Everything I've read so far is something that I think could have been fixed without blowing up the guild.
    LeanaHavenMegiddoTeaniIshin
  • edited January 2017
    Mihaketi said:

Leana said:

It also involves a lot of internal drama when there is this 'Secrets' and 'Private Research' where everyone is quite literally trying to be the biggest snowflake they can be and one-up the others around them. I can tell by the way you talk about it that the guild was more a personal event than a collective one and that is not the purpose of guilds.

Leana said:

The harder you cling to the dying class and its faulty lore, the longer it will take for it to come around again.

There are not reasonable or civil things to say without evidence or explanation, and I really question what you're basing your judgements on because it doesn't match with my experience in the slightest. What was faulty about the lore? A lot of it was built by players to explain mechanical limitations and pave over odd disparities between how the skills were presented and how they behaved in truth. How was someone pursuing a personal interest as a scientist as """special snowflake""" (good lord I loathe that term)? The guild's focus on personal exploration and acting as a support structure rather than a vehicle for pursuing the game's conflicts is why it was unhealthy -as a guild-, but that doesn't somehow mean that anyone who enjoyed it isn't allowed to hope that some aspect of that survives the removal of the org without being labelled a snowflake.

Additionally, as far as I am aware you yourself left the Cabalists to pursue your own """special snowflake""" RP, so throwing people who you've never met under the bus because of your own bad blood with the old guild is probably not something you want to be doing in this thread.
    Everyone disagreeing with my post is fine to do so, as that's their opinion. I base my judgements on firsthand experience (on this character and alts) and from conversations with former Cabalist members. The lore was faulty because it focused solely on secrets and isolation, which is unhealthy for a social organization. There are other reasons associated with it, but if you want my full lecture on that we can take it to private message.

You (@mihaketi) do not get to put words in my mouth (or in post) with your continued used of 'Special Snowflake'. I didn't say that, @Rhoynn did. My line is quoted right above, 'Biggest snowflake' and it wasn't in quotes or said in insult or as any direct focus of that sentence. If you took it in a negative way, then you need to recheck your internal emotions because that was not my intent. The guild was structured like how I described, during the time I was in it and the few alts I tried to create and be part of it. There was little if any communication and I was basically told to start a project and maybe someone would join in. I was encouraged to be the most interesting researcher (hence the biggest snowflake comment) so I would attract others to it. Most of those alts are suicided now, because I didn't find purpose to stay. I also still use the class on my shadow-aligned alt.

A guild/org being destroyed has happened before and the people who cling to it so strongly that they can't move on, quit the game. So stop doing that for your own good. It does hinder the class' evolution, with example given to how long people clung to the Priests and Infernal/Paladin skillsets.

If you are going to post angry, think and reread it first. I have the unpopular opinion, but it is my opinion and not something for you to twist to make me seem like a monster. The guild had issues for real life YEARS and no one did anything to improve it. I was replying to a specific person who seemed to come off a bit possessive. He's not the only one hurt by this turn of events.

EDIT: I also don't understand why it couldn't be saved. We don't have the details, so to outsiders it feels like nothing was tried. A world event, a simple retooling of the flavor of the skills (like Indorani got with bonedagger), a new GM, and a bit of divine guidance towards a goal they can sink their teeth into and the guild would be swimming in numbers. Did the guild even get an RP sendout, like an NPC contemplated a complex prime and just detonated the guildhall? (Like good ole suicide mouse that blew up old Ashtan? And Alien-Drek nukes that blew up Ashtan a second time?)

• @Leana: Your consistent ad hominem and veiled attacks on people in this thread and the guild are pretty gross. I feel like you didn't read the disagreements with you in detail, or at least aren't willing to address what was said or asked without being unpleasant, so I'm going to respectfully decline to comment further and express a final hope that the admin keep the concerns raised here in mind going forward.
    XeniaRunasLinMegiddo
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I think the important thing here is to focus on the Cabalists rather than the attacks against others. This is an important thread, as this is potentially something that can grow as a solution by the administration to guilds beyond just the Cabalists. For the sake of discussion, let us all please not turn this caustic and get the thread closed. I'm not pointing out anyone in particular, but emotions are obviously going to be high on this subject (and understandably so), so let's just focus on the issue at hand rather than attacking others.
    LeanaSatomiXavinFyrren
  • edited January 2017
    Adding to what @Fezzix said, I remember a time when Grimdale and myself were the only active Carnifex. (It was during a period when Moirean was temp-banned) and he and I were basically trying to throw the ball back and forth of who should be Guildmaster.

I'm like most people, I have no idea what was happening in the Cabalist. Never really RP'd with Cabbie people, and did my own snowflakey thing, but hey.. if this leads to a Cabbie revamp and the ability to just remake the guild in your own image, do that. You can still have all the old Cabbie stuff, just augmented with the new stuff, right?

Edit: @Seir 'member when Carnifex were being forced into Bloodloch and it got emotionally caustic? (Sorry, couldn't help it, 'member berries) I agree wholeheartedly with that post!

LeanaMegiddo
  • @Akaryuterra The Wheel turns. :( Thank you for that post, it puts a lot into context.
    Fyrren
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks for the insight @Akaryuterra.

While ICly Kelli was partially disengaged from the Cabalist goings on, I (and she) appreciate you and @Eleanor taking us in and putting up with her moodiness and general unpleasantness to be around and/or work with, and it's with deepest regrets that farewell is bidden to the weird, quirky, and fun place you guys made for your Guildmembers. Your hard work certainly hasn't gone unnoticed.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

And onward to new glories, hopefully.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    AkaryuterraMihaketiRunasAxiusFezzixEmelleRhoynn
  • edited January 2017
    I didn't try to troll anyone or be abusive. I'm sorry. I really loved the Cabalist guild and skills and I was extremely bitter about it suddenly being gone. I lashed out at @Rhoynn and @mahaketi more than I intended to. I'm like a lot of Aetolia players and have other characters, so it's not Leana specifically that was harmed, though that was the class I mained when I was on the shadow side. I'm going to just back off, especially since @akaryuterra gave us a good overview of everything and now I have a better understanding of their choices. I still don't agree, but maybe something better will come out of it.

Edit: I hit spacebar by mistake and it auto posted.

AkaryuterraFyrrenXenia
  • edited January 2017
    I want to first offer condolences on the loss of another great guild - to @Eleanor and @Akaryuterra especially. I know how much it meant to you, having lost my own guild - and now, my second home guild. As Kaetriela, I really enjoyed the rich lore the guild had built up over the years and I saw, and even experienced in some small part, how hard these last few years have been in keeping it alive and invigored. I know this was in no way due to a lack of trying.

I am glad that the end went smoothly and was properly carried out. That it was suitable for such a great asset to the game and I will look forward to what the future means for the Cabal as individuals, and what comes of it's legacy in the form of something new. I hope the displacement is gentler to all of you than what I've known. So many players have many good memories from their time apart of it. Myself included. 
    AkaryuterraHavenMihaketiRunasXenia
  • edited February 2017
    Seir said:
    ... Losing your guild sucks and hurts and you feel like all the work you did is gone. I wish all you Cabbages the best and hope where ever the SRS and the like winds up going, you keep trying to break reality in new and exciting ways.
    Agree with this wholeheartedly. Regardless of someone's past experiences with the Cabalists, there's no denying that the Cabal was a guild that had a rich history in Aetolia. You had some of the biggest names in the past come from the guild and there's no denying that they were a distinct part of Spirean culture in game and formed a large backbone for the roleplay of its members. I mean, when I think about Cabalists, the first names that come to my mind are @Eleanor, @Akaryuterra, @Desian, Yusri (@Mihaketi), and more. @Eleanor and @Akaryuterra poured a ton of time and effort to help define the Cabalists as time went on. Seriously, this sucks for them regardless of one's in-game stance or personal feelings on the guild as a whole. I can only hope that the revamp for the class comes swiftly and offers a chance to give the new guild an enticing and rich background as many of the previous Cabalists helped define before.
    Desian was never a Cabalist (he can't count >.>) but he was Indorani!

That being said, I feel the loss of the Cabal since it was the guild that has anchored me into playing Aetolia. I loved the rich history and the drama that it had undergone through the years. Numerology especially was a skillset that enabled me to have fun making wild theories and cults around the numbers (Jherza, etc.) It's still my favourite class to use even though you can multiclass now.

The newer path roles of being Spinesreach's scholars and scientists under Eleanor, Akaryuterra and Aarbrok can actually quite interesting (crazy scientists hoping to create successful, ridiculous experiments) but it feels a little sanitised and difficult for people to get into the concept, if they don't actually have anything real or physical to show in all experiments carried out... to me at least.

I know what the struggle is like trying to inject new life and direction into flagging organizations, so I really must thank and praise @Eleanor and @Akaryuterra for going the distance and putting every effort into creating a space for different personalities. Can't wait to hear the new iteration of Cabalists!
    SeirAxiusFyrrenRunasDidi