Mafia: Endings in Esterport

1235»

Comments

• The end of the night was rapidly approaching, the first rays of dawn's light beginning to show themselves.

Ilyon was on his way home; it goes without saying that it's hard to get a decent rest at night these days, so he elected to sleep in after keeping guard. Unfortunately, his return home was cut off by none other than Abhorash himself.

The Consanguine sneered, and fueled by the fury of the recent losses his Dominion had faced, launched into a frothing attack upon Ilyon.

The attack of course was for naught, thanks to the angelic barrier that rippled over his skin. Realizing he'd been saved for the night, he high-tailed it out of Abhorash's sight to barricade himself into his home, hoping that the morning sun would prove too much for Abhorash to continue the attack.

The Dominion attempted to kill Ilyon.
    He was protected by the Illuminai.

It is now DAY 5.

There is 1 member of the Dominion alive.
    Abhorash is alive.
    The Sentaari is alive.
    The Illuminai is alive.
    The Syssin is alive.
    1 Citizen remains.

Since we didn't have a loss, we'll still be needing 4 votes to lynch.
  • Well then, the wind certainly is blowing and not in the Dominoin's direction. Let us not waste anymore time, we know who needs to die.

Vote: Teani

• I've been saying that since day two!

VOTE: Teani

XeniaEmir
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    *After breaking off the last board from her previously barricaded house, Teani steps out into the street only to be confronted by Xenia's accusing finger pointing straight at her. Too stunned to do anything, she simply remains where she is. "Uuh... oops?" she says, trying to hide behind the very small piece of wood still in her hand.*

PazradymXeniaEmelle
  • edited January 2017
    I really don't have anything to say at this point...

VOTE: TEANI
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Recap:
    Xenia voted for Teani
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Teani got stunned holding wood
    Emelle voted for Teani
    Kelliara voted for Teani

Teani was quickly backed into a corner by what some might consider a harem plus Ilyon, though despite the way it looked, they were certainly focused only on blood.

She stood there, stunned, while the crowd descended upon her. It took only a few direct blows to render her motionless, thanks to her absolute lack of fighting back. A murky black mist hovered slowly upwards from her body as it stopped moving.

Teani has been lynched. She was a member of the Dominion.

It is now NIGHT 5.

There are 0 members of the Dominion remaining.
    Abhorash is alive.
    The Sentaari is alive.
    The Illuminai is alive.
    The Syssin is alive.
    1 Citizen remains.

Night roles, please send me your actions!
    EmelleTeani
  • Abhorash was alone now, weakened without the support of his Dominion.

He stood just off the side of the road, watching for a citizen to walk by; it'd been a while since he'd fed, and the bloodrage was starting to slowly show its telltale signs.

Emelle was the first to walk within sight of the Consanguine, and without hesitation he lurched out of his hiding space to ambush her. What he certainly didn't anticipate was the angelic barrier covering her skin that rendered his attacks inert.

Abhorash tried to kill Emelle last night.
    She was protected by the Illuminai.

It is now DAY 6.

There are 0 members of the Dominion remaining.
    Abhorash is alive.
    The Sentaari is alive.
    The Illuminai is alive.
    The Syssin is alive.
    1 Citizen remains.

There are 3 votes needed to lynch.
  • My job here is done.

VOTE: Jami

• edited January 2017
    Jami, or perhaps I should say Abhorash, you and your progeny received the same chance for peace in the wake of the war as everyone else, but your greed drove you to break it.

It is fitting, then, that the very same greed has lead you to reveal your identity and doomed you, and thus allowed for peace to be restored.

The time for deception is done.

I am NOT the Syssin refugee... I am Sentaari.

VOTE: JAMI
    Emelle
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • Recap:
    Emelle voted for Jami
    Xenia voted for Jami
    Kelliara voted for Jami

Jami (3): Emelle, Xenia, Kelliara

The remaining citizens sat about gleefully, each in turn revealing their precious roles like the main characters of a villainous plot. They certainly weren't the villains though - that position was reserved for Jami.

With a low growl she shed her masquerade, revealing herself as Abhorash.

She launched forward into an assault on the remaining citizenry, and though it was an exhausting battle, together they were able to destroy her once and for all.

It was done. Esterport belonged to the citizens.

Jami has been lynched by the town.
    She was Abhorash.

!! THE CITIZENS AND THE SYSSIN HAVE WON THE GAME !!

Congratulations to the citizens:

@Leana
    @Pazradym
    @Kerryn
    @Ilyon
    @Kelliara
    @Xenia
    @Emir

And to our Syssin, @Emelle.

Recap coming in the next post!
    KelliaraEmelleXeniaPazradym
  • edited January 2017
    GAME RECAP

1. Emelle - Syssin
    2. Leana - Civilian - Dead Day 1
    3. Pazradym - Civilian - Dead Night 2
    4. Karhast - Dominion - Dead Day 3
    5. Teani - Dominion - Dead Day 5
    6. Kerryn - Civilian - Dead Night 3
    7. Jami - Abhorash - Dead Day 6
    8. Ilyon - Civilian
    9. Arbre - Dominion - Dead Day 4
    10. Kelliara - Sentaari
    11. Xenia - Illuminai
    12. Emir - Civilian - Dead Day 2

DAY 1:

Kerryn (3): Emelle, Teani, Emir
    Kelliara (1): Kerryn
    Xenia (1): Karhast
    Emelle (1): Arbre, Xenia
    Teani (1): Ilyon

Leana decided to kill herself. Leana was a citizen.

NIGHT 1:

Illuminai (Xenia) protected Xenia.
    Sentaari (Kelliara) checked the status of Kerryn - Civilian result.

Mafia decides to kill Xenia - it fails, due to her protected status!

DAY 2:

Emelle (1): Teani
    Kerryn (1): Kelliara
    Kelliara (1): Karhast
    Teani (1): Emir
    Emir (6): Ilyon, Arbre, Emelle, Pazradym, Xenia, Kerryn

Emir was lynched by the crowd. He was a citizen.

NIGHT 2:

Emelle (Syssin) phased to protect herself. (1 phase remaining)
    Xenia (Illuminai) chose to protect Kelliara (Sentaari)
    Kelliara (Sentaari) chose to investigate Karhast (Dominion)

Mafia chose to kill Pazradym. He was a citizen.

DAY 3

Ilyon voted for Teani
    Emelle voted for Karhast
    Xenia voted for Karhast
    Teani voted for Emelle
    Jami voted for Karhast
    Teani changed her vote to Karhast
    Ilyon changed his vote to Karhast
    Arbre voted for Karhast

Karhast (6): Emelle, Xenia, Jami, Teani, Ilyon, Arbre

Karhast was lynched. He was a member of the Dominion.

NIGHT 3

Emelle (Syssin) phased to protect herself (0 phases remaining)
    Kelliara (Sentaari) chose to investigate Arbre (Dominion)
    Xenia (Illuminai) chose to protect herself.

Mafia chose to kill Kerryn. She was a citizen.

DAY 4

Jami voted for Kelliara
    Kelliara voted for Xenia
    Jami changed her vote from Kelliara to nobody
    Xenia voted for Arbre
    Ilyon voted for Arbre
    Emelle voted for Arbre
    Kelliara changed her vote from Xenia to Arbre

Arbre (4): Xenia, Ilyon, Emelle, Kelliara

Arbre was lynched by the town. She was a member of the Dominion.

NIGHT 4

Kelliara (Sentaari) investigated Teani (Dominion)
    Xenia (Illuminai) chose to protect Ilyon (Citizen)

Mafia chose to kill Ilyon. It failed due to his protected status!

DAY 5

Xenia voted for Teani
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Emelle voted for Teani
    Kelliara voted for Teani

Teani has been lynched by the town. She was a member of the Dominion.

NIGHT 5

Xenia (Illuminai) chose to protect Emelle (Syssin)
    Kelliara (Sentaari) chose to investigate Jami (Citizen result)

Mafia chose to kill Emelle. It failed due to her protected status.

DAY 6

Emelle voted for Jami
    Xenia voted for Jami
    Kelliara voted for Jami

Jami was lynched. She was Abhorash.

Great game everybody! I had a blast hosting, and hope you guys had fun playing!

Now somebody else host the next one so I can join in and play :)
  • Buford said:

Haha,

Thanks a million to everyone involved, it was great fun (though nerve-wracking at times).

Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be meditating on the bottom of a vodka bottle in the H&H2.
  • Smash that like button guys and gals, if you watched and were curious about what it was, now's the chance to join in!
  • Good game, thanks all.

EmelleXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I enjoyed watching!
  • Man, having a doctor who could protect themselves really did us in. It's basically being a confirmed townie and having nightkill immunity all at once. Very powerful ability to have.
  • That was a blast all around. I had fun just being a ghost and watching everything. Great plot twist at the end!
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Karhast said:

Man, having a doctor who could protect themselves really did us in. It's basically being a confirmed townie and having nightkill immunity all at once. Very powerful ability to have.

Powerful indeed, though I think it was mostly luck that actually exposed that initially.

The core group did some amazing scheming towards the end, and watching the mafia PM thread I got to see these traps and attempts at trickery hit the mark each time. Xenia actually only protected herself twice, though I do recall a night where she didn't where somebody mentioned trying for her that night but didn't.

Could have been a game changer there!
    EmelleAxiusXeniaPazradym
  • edited January 2017
    Karhast said:

Man, having a doctor who could protect themselves really did us in. It's basically being a confirmed townie and having nightkill immunity all at once. Very powerful ability to have.

I'm not sure if you play a lot of mafia or not, but I definitely play a lot on epicmafia and Town of Salem. In both it's standard for the doctor to heal themselves. I've found that the successful meta in this particular setup (1/4 < mafia and 3/4 > town) is to have a role claim right off the bat. The reason being when looking at the weights of power in the population, the lack of trust early on tends to doom the town. Throw in the wild card in the neutral party and there's even less of a chance for the town. More often than not I see the mafia win in the conditions we had in this game. In an attempt to bypass the trust issues and give the town a chance I was going to claim doctor Day 1, but the round got cut short with Leana quitting. It was all luck that the mafia did it for me.

On top of that, I actually only covered myself the first night because I had 0 information on who was who and then the third night because I was trying to bait out the mafia attack. Beyond that, I was open season the entire time!

What won the town this game was generating enough interest for the Syssin to team up with us and a carefully laid out plot to trick the Dominion that began on Day 2.

Pazradym
  • Yeaaaah. I was very close to headdesking when my living brethren didn't vote along with Kelliara there. Such a shame.

Self-targeting doctors though, I've only ever seen in games where scum also get a strongman along with them, one-shot or not. The combination of giving town a confirmed role that can then also be completely safe at night is just too strong. They can essentially pick targets in complete safety then.
  • Karhast said:

Yeaaaah. I was very close to headdesking when my living brethren didn't vote along with Kelliara there. Such a shame.

I'm not sure that it would have helped. I'd planned to change my vote at the eleventh hour anyway, once a few members of the Dominion had revealed themselves publicly by voting with me.

That said, I'd be interested to see some of the conversations between the Dominion as things progressed.
    Xenia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited January 2017
    Well, to be honest, I read Xenia's post before your vote, then I clocked out because RL stuff had my head spinning. Jami made a comment about something, but I hadn't read that far. You made your "Syssin" move while I was away and when I went back in to check the messages I saw that they had called for us to support it as we came around, only I didn't have time to switch thread and vote, so I waited until I got home. At that point, you had switched to Arbre and it was over. Hence my writing about the barricaded door. <.<