Revive at Foci

2»

Comments

• DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    I love how we CAN and DO CONSISTENTLY revive EACH and EVERY lifer that dies when out of hundreds upon hundreds of group fights, I've been revived in combat like three times.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    FyrrenRasaniSeirElliana
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Toz said:

Eliadon said:

Greenwind would also be nice.

Did you mean 'Lightform'?
    Nah, I mean Greenwind. I ain't one of dem fancy Illumination folks.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    When more of the top end darkie fighter people still played we almost never got revives in because either they used a corpse destruction kill (Which darkside has a LOT more of) or they picked them up.
  • Aishia said:

Yeah every time this comes ups it usually eventually shakes back down to. "Ah maybe it's not that unfair all things considered" Usually once the spirit answer question gets resolved everyone goes strangely quiet.

Not 'strangely quiet', asleep, due to it being Monday and I have work.

I still have issue with eyesigil and revive at foci.
    Rasani said:

It ABSOLUTELY has ground in this argument. When you guys have the potential to get back up in as little as... looks like 40 seconds? And our fastest one with arti is 80+ seconds? That's an imbalance too and, again, LIKELY WHY WE CAN REVIVE. If you want to ditch one, you gotta ditch the other, even if it's just during lesser foci.

During a battle, living can spam triggers to revive their fallen and win the battle. This -does- negate the respawn times. The vampire will have to wait for the rest of their non-vampire friends to come back, as even the fastest respawn of 20 seconds will be enough to wipe out a group with diminishing numbers. The respawn time in a group fight is as fast as whomever respawns last. This will always be an undead fighter (unless it's an all vampire group). During the battle, vampires will be at a disadvantage unless they do one of two things: Have Carnifex or be Carnifex, Have necromancers or be necromancers. While the living only need to have reached lvl 99 and selected 'Revive' for their raceskill choice.

If it wouldn't be too crazy, I would like to see all foci related death having a 120 time table(affected by spirit_anchor) and no revives. Just as an experiment. To see if it sways too heavily in one direction or the other with all factors equal. Then turning it back the way things were if it doesn't work out for both sides.

I still want to remove eye-sigils having ultimate power over vampires. It's demoralizing that a single piece of obsidian negates the major aspect of a vampire - they turn to mist on death rather than get forced into a respawn window.

I don't want an edge over the living and I would give up my super fast respawn if it meant fights felt more or less asymmetrical rather than an uphill battle. But, I'm just one person and this is just my opinion. There aren't enough vampires on the forums for some reason.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Think entomb is actually only like 20s with spirit anchor.
  • Aishia said:

Think entomb is actually only like 20s with spirit anchor.

Entomb is a class skill, not a vampire skill.
  • @Aoi If you think lifers are spamming revive then you're absolutely delusional lol Despite what seems to be the popular belief, we don't have a "designated reviver". People usually start to revive if they go "Shit, I'm close to being alone here" and they think they might have a shot at reviving someone to help. We don't waste manpower by having someone sit there and spam "get body" and "revive".
  • Rasani said:

@Aoi If you think lifers are spamming revive then you're absolutely delusional lol Despite what seems to be the popular belief, we don't have a "designated reviver". People usually start to revive if they go "unicorns, I'm close to being alone here" and they think they might have a shot at reviving someone to help. We don't waste manpower by having someone sit there and spam "get body" and "revive".

I would have appreciated keeping the insults to none, but that seems like it will not be possible. You are just one person and you are not at every battle. I am not 'Delusional'. I have witnessed people die and get revived before I could recover eq or bal. I would not waste my time on something I did not experience multiple times and could corroborate with others about. But, this is devolving it to a 'Lol' fest. Or our concerns are being dismissed outright.

Thankfully, a lot of useful information was shared by people like Valingar, Rhyot, and Keroc. Even though I disagreed with her entirely, Serrice did present some points I will have to incorporate.

@Oleis @Buford I'm sure the Admin are rusty and looking to practice, so could one of them close this thread? We'll return to this when classleads open again. I do not thing the thread will move into a healthy direction from here.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited January 2017
    Usually I snicker a little when someone suggests I close a thread, but this time I couldn't agree more.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aoi
This discussion has been closed.