Mafia: Endings in Esterport

edited January 2017 in OOC Chat
Welcome to Mafia: Endings in Esterport. Below is a recap of the rules - if you're new to the game, please take a fresh look at the rules below:

- Each round is divided into one day, and one night.
- During the day, everyone can talk and discuss among themselves. Voting also occurs during this time, and when a majority has been reached I'll announce the death.
- A successful lynch ends the day phase of the round.
- During the night you may post, but you may not vote.
- The night phase is over when all of the power characters have sent me a PM with what they want to do. If they don't respond in a timely manner, they'll lose the opportunity to do so for that round.
- You MAY NOT post screenshots/copy PMs to people to prove you're a certain role. Please don't spoil the fun.
- You may at any time send me a PM to have an anonymous message posted to the rest of the players.

Player roles have been chosen by random number generator. For the citizens to win, they must kill off both the Dominion, and Abhorash. For the Dominion and Abhorash to win, they must outnumber the civilians. For the Syssin to win, they must be the last player standing.

This post will have a running record of the currently-playing characters:

CURRENT ROSTER:
1. Emelle
2. Leana
3. Pazradym
4. Karhast
5. Teani
6. Kerryn
7. Jami
8. Ilyon
9. Arbre
10. Kelliara
11. Xenia
12. Emir

There are 3 members of the Dominion alive.
Abhorash is alive.
The Sentaari is alive.
The Illuminai is alive.
The Syssin is alive.
4 Citizens remain.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Roles have been handed out! If you did not receive a PM with a specific role in it, you are a Citizen.

------------------

It wasn't unusual to wake up to a bustling Esterport in the mornings. Work had to be done, barriers had to be reinforced, and prayers to the Gods were nearly a requirement. They'd stopped answering, lately. Ever since that attack. Was it shame in Their inability to protect those that worshipped them? Perhaps.

A garden had been repurposed as the prayer grounds, what with the Temple of the Gods now left in ruins. Spirit and Shadow alike worshipped here to their own Gods, usually without strife, save for the occasional grimace or grunt here and there.

Until this morning.

Upon waking and heading to the prayer garden, the citizens were confronted with the lifeless remains of the city's acting Security Minister. His body had been drained of blood entirely, and a gruesome "A" was carved deep into his exposed chest. Abhorash had chosen his first victim it seems.

The citizens gathered around the body in disbelief; it only took moments for the accusatory remarks and fingers of blame to be thrown around and pointed at those gathered.

So it begins.

---------------------

The game has BEGUN.

New players: This is the start of our first day round! In these rounds you will vote for somebody to kill off. You may choose to vote for NOBODY if you'd like, but remember, that simply lets the Dominion get a head start. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Everyone: When voting, since color config has been made harder to use, please put your vote in all caps on a new line so I can spot it, as such:

VOTE: OLEIS

It is Day 1.

There are 3 members of the Dominion alive.
    Abhorash is alive.
    The Sentaari is alive.
    The Illuminai is alive.
    The Syssin is alive.
    5 Citizens remain.

7 votes required to lynch!
  • Could we get some clarification on the way lynchings work, please?

Mostly I'd like to know:

- if a majority vote is reached, does night instantly begin, and can we still talk yet?

- if we can in fact still talk, is the lynchee at least required to fall silent?

Other than that.. Well, I'm looking forward to this. Good luck to all!
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited January 2017
    Gods alive -- well, assuming any of Them are still alive, that is... A sight like this is enough to make a gal lose her breakfast. And that's not to mention the blasphemy!

Last night I thought I heard a yell outside my shop, but when I went to look all I saw was shadows.
  • edited January 2017
    Sure!

As soon as the majority is reached, that person will be lynched and the night round will instantly begin. You can post at night, but no voting can occur at night.

The person that's been lynched will no longer be allowed to post, period! Until the end of the game for the recap, anyway.

EDIT: I'll also take this chance to highlight a certain rule that can be a game changer! Players can at any time PM me an anonymous message they'd like to have sent to the rest of the players. Feel free to use this as you will!
  • A murder most foul! And with so few of us left already. I fear I must have slept through the whole thing, for I did not hear anything until the commotion this morning.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Well, well, well.

Arbre
  • Ilyon said:
    Well, well, well.
    Indeed.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Well, I'm peering at Pazradym and Kelliara here, because both of them have an equal number of letters in their names as Abhorash, and I've always been skeptical of long, complicated names. The former, I daresay, has more uncommon letters in it, which makes me believe it is a cover for something. Maybe he got upset because the Security Minister couldn't pronounce his name properly? I don't know. Still quite suspicious to me.

Arbre
  • It's been asked, so I wanted to clarify: The Illuminai can shield any target of their choosing during the night round, including themselves.

This is the end of your regularly-scheduled transmission, return to the voting!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Equal number of letters and complicated names? Sounds like a Syssin conspiracy to me.
  • It cannot have been me, I was so deep into my cup at the Burly Chest last night that I could scarcely lift my head from the bar.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Madame I am offended! The only sin I am guilty of here is overly-creative parents and over sleeping! Which I will admit are grave sins, but are not murder!
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    What terrible news to wake up to! I don't believe Pazradym is capable of such a callous act as this, even if his name is nearly impossible to pronounce. I think it was Kelliara, everyone knows Spireans can hold their liquor and still function, it's like water to them.

VOTE: KELLIARA

• Vote: Xenia

Vote for a random quiet person, even if it's still early as fuck.
    I am, as a rule, wary of any person who is too quick to point a finger...

VOTE: KERRYN
  • edited January 2017
    Ilyon is the obvious choice, being that he's a vampire, but Abhorash is a clever one, he would expect us to realize that.

Clearly he is masquerading as Teani.

Or would he suspect that as well.

He who smelt it delt it, but it's a popular phrase. I'm willing to bet the big bad here realized that and decided to wait to cast blame second instead.

VOTE: KARHAST
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    My, we can't be divided already... If we can't reach some consensus, it will make us weaker in the long run.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Emelle is certainly out for blood. Makes me suspicious. Very suspicious.

VOTE: EMELLE
    Call it what you will, but the simple truth of the matter is that we stand together or we die. The latest invasion was proof of that. If we split up, they'll just pick us off one by one.
  • edited January 2017
    Have we not lost enough already? Our cities all but left to ruins. We, my fellow people, are all that remains of the strength and will of Sapience. Last night an innocent was lost, today we throw out wild accusations, endangering the lives of us all. We were thirteen, and now only twelve!There is evil among us, of this I have little doubt, but at what costs are we willing to go to flush it out?

I for one will not stand by and chance another valued member of this community being strung up at the mad whims of a mob.

Vote: NOBODY

Edit: I wanted to add commas cus grammar is difficult.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Kerryn, isn't such innocence something Abhorash would incite, making you think they are not capable of heinous crimes, while committing them deep in the shadows? Hrm... I'll keep my eye on you, mister Pazazazywhatever!

However, since Emelle is calling for people to stand together... perhaps I should oblige. Maybe Kerryn is trying to protect someone.

VOTE KERRYN

• Have you ever played mafia before at all, Xenia?
  • Breaking forum RP for @Karhast -- yes, now get off my back :p
    More seriously, if you want to have a discussion (or debate) on the noVote option, I'm happy to do so but I don't want to litter up this space on that.

• edited January 2017
    CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kelliara (2): Kerryn, Emelle
    Xenia (1): Karhast
    Karhast(1): Emir
    Emelle (1): Arbre
    Nobody (1): Xenia
    Kerryn (1): Teani

7 votes needed to lynch!
  • Emir said:

He who smelt it delt it, but it's a popular phrase. I'm willing to bet the big bad here realized that and decided to wait to cast blame second instead.

VOTE: KARHAST

Buford said:

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kelliara (2): Kerryn, Emelle
    Karhast(1): Emir
    Kerryn (1): Teani

7 votes needed to lynch!

@Buford, ftfy!

• Whoops! Updated the post. Nice catch!
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe @Emelle is voting for @Kerryn, rather than my good self.

This said, I do find it odd that Kerryn would jump so swiftly to @Pazradym's defense. Does she perhaps know something we don't?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Xenia said:

if you want to have a discussion (or debate) on the noVote option

Well, yeah. What do you hope to accomplish by this? Sit around and wait for everyone to drop dead? Pray the Illuminai and Sentaari somehow find each other without issue and pick out all the vampires one by one? Hope the Syssin kills off half the Dominion by themselves? Voting is the town's only strength, and we need to put it to use. Voting no lynch is a terrible move pretty much 9 times out of 10.
  • UPDATED FOR REAL (Sorry guys, long day here, this is not a continuing trend, promise):

Kerryn (2): Emelle, Teani
    Kelliara (1): Kerryn
    Karhast (1): Emir

Still 7 votes needed to lynch. That hasn't changed, at the very least.
  • Kerryn initiated the accusations, but I wonder if she truly believes Kelliara is the blood sucking fiend, or if she's just jealous that Kerryn is the inferior K name?

Next to accuse was Karhast, with no evidence. A shot in the dark. So scared of Abhorash that he'd risk the life of another blindly.

Emelle next, pointing her finger at Kerryn for starting the accusations before a proper investigation could begin. Shaky evidence, but better than Karhasts vote.

Then my vote for Karhast based on logic and reasoning. I still believe him to be the most likely candidate, HOWEVER,

Arbre was quick to use Emelle's reasoning for the towns survival against her.

Teani simply followed in line with Emelle, as if they were /orders/. You know who else gives orders? That's right, Abhorash.

But the most peculiar of all is Xenia. Opting for the most pacifist solution possible. That we wait and see. We simply wait for Abhorash to strike again and tomorrow, you'll just find someone else dead, and be no closer to stopping this abomination.

Xenia is either daft or Abhorash or his kind. I'm switching my vote to:

VOTE: KERRYN

to simply speed things along. And because I believe Kelliara to be a much superior 'K' name, but I believe we should all be wary of Xenia.