Aetolia: 2015, and beyond.

2»

Comments

• @Hadrak.

This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    AvishaiXeniaTeani
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Razmael said:

Hi folks,

As we head into a brand new year, I wanted to give you all a quick look at our major plans and ambitions for 2016. But first, I want to take a look back at 2015 and mention some of the bigger things that we accomplished throughout the year.

- Our background story involving the elder Albedos Gods will continue to progress, as tensions rise between the two Pantheons.

How awesome would it be with crusader order factions?

Am I right or what?

RiluoIrruel
  • @Hadrak Which river is that?
    imageimage
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    so I'm guessing we're looking forward to a pretty content hefty fall?
    DidiTrager
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Jensen said:

It seems to me your question was put forth with the hopes of obtaining more information about when new content will be released. Things sometimes get delayed (most revamps), or even postponed indefinitely/cancelled (such as new Ylem trees and the raid encounters), so I would personally not expect this fall to be exceptionally packed with new features. It'd be nice to be surprised, though.
    Alexina said:

Jensen said:

It seems to me your question was put forth with the hopes of obtaining more information about when new content will be released. Things sometimes get delayed (most revamps), or even postponed indefinitely/cancelled (such as new Ylem trees and the raid encounters), so I would personally not expect this fall to be exceptionally packed with new features. It'd be nice to be surprised, though.
    Moreso that the ideas promised aren't forgotten. A few people have told me they aren't very happy there's been no word on most of this.
  • edited September 2016
    With the changes made today to stuff, and @Keroc's comment about pre-emptive changes, is it too hopeful of me to ask if we could please get one teeny tiny little taste of something nifty that might be coming for Cabalists?

Or is it too soon still?

-Edit: Manners added. Bad Kelli.
    Didi
  • I don't mean to be ragey Draiman but can we get a god damned update of some sort please. I gave up my class leads for this shit.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

FezzixAtrapoemaNozuziusTeani
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    I'll have some details posted for you at the end of the month about our new neutral-faction class. Stay tuned!
    DraimanDidiDrestynXandrenKelliaraXenia
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

SaturnineDidiNia
  • <3@Razmael.

All the <3.
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    Hey it's November, what's going on in here?
  • I believe a good deal lack of shaving.
    Also lacking the Soon(tm).
  • edited December 2016
    FezzixKelliaraIraeXandrenNiaZaila
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Razmael said:

I'll have some details posted for you at the end of the month about our new neutral-faction class. Stay tuned!

Could you perhaps specify which month's end, by chance?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    edited November 2016
    I guess I was a little too subtle, but this http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2383/the-wastelands-of-albedos was a small teaser for the new class. Expect more info soon.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    :pensive:
    Jensen said:

so I'm guessing we're looking forward to a pretty content hefty fall winter?

MazarineZaila
    So about that war system, bashing overhaul, cabalist rework and other things on the docket.

I understand Aetolia is a business that runs on volunteers for a good majority of things, but there is and has always been a problem of over promising and under delivering.

I also know that there's not just one person on staff, either, but it feels like there still is at times.

The celebration of the stars was great! Who knows if that was factored into the timeline of this year. Is Spinesreach still waiting on rewards and arena games and stuff from it? I don't think I remember anything being given out except personal credit prizes.

As a customer who does pay for a membership and does buy credits or lesson packs, it is starting to feel like most of the content that gets released is in making new artifacts, mini pets, pets and other rewards from the paid promotions. I completely understand that there is a need to keep Aetolia making money, but if a good majority of the content that continues to come out is just pay to RNG prizes, I'll probably stop my membership.

Also, on the subject of credits, the gold market of Aetolia completely fucked up and making the change to the credit market has appeared to only make it worse, as I hardly ever see any credits being sold on it.

Perhaps a bit rambly, but I feel like some of these things need to be addressed as I know I'm not the only one with similar feelings. We don't want empty promises or huge releases of information - at least I don't. Just some sort of...updated timeline. It's November and a majority of the major things haven't even been teased. 
    ZailaErzsebetEmelleFaerah
  • Mazarine said:

The celebration of the stars was great! Who knows if that was factored into the timeline of this year. Is Spinesreach still waiting on rewards and arena games and stuff from it? I don't think I remember anything being given out except personal credit prizes.

We haven't been given the style scrolls or the new arena events yet, no.
    Mazarine said:

Also, on the subject of credits, the gold market of Aetolia completely unicorns up and making the change to the credit market has appeared to only make it worse, as I hardly ever see any credits being sold on it.

I agree completely. There is no such thing as an appealing gold sink in game anymore, and without a reason for people to want gold, they will not bother to sell credits over an in game market.

I understand cryptic chests being taken away as being bought with in game money, as the chance for an artifact was bad for business. Prizebags, however, are on the opposite end of the spectrum, with the promise of globes or relic pieces being so low that people aren't willing to risk the high price tag for a potentially low yield.

Herbs and venom sacs are so easy to obtain that curatives and venoms will never fetch a high price tag, so this leaves the only currently existing potential gold sink to be commodities, which are scarce but still relatively cheap.