Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The way some Aetolian families work out, having someone share an aunt/nephew relationship while also being cousins isn't exactly a huge stretch.
  • I suppose? These are actually not cousins, according to the bloodlines. Not really the point though. And either way, that kind of what-are-you-to-me confusion is not really uncommon in real life, and most people tend to group people by the closest applicable grouping even if it's not the most accurate. 'Hey Cuz' is much less wordy than 'hey second cousin twice removed' :p
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If the system gets too robust we won't have any excuse for accidentally making out with our cousins anymore.
    NiaEmelleApianoraZailaSaturnineXeniaArbreNola
  • "Accidentally". I really don't feel like there is any "accident" when you commit to that kind of RP.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    No commitments.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited November 2016
    @Zsadist: This comes to mind, for some reason...
    i.imgur.com/Q2RZ1VI.gifv

Edit: don't know how to embed. :(

Zaila
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm not sure why this bloodline thing would matter enough to be any kind of annoyance to anyone... I genuinely don't understand.

I guess if we have a toy it might as well work properly but even then I'm still unsure of it's relevance to Aetolian life? I've been out of the game for a while so maybe I'm missing something.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Don't know about other people, but I routinely forget who people are and how they're related to me. Especially on characters with extensive families. I don't know about you, but I generally don't forget the names of my siblings and I personally have 9 of them. I've never even met one of them and I still know her name. That's mostly what I use the bloodlines for--stuff I would remember and sorting out which familiar titles to use when I already know the person and have forgotten the relation, mostly.
    imageimage
    HavenOisynne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Haven, some people reference relations more than others. When you interact with multiple such people and all their relations are confusing, it becomes a bit tedious to keep track of who they're talking about. Example (not a real conversation I've had, but it showcases the problem):
    A says, "Oh, I was so upset with my brother last week. He's been such a bother lately, especially with how he treats my grandmother. Oh, by the way, I told my nephew to come see you about a commission. Apparently he wanted something for that event my mom was planning."

And now you're stuck trying to figure out who is who, because none of the people mentioned are in any form of records, and last week you spoke to someone else, who had a similarly diffuse family without records, and names have somehow gotten confused. Who is it I'm meeting for a commission? Am I rude for not remembering for the umpteenth time the name of said poorly treated grandmother?

ErzsebetXandrenHavenNola
  • Erzsebet said:

Don't know about other people, but I routinely forget who people are and how they're related to me. Especially on characters with extensive families. I don't know about you, but I generally don't forget the names of my siblings and I personally have 9 of them. I've never even met one of them and I still know her name. That's mostly what I use the bloodlines for--stuff I would remember and sorting out which familiar titles to use when I already know the person and have forgotten the relation, mostly.

I mean there's always Notepad.
    XandrenErzsebetHavenTragerNola

• That reminds me of when I first started playing Aetolia, and I still have really old pages of paper somewhere with tons of incomprehensible notes about family trees and guild requirements.
    TenshyoDidi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Better to just be confused about everything! Is Mazzion really my dad? DO THEY TRULY WALK AMONG US!? WHAT DID THE BLIND MAN SEE???
    H̸̪̹̲͖̫̤̜̪̻̺̆̑ͤͦͨͥ̔̓̎ͣͦͫ͒͐ͬͭ͡E̵̘̳͈̙̝ͩ̑ͯͣ̑̇̋ͭ̂͂ͥ̆͑͒͆̈́̀ ̛ͬ̓̀̈́̆̈́̑̉͝҉̧̤̭͉̱̳̬̥R̜̞͖͉̦̣̗̻̗̼̱͍̣͚̍ͩ̍̓͂ͣ̇̏ͥ̊͘͠Įͯ́ͩͩ̃̒͑͑̈́̈̆̆͌̂͏̮̻͚̟͔̞̟͖̹̼͇̯̪̼͢S̶̛̲̟̝̬̖̱͇̩̱͔͚̪̯̰̲̻̩̰ͭͩͭ̒̐̽̈́̄ͣ͂̃̍͜͡͡Ȩ̀̉̓ͪ̈́͒̏̿̽ͦ̎҉̴̢͖͇̘̰̱̦͕̖ͅSͯͣ̓̾̍̐̔̀̿҉̨͎̳͍̬̖̰̰̝̱̣̠͓̀͞.̛̬͔̜͙̩̳ͬ͑́̍̈́̉̋̾̕͟͜
    ̶̍̿̎̀ͥ̇ͨͤ̓ͮ̊̃̌͆͗̚͡͏̩̜̳͖͚͚͖̩̭͈̯͉̳̮̟͟
    ͖̺͉̣̣̳̰̣͎͔̹̯̜̳̘̥̀̅̀̀̒ͤ̐̏͒̊ͬ̈́̾̀͜H̷̨̰̺͍͓̜̝̗̹͖̩̮̜̞̣͎̖͕̃̀͑͂̆ͫ̒̿́̄͊ͮ̿ͦ̎͝E̵͖͕̜͇͕̟̗̰͇̼̪͙̩͉̙̽̎̓͆̓̽͟͠ ̵̷̵̛̺̦̘̼̹̩ͬ̑̋̾̇͛̆̍ͤͬͭ́͘ͅ
    ̌ͭͫ͋̐ͪ҉̴͠͏͔̼̞̠̻̹͓̺̱͙͉ ̨̨͓̠͈̪͉̻̣̖̘̖̯̌̊͆̅̽̿̋͂ͤ̓͊̚̚ ̶̠͕̟̱̜̝̭̳̭̙̟̳̙͉͔̭ͧ͆́͌̇̆͠K͐ͪ̎ͤͦ̒́̉̄ͤͫ̊̊̚͞҉̖͙̰̣̕̕͟Ñ̡̂͛̿ͥͯ̈͐ͨͤ̊̄̑ͭ̏҉̳̭̫̻̱Ǫ̷̨̪̩̣̰̫̮̹͈̮͔̟̲̤̗͇̖̀̋̅̆͌ͦ̈́ͥ̒̎̇̓͌͘ͅW̨̛̛͕͍͖̤̝͒ͫͥ̏ͭ̋ͩ̀͐̔́̉ͫͤ͠Ş̢̦̞͍͕̼̘͕̘̩͇̮̯̗̻̞̜͍̗̓͊͊̅̆͑ͦ͆̾̂̔̍̉̓̍̔̕ ̛͈̗̥͚̠͔̠̮̟͎̌̿ͯ̊̓͂ͫ͢T̸͑̿̉̎ͪ͋ͨ̊̉́̐͗͜͏́͏͙̗̲̱̩̞̫H͍̲̘̼̠̳̲͆̈̄ͭ́E̗̤̬̣̺͎̘̰̟̾͋͑̓͂̉͌̓͗̑ͪ̌̿̊͂̅̍̚͟ ̸̢̫̖̤̱̥̼̹̩͎̝̳̖͖͂ͯ̍̀ͬ̓̀͊̎ͨ̽̊̾͟͡͞
    ̊ͪ͋͊̃͡͏̷̧̣̠̖͈͙͈̹̹̮
    ̏̌͆ͦͨ̂ͪͤ̎̓̆̃ͨ̌ͦͤ̎́͝͠͏̖̹͎͉̰͚͍͈̠̲̜̺̼ͅ ̡̨̮̖̞̬̤̞̪̌̄̾ͩ̉̔̑̄͗̂͞ ̸̡̗͍͕ͪ̍̃̒̒ͬͪͥ̑̈̑͂̈́̔͑ͥ́T̶̛͔̫͇̲̯͓͚̤͙̗͖̗̅ͧ̆ͩ̌̍͟ͅR͆̉̓̆̎ͯ̎ͦ͊̾̒ͦͧ̕͢͠͏̱̭͍͈̯͔Ů̡̢̧͙̹̮̻̠̪͎̗̩̱͖͇̥̭͖̪͎̍̇̿̉ͮ̊ͦ͠Ţ̵̛̛̤͎̳̟̫ͪ̉̋̀͗̎̋̿̀̓ͯͪ͛̂̔ͩ̀̔̀ͅH̶̛͔̤̫̱̬͚͍̞̆͒̂́̓̓ͪ͗͊͒͛ͦ̌̽͢ ̵̟̞̱̯̞̝̍ͪ͌̃̆ͮ̾͂͑̐ͯ͠͞͝T̪̣̰ͯͮͩ̔̔́̽̾͒͒͋ͦͬ̈͊ͤ̑̀ͅḨ̸̢̱̺̟͈̟͔͈̯͕͍̞͖͛̿̈́͋ͬ̔̈͂ͪ͗̿̑ͬ́̚͜Aͪ̑́̒͒̋̋҉̘͎̞̰̯̬̻̩͙̻̖̰͉̞͇̫̲̞T̸̶̨̪̥͖̬̹̹̰̦̔̂ͬ̃̍̋̏̈́ͤ̈́͊̏̍̽̉͆̀ͅͅ ̴̳͚̖̞̖̖͈̲̓̅̃͋̍ͨ̀̈̾̓̊͊̎ͮ̀̿́ͅC̢̲̜̗ͯͩ̽̊̊͑ͥ͂ͮ̽̾̆̈́̓͛̉̚͢H͋ͩ̀̃̓̌̉ͭ̀͒͌ͧ̆̉͢҉҉̯̦̳̳̼̗͓̘͕͇̥̫̙E̶̡̘̯͎̝̪̗̽ͧ̾͊̊̉̒̓̇̈̾̚͢Ẉ̶̛͎̣̟͔͙̬̰̘̩̼͚̤͑͊̚͜͟͠ͅS̘͔͇͉͓̜͉͈̏̍̑ͮͧ̒̓͑͞ ̸̶̯͙̱͙̖͕̣̱͖̠ͭͫ̔̏̇̂͆̄͗̅́͐̐͜͢
    ̧̈́̄͂ͯ͗̓̾̇̈̏̔̀ͨ͏҉̗̣͙͈̜̱̤͚̥̦͎̩̮͎̻̹̙̞͘
    ̇͒̊ͬͧ̾ͥ̅̌́̊͆ͮͭ́͜͠҉̝̳͇̘̳͕͔ ̬͉̥̼̹̣̟̅̓ͦ̍͒̏̌͢ ̢̧̪̭̙̘͔̻͚͇̦̠͎̣̰̜̖͑̓̌̎͑ͦ̌̑͐̕ ̸̛̤͖̰̱̹̗̙̬̬̅͂̋͂̇̓ͥͥ̎ͥͧ͜B̵̛̫̟̟̺̹̝͈͈̗̅ͣ̈́̓͢͠Ȇ̒̔̊̀̀̃̓ͨ̏̒̂ͯ̈́̽̕͏̹͚͇͚͔̟͉̖͓̣̥̮̥̥̱̯͙N̴̝͇̟͖̩̤̺̳̼͇͎̞͎̼̩̮͔̿̈͛̿͗ͦ̂ͫͩ̈́̾̍ͩͫ́͞E̛̗͚̺͇̹̘͍̣͉͈͚͉̜̳͓͛̂͛ͧͬ̓͂ͯ̀̈́̌̑́̚̚̕͢͡Ą̴ͬ͆͆ͪ͡͏̠̼̲̤̹̹̮̘̥͉͚̱̖̞̺ͅT͔̠̼̠͈̜͚̺̗͔ͪ̉͊ͦͧ̓̃̒̇ͦ̿͡H̵͍̞͈̩̯̟̽̓̔͑͐ͮ̎̎͒͌͛̀̎̚͠ ̸̨̧̬̺̤̘̰͉͔̥̤͚͚̪̺̲͉̦̗̽̿̿ͯ͑̋O̵̵̸̤͓͉̮̗̩̣̥ͣͭ̋͌ͣ̀Ų̴͙͇̺͈̱ͦ̐̓͊ͥ͞R̵̻̬͈̫̬̺͓̜͆̋́̀̓̋ͭ̈́ͯ̐ͪ̋̚̚͜͟͠ ̃͊̽̏ͯͣ̐̓ͣ̈́̓̽͂̅͗҉̴͍̬̗̫͙̗ͅS̷̵͙͈͍̘̒̑ͯͣ̄̉͑ͮ̽͆ͪͧ͋͆̚̕͘K̛̥̺̰̠̫͖̜͔̇ͦ̂ͭ̓ͥ̿̑͌͐ͯ͗ͨ̚̕I̧̝̪̭̥̱͚̯̥̱̳̣͓͖͚̤̔̒͆̈̍ͨͧ͐ͦͮ̐ͨ̓̚̕͝N̴̨̛̩͕̬̺͚̣͈̮̟͔͗̾͋͒̕̕ͅ.̸̸̧̮͚̣̭̪̖̜̗̲̺̦̠̹̞ͬ̓ͦ̏ͬ̕͠
    ̧̲̤̣͈̖͕̼̫̺̺̳͕̮̤̻̮̫͖̰ͣ͊͋͊̀
    ̧̡͔͙͇̲̦̦̬̥͔̰̦̿̏̍̍̆̅̌ͫ͝͝ ̯̮̳̱̙̟͉̫̫͚͕͍̣̆̔̅ͥͮ́͠ ̶̵̢̓ͬ͆́ͯ͏̥͇̪͚̱̭͚̦͚̙͔̤͈̺͎̘̼ ̤͉̟͍̬̬͔͈̣͓͇͍̩̙̲̩̱̂͆ͪͫ̿̑ͨ̚͘͡ ̈́ͨ̅̇̅̒̉̍͋̓̎̂̅̀̌̈́͑͡҉̡̤̠͔̲̱͞͡ ̷̴̰̤̣͍͈̯̲̠͓̣̝͖̜ͪ͑̅̉̿͗ͤͫͭ̽ͬ͗̏ͨ̇̓͆̆́͘͞ͅͅ ̴̡̺̺͍̤̘̤̬͈̙͉̲̣̦̟̰̳̳̈͂̽ͣ̆̒ͧ̒͆͛̇̆͋ͬͨ͠ ͫ̈̍̎́͆͊͑͗̋̇͏̺̬͍̪̖͙̤͍̻̣̲̳͇̪̤̫̼͎́́͟K̨̘͉̗̭̪̦̗̦̝͖͎͕̳͔̐ͮͦ̇̊̿̚͟͠͞I̢̖̬̞̞̓̓̾̾̊ͦ̅̇͒͐̃̔͂̑ͪ̒́̚N̵̡̂̿̔ͩ͜͡҉̜͖͚̻͉̫͔̱͙̺̖̠̼͈̼̠̦ͅ ̨͎͇͚̬͙͎̯̳̜̪̙͚̝̅̿̈ͭ̈́̌͆̚͜T̢́ͮ̾ͨ̾҉͙̩̪̟̯͍O͛̓ͮ̎̾ͥ̈̀҉̸̯̹̘̲͜ ̴̱̱̦͕̫ͫ͂̌͂̀̈́͊̃ͯ̍̂͋ͥ̀E͈̞̗͖͉͍̟̗̬̹̖̗͓͕ͧ̈ͫͣ́̓̏̓ͭ̕Ả̲̜̲͖̾ͦ̒͋̆̾̏̈́̚̚͘͟Tͦ̍̀̑́҉̢̺̻̟͕̰̱̻
    ̴̨̖̫̼͓̜̹̮̺͙̏ͩ̔ͨ̏ͪ͑͆̄͗̍́͝ͅ
    ̒ͯͧ̃҉̢̢͇̟͚̖͓̀͜ ͎͇̗͎͍̩̗̈͂ͫͯͪͧ̋́̀́͟F̝̠̤̲̳͓̘̙͈̤̜̗͚̻̘̿̇̋̂̓̓ͥ̈̾̀̚͝ͅĻ̨̧̩̯̮̟̬̼̅̍ͯ͛̐ͦ̏ͤ̔̊͂̊ͭ̓̾̿́̚͞Ė̈́ͣͪ̐̕͏͏̘͙̣̰̯̗̺̜ͅS̵̶̵̢̼̞̗͕̫̥̬̟̫̔̿̾̍ͪ̋̑̎ͭͪ̉ͪ̋͋͛̓̚͞H̴̨̛̻̫̻̗͙̙̱͓̰͖̱̝͑ͨ͌ͤ̽̈́̌͂̍̃̿͑̉̓ ̴͔̤͚̠̳̦̬̳̠̳̮͔̣̭ͣ̇̆̆̂͢͞͡T̶ͭ̍ͦͧ͌̿̽ͭͫ̓̄͆͑̍ͤ̍̚҉̤̥̰͚͎͙͓͍̫͟O̸̧͎̪͇̣͔̹̟͉̤͓̅ͪͤͩͫ̓͋̒̒͊͡͞ ̽͐ͦ̈ͦ̌͊́͏̡̯͔͈̯̻͓͉̘̦̲͇̀ͅB́̅̄̊ͨ̄́҉̡̣̖̜̳̼̺͉̝̪̟̘̝̠̟͓̜̩̯̣́U̔̽ͩͭͩ͒͊͑̇̽̐̒̈́ͣ̂̔̀̚҉͎̩͍̱͇͜R̪̪̟̼̗̺̀̿̏ͤ͒͌̈ͨ̅̉̾̋͂͢N̢̢̯̹̺̰̯̗͎̹͇͌̓ͨ͒͊́͌ͯ̀̿̊̅ͦͤͦ͆̂̀.̴̧͕̠̥̜̪̫͚̔̈́ͦ̂ͦ͐ͨ̅ͥͫ̈͂̐͘͢͡ͅ
    ̵̸̧͓̬̗̮͓̹̺̜͋̽͑͌͊̇ͨͭ͂̐̈̑̃ͤ͊̕
    Didi
  • WTELLS # doesn't work.

CTELLS # works...

SHOWTELL # works..

GTELLS # works

CLANTELLS # works.

this frustrates me incessantly, especially since WTELLS doesn't go through death, so I miss out on someone talking to me when I'm dead, and can't go back and see what they said, so I miss half the conversation.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    WTELLS/CTELLS/TELLS/GTELLS/CLANTELLS FULL typically works pretty well in that regard.

Tenshyo
  • WTELLS doesn't help when the tell is long enough that it ends in ellipsis (...)

which is the thing I've got a problem with.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Tenshyo
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    WTELLS FULL

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited April 2017
    Goldtouch refund. I use my goldbars exclusively for crafting. Especially since it's a forced comm in a bunch of stuff that doesn't actually bloody use gold. :( Can't we just have the gold acquired in goldtouch not be able to be put to use in cures somehow? >.>

Plus, wtf am I supposed to do with 150 bound ironcoins. If I wanted any of the other ironcoin artifacts, I'd have bought them already, I only bound those specifically for this one thing. :/

ETA: I get the why behind this, it's just frustrating, especially following the change to force ridiculous base-comms that don't make sense.
    imageimage
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    'rankings xp' isn't shorthand for 'rankings experience'

• TiurTiur Producer
    I like this thread. RANKINGS XP now works. Not worth a changelog, so call it a lazy upgrade.

I would mess with bloodline stuff a little, it's a side project.. but Aetolia ends up small enough that everyone is related.
    DidiMordionLeana
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Along the same vein as Serrice's, I miss being able to do RANKINGS SERRICE and seeing where she is. Now I have to check her honors and then do RANKINGS EXPERIENCE XP #. Let me do RANKINGS XP SERRICE!
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Arbre
    RANKINGS SERRICE still shows you that, it's just the second thing in the list!

Rankings for Serrice
    --------------------
    Overall: 173rd with 91 points.
    Experience: 45th with 136 points.
    Explorers: 19th with 16902 points.
    Total minipets: 133rd with 7 points.
    Unique minipets: 134th with 7 points.
    Total fame: 31st with 23 points.
    Total mounts: (unranked)
    Unique mounts: (unranked)
    Biggest fish: (unranked)
    Total fish: (unranked)
    Total styles: 59th with 11 points.
    Total figurines: (unranked)
    Total artifacts: (unranked)
    Total pve deaths: (unranked)
    Total pvp deaths: (unranked)
    Total pve kills: 97th with 92220 points.
    Total pvp kills: 9th with 1313 points.
    Total quests: 22nd with 5476 points.
    Unique quests: 26th with 112 points.
    Total relics: (unranked)
    Event: 51st with 6 points.
    Racetrack: 5th with 1 points.
    Total assists: 4th with 3106 points.
    Total sect duels: (unranked)
    Sect rating: (unranked)
    Total ylem: 9th with 200743 points.

-----------------------------
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Zaila It shows ranking, but not level.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited May 2018
    Arbre said:

@Zaila It shows ranking, but not level.

How many points they have in exp rankings is their level.

Edit: Experience: 45th with 136 points.

Name: Serrice
    Full name: Serrice, the Black Fox
    Level: 136
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Zaila
  • Vamp sun damage. Because it's not enough that I receive a message every time the sun burns me. It's absolutely critical that I see every time the sun damages the several other vamps in the room too. 
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
    Leana
  • Tiur said:
    but Aetolia ends up small enough that everyone is related.
    So, Arkansas. Aetolia is Arkansas.
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
  • The new titles system (while awesome) upsets me a little. I never really cared for fame lines and now all the cool ones are no longer obtainable. I feel like I missed a chance to get something unique as many of them are just not obtainable or were specific to events where the admin who ran it gave them a fame line (While other events did not).

This is just a mild irritation since I don't think the system should go away. I'm just immensely jealous of all the event specific titles.

I'd feel a lot better if there was a fame line for each century or something. Like 4 century+ super rare, 3 extra rare, 2 rare, 1 common.

Also, the gold_ticket should be rare and "Lucky"!

Also, would love the old 'Has been divorced x times' line to return to honors!

SessizlikTeani
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Kind of wish there was a SHOP UNPRICE ALL or SHOP UNPRICE SHELF # for shopkeeping. Trying to move stuff in between shelves is horribly tedious.
    LeanaTeaniXeniaArista
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Having a plush token, not having paid attention when the plushes its tied to came up, now having NO idea what my choices are. Will be incapable of choosing, so either sell something I might have otherwise used, or try to poke at every single last person I know who has had a token, and ask what the choices -were-.

WTB: List of options for the plush tokens.
  • Axius said:

Having a plush token, not having paid attention when the plushes its tied to came up, now having NO idea what my choices are. Will be incapable of choosing, so either sell something I might have otherwise used, or try to poke at every single last person I know who has had a token, and ask what the choices -were-.

WTB: List of options for the plush tokens.

@Axius the shop is still up at NoT

I got a couple recently I needed to have a Keroc and Razmael
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited June 2018
    I think that the oven housing upgrade is weird and it bugs me. Its sold as a kitchen upgrade, but its a jewelry smelter, not a baking oven! Am I the only one to find this really weird?

Edit: Adding the description

This oven is made of some sort of stone, which is able to somewhat dull the tremendous heat burning within. Obviously, this oven is not meant for baking, but rather for softening and melting some types of metal.