Farewell Draiman

For those who do not know, @Draiman has been retired. Since we could not talk him out of it, we sent him off in Carnifex fashion-- ceremony and ritual!

Look Draiman:
He is an athletic Azudim vampire of Xorani heritage, his jagged, dark features adding to the
imposing nature of his tall, muscular form. Tall and broad-shoulders, strength would hum along his form if it weren't for the deathly calm and still that lingers about him. Angular and sharp, his face hosts gaunt cheeks and an intense, pale gaze, the taut skin making what expressions he makes all the more difficult to read. Sharp teeth glint past dark lips, and equally as sharp horns curl back from his brow like a strange, corrupted ram's. Their ridging and texture divert and twist in a way that would leave vertical cut-lines if he were to head-butt you. His skin is subtly patterned like scales, enough to seamlessly meld to the tail that balances behind him, and the wings that sprout from his back, the membrane carrying a lifeless blue tint. Blackened nails tip his strong hands, and small, calcified spikes line his knuckles and trail along his lower arms, down his back, and along his tail, like little frozen spurs of ice and bone. Streaks of crimson blood spatter his face. Wrapped around the shoulder and secured with a copper band is a paired shoulder cord showing colors of teal and crimson. He walks with the blessing of Iosyne.

(worn) : an entwined venantium locket
(over the torso) : a tabard of the Shadow Keep
(worn) : a many-slotted vocal fob
(worn on the belt) : a brass pocketwatch
(around the neck) : a rustic necklace with a rabbit's foot
(inked on the lower right of his neck) : a black-inked tattoo of a pair of crossed fists
(worn on head) : the crested Helm of the Bloodletter
(worn on a finger) : a vicious draconic ring
(worn on the feet) : black leather hobnailed jack boots
(covering the torso) : a formal Carnifex dress shirt
(worn on the legs) : formal steel grey slacks
(hanging from the shoulders) : shoulder cords in teal and crimson leather
(worn on a finger) : an unremarkable ring of iron

The ceremony:
Hall of Retirement.
Branching off from the main hall is a large chamber illuminated by the flicker of torchlight. Sturdy rows of columns stand erect as knights, serving as entry to a series of alcoves. While many of these alcoves are little more than a darkened empty space, a single one serves as host to a dim, electric glow. Along the walls, cast in the eerie aura of the alcove, tapestries and paintings have been placed in honor of Carnifex retired from their duties in life.

The following members of the Carnifex are in the realm:
Member Rank Position Class
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xenia Commander of the Shadow Keep Guildmaster Carnifex
Alathesia Tainted Knight Carnifex
Nenelos Carnifex Knight Novice Aide Carnifex
Draiman Carnifex Knight Praenomen
Xemnas Legionary 2nd Class Carnifex
Volka Soldier 1st Class Carnifex

(Carnifex): You say, "Carnifex come to the Keep for a final ceremony in Draiman's honor."

The following citizens of Spinesreach are in the realm:
Citizen Rank Position [CT?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zenobia Princeps Steward
Xenia Princeps Aide to Development
Fezzix Princeps Senator
Atarah Provost Senator
Volka Provost Aide to Steward
Nenelos Provost Aide to Security
Feirenz Comrade Treasurer
Xemnas Comrade
Axius Proletarian
Niessa Proletarian
Sinnsuel Proletarian

(Carnifex): Volka says, "On our way."

The surface of a compass-inlaid ilmenite bracer ripples, briefly revealing the visage of Draiman.

Draiman enters from the west, riding a chaos stallion.

The surface of a compass-inlaid ilmenite bracer ripples, briefly revealing the visage of Nenelos.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Draiman squares his shoulders and crisply salutes his fellow soldiers.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, A nightmarish figure squares her shoulders and crisply salutes her fellow soldiers.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Volka squares her shoulders and crisply salutes her
fellow soldiers.

A beam of prismatic light suddenly shoots into the room.
You see the following people here:
A nightmarish figure, Volka, Zenobia, a nightmarish figure, Draiman

You detect the following presences:
Nenelos is here.
Volka is here.
Zenobia is here.
Alathesia is here.
Draiman is here.

You sense Ellenia in the realm.

A nightmarish figure quickly hides behind Draiman, who suddenly looks very vulnerable.

The following members of the Order of Iosyne are in the realm:
Member Rank Status
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellenia the General
Draiman the Bloodletter
Ilyon an Inciter of Malice
Xenia an Inciter of Malice
Alathesia an Inciter of Malice
Nenelos an Enforcer of Pain

(Order): You say, "Those who wish to come to Draiman's retirement ceremony, speak now."

You say, "Remove your hoods."

Alathesia abandons the veil obscuring her form, becoming visible once more.

Nenelos abandons the veil obscuring his form, becoming visible once more.

Draiman gives six pills to Alathesia.

A piercing sound cleaves through the air.

Draiman says to Alathesia, "Cariv will need those for uh..you know."

Draiman winks knowingly.

A portal opens in the air in front of you, edges vibrating madly.

Alathesia's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Ellenia steps in through a sonic portal.
She is followed by a spindly giant spider.

Ellenia gives the world a smart salute.

Alathesia nods her head at Draiman.

Draiman nods his head at Ellenia.

Ellenia murmurs something softly to Draiman.

Draiman says, "Oh Gods."

Zenobia leans on Ellenia seeking consolation.

Ellenia gives a dark knight doll to Draiman.

"Heh heh heh," Draiman chuckles.

Zenobia says, "Wish Cariv was about."

Zenobia peers at Draiman suspiciously.

Alathesia creases her brow in a frown.

Ellenia asks Zenobia, "You're not going to go all emotional on me now, are you?"

Zenobia snorts arrogantly at Ellenia.

Zenobia says to Ellenia, "Do notmake me sting that ass."

Volka puts a personal journal into a sturdy traveler's satchel.

Ellenia says with an evil grin to Zenobia, "Maybe later, if you play your cards right."

Zenobia snickers softly, eyeing Ellenia.

You have emoted: Xenia clears her throat, casting a glance across the small gathering. "Right, Draiman has decided to move on and retire from his duties of life," she says in a plain, blunt matter. "Can't rightly speak for all those here, but Draiman I will miss you. You were one of my first friends and overtime, I came to view you as something of an older brother." The Commander nods slowly, "You've accomplished quite a bit, are perhaps the most versatile combatant I know. I was proud to have you join our ranks and even more so when you proved yourself worthy of our Knighthood."
Draiman removes the crested Helm of the Bloodletter.

The helm fades as it is removed, the blood etching its insignia evaporating.

You have emoted: Xenia pauses, glancing over each of you before her eyes settle firmly upon Draiman. "It pains me you are leaving, but there is no avoiding pain when you walk the Malevolent's path. Pain provides us insight to the luxuries of a thriving life. Draiman, may you thrive wherever it is you will journey to from here."

You have emoted: Xenia then steps back, motioning the freedom of the floor, "Those of you who wish to express any sentiments or words, do so."

Zenobia purrs loud enough to be heard the words almost growled, "Draiman ... I have known ya since I was a freakin Druidess and Yettave was daft enough to claim me after Hazzyq left. He always said he got the better of the deal. What I recall most is ya came up to me and looked me over and said I had guts. Since then ya have been like kin .... Much has changed in time, yet my respect for you has never diminished. It will be a sadder world for losing ya. Just saying."

Zenobia gives Draiman a peck on the cheek.

Nenelos says, "Draiman. You and I have had a few differences between us in our time knowing each other. I've always respected you as a combatant and for your steadfast adherence to the paths we mutually walked. I cannot say much for the others or you, but I will miss you like my own kin. I hope whatever travels you set before yourself are profitable and filled with the fortune of bloodlust and bounty that you deserve."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Nenelos squares his shoulders and crisply salutes
Draiman.

Ellenia murmurs something softly to Draiman.

Ellenia winks knowingly at Draiman.

Alathesia looks over at Draiman, a soft smile creases her lips. "Draiman, you have been someone I have looked up to. You taught me to lead into battle and helped me to find leadership from within. Been there to answer my silly combat questions. You will be greatly missed, but this is something you have earned. Thanks for believing in me, and being there for me." With that she walks over to Draiman and gives him a soft peck on the cheek.

Volka coughs softly in the ensuing silence, looking to you, and around to those present. Settling her gaze on Draiman, she says, softly, "I don't really know you well, Ser. But that doesn't change the fact that your absence will leave a hole in the ranks of the Carnifex, one that we will never completely fill. I am honored to have known you, even for as short a time as I have."

Draiman gives you a friendly smile. "It was a pleasure to have served the Keep and prove my worth. As for our friendship, it was actually one of the things that dragged me back from the brink. If you remember correctly, I spent most of my days being completely smashed inside Moirean's tavern when you met me. But I watched you, saw your determination in whatever it was you were doing at any moment, and was inspired to get off my ass and make something of myself again." He gives you a serious look before adding, "Thank you for that."

Draiman turns to everyone else, offering a small bow. "I'd like to thank each of you individually, and those that aren't here, but we'd be here so long you'd all go with me. Thank you all for your words."

You have emoted: Xenia holds Draiman's gaze, her expression somber, meaningful. "I do remember those times as it was the first time I lost a drinking contest and made a close friend. It pleases me you took inspiration in my plights as I always took inspiration from your successes."

Nenelos ponders the situation.

Nenelos says to Draiman, "I don't normally do this."

Nenelos runs up to Draiman and envelops him in a massive bearhug.

Draiman says, "Awkward."

Draiman pats Nenelos in a friendly manner.

Nenelos smiles impishly and says, "Duh. That is the point."

Alathesia snickers softly, eyeing Draiman.

Draiman ponders the situation.

Nenelos says, "Wouldn't be me otherwise, man."

Draiman gives the crested Helm of the Bloodletter to Nenelos.

Nenelos blinks.

Draiman says, "Try that on."

Nenelos says, "Newp."

Draiman snaps his fingers.

Draiman says, "Give it back."

Nenelos laughingly says, "I know better."

Zenobia says to Draiman, "Only time anyone can get away with being brats."

Zenobia's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You snicker under your breath.

Draiman puts on the crested Helm of the Bloodletter.

The helm flares to life as it is donned, blood rising from the insignia of crossed fists stamped on the forehead.

Nenelos says, "I should admittedly have kept it."

Nenelos shifts his eyes from side to side suspiciously.

Nenelos says, "Just to see what She says about it."

Draiman gives an iosian technique scroll to you.
Draiman gives an iosian technique scroll to Nenelos.
Draiman gives an iosian technique scroll to Alathesia.
Draiman gives an iosian technique scroll to Ellenia.

Nenelos blinks.

Nenelos says, "No way."

Draiman says, "Ahah, parting gifts."

Alathesia's breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

Nenelos stares implacably at Draiman.

Alathesia gives Draiman a peck on the cheek.

Nenelos looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

You have emoted: As Draiman makes speaks his final words, Xenia steps off towards the furthest, darkened alcove of the hall. "There is but one final thing," she states

Draiman tilts his head curiously.

You have emoted: Xenia motions to the alcove, "Embed your soulstone into the wall here, as this space will serve as your memorial to the Keep."

Draiman nods, slowly raising his hand. As he does, his body begins to glow with a dark aura as his soulstone leaves him, reforming in his open palm. He heads towards you, looking at the spot she indicated. Stretching his hand out, a small murmuring of the souls trapped inside can be heard faintly as his soulstone floats into the open alcove.

As the soulstone leaves him, the aura fades. Draiman nods one last time before turning to you. "Done, Commander."
em (In solemn silence, ) watches on, straightening

You have emoted: In solemn silence, Xenia watches on, straightening into a rigid stand of attention and saluting once Draiman has passes. "Go in Strength, Draiman. Farewell."
Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Nenelos squares his shoulders and crisply salutes
Draiman.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Alathesia squares her shoulders and crisply salutes
Draiman.

Nenelos says, "You'll be with us still, Ser Draiman. At least your memory will."

Zenobia stands tall and repectfully bows her head as Draiman passes.

Draiman makes a strange call into the distance.

Ellenia vigorously spins a finely sculpted crystal torus, and it begins to hover in the air.

Ellenia vigorously spins a perfect crystal sphere, and it begins to hover in the air.

Ellenia makes a forceful gesture and some crystals embed themselves into the ground.

A piercing sound cleaves through the air.

A portal opens in the air in front of you, edges vibrating madly.

Zenobia's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Nenelos nods his head at Nia.

You have emoted: Xenia smirks at Draiman, "We all know the influence imps have had on your life, would seem wrong to not have one present before you set off on this final journey."

Peering about curiously, Nia stalks towards you, then looks up at Draiman. "You're retiring, Mister Prince Sir?" she asks. "You don't look a day over twenty."

Nenelos utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Zenobia snickers softly, eyeing Nia.

Zenobia says, "Purrfect send off."

Draiman nods at Nia. "Exactly. Need to go while I still look as good as I do."

Volka chuckles long and heartily.

Alathesia grins mischievously at Draiman.

You smile wryly.

Nenelos morphs before your eyes, taking on the form of Yero.

Solemnly, Nia says to Draiman, "I'll always remember fondly the day I saw you publicly naked."

Nenelos snickers under his breath.

Zenobia gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Ellenia says, "Poor child, I am sure that was traumatizing."

Nenelos says to Draiman, "I'll always fondly remember the day that The Malevolent ripped you apart with crawly nasty things for me. Only victory I've ever had over ya."

You have emoted: The gathering is set about an alcove, squeezed between columns of the spacious hall. Pointing towards a faint glow along the alcove's wall, Xenia draws attention towards a soulstone embedded in the stone. "His memory will remain in our halls along with his soulstone," she explains to Nia.

Draiman offers everyone a quick grin and raises two fingers in a casual solute, before winking at Nia. "I'll be off no-" he's interrupted at the last moment by his undead apparition. "Please do-" it starts, but Draiman is even quicker to interrupt him. "Shut the fuck up, I have never, ever, EVER liked you, and I hope you go insane without me here to torture with your incessant whining and meddling in my affairs."
Nenelos snickers under his breath.

Draiman mutters, "He has to ruin everything."

Draiman gives the world a smart salute.

Alathesia gives Draiman a tight hug.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute Draiman.

Waggling her brows at the crumbling apparition, Nia notes to the unknown fellow, "I reckon you just been told." Towards Draiman, the Imp straightens up, mimicking you in offering the vampire a salute. "Good night, sweet prince."

You sense Draiman has left the realm.
An undead apparition staggers, falls, and crumbles into dust.
Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Volka squares her shoulders and crisply salutes her
fellow soldiers.

Nenelos sniffles softly.
It is now dusk on Gosday, the 16th of Slyphian, year 461 of the Midnight Age.

Nenelos says, "No point in moping about, Ladies. My expert medical advise is to go drink yourselves stupid and don't call upon me when ya sober up."

Raising her stein high, Ellenia says, "Here's to good memories."

Ellenia drinks from a stein of the Celebration of the Stars of "Liquid Strength".

Nenelos nods his head at Ellenia.

Nenelos says, "She's already started."

Nia drinks from a tankard, stamped with "Esterport" of Esterporter.

Raising her mug, Nia says, "To Prince Draiman."

The light tinkle of children's laughter reaches your ears, muffled by the distance.

"Mmmm..." Ellenia softly utters.

Volka raises a glass, nodding to Nia. "To Ser Draiman."

You drink from a stein of the Celebration of the Stars of "Liquid Steel" and nearly choke on the
overwhelmingly strong alcohol content, head buzzing as the kola additives kick in. Beneath it all, a faint iron aftertaste gives the ominous sensation that your gullet has been torn open by the drink's sheer potency.

Nenelos says to you, "If you have a spare... I'd be willing to take my first drink since my berothed got herself pregnant."

You give a battered iron cup to Nenelos.

The solemn silence is broken up by a loud, audible snort of a sniffle from Nia's pug-like nose. "I'm feeling a might morose at the moment," the Imp notes. "If you'll excuse me... I'm off t'go clean meself up. Thank ye for inviting me to see the fellow off."

Nia drinks from a tankard, stamped with "Esterport" of Esterporter.

You have emoted: "Got herself pregnant," Xenia repeats in wry tone to Nenelos, "Interesting way of putting it, is it not, Ser?"

Ellenia says to you, "Like he had nothing to do with it."

Ellenia rolls her eyes.

You nod your head at Ellenia, showing your acceptance.

"Mmmm..." Ellenia softly utters.

Ellenia tilts her head and listens intently.

Ellenia says, "I hear children laughing, if you excuse me I am going to go grab a bite to eat."

Ellenia gives the world a smart salute.

Nenelos fingers the cup given him, his gaze upon the liquid. When he speaks, his tone is firm and resonates in the small alcove. "I dedicate this toast to the man that single-handedly enabled me to best nearly any Shaman that darkened the North's gates with their shadow. May Ser Draiman be remembered always."

Ellenia steps through a sonic portal and is gone.
She is followed by a spindly giant spider.

"HROAGH!" you shout, your body no longer able to contain your berserking warrior spirit.

Nenelos's eyes sparkle with amusement.

"HROAGH!" Nenelos shouts, his voice defiant like a challenge to the Gods themselves.

"HROAGH!" Volka shouts, her voice defiant like a challenge to the Gods themselves.

Nenelos says, "All right. Off to go fill this cup and finish it, then fill it up again."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Nenelos squares his shoulders and crisply salutes his

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute your
fellow soldiers.

You say, "I have things I must attend to, and memorial drinking to indulge in. Thank you all for
coming."

Not much for words, but I'm gonna miss Draiman quite a bit, hands down one of my top three favorite characters in Aetolia.

DraimanNiaJulesZsadistIraeVarelIlyonFezzix

Comments

• Gonna miss you @Draiman. You gave me lots of pointers and tips and kept me going in the PK scene. Not gonna be the same without you.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

IraeIlyonFezzixDraiman
  • Have fun wherever you end up spending your time, man.
    EmelleKelliaraXeniaDraiman
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    This is sad, sad news indeed. I guess I'll see where you've fled to on Tuesday when I come visiting.

XeniaDraiman
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm not mad you decided to retire, I understand it, but I'm made I missed your retirement by few goddamn hours. When I found out I figured it was weeks ago, not something I missed just barely.

Will miss you bro, RIP
    Draiman
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    Never even heard about it and am sad I missed it, too. Thanks for all the advice man, good luck wherever you're headed.
    Draiman
  • Draiman only informed me a short time and was adamant on not dragging out the decision. It was a now or never sort of situation.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    :'(
    Draiman
  • NiaNia Trashy
    Fashioned from what looks to be a diploma from the Academy of Spinesreach, this hat is designed to fit a smaller head, and folded in such a way that would fit a particularly lopsided skull. Its yellow ribbon has been laced through small holes cut into both sides for added decoration. On the left side of the hat, just where the paper folds, one could read "Ni", the rest of the word covered by an additional layer of the coarse paper. Two semi-circular holes have been cut in the front of this angular hat to allow space for horns, should they grow from the wearer's head. Tucked into the rim on the right side is what appears at a glance to be a gold sovereign; upon closer inspection, it is instead a golden token resembling a sovereign, but minted with the likeness of a gigantic frog hungrily eyeing a drunken Imp.
    It can only be worn in the following location: head.
    It has 1 weeks of usefulness left.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Rajazel Tursatna.

It will probably seem silly, but to me, as a new player just over a month ago, it actually made a really significant impact that you were so inclusive and welcoming, @Draiman. Winning that frog-baiting event in my first week after you called out Spinesreach for being too afraid to participate or something was pure dumb luck, but led to…
    1. Me receiving 3 cityfavours and being promoted to CR3.
    2. You giving me 20 credits, IIRC?!
    3. Consequentially, me being able to invest lessons into my guild-skills really early on, before I had decided to purchase any with monies or transport my MKO retirement funds.
    4. @Rajazel making that really neat hat for me.
    5. Me getting a 'foot in the door', so to speak, even if it was only 15 minutes of fame.
    So in short… a little kindness really goes a long way. And despite being this big mighty Consanguine PK-lord leader figure, you continued being friendly and helpful any time I interacted with you, from involving me in an event to meet Abhorash to the OOC banter. It made a big difference, and community-members like you were a major factor of me deciding to stay with Aet.

I'm sad you're going and that I didn't get to hang with you before you'd started to burn out. You're one cool dude. But, best of luck, and I hope you find more enjoyment wherever you're off to. Hopefully there'll be plenty of people there as generous to you as you were to Nia.
    DraimanXenia
  • Damn Draiman, I'm sad to see you go. My best memory was you and I investigating Ati's Temple and inadvertently loosing an ancient, savage god on Sapience, but even then, I knew you since you were writing dorky rants on the old forums.

DON'T STAY GONE LONG
    Draiman
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited October 2016
    I have this particularly fond memory of that time I PK'd @Draiman 8 times in a row he got so mad and ragequit for a week.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    DraimanHaven
  • See you round dude, all the best.
    Draiman
  • Illidan said:
    I have this particularly fond memory of that time I PK'd @Draiman 8 times in a row he got so mad and ragequit for a week.

Your memory is fried dude. The only time a shaman and vampire fought 8 times in a row and the result was one of them rage quitting was when Ezalor smoked you 8 times in a row and then you rage quit for..going on 3 years now? ;)
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

SaturnineXeniaHaven
  • Draiman said:

Illidan said:

Your memory is fried dude. The only time a shaman and vampire fought 8 times in a row and the result was one of them rage quitting was when Ezalor smoked you 8 times in a row and then you rage quit for..going on 3 years now? ;)

DRAW 4
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • I propose moving this to the Owned thread.
    DraimanXandrenHaven
  • Or he could just log in and prove me wrong OH WAIT.
    XandrenXeniaHaven