Who would buy Lylith?

DaegonDaegon Canada
edited August 2016 in Newbies
Lylith is my curing system/offense. I created it from scratch(With the addition of Serrice's aff tracker). As some of you may know the curing is top par(Still working on adding some class specific curing things, but you can ask combatants I've been against. It does wonders.) I wouldn't normally sell it because selling means updates, and updates mean stress. But I'm currently in a pickle and need rent money. So I'm doing this poll.
'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'

Comments

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    What are "credits in the form of paypal money"?
    Is that just cash through paypal?
  • Yes
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm pretty well and over paying for a system, especially after watching so many burn.  Pretty much all I want is a good GUI and firstaid at this point.
    Atrapoema
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    I don't think you're going to find many people buying a system.

There's essentially three types of people:

1) Those who are completely fine using firstaid because PK is a hobby. This accounts for the vast majority of people.

2) Those who are very much into PK and thus code things themselves or get something already mostly done and change it to how they would like it in small areas. This accounts for most, if not all of the top tier people.

3) People who would actually buy a system. I have to imagine this is the smallest group, and even then 300 credits - or what you're actually asking for in the form of 100$ - is pretty insane in this day. Maybe a couple years ago, before firstaid? But I just can't see it being feasible for a lot of people with the availability and configurability of firstaid.

Not trying to be a downer, just my thoughts.
    ZailaXeniaFezzixKerrynFurtum
  • That's alright Mazarine. I appreciate the feed back.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    (explanation of my vote)
    I would assume the system includes some sort of an actual offense, not just curing. In which case I'd spend up to, like 20$ max if it was comprehensible for a complete and utter noncom to be able to fight sorta and not learn too much about it.
  • edited August 2016
    While curing ability does make a difference, I'd say the biggest factor is the skill and experience of the player. You have to know how to use a system, how to tweak it, and how to recognize what tactics aren't working mid-fight. There is still a great deal of player input required to be a combatant. If you don't know the danger signs while fighting against a certain player or class, you won't know when to run or when to hinder.

If you were to sell people systems, you would have to assure them that you're willing to offer constant and consistent tech support, since they're highly likely to not be coders. You're also in a bad market for this, since open source curing systems do exist, and most people are willing to help each other for free.

EDIT: Here's an afterthought. Even if you do get a few customers, you'd only be paid a one-time fee. Considering the amount of time you'd have to put into tech support and updating whenever changelogs are made in game, you're probably looking at an inefficient use of your time. It'd probably be better to pick up a second job, but for the purposes of quick cash, I hope someone bites.
    Furtum
  • Here's what I'd pay good money for - something that is "pretty good" (I realize that is an incredibly vague standard), and is also extremely well commented, and that I can tinker with and pick apart without being a professional coder. Something that could actually help someone who is sort of stuck at the very basic levels of coding (but has managed to get at least some kind of foundation there) get uh, further than that.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited August 2016
    Please don't create a whole horde of Rashars.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Rashar
  • Sry 2 be full time employee at > fork lift driver bruh. Maybe someday I'll not be able to hack it too, and then I can retire to mudsex and trolling for years while I 'work on my system'.

Don't be bitter, tubs.
    IshinXeniaTrager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    boy did I just lose a lot of respect for you @Rashar
  • Lose respect for me because I don't have any patience for one of the game's biggest trolls and the backhanded jabs and blatant insults he's been shooting my way for almost as long as I've been playing? My response is about half as harsh as some of the ones he's directed at a lot less deserving people.

But I mean, that's your prerogative I suppose. This is me not losing much sleep over it.
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited August 2016
    Rashar said:

Lose respect for me because I don't have any patience for one of the game's biggest trolls and the backhanded jabs and blatant insults he's been shooting my way for almost as long as I've been playing? My response is about half as harsh as some of the ones he's directed at a lot less deserving people.

But I mean, that's your prerogative I suppose. This is me not losing much sleep over it.

How do you get your sleep laying in that bed of salt tho?
    RasharAtrapoemaMissariFurtum
  • Alright alright, play nice friends.
    MissariIngramIshinDidiLin
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I'll just be over here, remembering getting paid to make things for @Ishin too.. :D
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Rashar
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited August 2016
    Looks like some people have been shown what's what regarding their prowess with automated combat systems in this high-stakes roleplaying text game!!!

Critical stuff.
    IshinXenia
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    A system being sold for real-life money is against Aetolia's Terms of Service. Asking for credits for your system is entirely valid, assuming of course you're not trying to resell those credits for real bux.

4. License. Subject to all of the Terms, the Company hereby
    grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the
    Services and to use the Services solely for your personal entertainment
    purposes. You may not use the Services to generate revenue for yourself or any
    third party, in any way, without prior written permission from the Company.

With that said, I'll be closing this thread.

Valdus
This discussion has been closed.