Did you know...

RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
edited August 2016 in Echo Canyon
Every so often, we come across an interesting fact up in the Pools that momentarily makes us go 'huh' or 'neat'. I thought when they come up, why don't we share them with you all as well so you can join us in that feeling!

Here's our first one:

The most used predefined emote in the game is 'grab', and represents 8.04% of emotes used. 'Smile' comes in at second with 7.19%, and 'grin' third with 5.01%. These three are used far more than any other emote, with the next closest to them being ponder, at 2.52%.
ZsadistEmelleArbreXeniaVyxsisRum

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Who even uses grab is someone out there spamming it slanting the effect.
    ZailaArbre
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Mine is probably NARROW.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Worth noting that this isn't going to be truly accurate, since some predefined emotes are hard-coded outside the emote system (either because they predate the system, or they do something special), and thus we don't have a tally for them. Examples would include things like agree, nod, and greet which would probably be really high.
  • edited August 2016
    @Razmael

I think "GRAB" shouldn't count either, because I know exactly one quest that is extremely popular that makes use of GRAB as doing something special to fulfill quest conditions. I'm not naming it, I'm not describing it. I am just going to indicate that it's there, and when I am doing the quest, I have an alias that spams the crap out of "grab" until I either succeed, or the target of "Grab" isn't in the room anymore

edit: and when I say spams the crap out of grab, I'm talking 30+ times, if not MORE for particularly petulant targets
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Trager
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    DID YOU KNOW:
    Aetolian players are more concerned with perceived factual accuracy than interesting data on its own right?
    IngramTragerXeniaLinVyxsis
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    After reading the last thread, I have to ask:

So with all the time that has passed, is the Kerrithrim mob still locked up in its Pandora's box room, or did someone get rid of it to prevent the accidental release and nastiness that would follow?
    Haven
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Zaila said:
    DID YOU KNOW: Aetolian players are more concerned with perceived factual accuracy than interesting data on its own right?
    Falling into the Asperger's Gotcha Trap, as Andrew Hussie calls it.
    Didi
    Did you know I completely forgot we had an old did you know thread.
    EmelleDraimanLinIraeIllikaalVolkaTenshyoVyxsis
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    So I guess this one's a bit more reflective on the whole community experience. When I started playing years ago, I never would have guessed that people who were virtual strangers to me and my friends who played with me would end up becoming real parts of our lives. I don't think any of us had really played many online games before at that point, so just getting used to the idea of things like OOC clans and later on the forums and then exchanging IM names (!) was a gradual process.

Did YOU know that Aetolia actually no-so secretly doubles up as a way to make new friends and start romantic relationships, and things like that? I definitely didn't, but now I'm married to a guy I met playing it.
    IraeZailaArbreSeirVolkaXavinDidi
    The original name planned for Albedos early in its development was Jaegara.
    ZailaPazradymKasimirCaolanTeaniDidiRumLin