What are the three top classes?

RolsandRolsand 12345678o
What are currently the three best classes that most likely won't get nerfed?
Aishia

Comments

• For group fight, in no particular order, Shaman, Monk, Mage

For 1v1, in no particular order, Shaman, Carnifex, Templar

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AishiaFezzix
  • RolsandRolsand 12345678o
    Well shaman it is.
  • Teradrim are good for both 1v1 and group fights too.
    Shaman is a dead guild... I might have to look over some logs and see these classes
  • Shamans is a very small guild, but it's also the weekend. Some of us (such as myself) aren't around to log in on weekends. If you really want to try out the guild, stick it out. Alternatively, join another guild and then approach us ICly about obtaining the class, if that's feasible for you.
    Won't that cost more?
  • Fezzix said:

Teradrim are good for both 1v1 and group fights too.

Teradrim are getting nerfed heavily this round, though.

Shaman are going to cost you an 850cr artifact but will be solid beyond that, they're tanky/forgiving on the defense end, and you can just keep re-running your offense until something sticks. You have a few routes open to you for 1v1, and no other class in the game can turn off an entire skillset in a group fight no matter where they are/make a room indoors/hinder/give loki aff to an entire group entering. It's also one of the classes that is, imo, easier to manual than to code.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Aishia
  • Also, don't expect them (Shamans) to get many nerfs in the near future. Or Templar either.

I would have to agree with Toz on his first post about which classes are best in the particular areas.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• The guild is very, very quiet for sure. I love the class, though (duh). I don't really agree that you -need- the 850cr artifact...but if you do combat you'll definitively need enhanced_greenfoot or an infinite stockpile of red bull's eye, and that's 400cr.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited August 2016
    If the class is balanced with the artifact, then it is unbalanced without the artifact. In this case, not having the artifact causes the class to under perform.

If it is balanced without the artifact, then it is unbalanced with the artifact. In this case, having the artifact causes the class to over perform.

I am of the opinion that it is one or the other.

As far as the OP's question:

Carnifex, Templar, and Indorani, are all on equal footing I believe, and none of them require artifacts, and are unlikely to receive significant nerfs. Maybe Indorani after Serrice's unintentional buff (Thanks!)
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Never needed enhanced_greenfoot, but did need trans philo and a +wp tattoo. I also killed fine without EQ crown but wasn't really fighting at top tier - I do know the one time I got an EQ crown on loan I blasted someone. Fighting without EQ crown is like not going +bal in a physical class, so I don't believe anyone who says classes are balanced around having AND NOT having EQ crown because literally nobody fights at top tier without +bal. Inclined to believe they're slightly underpowered without, and slightly OP with.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited August 2016
    Zsadist said:

Also, don't expect them (Shamans) to get many nerfs in the near future. Or Templar either.

I would have to agree with Toz on his first post about which classes are best in the particular areas.

Shamans just got some pretty heavy nerfs, and plenty more more are on the horizon. I wouldn't be inclined to be so negative in that department.
    Toz said:

Fezzix said:

Teradrim are good for both 1v1 and group fights too.

Shaman are going to cost you an 850cr artifact but will be solid beyond that, they're tanky/forgiving on the defense end, and you can just keep re-running your offense until something sticks. You have a few routes open to you for 1v1, and no other class in the game can turn off an entire skillset in a group fight no matter where they are/make a room indoors/hinder/give loki aff to an entire group entering. It's also one of the classes that is, imo, easier to manual than to code.
    Ummm, somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't every single class in the game literally rerun their offense until something sticks?

I understand the frustration of some of the Shaman abilities, and I'm trying to work on putting them in check. At the same time, the whole "No other class can..." argument has always been a pet peeve of mine, because of every class could do the same thing, then what's the point of having different classes? Secondly, Hinder works roughly the same way Gravehands does, so I don't really see why that was even mentioned. Also, if giving 1 loki aff to an entire group that enters a room is just so god awful that it spells certain death for the group, they deserved to lose.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • @Illidan, Hinder does -not- work like Piety or Gravehands. It's actually more akin to Tower. The abilities are used towards the same ends, but Hinder is much better, considering it falls under the umbrella of the new movement restrictions and prevents Evade. Combine this with icewalls and Canopy and you're left with a pretty good set of tools.
    Draiman
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited August 2016
    Fezzix said:

@Illidan, Hinder does -not- work like Piety or Gravehands. It's actually more akin to Tower. The abilities are used towards the same ends, but Hinder is much better, considering it falls under the umbrella of the new movement restrictions and prevents Evade. Combine this with icewalls and Canopy and you're left with a pretty good set of tools.

Sorry you're right. I was slighty stoned and thinking of stone fetish (seewhatIdidthere). I already agreed with the state of canopy. Icewalls are meltable.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Megiddo