Artifact ideas contest!

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    1) A portable personal ylem crystallization device that can be carried to foci to be charged. Once charged to full capacity, the user can activate the device and receive a handful of ylem crystals. This would make ylem crystals more available to people without cities, and would allow players to collect crystals without draining their city's reserves.

2) A planar wedge for triptycha tile collections. >_>

3) An artifact power that could extend the illusion skill/power length to allow for more detailed illusions.

4) A level 2/3 wyrmskin bag. Not as awesome as that void bag in the auction, but good practical usage for this all around, and I've been tempted to buy a whole second bag before. Each level adds 50, 75, or 100?

5) A workman's log, can be used once an aetolian day to get a report of all incomplete quests in the area you're standing in - for lore exploration and earning efficiency afficionados.

6)(iron coin artifact?) A black market order form, bypass shop restriction policies for one purchase an aetolian day.

7) (iron coin artifact?) A fishing probe, can be used in a fishing hole to tell you how many of the fish remaining in the hole you are at are catchable at your skill/rank.

8) (iron coin artifact?) A flask of pure alcohol, used to increase the alcohol content of a drink with SPIKE [drink].

9) Wonder sphere, alchemize 500-1000 gold to receive a boost of endurance(3%?), willpower(3%?), or experience(1% of current level up amount?). The boost is a random one of those three options, but cycles. Ex: alchemize 1000, get endurance. From there, the next two uses will result in either willpower or experience, but won't give endurance again until those to have been given. I'm not sure about the experience thing, since you could purchase levels, but it'd run you a lot of gold, and it's essentially 3000 gold to 1% experience to deter that. I'm just spitballing here.

10) tbd
    Aymah
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ) A linked lockbox, which would allow two people to have a pair to create a small shared inventory (capable of holding 20 or fewer items) they could both access.
    I swear I saw this one briefly for sale a while ago in the arti store then it just disappeared.
  • An artifact like @akaryuterra's that allows rogues to extract and sell their ylem to cities. Let's give rogues a job.
    DraimanFezzixAkaryuterraDidiEmelleAishia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Having read the rules, we discover that Akary is not person enough for all his ideas.
    But it's cool, I count as a person some days.

1) A linked lockbox, which would allow two people to have a pair to create a small shared inventory (capable of holding 20 or fewer items) they could both access.

2) (Iron coin artifact?) A desconstructive diagram, inspired by the golden hand artifact, can destroy any craftable item to return a portion of the materials used to craft an item (such as wood from a vial, gems from a jewelcraft item). However, this should only return 1 of the commodities available from non-player crafted items, like vials from newbie areas. Usable 3 times a day.

3) A fishing hole environment for havens, which would allow the player to select a fishing hole type (shallows, muddy, etc)

4) A hunting bifurcator, kept in inventory to give the benefit of being able to hit an additional mob of the same type as the original with an attack in the same room. Ie: decay pincher would split off a half -base- damage attack to another pincher if available. Use at your own risk, the second attack isn't targettable, can be deactivated.

5) A combination pot/still of some sort. Would walk slow when holding it, like with a still, so it isn't portable, but could cover both handling the ingredients, and the fermentation process automatically. If the brew design has an alcohol content, make it handle the fermenting step automatically for more balance. Multiple levels for brewing more than 500 at once as well? This was inspired by Zsadist's idea for more brewing capacity.

Coryn
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited July 2016
    Crown of the monarch - Allows you to use titling commands to bestow titles upon yourself or others. I think there used to be an NPC in Delos that could do it for a price, but I dunno if it exists anymore.

2) Brooch of devotion: a paired artifact that confers a small health/defense boost, but only when both parties are in the same room together. If the holders are married/engaged, then the boost will work even when they're apart.

3) A platinum banker's card: boosts interest gain on all bank accounts, and removes withdrawal fees.

4) Masterwork crafter's tools: halves the base commodity cost on all crafted items. Technically the current crafting boon artis already do this, but sometimes you don't need or want to make two or something.

5) An idol of Duality: allows the user to switch their tether without needing to join a city. Could be a consumable item.
    Tenshyo
  • Oroborous deck - A steel deck case that is much heavier then it should be. Tarot users can draw a random card from the deck. Drawing cards from the deck will use up its energy, a fully charged deck has energy to produce ten cards and recharges to full over one in game week. Cards can also be shuffle in the deck to restore some energy, the higher the skill of the card the more energy is restored. If a card is drawn that the Tarot user cannot use yet, it is automatically shuffled back into the deck.

Everbeating heart - A ruby flask carved into a morbrid shape. Living individuals can drink the flask to restore blood, endurence and willpower. This cannot be used in combat and uses balance. Individuals with the Corpus skill can drain the flask, restoring a significantly larger amount of blood. This has a long equilibrium cost. The flask has a capacity that requires time to refill itself.
  • An artifact to disable telepathy in a room, and make a room indoors. Grumble.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2016
    Toz said:

An artifact to disable telepathy in a room, and make a room indoors. Grumble.

If we're going to start passing out artifacts that disable entire skillsets, then they should let us have one to disable Hounds, Savagery, and Deathlore. Don't be silly.

Besides, the INTERFERENCE ability in Refining already stops it when you have your shield up.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Rasani
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal

Can I just waive any rewards after my fifth suggestion and present more because I'm enjoying thinking them up? Would appreciate a response message so I can trim my idea list if necessary, as it would be a shame if too many ideas disqualified me. :c
    ===========================================================================

That's fine, no different to just suggesting an idea normally.
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    Eleanor said:

Having read the rules, we discover that Akary is not person enough for all his ideas.

3) A fishing hole environment for havens, which would allow the player to select a fishing hole type (shallows, muddy, etc)

You're trying to make me never leave my haven. :> I was going to suggest that but I didn't think that would count as an artifact.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Haven fishing holes should just be purchasable with haven points.
    TragerCorynEmelle
  • Eyeglasses of Observation: Removes/reduces the eq cost on observe and glance.
  • A torc of faith - allows you to immediately (or at least rapidly) erect shrines to your Patron.

Only able to be used by the buyer, and disabled during holy war. Might require corpses to function.
    Aloli said:

a gardener's sickle

This would allow the harvester to pick more than one specific type of plant to harvest if they don't want to harvest only one or all plants in a room.
    For example: Sickle all myrrh ginseng

Just so you know, this is actually already a feature, no artifact required. HARVEST ALL GINSENG AND MYRRH would do exactly that.
    EmelleArbreXandrenMissariIllikaalDemarcusDidiAishiaJami
  • A sack of fetid carrion/an artificial craw: somewhat akin to the sarcophagus talisman, this would allow a shapeshifter to store up to 20 corpses for later use as carrion. Can only be used by the owner.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited August 2016
    An artifact (I'm awful at coming up with names) that holds your alcohol tolerance at its current level even if you don't drink for days/weeks/years. You still have to build it up high, but that way once it's high, it will stay that way. Must be worn. Probably be good as an iron coin arti.
    XeniaErzsebet
    I've had comments from multiple people that they have more ideas than the 5-idea limit that they want to submit, so I'm going to bump up the idea limit to 10 ideas per person and hopefully that'll be enough for you all!

Also, I've released a batch of new artis that include some of the ideas submitted here. It's just the first batch, and done in no particular order, so don't fret just yet as we've got more planned.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    6. A bracelet that allows PvE damage to be split amongst everyone who is wearing one, provided they are in the same web.

7. A wand of Polymorphing. You can turn yourself or someone else into a creature from a select list for a a period of time. For example, if you turned someone into a cat, they could only do things like meow or purr, as well as move regularly. Taking damage or doing any aggressive action will automatically revert the change.\

8. A friendly bubble. You can blow a bubble around yourself and mutual allies which will cause you all to fly and float around, being carried by the wind in random directions until someone pops it. Can be used on single target or on groups of people.

9. A portable farkle table.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Akaryuterra
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    An artifact Still for brewing or allow artifact varnish to work on the one we can currently buy.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    A hefty venatium-weighted fishing net - Multi-purpose artifact! Once per Aetolian year (RL Week or Month or something long...) can be used to FISH HERE WITH NET and attempt to capture all fish at a fishing location you're able to fish for with your skill (50% chance to catch any individual fish).
    - When WIELDED and HURLED at an enemy, instantly locks them down to the ground such that ABSOLUTELY NO escape or movement skills can be used for 5 seconds. None. At all. Nothing. Zilch. Always hits. Works through phase and veil and allows you to target someone if they are phased or veiled, and will pull them out of such a status alignment. If they're not actually there, you waste your daily charge and look silly in the attempt. Usable once per RL day.

A portable door frame - Can be DROPPED and ENTERED, causing the first person to enter the door be transported to a random room on the continent. The door frame collapses in upon itself after the first person/group to pass through it, and will reset to its owner's inventory and be ready for the next use in ~5 minutes.

A tarnished lamp - Once per Aetolian day can be RUBBED to summon a djinn who will grant the person one wish. Little buffs like WISH FOR EXPERIENCE for a burst of experience (or boost to experience gain for an hour), WISH FOR CRITICALS for a +2% critical boost for an hour, WISH FOR GOLD for a small pile of gold, WISH FOR DEATH to die instantly, etc. The actual WISHES can be secret and must be discovered via trial and error. If you get it wrong you piss off the djinn and might get a random debuff.

A tiny clockwork goat - Consumes consumables to give various buffs. Examples of 'recipies' might be: phoenix heart + stone commodity = A stamina regen buff akin to a mountain tattoo. Much like the djinn idea above, the recipies need to be discovered by trial and error, can be added to in the future for added future value, etc. Goat might have a 5 minute cooldown between recipie attempts. Buffs should be useful but not overpowering, some for PvE, some for PvP, some for fun!
    KerrynXandrenAkaryuterra
  • Illidan said:

7. A wand of Polymorphing. You can turn yourself or someone else into a creature from a select list for a a period of time. For example, if you turned someone into a cat, they could only do things like meow or purr, as well as move regularly. Taking damage or doing any aggressive action will automatically revert the change.

I'd buy this probably, depending on the list of available creatures.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    1. Tears of @Vaskar. After drinking from this vial, gain a short buff that gives you 5% dodge (only applicable towards Vaskar's attacks) per attack Vaskar uses against you (stacking) and causes Vaskar to use the cry emote. Vial must be refilled by collecting his tears.

2. Tears of Draiman. After drinking from this vial, gain a short buff that gives your abilities a Daskalos level oomph when used towards him. Also causes cry emote, refilled the same way.

3. Tears of @Toz. After drinking, gain a short buff that causes any attacks you make towards Toz to also cast Canopy. Cause cry emote, etc.

4. Tears of @Ezalor. After drinking, gain the pre nerf shed ability if he ever obtains a venom lock on you.

5. Tears of @Zsadist. After drinking, gain a short buff that causes all of your attacks to become unparryable torso combo's and reduce Zsadist's blunt audit to 0.

6. Tears of @Serrice. After drinking, gain a passive prismatic barrier that is only effective vs. Serrice's attacks.

7. Tears of @Akara. After drinking, instantly kills her Unicorn (her mount). Unicorn respawns after the buff wears off.

8. Tears of @Varel. After drinking, gain a buff that denies vampires a raze next round of class leads.

9. Tears of the Troll King. After drinking, @Valingar is unable to do anything even remotely trollish towards you.

@Razmael You'd be able to buy a Porsche in a week if you make these and you know it. 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

VarelJulesTragerXeniaIllikaalBufordTenshyo
  • Draiman said:

17) A venom rag that only contains occulus

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DraimanKerocVarelArbre
  • a fisher's fly-tying kit : allows a fisherman to 'bait' a rod to increase the likelihood of catching a specific type of fish, ie, BAIT ROD FOR SUNFISH.

a venantium miner's pick : Can be used once per week to produce a few (1-3) random cachable gemstones if used in a mountain/cave region.
    AymahTenshyo
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2016
    Artifact 6: The One ring
    - level one - "to find them all", making it possible to scent people in current and adjacent areas, no matter what skills or items they are using to hide.
    -- can be upgraded to a second level - "to bring them all", which makes it possible to target the level one ability and brazier said target for a lower balance cost, without the tattoo. Subject to the normal blocks of the brazier tattoo.
    --- and a third level - "and in the darkness bind them" Can use the ring to transfix the transported target by use of shadows, momentarily stunning or immobilizing them.

Note: mostly for fun, but I like the first part the most. <.<

Artifact 7: A shop-keeper's delivery cart
    Makes it possible for a shopkeeper to add things to the cart, price them and have them delivered to their stockroom without the need to go there themselves. Includes commands such as adding things to the shop cache. The cart should only be able to take a few things at a time, and takes balance to load. Can -not- be used inside another stockroom.
    Edited to add: Makes it possible to see the inventory list of your shop's stockroom and cache, so you know if you have to pick up some things before running over there.

Artifact 8: A venantium doorbell
    Allows the owner to RING BELL <person> to request being transported to their haven without them having to leave it and pick you up. Has the normal requirements of going to one's own haven. Also works from one haven room to another, but requires the request to be answered teleportation to work.

IllikaalTenshyo
  • 1. A fisherman's kitbag: Works like a weaponbelt, but for fishing rods instead of weapons! Lets those fishers who maintain multiple rods be able to swap between their rods with a reduced balance cost similar to that of the Weaponbelt, but is slung against the back.

2. a utility belt of pouches: Similar to a weaponbelt, lets the wearer store various non-weapons, single-handed wielding items in it to be quick-wielded. Useful for those who want to store eye-sigils for quick use, or for those with a minipet ball they wanna be able to wield on the fly to play with their pets!
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • edited August 2016
    1) a brawlers instruction manual:
    Allows the owner to READ MANUAL <<class>>, letting the owner use the read class for one hour at tri-trans. Subject to tether restrictions and normal 12 hour class cooldown without the ability to reduce. (Can only be used by the Marked owner.)

^^ Would give individuals to try out a class for a little while to see if they were actually interested in it. Could be subject to various other restrictions. Possibly used as a consumable

2) a stylists manuscript:
    Allows the owner to STUDY <<style>> <<class>>. For the next 1 to 2 hours, the owners attacks will be of the studied style.

Subject to current style scroll limitations and class restrictions.

^^ Would allow people to give a style a test run to see if the would be keen on making a further purchase of the scroll. Could be a consumable.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Tenshyo said:
    1) a brawlers instruction manual: Allows the owner to READ MANUAL <>, letting the owner use the read class for one hour at tri-trans. Subject to tether restrictions and normal 12 hour class cooldown without the ability to reduce. (Can only be used by the Marked owner.) ^^ Would give individuals to try out a class for a little while to see if they were actually interested in it. Could be subject to various other restrictions. Possibly used as a consumable 2) a stylists manuscript: Allows the owner to STUDY <

Technically number 1 is possible unless they've disabled the ylem feature for the arenas. Every city has it at this point I think and it has no restrictions beyond certain item elements being bugged (like needing kennel for Carnifex, clay for Teradrim golem, etc.)

I forgot the command though... It's like SPAR CLASSCHANGE TARGET CLASS.

It's how I added a lot of defenses to my system for opposite tether classes without having to tritrans alts.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited September 2016
    Unsure if this is still going, but:

a mantle of piety (avatar power) - When activated (or worn), this will cause the owner to have their appearance altered as if the AVATAR power of their respective diety was activated and will not fade until the power is off or item is removed.

a portable liar's dice table - self-explanatory.