I remember...

Comments

• Elie said:

I remember when @Atrapoema was a tiny Teradrim and I made fun of him for supposedly having big muscley arms and nothing else.

First time seeing this. That definitely wasn't me. I've never been in the Teradrim guild (only had the class before I quit back in 2013), nor had a desc like this. Weird.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    IrememberwhenimauledAtrapoematodeathandthenhiswifecameandkickedmyunicornsrightafter
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AtrapoemaHaven
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I remember beating Illidan at Farkle.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TragerAtrapoemaHavenIllikaal
  • Illidan said:

IrememberwhenimauledAtrapoematodeathandthenhiswifecameandkickedmyunicornsrightafter

Yah, it only took someone else's artis for you to finally achieve it. :p
  • I remember needing to drink blood.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I remember the first time my character stood in front of a Divine and I felt like my own hands were shaking from excitement. It was a huge moment for my character and it meant a lot.

I remember punching out aliases for every herb when curing in a fight.

I also remember holding lessons in curing and how to achieve a venomlock and how to get out of it. One time, the guildmate I showed it on had forgotten to restock on epidermal and I ended up killing him.

I remember @Hadoryu before the desk.

I remember beating @Kylan in an Arena fight back when he was -the- monk fighter. Only one time though.

As @Benedicto said, being so involved in the game that every little guild test or city task or whatever feels incredibly important and very serious. I miss that. I've found that enthusiasm again now and then and it's a shame when it sort of goes away.

Hadoryu
    I remember the first time I got PK'd. It was my second or third day on Aetolia while I was standing around in Duiran. Resiak, Xarian, and Cambion rolled up on me, killed Gillbert who was in the middle of giving me reading assignments. Then i'm like OH MY GOSH HE WAS MY SENPAI and then Cambion randomly vivisected me.

I remember the first raid defense I participated in. I had only learned up to Wolverine as a baby Druid, and I was Clawing some random Infernal's falcon >_>

I remember the second attempt of that very same raid I switched to...whatever bird morph it was and was swooping people for a whopping 300 damage or so.

I remember incinerate killing Acino during a raid defense, and then he proceeded to PK me like 4 times after that while i was out hunting. I had literally 0 concept of what griefing or issuing was at the time.

I remember getting sweaty palms and shaking like hell anytime I got into a fight and it was time to PK.

I remember getting so frustrated with Druid and not being able to kill anyone who could straight up tank the damage while everyone was crying about how mad OP druids were I was about to drop the class. The only reason I held onto it was because I was the only guy around participating in combat.

I remember when I first started to get good at PK and people kept on trying to attack me while underestimating me. This was around the time Sryaen invented his little Druid Destruction Corp thing and I was wrecking anyone who came at me. It felt really empowering.

I remember when multiclassing came out and Lanira taught me how to lycan. 2 weeks later I 1v4'd Kaeus, Tralendar, Mazzion and Cariv due to the simple fact that none of their systems dealt with hidden disrupt howls well at all and mostly just stood there while I slowly killed them.

I remember during one of the grand BL+Spines raids of Enorian during the late hours of the night, Edhain, Aevon, and myself 3v13'd and won. Twice. I recall Feichin being the only one to make it out alive. The only reason we pulled it off was because of the horrid server lag that was happening back then during huge teamfights back then, and again, people not accounting for hidden disrupt roars and standing there helplessly. They didn't come back after that.

I remember getting cursed for a week over something that I didn't do - being that it was quite literally impossible for me to do it at the time.

I remember the first time I got shrubbed and Isto found me and beheaded me.

I remember the time I went to war with the Infernals guild by myself when it was Haven, Nicci, Missari, and Atra. It was a losing battle because this was before I asked for Gorilla's maul to be changed to blunt damage instead of cutting. The very reason I made the request was due to that war, being that Putrefaction + Fullplate meant you were essentially healing anytime you took cutting damage.

I remember the first time I beat Clouser, which was funny because the only 2 classes I had at the time were hard countered by cabalist. It was such a satisfying victory, because it should have been theoretically impossible or close to it in the very least.

I remember when I was single handedly trying to defend Duiran from a raid while like 16 Duiranites were online and like half of them were doing pregnant RP while the other half were just the whiny noncom type and it was probably the most irritating and infuriating moment in my Aetolia career.

I remember killing everyone in Duiran just to prove a point on how useless everyone was to defend the city. In fact it took them a good 5 hours before someone figured out "Oh hey we can just enemy him and let the guards take care of it."

I remember accidentally walking in on a threesome. But I mean, it was Duiran.

I remember the time Edhain had Illidan chained up to a post at Four Corners and publicly whipped like a runaway slave.

I remember the Desian jaw story.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    HavenXeniaJensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I remember the first time I was benandanti I unenemied you to help me in a raid defense and the council made me renemy you after
    Illikaal
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I remember Chakrasul's pet bunny.

Jensen
  • I remember the Atabahi's hatred of snugglies.

I remember my character taking a blood oath that he himself wanted to perform, even though it was not even a thing for the atabahi pack.

...I don't really remember much else. After that, my enjoyment of the game went downhill because someone decided he didn't like me or my character, and decided ultimately to make my life a hell trying to play the game. So I ended up quitting after a while, going to some of the other games.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • I remember when the game actually had people playing it.

I remember making my first vampire and having other vampires trying to get me to choose them as their Sire.

I remember when there were actually things to do in the game.

I remember when Abhorash actually showed up on a consistent basis and how people fought to appease him.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

On the I remember scale, Abhorash is pretty recent
    I remember needing to eat and sleep.
  • I remember the Ankyrean Archives..

I'm sad that it's gone. I used to love reading through there.. was a good saturday night reading how people shitposted at each other and kind of just dumped the toxicity there..

..I forget. WHY did we stop supporting it? Wasn't Aetolia better for having a dumping ground for that stuff?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Xandren said:
    I remember the Ankyrean Archives.. I'm sad that it's gone. I used to love reading through there.. was a good saturday night reading how people shitposted at each other and kind of just dumped the toxicity there.. ..I forget. WHY did we stop supporting it? Wasn't Aetolia better for having a dumping ground for that stuff?
    It flowed back into the game, especially the sex logs
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It was already kinda a dying thing even when I started playing there was hardly any new stuff on it after that I guess it was just lack of interest plus whoever was hosting it just didn't want to keep it up.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited July 2016
    I lurk from time to time, so I figure I'll post some of the things that I remember:

I remember when Sir Francis Hoss was a legend for both Enorian and Duiran.

I remember when @Edhain would get drunk as the Vanguard, go streaking in Enorian, and then we all had to clean up his mess.

I remember PK'ing for the first time as a Sentinel, despite having no intention to do so initially in Aetolia, but only because I kept repeatedly getting hounded while bashing.

I remember that point in time when Duiran was transforming from a laughing stock to a well-respected juggernaut that triggered Loch to wardec us to try to styme us from growing.

I remember when @Benedicto coined the term Team Crotchstomp.

I remember when there were serious discussions about just letting Saarlamen/Sintor be the only liaison because of his good ideas/impartial mindset.

I remember accidentally buying spiked heels on Seir because I thought they were something else and then having Seir get all straightfaced about wearing them for traction and comfort in rocky terrain.

I remember when @Nuana and @Raum were having a romantic trist that involved @Raum punching @Nuana in the face.

I remember @Devin doing a roleplay event that lead to Seir becoming a Lycanthrope

I remember the roleplay event with @Ishin that lead to Seir gaining the Syssin profession and @Ishin losing a finger to the Syssin in response

I remember the roleplay event where @Omei tortured Seir for awhile and shaped him into a weapon that She wanted. Probably the most interesting Divine interaction that I had in my 14~ year career in IRE. Omei remains my favorite God concept ever mostly due to her "dark side" spirit side presence.

I remember the "Turtle Soup" incident in Duiran thanks to @Ishin. No context required.

I remember how much drama there was when going from Enorian to Duiran just because Seir was a Wolf Lycanthrope.

I remember @Missari being a happy little ball of murderous sunshine.

I remember when @Devin was trying to be a drill instructor to the Durdali troops before we went to war. Something about a small Yeleni trying to intimidate a bunch of big vine/rock golems made me laugh.

I remember the bug that caused a massive amount of bees to be in a room.

I remember when Duiran, Enorian, and Spinesreach orchestrated one of the greatest political backstabbings ever.

I remember when we had complete creative control over future concepts for the Sentinels, paving the groundwork for the new ancestral worship, Dhuriv fighting styles, the Sacraments, and how important it was for a Sentinel to craft their first dhurive.

I remember that no one cared who I was until I put on the mask. Actually, no. They still didn't care.
    BenedictoEmelle
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Seir said:

I lurk from time to time, so I figure I'll post some of the things that I remember:

Ah how I did lol at remembering this. Didn't we have an emote for it as well?
    Benedicto said:

Seir said:

Ah how I did lol at remembering this. Didn't we have an emote for it as well?
    Yes. It basically involved ganks against certain people revolving around stomping on their corpse's groin repeatedly.
    Benedicto
    edited July 2016
    Oops. Wrong post.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I remember a few bee.
    SeirSaturnine
    Alas, Sir Francis Hoss. Gone but not forgotten.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited July 2016
    Jensen said:

It flowed back into the game, especially the sex logs
    The site with the sex logs was a separate thing. It looks like that one is still up.
    Mudprwns still is but I remember quite a few were still posted to character pages.  Rel and Ros come to mind
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    l o l
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I was scarred for life halfway into it. No one should have to go through that!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Sarita said:

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I was scarred for life halfway into it. No one Everyone should have to go through that!

ftfy
  • I remember Alcor and Zephy, believing in the good of the Paladins and the evil of the Infernals.

I remember Murad being the only rogue paladin, his name and transgressions only ever whispered of in the guild; the shock and awe I felt when I met him and he didn't kill us.

I remember Serram forging me a 98/75 fieldplate.

I remember Aren kicking my ass in the arena as I was manually typing out 'outc bloodroot, 'eat bloodroot' at finger-breaking speed. Consequently, I remember being told what a 'system' was and being offered to buy one.

I remember feeling so very small and awed by all these powerful, distinguished people. Me? Talk to the SULTAN of SHALLAM? Nonsense, Iereas is way too important.

I remember interpreting pure mechanical cruft like praying at a landmark into a powerful narrative, my yet naive perception of the game filling in the blanks with fantasy.
    IraeHaven
  • @Arbre, @Nuana

I remember when things were about to get complicated.
    I remember almost failing the first tutorial because I typed all the commands in capital letters, and sometimes that meant that didn't work. I would have given up if it weren't for the fact that I was playing with some other friends from school who explained that one.

I remember going ratting in Ashtan and dying quickly because I didn't know I had to watch my health and heal myself.

I remember doing my very first set of newbie requirements in the order they were listed in the help guildnovices file (that was a pre-orghelp thing.) They listed the level requirement before the skills, so naturally I kicked my way there instead of learning the bashing skill and using that.

I remember learning all my lessons one at a time because I couldn't afford myrrh (before being able to learn multiple lessons at a time existed.)

I was a pretty bad newbie.
    XeniaHaven