That Other Video Game Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• Serrice said:

No wonder he took the bow from the kid, it shoots goddamn lightning bolts.

I'd wondered why he wasn't more perturbed after taking an arrow to the knee shoulder, since apparently the bow shoots lightning.

Also, that'd make it twice as useful for hunting. Kill and cook your food with a single shot!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Serrice said:

How long until Kratos murders this son? He scared the deer off, almost died, missed shooting the troll and shot his father, and then couldn't kill the deer without his father's help.

Trager
  • edited June 2016
    Hadrak said:

Serrice said:

How long until Kratos murders this son? He scared the deer off, almost died, missed shooting the troll and shot his father, and then couldn't kill the deer without his father's help.
    No, no, no.

The son dies horribly, killed by a norse God 'cause they're a bunch of unicorns, prompting Kratos' vengeance fueled Odin-killing murder spree, using his son's lightning throwing bow as one of the god-killing murder weapons. You've already got ice-axe, so lightning-bow seems like a lovely elementally themed weapon progression.
    Apparently the story is 'Kratos teaches his son how to be a god, his son teaches him how to be human'. Entire game sounds rad as hell.

• edited June 2016
    Oh. Well, I have to say, something a bit different to his last three (four?) revenge sprees will make for a refreshing change.

So, bring it on, I say!
    I'm secretly really sad that this E3 was pretty good with the camera, audio, and general presentations. I miss the trainwrecks of yore--Konami's panel in 2010 was a thing of beauty and horror. Maybe Gamescom will deliver in August!

God, I love it.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Hadrak - I'm personally hella looking forward to Dishonored 2 as well, and that game Horizon Zero or whatever makes me reeeeally wish I had a PS4 to play it on. I'm also super looking forward to Skyrim on Xbone with mods. Super super excited. @Sollace is too :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    My games of the show were Dishonored 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and God of War with THE LAST GUARDIAN hovering in the background with arms spread wide ever since I wanted it in 2009. Goddamn I am so glad it's coming out finally. Pretty lowkey E3 overall, but a lot of neat stuff too.

In that same vein, I'm so hyped for the Final Fantasy XII remaster. I can't give up Ivalice/Vagrant Story--it's one of my favorite settings.

God, I just love seeing that art in HD. XII's legitimately aged the best for me over the years and getting to go back to such an amazing game is just--idk. I'm so happy to go back to it. This amazing article talking about the localization and dub work is fantastic. It's absolutely astounding how much they put into this game.

AtrapoemaFeirenz
  • edited June 2016
    ehhh....

come get me when THIS comes out:

edit: Yes, this is considered confirmed by Squeenix, it was found in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Go find it, it's in one of the offices.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't think they're skipping to final fantasy twenty seven Xandren.
    Atrapoema
  • Aishia said:

I don't think they're skipping to final fantasy twenty seven Xandren.

oh, they aren't. It's confirmed for 2027, but I suspect Delays will be happening.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Well, they'd have to essentially put out an FF a year to reach a 2027 deadline with FF27. Even if they've confirmed it (which I've never heard), it's not happening. Just look at how long game development, especially in SE's arena, is taking these days. It's simply not realistic.

Getting more and more excited for this release!

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    If anyone has ever played video games with me, they'd know I was the naked guy.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I guess this counts as an OTHER video game... a colleague made me play this because text-based games somehow came up in our little cubicle-area...

http://tinyurl.com/bn6r5c3

I had to turn it into a tinyurl because there is a bad word in the name. I hurt my side from laughing so hard... oiy vey. It's probably been shared here before, but dang...
    God I love it when companies do ARGs. I can't solve them for anything, but they sure are fun to watch.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

• edited December 2017
    I discovered this and clearly everyone else is interested.

Zaila
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    "YOU DIED"

Accurate.
    ZailaXenia
  • Arbre said:

"YOU DIED"

Accurate.

Listen, the spooky thing is she reads like Xenia reads, explores like Xenia explores, and hunts like she does!

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    @Osmond I still haven't gotten past the tutorial of Amnesia. But some day soon, I will give it a try again. For now, I am playing Division. :D
  • I've been playing Albino Lullaby and it is so delightfully *weird*.