Lore questions.

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ah Richard Butt.
  • I would imagine that coin denominations probably top out in the thousand range or so, if we're accepting that different denominations exist to begin with. Otherwise I figured that your average gold sovereign was about quarter-size, perhaps a slight bit thicker. Who mints them? Esterport? Would there be newer Esterport designs and older Delosian ones that might have a bit more worth following the War of Night?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    hey I remember when each individual coin was an item you could WHIP at people and stuff :(
  • Been chattering about the Disfigurement affliction, and decided on an RP level that it basically is akin to a glasglow smile. Now, I originally thought to go for "Ashtani Smile", but some have mentioned that it might be better to call it the Huanazedha smile.

Would that name be more appropriate?

...and would that actually be a thing?

P.S. If you don't know what a Glasglow Smile is, don't look it up, I'll tell you: the Heath Ledger Joker has one. There, I just saved those of you who are squeamish from looking up open wounds that aren't pretty, and would likely scar you mentally. Not as bad as a certain OTHER thing.. but still.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Xandren said:

Been chattering about the Disfigurement affliction, and decided on an RP level that it basically is akin to a glasglow smile. Now, I originally thought to go for "Ashtani Smile", but some have mentioned that it might be better to call it the Huanazedha smile.

Would that name be more appropriate?

...and would that actually be a thing?

P.S. If you don't know what a Glasglow Smile is, don't look it up, I'll tell you: the Heath Ledger Joker has one. There, I just saved those of you who are squeamish from looking up open wounds that aren't pretty, and would likely scar you mentally. Not as bad as a certain OTHER thing.. but still.

I believe it can also be referred to a Chelsea Grin.

As far as the disfigurement affliction goes, I've always thought of it as a catchall term for more than one sort of damage to the face, depending on how it's been delivered. Back when Shapeshifters could deliver it I imagined it as basically clawing their face to bits until you can no longer recognise them, but monkshood was more like the stinging jinx that Harry gets hit with in the Deathly Hallows (part 1).
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Another question: @Omei (and maybe @Hearn) are both divines of beasts/hunters/animals... are there any divines of Plants?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    @Hadrak would need to verify, but Lleis was the goddess of growing things, spring, renewal, etc, so commonly associated with plants. She sacrificed Herself into Dendara, the spirit world of animals (animals go to Dendara while sentients go to the Underhalls), when it was plagued and sickened, in order to cleanse it.

To note, @Omei and @Haern are associated with beast and hunters in very different ways, as well. Haern is associated with Dendara and is its caretaker, while Omei's more the predator and paranoia that is both self-crippling as well as a survival mechanism for sentients - they're tools for visions and lessons, much as dreams are, rather than beasts as they are themselves.
    Aishia
  • @Antehe so if I wanted to do an RP event for my Yeleni ascention, I'd need to grab @Haern?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    I do not see how that relates - your Yeleni RP is your Yeleni RP. If you mean seeking a God to instill you with the essence, then you'd need to talk to the god you want to instill you with the essence, and see if they are willing. Typically they only do this if you're converting from Azudim to Yeleni or the reverse, or ripping it entirely if you wish to become an Idreth from the others.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited June 2016
    I miss the good old days when you couldn't choose to become Yeleni or Azudim without the assistance of a Divine. I would love for it to be returned to that. People have the option of ascending to Idreth anyway. Why take away the whole essence being given by Divine to form the other two?

Also, some Divine assist in ascending from Tekal, though perhaps not all. What you need to do is approach the Divine of your choice and see if they are willing to assist. You might not end up getting help from the one you wish, but since it is RP, that just makes it more interesting. The reason I love this is because it adds dimension to the character, gives you something to build from, which enriches the game.

EmelleArbreBenedictoFyrren
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    From what I gather after reading Antehe's post, it's still possible to have the whole divine essence being instilled into you bit to happen.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    -Think- she's saying she wishes you couldn't NOT go through a god if you go a divine essence (not Idreth) route.
    imageimage
    To clarify: Nowadays one doesn't have to approach a Divine to become Yeleni or Azudim, but it is -possible- do that, IF they feel the inclination and have the time to do so.

I wish one -HAD- to go to a Divine to become either Yeleni or Azudim, as those two forms are all about essence. Otherwise you can just choose Idreth, which is about self-ascension.

Arbre
  • That would be cool, but you're assuming all those volunteers have time. Then you're balancing login times and availability and what you get is the potential for people to wait days or even weeks just to get endgame.

AtrapoemaShachalaiDraiman
    edited June 2016
    @Rashar: They don't -have- to choose Yeleni or Azudim though. They can just as well pick Idreth, since there's little or no difference between them when it comes to skills as far as I know. All that was altered.

• What if their chosen god is inactive? Should they have to abandon their RP and choose Idreth or stay Tekal until someone fills the role? There's a reason we made it a self-sufficient system, and it was to the benefit of all.
    SolariaDraiman
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Atrapoema said:

What if their chosen god is inactive? Should they have to abandon their RP and choose Idreth or stay Tekal until someone fills the role? There's a reason we made it a self-sufficient system, and it was to the benefit of all.

This is why so many people want an easier system to switch between the races, since so many gods can be inactive at any given time. Or, it can be hard to meet up with the ones that are active.

Sometimes, mechanics/gameplay/game enjoyment trump RP.

Atrapoema
  • Yah, endgame races still need an easy reincarnation route that doesn't involve volunteers.
    DraimanSarita
    Atrapoema said:

What if their chosen god is inactive? Should they have to abandon their RP and choose Idreth or stay Tekal until someone fills the role? There's a reason we made it a self-sufficient system, and it was to the benefit of all.

If their chosen Divine is inactive, they still can't get that RP, so what RP is there to abandon? They could still play it out as transcending themselves, becoming Idreth but not feel complete without that final piece that would turn them into one of the other races. My character decided to approach a different Divine because her chosen Divine was inactive. I simply altered my RP to fit with the situation.

If the two races had continued to be tied to Divine essence, no one would go in aiming for one or the other without knowing there would be a potential to have to alter the route down the line because of RP or lack of Divine presence or cooperation. Are there benefits for the different races that I am unaware of? I thought they were equal, with only different names on skills and such. Is it really that necessary to make everything available to everyone all the time? Just some thoughts. It would give the other two more status, rather than just being something you get. Just look at Mazzion. He's Ankyrean. That's awesome.

AtrapoemaShachalai
  • edited June 2016
    Honestly, I could probably dissect your post piece by piece and break down why your approach is flawed, especially based on that first question, but this isn't the place for it. Suffice it to say that the decision to RP Yeleni/Azudim is in the hands of the players. If they feel they need god RP, they have that choice available to them without the hangups your desires bring to the situation. It also takes the onus off the volunteers to devote time to endgame RP that they may or may not have any interest in, especially when they're busy with other things.

Is it really that necessary to make everything available to everyone all the time?

And for the record, this is a slippery slope. It's exactly the sort of mentality that guilds used when hoarding class and trying to keep it from people they didn't feel fit in their little circles.
    Draiman
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited June 2016
    A lot of people don't want God-RP for ascension (or at all), they just want to ascend to their chosen race, even if they could snap their fingers and get the God-RP immediately without delay.

ETA: Was my understanding that they are still tied to divine essence--just not necessarily a specific divine's essence. And since Enorian has no idea whether or no/which god did my essence unless I tell them, it doesn't really prevent side-hopping either, since Azudim isn't exclusively darkside.

ETA2: Frankly, think switching between them should be hard, IMO. Especially one of the divine essence races to idreth, or idreth to the divine essence races.
    imageimage
  • I wish there was some sort of quest or something that yanked Azudim or Yeleni essence out of you, letting you choose the other one or go Idreth. It's my understanding, though, that since Idreth is kinda...different, it's a one-way change and not even a god can undo it.

• There have been instances of Gods transforming Idreth into Azudim or Yeleni. Just not vice versa, afaik.

A God can yank essence out of you and turn you back to Hollow form. After that you can Transcend self into Idreth (or something else if you feel inclined not to RP out the essence part).

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee

Xenia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I HAVE A REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION.

Which races do you think are incapable of producing offspring together? Noticed we don't see a lot of half-breed characters anymore.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Rajamala and Kelki because kitty eat fishy.
    LinKelliaraEmelleHadrakRhoynnSethTeani
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    If I recall correctly, half breeds aren't really a thing in the sense of half-elves or half-orcs from other games/mythos. You are one race or another, though may have a few lingering characteristics (like more pointy ears or less angular faces, but still within the constraints of the actual race). I used to relate it to Lord of the Rings with the elves, in that mixed parentage resulted in either one or the other (be it random lottery deciding, or the self deciding at birth on some subconscious level).

Ascended forms are much more of a free-for-all, as opposed to the typical mortal races.
    Teani
  • What's the highest point in Sapience? (Including structures)
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.