Benedicto

Comments

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I'm glad you're back! Sad that I'm playing an alt more, but hopefully we'll bump into each other at some point soon.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Solaria said:
    I'm glad you're back! Sad that I'm playing an alt more, but hopefully we'll bump into each other at some point soon.

I'm not sad. Just sayin'.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    So there's been some stuff going on see;

Along with dozens of other interactions with other folks. Some of which will have logs posted in the future!

Thoughts?
  • 100% of the two interactions I've had with you were awesome, and I sincerely wish I could have more. It's a sad fact that I can't get good RP with a dude in this game to save my fucking life, and I sort of thought you were going to break that cycle, heh.

OOCly, I think your only flaw is that you don't log on. And you're a big fat grump.

ICly, Rashar thinks Bene is living in the past, is a big fat grump, and is sort of self conscious about the fact that Bene was so awesome for so long before he was alive and such.

Also, you're a big fat grump.

But kind of an awesome one.
    BenedictoPiperEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What can I say - I love every interaction we have. One of my absolute favorite people in Aet, both IC and OOC. Getting our schedules to mesh can be tricky, but when it does, I am always happy for it :)
    Benedicto
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I really love reading through the logs that you've been throwing up. I, truthfully, have always wanted more RP interaction with you - but it just hasn't work out. Hopefully someday, though! I look forward to seeing what goes on further with this line of roleplay. It's going to be tough for Bene, but I'm sure you'll enjoy jumping down the rabbit hole of exploration. :)

Benedicto
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited April 2014
    Man, I love RPing with you. You play Benedicto's character so convincingly, your emotes are always expressive and often funny, you have an admirable attention to detail and the flow of a scene, and you can turn the tenor of an interaction on a dime in a way that's surprising, but feels completely natural. The friendship Emelle and Bene have is one of my favorite dynamics -- Emelle isn't especially affectionate and doesn't have a whole lot of friends, but she cares deeply for Benedicto in a way that surprises even me, sometimes.

I've been really enjoying following Bene's latest exploits, even if mostly from a distance. I hope the major changes unfolding in both of their lives won't prevent us from continuing to interact.

So much <3
    Benedicto
  • He makes me feel impoooortaaaant.
    <3 ^.^
    BenedictoTrager
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I love that we always seem to pick up wherever we left off, and the adorable/awkward vibe that has somehow persisted through -- wow, at this point, years of RP. Benedicto is one of the very small handful of people Emelle is actually fond of, and that's saying something. You always manage to make both of us laugh with your writing, and effectively play with both intensity and comedy in a way that comes across as effortless.

Moar.

Stay here, this time!! <3
    BenedictoTrager
    Emelle said:

I love that we always seem to pick up wherever we left off, and the adorable/awkward vibe that has somehow persisted through -- wow, at this point, years of RP. Benedicto is one of the very small handful of people Emelle is actually fond of, and that's saying something. You always manage to make both of us laugh with your writing, and effectively play with both intensity and comedy in a way that comes across as effortless.

Moar.

Stay here, this time!! <3</p>

Aww thanks @Emelle. It's only as good as it is because of how easy you make it to RP with you! Takes two to tango!

EmelleTrager
    Bene's back, back again.

Squidwards back, tell a friend.

Bene's back, Squidwards back, Benedoodoos back, Tentacle-Face is back etc etc
    Emelle said:

I love that we always seem to pick up wherever we left off!

@Emelle, I love how true this still is.
    HavenEmelle
    I want to give this a gentle nudge. I've been back for about 6 weeks and interacted with a few people now! Feed me.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    I normally don't do this, (and if I didn't comment on your thread, don't take offense pls. I love you all) but Benedicto is a great character with a lot of history behind him. Always a pleasure to see you out and about and RPing. He's witty, well-spoken, and incredibly charming.

BenedictoEmelleXenia
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Oh Lordy.
    Benedicto
    Hadrak said:

I normally don't do this, (and if I didn't comment on your thread, don't take offense pls. I love you all) but Benedicto is a great character with a lot of history behind him. Always a pleasure to see you out and about and RPing. He's witty, well-spoken, and incredibly charming.

I'm absolutely flattered. Thank you so much @Hadrak

/slips him $50
    /shiftyeyes
    Zaila said:

Oh Lordy.

That's what all the girls say?
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I'm just going to echo what I've said and what others have said before: you're an awesome RPer.

We don't get many chances to interact because of time differences (and your damn hood >.> ), but what few chances we get are always fun and interesting. It also seems like Phoe and Bene's dynamic changes ever so slightly every time they meet, and it's fun to look back at how they've gone from mere acquaintances serving in the same order to close friends.

On the technical side of things, your emotes are wonderful and well written. I love how well Bene's personality comes through, and your ability to play humor and drama - sometimes even within the same scene - without going over the top. I also have to say that Bene's one of the few people that I have been consistently blindsided by (in a good way), and yet it still falls in line with his character.

Good fun all around!
    BenedictoHadrakEmelle
    Phoenecia said:

I'm just going to echo what I've said and what others have said before: you're an awesome RPer.

We don't get many chances to interact because of time differences (and your damn hood >.> ), but what few chances we get are always fun and interesting. It also seems like Phoe and Bene's dynamic changes ever so slightly every time they meet, and it's fun to look back at how they've gone from mere acquaintances serving in the same order to close friends.

On the technical side of things, your emotes are wonderful and well written. I love how well Bene's personality comes through, and your ability to play humor and drama - sometimes even within the same scene - without going over the top. I also have to say that Bene's one of the few people that I have been consistently blindsided by (in a good way), and yet it still falls in line with his character.

Good fun all around!

I really appreciate that @Phoenecia, thank you so much.

Their relationship has covered essentially every base and she has been quite an important player in a lot of Bene's more recent history. I've no doubt that she'll continue to have the same level of relevance in the future too.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Testincular, Testencular. However I feel like spelling it on a given day >.>

I probably can't say enough how pleasantly surprised I was that you ACTUALLY started RPing with me after I harangued you upon your recent return. I really wish I still had the tell he sent Zaila upon seeing her in Enorian, because it was just hilarious out of nowhere. It is absolutely delightful to RP with someone so willing to seem realistic in an imperfect way. Instead of coming off as always smooth, suave, diplomatic and unflustered, you're willing to make him also awkward, stiff, blunt, crude and come across as a fish out of water (all puns intended).

Aside from just being good at writing, you do a great job of getting the tone and mood of a scene - whether it is goofy or more serious - and going with the flow of them without it ever feeling like you're overacting or forcing out a resolution: you seem very versatile and it's great!

If my frequent pestering didn't already make it clear, I am tremendously enjoying Zaila and Benedicto getting to know each other better: especially at such a strange time for Zaila's head space - making the family history even more significant to her. Basically, you're great, I hope you're able to stick around awhile and I'm always excited when I see you're around, cause even if they just trade tells, it's always a good time!

I maybe felt slightly obligated to post here, since I teased your shameless signature after you left such a delightfully flattering esteem!
    BenedictoHavenElliana
  • While personally I haven't gotten as much interaction as I would like with Bene, I have to sa the brief conversations have always been a pure delight. He took it as a challenge I think when Elli called him out, and when he knew she was right, the shut up comment made me laugh in real life. I think that there is so much to Bene, but he just never has time to make to talk, given all the awesome.

I truly hope this changes, I would love to get to know him as well as some of the others posting these wonderful affirmations.
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    Benedicto
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I got this weird angle on this one, like, Benedico is essentially Aishia's husband's best friend. I always feel like a third wheel when he comes around, but that seems pretty organic to the role of "Wife when bros are around."There's all these meaningful manly looks, and hand clasps and forceful hugs and I'm just standing there smiling sweetly like "ack what do I do" but it gives a sidelong glance into an aspect of both characters that I find pretty compelling.
    BenedictoZailaHavenValingarLinEmelleMoxie
    @Elliana - You just need to drop me a tell. I'll always at least response to a tell! Due to my usually short window for playing, it basically ends up being a "first come, first served" sort of scenario which @Nola can attest to.

Poor @Aishia! You really do get the end of the bro-stick when he's with @Valingar. Bros for lyfe!

NolaHavenValingar
  • Thanks for my absolutely terrible puns in our side conversations today. I'm looking forward to actually sitting down and seeing our two characters interact in-person, rather than just in tells.
    Benedicto
  • i love benedicto a lot, like, for real. he puts up with vyx making really dumb fish jokes and splashing water at him, and he's also good for those times you just gotta get down to Serious Business. today, however, i was forced to wonder: do i love him too much?

bene... we need to talk.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

BenedictoZailaSibatti
    Vyxsis said:

i love benedicto a lot, like, for real. he puts up with vyx making really dumb fish jokes and splashing water at him, and he's also good for those times you just gotta get down to Serious Business. today, however, i was forced to wonder: do i love him too much?

bene... we need to talk.
    I really hope this is a thing now.

On a more serious note, thank you. We've only really scratched the surface of Vyx and Bene's relationship and I'm interested to see how it develops!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    There's something about Benedicto that I don't get to see very much in many other characters.

He isn't afraid to prod.

If your character hints at things, or shows up with scars or wounds, speaks around an issue, anything, Benedicto will drop what he is doing and won't be satisfied until he learns about it. And not in some nosy or accusatory way - the character's nature is patronly and good-hearted, always with sympathy. He's a character you can come to like very, very easily.

Your RP style is wonderful because you really know how to make people feel like they're noticed. Thank you for that.
    BenedictoSibattiNola
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    He came in for a punch and go. 2/10, would not eat there again.

<3

Benedicto
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    Have to update my affirmation for non-comedic effect: Very good writing style, can be short and sweet or altogether descriptive in a unique way. You've gone along with my shenanigans(Don't pistol whip me) and is a really good sport in general!

Actual grade: 10/10, I can feel the scorn through my screen.

Benedicto
    Drestyn said:

Have to update my affirmation for non-comedic effect: Very good writing style, can be short and sweet or altogether descriptive in a unique way. You've gone along with my shenanigans(Don't pistol whip me) and is a really good sport in general!

Actual grade: 10/10, I can feel the scorn through my screen.

Thanks man. I have to say that our RP was the first time in a long time where I had absolutely no idea whatsoever what the outcome was going to be. I was full on trying to come up with a plan for every eventuality. It was brilliant.
    Seir