I am Keroc AMA

Comments

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Oh god why.
  • edited April 2016
    What is your MMR in DotA2? Who is your favorite pro player and why is it EE-sama?
    Melantha says, "Just as I have earned the title of Mistress." You say, "Oh, I thought you got that other ways." You cough softly. Melantha tilts her head curiously at you. Melantha asks, "Is that something I should punch you for?" You look at Melantha and give her a sad nod. Melantha thrusts her arm out in a quick jab at you. She connects! Melantha asks, "Do try to avoid that in the future, hm?"
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    What's your favorite 90's hip hop ballad?
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

IshinKeroc
    edited April 2016
    Urial said:

What is your MMR in DotA2? Who is your favorite pro player and why is it EE-sama?

I think the highest I ever got was around 4.2k MMR, although I would usually hover around 4k. I don't really solo queue anymore though, usually end up playing with friends now which only modifies your party MMR (hovering around 3.9k right now, friends be heavy to carry).

Ugh, no way. My favorite would definitely be Merlini. He's incredibly insightful on his stream, you can really learn a lot from just watching and listening. EE is like, meme town.
    Aishia said:

What's your favorite 90's hip hop ballad?

Heh, the closest thing to a favourite would be 'I will always love you' by Whitney Housten, tends to be my go to joke song to sing although I only know the chorus. I didn't have a radio as a kid in the 90's and it was rare my family listened to anything beyond CDs or tapes in the car. My only exposure would've either been through AM radio on the after school care bus or satellite radio when I went to our farm for the holidays, neither of which played modern songs of the time.
    Keroc said:

EE is like, meme town.

IshinKerocSolariaUrial
  • Hadrak said:

Keroc said:

EE is like, meme town.

The problem with this picture is it's not EE at all... that's Chuan. GEEZE GET YOUR MEMES RIGHT
    Melantha says, "Just as I have earned the title of Mistress." You say, "Oh, I thought you got that other ways." You cough softly. Melantha tilts her head curiously at you. Melantha asks, "Is that something I should punch you for?" You look at Melantha and give her a sad nod. Melantha thrusts her arm out in a quick jab at you. She connects! Melantha asks, "Do try to avoid that in the future, hm?"
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Did you watch Smash Summit over the weekend?

Do you have a favorite smasher?

Who's your favorite Melee char?

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    EE? Earth Eternal? : D

KerocBuford
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    You found Severn's Tinder picture!
    KerocAloli
    Urial said:

The problem with this picture is it's not EE at all... that's Chuan. GEEZE GET YOUR MEMES RIGHT

Chuan devours all EEs.

Tedrunai
    Serrice said:

Did you watch Smash Summit over the weekend?

Do you have a favorite smasher?

Who's your favorite Melee char?

I did watch parts of it, although I missed top 16 or so. Nothing super crazy other then M2K 3-0'ing Armada. Pound 2016 Mango vs Hax was hella HYPE, its gonna be hard for a tournament to beat that for me.

Haha, I'm a Mango fan. Super cliche. I also like PPMD though, if only he played more.

I main Fox in Melee so he's definitely my favourite. I love options. I also have a fondness for Dr Mario and Young Link.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    What are the last few books you read!? What are you planning on reading next? What's your favorite book!?
    @Keroc Have you heard of the High Elves?

Keroc
    Aishia said:

What are the last few books you read!? What are you planning on reading next? What's your favorite book!?

The most recent books I've read would be the Mistborn trilogy and the Divergent series. Both were pretty damn decent, and I definitely loved Mistborn. Divergent struck me as a chick flick at times but it seemed worthwhile to get through. The movies are awful though.

If I ever get around it, I'll probably read the Discworld series starting with Mort. @Antehe has recommended it quite vigorously to me.

My favourite would be the Mistborn triology at the moment, although its more likely recent confirmation bias. I've read a lot of books I've really loved, but I tend to like them in different ways. My favorite book as a kid was Hobo Dog in Ghost Town though, hands down. Nothing beats Hobo Dog in Ghost Town.
    Hadrak said:

@Keroc Have you heard of the High Elves?

Oblivion bugs to an absolute T. Could not be more perfect.
    Did you cry when you finished Mistborn?

OrisaeTeani
  • a/s/l?
    DraimanEmelle
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    @keroc is 14/f/Ponyville
    EmelleReux
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited April 2016
    Keroc said:

My favourite would be the Mistborn triology at the moment.

If you liked Mistborn there's plenty more to read from Mr Sanderson. I recommend them all (Elantris, Warbreaker, Stormlight Archives), though if you start on Stormlight you'll end up waiting, like I am now. (He's 50% done with book 3). His magic systems are absolutely amazing in all the books. I love them!

Now for my question:
    - If you could go anywhere you wanted, where would you travel?

edited April 2016
    Serrice said:

Did you cry when you finished Mistborn?

Haha, nah. I felt a little sad, but the ending wasn't exactly unexpected. Plenty of time to steel yourself.
    Orisae said:

a/s/l?

14/f/cali, u? I miss MSN chat rooms.
    Teani said:

If you liked Mistborn there's plenty more to read from Mr Sanderson. I recommend them all (Elantris, Warbreaker, Stormlight Archives), though if you start on Stormlight you'll end up waiting, like I am now. (He's 50% done with book 3). His magic systems are absolutely amazing in all the books. I love them!

Now for my question:
    - If you could go anywhere you wanted, where would you travel?

I read some of the cover back blurbs on his other books when I was buying Mistborn. It sounded promising, and I thought I might check them out later on when Mistborn wasn't so fresh in my mind. Just because I didn't want to compare them as I read.

If I could go anywhere? Space is huuuuge, I would love to travel the universe and see all the whacky things it has to offer. But more realistically I think it'd probably be Japan, being able to see the sakura blossoms in bloom would be great, plus all the culture and food that goes with it. Otherwise heading to Europe to see some fantastic mountain views would be nice. Australia is a mostly flat continent so seeing hills and mountains instills a lot of awe in me. I'm very much a scenic person when I get to travel.
    TeaniIshin
  • Meh. Sanderson is mediocre at best. His only real strength as an author is that he cranks out books with machine-like regularity, but that comes at the cost of characterization, dialogue, prose quality, and plotting. His fight scenes read like those video game tutorial levels where they pause the action every 5 seconds to explain mechanics.
    AishiaXandrenTragerTeani
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Vaskar said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

You shut your whorish mouth!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• edited April 2016
    Calm down, people.

Let's not get carried away, and keep this on point by asking @Keroc questions ranging from interesting to silly.

I'm going to ask the later.

Marvel or DC?

Edit: KEEP IN MIND THERE IS A WRONG ANSWER!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    How much do you like/dislike Leffen?

Do you think Swedes are a superior breed?

Kelliara said:

Marvel or DC?

Edit: KEEP IN MIND THERE IS A WRONG ANSWER!

Hmm... Overall? Marvel for sure. I think they have deeper characters and more interesting villains. Batman might be the only hero I truly like on the DC side. How can you hate a scientist that can breathe in space.
    Serrice said:

How much do you like/dislike Leffen?

Do you think Swedes are a superior breed?

I like Leffen, I think every scene needs a villain. Aetolia included. In all honestly though he doesn't even really seem like much of a butt as people have made him out to be. Might be different if you go back in time to when he was still newish to the scene, but he seems relatively chill.

I'm still waiting for the one true Lord of Smash from Australia. Swedes got nothing on us Aussies.
    TedrunaiXenia
    Vaskar said:

Meh. Sanderson is mediocre at best. His only real strength as an author is that he cranks out books with machine-like regularity, but that comes at the cost of characterization, dialogue, prose quality, and plotting. His fight scenes read like those video game tutorial levels where they pause the action every 5 seconds to explain mechanics.

I can agree with you in part, although not to say that I think his writing style is bad. It's why I didn't immediately jump into another series written by him, simply because I wanted some time to read though another book that wouldn't be more of the same. Totally going to read another series by him though, his mechanics for magic are really interesting and unique.
    You should def. read Elantris if you want to read more by him but don't want more Mistborn.

Nice, neat, standalone with some really cool twist and oh-my-god moments.

I can't recommend Stormlight because they so. Damn. Long.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    He really does have a thing for like "post apocalyptic fantasy worlds" Where it's like post an apocalypse IN that fantasy world.
  • I actually prefered the followup Mistborn trillogy a lot compared to the original - the writing is better, and I think because of the (arguably) narrower scope of the main characters unnatural abilities you get a lot less of the mechanics rehash. I say that as someone who actually enjoyed the original trillogy quite a bit.

Except bands of mourning, I have a lot of things that I disliked about the events of that one (I shall refrain from going on a rant).

Personally, my only very major criticism of Sanderson is that he seems incapable of killing off his characters properly lately.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    You (Magi) vs Raz (Druid), who wins?

Do you (or Razmael) remember Eumaues or the vial made in his image? 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin