Training Humbride Trolls

A few folks have asked to see the log of this and so here it is! Starring: @Kanivara, @Pjoll, Dratin and a very enthusiastic troll trainee

(Tells): Warmistress Dratin of Hubride tells you, "Ser. We have made our way to your fine Republic. I have brought one trainee with me as the others are busy rebuilding a few huts."

You tell Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "Perfect. I will meet you in the Republic and we will do training in the Keep."

(Tells): Warmistress Dratin of Hubride tells you, "Seems that Ser Kanivara has us."

You tell Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "This works."

[Making my way to the Keep]

Between the portcullises.
The skeletal remains of the various humanoids of sapience have been embedded into the walls of the tunnel-like entrance, mixed in amongst the riverstone. An iron portcullis blocks each end of the tunnel and the overhang of the keep's walls block most of the natural light. Murder-holes and machicolations line the tunnel from floor to ceiling, providing advantage for defenders of the Keep. The cobblestone ground, thick with sludge, corpses and refuge, offers a rather putrid stench that seeps into the senses of those passing by. Medeya, the Carnifex gatewarden stands here tall and imposing. Medeya, the gatewarden is a tutor.

The following members of the Carnifex are in the realm:
Member Rank Position Class
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xenia Commander of the Shadow Keep Guildmaster Carnifex
Satomi Soul Reaper Secretary Cabalist
Kanivara Headsman Novice Aide Syssin
Pjoll Soldier 2nd Class Carnifex
Vaskar Recruit Carnifex

(Tells): You tell Pjoll, "Soldier, Report to the Keep in the Tarean mountains, we will be conducting that training."

Clinking and clacking, the portcullis slowly rolls up and locks into place. Kanivara walks through, the portcullis crashing back down behind her.

(Tells): You tell Vaskar, "Recruit, would you care to assist in training the Hubride armed forces."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Kanivara squares her shoulders and crisply salutes you.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride gives the world a smart salute.
(Tells): Pjoll tells you, "Ah, went the wrong way! Be right there, Commander."

(Tells): You tell Pjoll, "Excellent."

(Tells): Vaskar tells you, "I'm sorry, I need to be leaving for a bit."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride glances around, taking in the surroundings, "Interesting structure.."

(Tells): You tell Vaskar, "Ah, understood."

Clinking and clacking, the portcullis slowly rolls up and locks into place. Pjoll walks through, the portcullis crashing back down behind him.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Pjoll squares his shoulders and crisply salutes you.

With a nod, a Troll Carnifex trainee says, "I like it, Warmistress."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride gives Pjoll a respectful salute.

Pjoll inclines his head politely to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride.

Pjoll says, "Greetings to you, Dratin."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "And to you. I do not believe we have met, aye?"

Frowning, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I saw too many a face recently."

Pjoll shakes his head and says, "No. I'm afraid not. I am Soldier Pjoll. A pleasure.

You have emoted: A figure shrouded by steam returns the salutes with a crisp one of her own, "Ah, I see we're all assembled for now, though others may trickle in." She nods towards Dratin, "Yes, this fort was built some time ago, I don't know the details but it has served the Carnifex well and has been a strong hold for quite some time."
Balance Used: 0.93 seconds

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride nods her head at Pjoll.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride nods her head towards you and simply smiles, "I do like the..decor. It suits you all well."

Kanivara says, "Pjoll's one of the trolls that has joined us from ... someplace that probably isn't Three Widows."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Might need to do something similar when I improve my hut."

Comprehension flashes across Warmistress Dratin of Hubride's face.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Always good to meet fellow kin, even if they are distant. We are all still kin."

You have emoted: A figure shrouded by steam nods slowly, "Yes, there is no hints as to what we build our strength on," she comments on the architecture, "though our training would likely be best in a much more--" she sweeps out her halberd, indicating the confinement of the tunnel, "open space."

Kanivara says to you, "To the courtyard then, Commander?"

You say, "The Trainint yard, yes."

Pjoll follows you to the west.

Pjoll follows you to the north.

A shadowy training yard.
Almost perpetually cast in the shadow of the Keep's watchtower, this training yard is a gloomy space. Broad and rectangular, it is little more than a packed earth field, covered in a meticulously-raked layer of sawdust to soak up any blood which may be spilled. A large gnarled tree, long dead and preserved from the dry cold of the mountains, oversees the sparring like an ancient knight recalling his glory days. As the Carnifex would treat such a knight, the guild appears to only tolerate its continued presence due to some modicum of use: punching bags and target circles hang from its skeletal branches, while padded leather has been wrapped around the trunk to create a crude sort of sparring pell for the trainees to hack at. Steel mountings for weapons, torches, and armour ring the yard with a row of wooden benches set against the north, east and west walls, offering a promise of respite to the Initiates at training. The occasional clang from the forge to the west sometimes rises above the clash of combat here, while the air is heavy with the pungent smells of blood, sweat, and dirt. Casting a perpetually chilly blue glow over the entire area, an immense, faceted stone hangs suspended in the air to the north of the yard. A long, shallow basin sits below it, its basalt contours stained a deep shade of rusty brown. The pathway to the recruits' barracks winds past the gem, giving new members of the Carnifex a constant, grim reminder of the Keep's mastery of captured souls. A four-legged beast from hell stands here. There are 5 tall, gaunt Nazetu knights here. A withered houndswood tree is rooted here, wrapped in leather padding to serve as a crude practice pell. Suspended midair, an immense, multi-faceted soulstone is here, pulsating blue motes skittering beneath its surface. There are 5 swarthy Goblin knights here. Pjoll is here. He wields a bardiche in his hands. A murky darkness has settled in here.

Polearm in hand, a Troll Carnifex wanders in from the south.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride points towards the trainee and states, "I did some research while we were planning. Wanted to impress you by having our forgemaster create our first polearm."

You have emoted: Xenia stands beside a pulsing soulstone, arms crossed as she watches the short parade of entry, taking note of the polearms wielded. "So I see you all did adopt the polearms, I was wondering if you'd prefer that route or bludgeons like a warhammer."

A Troll Carnifex trainee thrusts the weapon infront of her in pride, "Bernar made it fresh a few days ago."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Warhammer?"

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride tilts her head curiously.

You have emoted: Xenia takes a step forward, inspecting the polearm closely. "This is fine forging, I like how the blade has been tapered off just so--" she indicates the edge of the blade, "will make for a nasty skewer."

You have emoted: Xenia nods towards Dratin, "Yes, Soldier--" her green eyes drift to Pjoll, "Demonstrate to the Hubride our methods with a warhammer."

A Troll Carnifex trainee nods her head with pride, settling the polearm in a way that it can rest partially against her shoulder. She then takes a step back.

Pjoll says, "Yes, Commander."

You have emoted: Xenia's chin juts towards a skeletal houndswood training tree, "The tree here will make for a good object of practice."

Pjoll ceases to wield a bardiche, securing it to his weaponbelt.

Pjoll uses Wield.
Pjoll pulls a blackened warhammer from his weaponbelt fluidly.
Pjoll starts to wield a blackened warhammer in his hands.

Pjoll uses Savagery Doublebash on a skeletal houndswood training tree.
Pjoll powerfully swings a blackened warhammer down upon a skeletal houndswood training tree and pulls back with ease, readying a second blow.
Pjoll sends a skeletal houndswood training tree reeling with a mighty strike from a blackened warhammer.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride blinks.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Very..brutal.."

Grinning slyly, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I may have to take up one of those personally.."

Kanivara says, "They're a lot of fun. I smashed a few Atav in the face with my hammer."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Kanivara.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I'm sure they looked far better with a destroyed face."

Kanivara laughingly says, "Marginally."

"You'll notice the technique there," Xenia points out as the soldier's attack arcs out in a bash from one direction, circling about to collide again in a second. "The doublebash is not only a heavy hit, but when aimed at an opponent's limbs, you can achieve breaks which inhibit them as well."

(Tells): You tell Ouzu, "I am busy at the moment, write a letter addressed to Ser Jura. She will determine your fate on whether you will be granted re-entry to the guild."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride nods her head slowly, "I could see a combination of both techniques being good in different situations."

(Tells): You tell Ouzu, "Explain to her why you left and why you believe yourself deserving for a place within our ranks."

Nodding sharply, you say, "Precisely so, especially when working in tandem between one another."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride nods her head at you.

Kanivara nods her head emphatically.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "You would essentially try to destroy their limbs, then take advantage of the other to bring them to an end more swiftly since they may not be able to move away."

You have emoted: "Pjoll, Kanivara, give the trolls here a demonstration of how both can be used together," Xenia calls out, stepping forward to indicate herself as the target.

Kanivara ceases to wield a dark whip of well-oiled leather, securing it to her weaponbelt.

Kanivara deftly flips a jewel-encrusted buckler over her back, strapping it in place.

Kanivara uses Wield.
Kanivara pulls a Carnifex's skewering bardiche from her weaponbelt fluidly.
Kanivara starts to wield a Carnifex's skewering bardiche in her hands.

Pjoll uses Savagery Doublebash on you.
Pjoll powerfully swings a blackened warhammer down upon your left leg and pulls back with ease, readying a second blow.

Kanivara says to Pjoll, "Hold back a moment, Soldier."

"What Ser Kanivara will do with the pol arm is trip me up," Xenia begins to explain-- but she is caught off by Pjoll's attack. "Oh, not yet, Soldier," she says, the blows knocking her very balance.

Pjoll says to Kanivara, "Yes Ser."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride smiles wryly.

You say to Pjoll, "When Kanivara has knocked me to my feet, give a good crushing blow to my chest."

Pjoll nods his head at you.

Nodding to the others, you say, "Now, give the demonstration."

Kanivara uses Savagery Hook on you.
Kanivara thrusts a Carnifex's skewering bardiche between your ankles and jerks it sideways, sending you sprawling to the ground.

Pjoll uses Savagery Crush Chest on you.
Swinging a blackened warhammer around in a wide arc, Pjoll smashes it savagely into your chest, eliciting an audible 'crunch' as your ribs break before the blow.

The corners of Kanivara's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride watches intently, a broad smile filling her lips at the sound of the 'crunch', "Ah..that familiar sound."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Nothing quite like the sound of bones breaking to bits."

The corners of Pjoll's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

The blow connects with a sickening crunch that sends Xenia's expression into a grimace, yet she makes no sound of protest. She eases herself gingerly, carefully taking a salve to apply to her body before rising back into a stand.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I do not see many that carry the strength of my people without being one of us."

You say to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "It is customary for us to spar and prepare our bodies for such attacks."

Kanivara rests the butt of her bardiche next to her foot and leans on it, listening.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "That explains the hardiness."

Kanivara nods once.

You wryly say, "As my Goddess would say, Pain is the reminder of the luxury of life."

Glancing over at the trainee, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "We do much the same."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Though, frankly, some of ours don't survive."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says to you, "Goddess?"

Candidly, you say, "There are many Recruits who do not make it, Soldiers and Knights like Pjoll and Kanivara here are not common."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Our people have very open worship of all the gods, though I never looked into any much."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says to you, "Should do like we do - not let their bodies go to waste. Cook them up and save a bone out of respect to their death."

Xenia nods towards Dratin, "Yes, I am an Enforcer of Pain for the Goddess Iosyne, also known as Malevolence."

You have emoted: Xenia smirks at the suggestion, "Well, we don't eat them, but the hounds are always in need of fresh meat."

The corners of Warmistress Dratin of Hubride's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says to you, "I knew of your Goddess, but only as the Muse. I did not know She evolved to such an extent."

Kanivara uses Warhound Recall.
Kanivara lets out a sharp whistle for Keldarath, a vicious warhound to return to her side.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "But only because I recently saw someone pray to Her when sacrificing Atav bodies."

You say to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "She underwent quite the transformation. If you all are interested, I am sure at some future point I can arrange for a sermon from our General to be delivered."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I'd like that."

You have emoted: Xenia grins maliciously at Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "This does not surprise me, She does enjoy such sort of sacrifices."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Perhaps She'd suit our warriors well."

You say to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "She may very well and I was just speaking to our General, Ellenia about it. She is quite keen on spreading Her ways into the Three Widows."

Kanivara smiles impishly and says, "That'd amuse me, since Lady Chakrasul's temple is in the region."

Shrugging her shoulders, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I have no hate for the Dark Mother."

You say to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "I see you've come prepared and perhaps it's time for some hands on training. Soldier Pjoll why don't you instruct the troll here on a polearm attack."

A Troll Carnifex trainee steps forward, polearm at the ready, "I am ready."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride nods towards the trainee, "You have earned this opportunity. Learn well and blood to your blade." With that, she glances towards Pjoll.

Pjoll says, "Of course, Commander."

You have emoted: Xenia glances up towards the darkened, midnight sky and frowns. She takes a step closer to Kanivara, yielding the floor to Pjoll.

Pjoll starts to wield a bardiche in his hands.

You murmur to Kanivara, "I'll need to be taking my leave here shortly before the moon rises much higher, I'll be leaving the rest of this in your charge when I do."

Pjoll says to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "With your polearm in hand, you want to swing it like so in quick succession."

Kanivara leans on her polearm. She nods once in response to you, her focus remaining on Pjoll.

Pjoll uses Savagery Spinning on a skeletal houndswood training tree.
With a brutal swipe of a bardiche, Pjoll rips up a skeletal houndswood training tree's left leg.
Spinning the weapon deftly in his hands, Pjoll moves in for another strike.
Slicing downward with a bardiche, Pjoll carves a skeletal houndswood training tree's left leg open.

Kanivara murmurs to you, "What should I cover?"

A Troll Carnifex trainee spreads her feet apart, taking a balanced stance and holding the long weapon before her, "Let me try that." She lunges fowrad towards the tree, swinging the blade hard towards it - but falls short and stumbles onto her knees.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride reaches a hand up to her face, covering it to stifle back a laugh.

Kanivara grins a bit, but doesn't laugh.

A Troll Carnifex trainee pushes to her feet, letting out an agitated snort as she regrips her weapon in both hands.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "That was just practice. I'll hit it for real this time."

Xenia's shoulders rise and fall in a silent chuckle, her own arms left crossed over her chest. She doesn't offer correction or mistake, instead remaining focused on Pjoll as though awaiting his critique on the technique.

(Tells): You tell Kanivara, "Pole arm attacks and then, I think take them to the kennels and give them each a mutt. Male and female, so they may start breeding some of their own."

With a warcry, a Troll Carnifex trainee lunges forward again - this time, she swings it upwards on the first brutal strike and lands a solid blow. Shifting her feet slightly, she uses her strength to pull the blade back downward and adds a second blow near to where the first fell.

"That was a good first attempt," Pjoll declares with a straight face. "Let me show you again. This time, hold tightly to your weapon and adjust your balance."

Pjoll uses Savagery Spinning on a skeletal houndswood training tree.
Swinging a bardiche in a powerful arc, Pjoll tears into a skeletal houndswood training tree's left leg.
Spinning the weapon deftly in his hands, Pjoll moves in for another strike.
Pjoll hacks into a skeletal houndswood training tree's left leg ruthlessly with a bardiche.

Pjoll says, "Like that."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride chuckles long and heartily.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Seems she got a bit impatient, as usual."

A Troll Carnifex trainee snorts arrogantly.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "I just didn't want to make you look like a fool, Warmistress. That's all."

You say to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "At times, it can be a good trait, always appreciate someone who's ready to charge in without a second thought."

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "Should I do one more time, to make sure I've got myself settled into the motions well?"

You have emoted: "While the blows did strike," Xenia points out, pointing towards freshly scored notches in the base of the tree, "This was more of a hack and you will find the time taken to draw out and then restrike quite difficult. Notice when the Soldier does so he applies more of a spin, slicing into the trunk rather than hacking."

Comprehension flashes across a Troll Carnifex trainee's face.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "That makes sense."

You have emoted: Xenia motions towards Kanivara, "Why don't you demonstrate, break the attack down so she may see each element of it."

Pjoll steps aside and sticks the butt end of his bardiche into the ground, allowing him to lean on his weapon and observe.

Kanivara nods once, taking up her bardiche and striding forward with confidence. "Watch how I move," she instructs. "I lack armor right now, so you can see how my form is." She takes a stance and swings her bardiche at the tree. As it slices the tree's bark, she shifts her footing and her grip on the weapon, balancing herself and carrying the momentum through. She flexes her wrists as the blade of the bardiche comes down toward her feet, causing the weapon to spin to one side of her. Then, she slashes the blade of her bardiche across the trunk again. "Like this."

A Troll Carnifex trainee nods her head, watching carefully and states, "It's like a dance, of sorts, but with the polearm. Let me try again."

Kanivara says, "Yeah, like a dance. You've got to mind your footwork, or you're going to fall on your butt."

Kanivara steps back a couple paces to give the trainee room.

A Troll Carnifex trainee steps back infront of the tree, taking a well-balanced stance. She swings her polearm at the tree and slices into the bark - as soon as it starts to slice through, she shifts her feet and adjusts her grip on the weapon, carrying the blow through until she lands back into a balanced position.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "Like that?"

You have emoted: Xenia's gaze shifts towards Kanivara and Pjoll as though awaiting their responses. She takes a step near to Dratin, leaning in to murmur to the Warmistress.

Kanivara says, "Yes, just like that. Stay balanced, so a foe can't take advantage of your stance and knock you down. Or your weapon, for that matter. First time I used a bardiche, I found myself taking a remarkably intense look at the ground."

A Troll Carnifex trainee nods her head at Kanivara.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "I've got it now. Simple enough."

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "It's like how we deal with our spears most times, but just a heavier weapon."

Kanivara smiles and says, "I had the feeling Pjoll wasn't the only smart Troll alive."

You tell Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "It is always good to have the chance to gage the training of my soldiers and knights. I will be needing to take my leave but Ser Kanivara will take over."

A Troll Carnifex trainee lets one hand free from the polearm, using it to rub the other, "Bet he's not as easily sore of a Troll, though."

Kanivara smiles impishly and says, "Yeah, I haven't stabbed him lately."

(Tells): Warmistress Dratin of Hubride tells you, "Understood. We will meet again soon. Until then, rest well."

The corners of a Troll Carnifex trainee's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

A Troll Carnifex trainee glances over at Pjoll, offering a flirtatious wink of her eye, "We could 'spar' sometime, if you like."

Pjoll laughs heartily and exclaims, "Anytime, troll. I welcome the challenge!"

You have emoted: Xenia takes a step back, "You all are in good hands, I must take my leave but--" she glances towards Kanivara, "Send me a report of what was covered when you all are finished."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute your fellow soldiers.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride chuckles long and heartily.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride squares her shoulders and crisply salutes you.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Pjoll squares his shoulders and crisply salutes you.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, A Troll Carnifex trainee squares her shoulders and crisply salutes her fellow soldiers.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says to Pjoll, "I look forward to some alone time, then."

You have emoted: "Ah they have caught onto the salutes," Xenia notes with a tinge of pride, "make sure they catch on just as well with the attacks."

[Xenia exists]

A Troll Carnifex trainee coughs slightly, then glances at you, "Do we have anything else we should learn in this first round of trainings?"

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "I'm sure most of this will just be a lot of practice."

Out of turn, Pjoll nods his head and says, "Yes. Much of this will be practice."

Pjoll fingers the blade of his bardiche. "Once you are skilled enough with the attacks, perhaps we can teach you how to envenom your blade and become even more deadly!"

You say, "We can also strike through a shield with Razehack."

You say to Pjoll, "Mind your turn, Soldier. However, you're mostly correct..."

You say, "Once skilled enough, we can talk about venoms. Venoms are definitely my forte... I'm actually Syssin-trained."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride purses her lips in thought, nodding at the words, "I think we'll need to master these two actions first, then can move onto adding in the other bits."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "We know much of venoms, though we have not been using them as much as of late."

Soldier Pjoll says to you, "My apologies, Ser."

Shadow spills from your shield tattoo in viscous tides, the inky blackness forming a magical shield around you.

You say to Pjoll, "Demonstrate the Razehack, please."

Pjoll razes your magical shield with a bardiche.
[Source]: Info: -DEF- SHIELDED
Pjoll hefts a bardiche over his head before lunging forward and viciously hacking into your left leg, messily rending flesh with the deadly blade.
[Source]: Info: Afflictions: paresis.

An ominous glow surrounds Pjoll's soulstone before an arc of ethereal energy strikes your chest. A wave of nausea overcomes you as you begin to feel weak and

[Source]: Info: Afflictions: soulpoison, paresis.

You remove 1 bloodroot, bringing the total in the cache to 870.
You eat a bloodroot leaf.

A jolt knifes through you as the fresh wound drips with your ebbing soul.

Feeding upon your ailments, a tenebrous mass of souls ripples into sight and quickly drains your life force, leaving you weak.

Pjoll coughs softly.

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You laughingly say, "I'm pretty sure she likes you anyways, Soldier, you needn't show off."

A Troll Carnifex trainee blushes furiously.

Abashed, Pjoll quickly recovers and states, "Surely I was not trying to impress, Ser. My apologies!"

You say, "Now, as you see, it's the same motion. The first slash shatters their shield. The second attacks, and if you have venom on your weapon, afflicts as well."

A Troll Carnifex trainee nods her head at you.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "I'll have to add that into my practice with the other trainees, Ser. Thank you for having it demonstrated."

You have emoted: Kanivara nods once. "Of course."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride steps in closer to the trainee, patting her on the shoulder, "You're going to do well. You're going to help me use this knowledge and we'll get stronger for it.

A Troll Carnifex trainee seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "We won't be caught off-guard so easily again."

You say, "You can also trip people, as I've demonstrated... and one thing that's nice? Once they're on the ground, you can skewer them."

You say to Pjoll, "Again, a demonstration."

Pjoll thrusts a bardiche between your ankles and jerks it sideways, sending you sprawling to the ground.

Pjoll lunges forward and slams the blade of a bardiche into you, skewering you painfully upon the ground with the powerful strike.

You begin to writhe furiously to escape the blade that has impaled you.

With a snarl of contempt, Pjoll allows you to slide free of his weapon.

A Troll Carnifex trainee watches the scene unfold with a devilish grin gradually settling upon her lips, "Oh, I could have fine with that."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Reminds me."

You have emoted: Kanivara huffs softly, brushing her skirt down as she rises back up. "Yes, that was as painful as it looked," she states. "And yes, it's pretty fun. It keeps people down until they're able to writhe off your weapon. Or until you pull it free. That lets any comrades of yours have free reign to do as they will on the target."

You tilt your head curiously at Warmistress Dratin of Hubride.

"You can even wrench your blade once they're skewered!" Pjoll exclaims eagerly.

Soldier Pjoll says, "Adds to their pain."

The corners of Pjoll's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I did not have time to inform Ser Xenia, but we've had Seer Zelaji setup arrangements for your people to be able to take a recruit out weekly and help show them the ropes in the centipede caves."

You say, "Oh, excellent! I'll be sure to do that weekly."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Will help bring the training home, I think."

You say, "And I'll inform the Keep so they may, as well."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride nods her head at herself.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I'd appreciate it."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride glances towards the young trainee, "They're going to need lots of training, but we'll get there."

You say, "You can't forge a Knight in a week. Or a Soldier, for that matter."

sume.
Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Couldn't agree more."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride seems to glance upwards distractedly and then back down towards you, "I should probably send the trainee back for now. Her mom will have my head if she's not back before dawn."

You smile and say to Warmistress Dratin of Hubride, "Alright then. I look forward to the next session."

You say, "Before you go, though, we should get you both a pair of hounds."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I've seen those, but didn't know if we'd be allowed them."

Proudly, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "We'd be honored."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride begins to follow you.

Pjoll begins to follow you.

A Troll Carnifex trainee begins to follow you.

You say, "The Commander wanted me to be sure you got a male and female each, so you could start breeding."

Pjoll follows you to the south.
Courtyard of the Shadow Keep.
A set of maple stocks stand here. A murky darkness has settled in here.
You see exits leading north, east, southeast, south (open pine door), southwest (open pine door), west, and down.

Pjoll follows you to the southeast.
Kennels.
Its bulky muscles taut and firm, a tawny mountain lion crouches silently here. The yapping of hounds alerts you to the presence of a kennel. A murky darkness has settled in here.
You see exits leading northwest and in.

You say, "Ahh... No, just a male and female. Still, that's good breeding stock."

Glancing around, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Do we just..grab two that we like, or do they choose us?"

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "It can't be like the mezilkree we breed from the wild ones, I'm sure."

You say, "To request a hound, you just... hm, where's the kennelmaster... ahh! There he is. You just HOUND REQUEST one of the gender of your choosing, and he'll bring you over a random hound."

Soldier Pjoll says, "Let me show you."

Pjoll nods his head at himself.

You say, "We spend a lot of time breeding the perfect companions for combat. Keldarath here is my pride... he tore the throat out of an Atav."

Pjoll sharply commands Kanie, a vicious warhound to return to the kennels and the beast swiftly obeys, dashing out of sight.

You nod your head at Pjoll.

Yaps and snarls fill the kennel as a worker wades through the pens, finally dragging out a vicious warhound. Evading the beast's bite, he edges away, leaving the brute with Pjoll.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Let me give that a whirl.."

You tell Pjoll, "Kanie, huh?"

Pjoll smiles at you.

Yaps and snarls fill the kennel as a worker wades through the pens, finally dragging out a vicious warhound. Evading the beast's bite, he edges away, leaving the brute with Dratin.

"Good!" Pjoll says with a smile.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "That looks like fun!"

You say, "There you go! Your turn, Recruit."

Cracking her knuckles, a Troll Carnifex trainee says, "Let's see what I get!"

Yaps and snarls fill the kennel as a worker wades through the pens, finally dragging out a vicious warhound. Evading the beast's bite, he edges away, leaving the brute with a Troll Carnifex trainee.

You say, "Your hounds will likely have some... less than decent traits, which we sometimes call 'stats'. We look for fast hounds, with ferocity close to their speed, for a combat partner."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "So, we'll want to watch their training and breed carefully."

You say, "Indeed."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Now THAT is just like the mezilkree training."

Pjoll smiles at Warmistress Dratin of Hubride.

Reaching down to pet the warhound, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I've got the bitch, so I should be able to control things fairly well."

You say, "You can focus their training on their speed, their ferocity, or their resilience. Speed is usually what we do for."

You say, "None of us hesitate to cull unworthy pups."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Waste to keep them, so understandable."
You say, "If they do not meet standards, there's really no point in keeping them. They'll not meet their purpose, and warhounds are bred to be vicious. They will not be suitable as pets."

You say, "Warhounds also have special talents."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Oh?"

Summoning his soulstone and lifting it aloft, Pjoll begins the demanding rite of the soulpact, eyes narrowing in concentration as he focuses on a vicious warhound. His lips pull into a tense line as the task drags on, a pained look contorting his face as shreds of soul swirl about him. An otherwordly, distant wail fills your ears, pressure building in your head, and then, suddenly, a vicious warhound's head snaps up, her voice raising in a howl to meet the cry - overhead, the stone flares with a brilliant blue light and Pjoll grimly smiles as he completes the ritual to exert his utter and complete dominance over the beast.

You say, "Indeed. We call them major and minor traits. Some things, like the ability to rupture a foe's eardrums with their howls, are better than others."

You incline your head politely to Pjoll.

You say, "And what the Soldier just did is a soulpact. You give the hound a part of your soul."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "I'm sure the soul business we'll learn later, aye?"

You say, "Tundralhowl, Firebreath, and Contagion are also good major traits. Minor traits... Silent is one that most cull out of the bloodline."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "Indeed."

You say, "Our training always begins with Savagery, then Warhounds, then Deathlore. You don't need much Deathlore to hunt and become stronger."

You say, "Athletic is a good minor trait, by the by. Same with Astute."

You smile and say, "And that's the basics of hound breeding. We can cover combat training of hounds another time."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride has a small sheet of parchment in hand, scribing a few things down in odd-looking scribblings.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Aye, of course. This will give us much to work on."

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride takes a formal stance, lifting her head with pride, "Oh that note, then, we will take our leave Ser."

You have emoted: Kanivara smiles warmly. "I'm glad to hear it. If there's anything else we can do to help you, beyond these sessions, don't hesitate to let us know. We are, after all, one mountain over, and Medeya can let us know when you're here. It's probably safer than coming to find us in Spinesreach, anyways. Less terrain to traverse, and you get to avoid gruktuks that way."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute Warmistress Dratin of Hubride.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride squares her shoulders and crisply salutes you.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Pjoll squares his shoulders and crisply salutes Warmistress Dratin of Hubride.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Warmistress Dratin of Hubride squares her shoulders and crisply salutes Pjoll.

You say, "In Strength, Warmistress."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute a Troll Carnifex trainee.

Warmistress Dratin of Hubride says, "Thank you all for your time. Go in strength as well."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, A Troll Carnifex trainee squares her shoulders and crisply salutes her fellow soldiers.

A Troll Carnifex trainee says, "Thank you all again. This will help all of us grow stronger."

You say, "-Good-. That's the intention."

Shrugging her shoulders, Dratin leaves to the northwest.

Thanks @Dristin and @anyonelse for all the work you've continued doing with this Three Widows. I wish I could have stayed for the rest of this little session, it was fun.

KelliaraDristinKanivaraEmelleIsandeIselle

Comments

• edited March 2016
    This was a lot of fun to do. :D

Also a lot of 'obleep' on my end cuz Kani's Carni skills aren't transed, but that's what AB files are for!

I'm really looking forward to their continued training.

ETA: Clarification here! Kani doesn't know wtf to do with her skills cuz they're not transed. >.>
    Isande
  • I've been craving RP logs lately. It's fantastic to see some starting to spring back up!

#morelogspleasepeople!
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Isande