What Frustrates You the Most?

Comments

• What frustrates me the most about system building is my inability to code a new prae offense due to lack of prae revamp.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

IshinMalokAshmer
  • @ishin you should really make it like beast.VARS.prone or beats.VARS.vitals etc so later down the line when you add more stuff you can easier find the information you're looking for.

Instead of a huge a$$ display(beast) variable
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ashmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nalor said:

@ishin you should really make it like beast.VARS.prone or beats.VARS.vitals etc so later down the line when you add more stuff you can easier find the information you're looking for.

Instead of a huge a$$ display(beast) variable

I can easily find everything already :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Ashmer
  • edited September 2015
    I can't code and code looks like gibberish to me. It feels overwhelming to get into, as a person who has always played a noncom. I don't want to rely on the good graces of other Aetolians to teach me or clarify a lot of stuff. Many of the sources I've found are so entrenched in jargin that I have to strain to understand them. I'm interested in learning but I need, like, a super-newb's guide to understand this shit.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    ArekaKelliaraPilar
  • edited November 2015
    so I've seen a lot of people comment about how frustrating coding is... I wrote something on the forums to help people... maybe it'll help you too... @Eydis @Areka http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1815/a-how-to-on-scripting
  • Ascendril... No matter what I do, what I try, what I combo, who I fight.. I lose, lose, lose.. Damage seems absent, hindering seems absent, my own curing seems useless..
    Then there's only me finding 1 person who bothers to explain whatever I -could- try, but to no avail as the shit audit I pack turns me into a cardboard mage who dies before she can really ever get a clue what's going on...

Then there's the impossible bashing as one making the journey to Tekal not worth it, the credits I'll have to spend in other trees to even be able to fight some classes, the non-existing tracking or idea how to code myself..
  • @Lleminara: I'm going to be working on a new killscript for a second Praenomen path. If you want to spar me while I'm working on it, I'll see if I can help you out. I dont know much about mage combat as most of my experience is getting my ass beat by Draiman and Dato, but I'll see if I can offer up a few tips to help you along the way. As for coding/tracking, join Source or KLL clan (Both of which I can invite you to) and we'll see about getting you started on some introductory coding/combat help.

We're here to help you.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Buford
  • Lleminara said:

Ascendril... No matter what I do, what I try, what I combo, who I fight.. I lose, lose, lose.. Damage seems absent, hindering seems absent, my own curing seems useless..
    Then there's only me finding 1 person who bothers to explain whatever I -could- try, but to no avail as the shit audit I pack turns me into a cardboard mage who dies before she can really ever get a clue what's going on...

Then there's the impossible bashing as one making the journey to Tekal not worth it, the credits I'll have to spend in other trees to even be able to fight some classes, the non-existing tracking or idea how to code myself..

It was said to me that the only way to fight with any amount of effectiveness as a mage was to get Crown. No idea if it is true or not, though... but I'd go with what @Zsadist said. He's pretty good at working out kill strats and so are a dozen or so other people. (I'm not one of em :P)

• TozToz
    edited January 2016
    The difference between no crown and crown is, frankly, absurd. It's like fighting at neutral bal as an aff class.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:

The difference between no crown and crown is, frankly, absurd. It's like fighting at neutral bal as an aff class.

Well, the best example I can provide is as Cabalist, neutral balance is.. what.. 3.25 on Decay? With EQ enhanced, it drops down to 3.06. With crown on top of that? It's at 2.83.

• TozToz
    edited January 2016
    Right, and no case for bal classes exists where your aff rate can go significantly higher with arties. EQ classes get badly screwed in that they need to spend 850cr to be optimal - argue all you want about how they are 'viable' without crown, having one makes a massive difference. If 7% wasn't significant, we would see plenty of people not be +bal to stay tankier/gain a resist.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That I used to spend thousands of dollars on this game and now I don't even want to spend one dollar on it. Not blaming anyone at all, but I think both the game and I have changed over the years. Meh.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MalokRiluo
  • Allergies.. enough said. And NOT the affliction. -.-
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Satomi said:
    Well, the best example I can provide is as Cabalist, neutral balance is.. what.. 3.25 on Decay? With EQ enhanced, it drops down to 3.06. With crown on top of that? It's at 2.83.

Try doing that with my 4 sec balance on staffcasts.. It makes the difference to dancing around death as some mobs just always manage to hit me twice before I can move again. With our frail healthpool, thats a game you can only keep up for a small time before you find yourself dying.
  • level 85 hunting. as a lifer, I've been told that the best ways to go about it is to load up on items that boost xp, spend crap tonnes of gold on items that boost damage, defense, all that stuff, and go to fengard, where the ogres are the most frustrating part of hunting there period, because they ALWAYS walk in and go full-on-aggro.

Someone get me a spot on the volunteer squad that designs bashing areas, and assign me the task of a bashing area for level 85 and above, I'll friggin make somewhere better than that. I'm tired of my choices being a pure quest spot, or a spot that I don't even like for multiple reasons aside from the bull-crap enemies in it. >.>

and this is me going on a frustrating rant about leveling up in an area I feel is stupid, and I don't like for several reasons, a few of those reasons probably not making much sense to anyone but me, but still..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • @Xandren: As one of the more prominent and avid hunters in Aetolia, I wish there were more 100+ areas that were actually worth it. That being said, in regards to help you: Ayhesa, Ollin, Tiyen, Xaanhal, Drakuum, Tainhelm, Mor...

All these areas are places that you can hunt that typically aren't a hotspot for quests. You might be abit hard pressed for Tiyen/Xaanhal, but these areas should help you get to 100. It'll take take, but they will help you get there.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Xandren I made 100 before Xaanhal and most of the other 100+ areas existed by running Ollin, Ayhesa, Khauskin, and Mamashi Tunnels mostly. Some of those are a bit lower, but I was able to keep plugging through them on a round well enough that it was worth it. Ice Caverns might even be worth it to you, since you've already done the Indyuk warrior quest. In any case, I never ran Fengard because it was just a pain in the ass with all of the special exits and such.
  • @Zsadist @arbre

I'm aware, but most people aren't going to be aware, plus, aren't those places typically going to be cleared out anyways, simply on the basis of everyone being aware of them, and hunting them because they're bashing hotspots? You both basically listed the same places.

Also: Iernian Fracture is costing me XP in spite of a ylem aura? WTF? Is this a bug? Or just an IG rule not applying?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • @Zsadist Correct me if I'm wrong,, but isn't Tainhelm a level 30 area where any Dui/Eno can't hunt (protectorate)? And, sadly, most of the areas you named seem to be huntable by only a select few classes of level 85-95

@Xandren I totally feel your pain.. I've been stuck on and around level 90 for a very long time, simply because the only areas that I coud hunt in that were somewhat worth it, were Mor and Lich Garden. I still can't hunt at all, unless I'm packed with white/red/yellow amulet and red orb, need a blessing to crank up my max hp and even then I need extreme care and a spot of good luck to earn some exp (Only in fen, drakuum and ayhesa).

This problem is actually really troubling for a lot of people I meet around the level of 80, where many of, for example, a young Ascendril is forced to spend 45k gold for amulets and even then is still mostly reliant on a blessing/arties to keep up some hunting. If you pick the wrong class in the game, best say goodbye to your PvE experience..
  • Coming from another IRE where 75-80 was the hardest, mind numbing thing to bash out of, I think Aetolia makes it pretty easy to bash. I'm 90.75 right now before I took a break from bashing 6-8 hours a day. I've never been that in any IRE game. Granted I am playing a luminary, which has pretty good tanky skills but a bit slow. I rarely use amulets and spend my ridiculous amount of credits I got from retirement on chalices that are 30 per. Herbs/curatives are much cheaper here than on Achaea which is 4 gold to our 1. I'm sitting on more gold than I know what to do with. The bashing areas also repop faster, I can barely finish my circle of areas before my timer goes off. Before hitting 90, I got through 85-90 in four days (6-8 hrs a day) using the circle of Mor, lich gardens, Mamashi tunnels, three rock, kalydian, and Drakuum which I hardly find bashed out. I've now been doing Ollin mostly exclusively at 90 and netting 400k per. I also attend each and every single prayer, use my rite of prayer, and stay till the end. That gives me 2 million exp (with chalice) and another 20% exp boost for an hour. This happens every four hours. Now, I know people won't really want to spend the hours/credits I did, but I think Aetolia has still made it easy compared to others.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • @Xandren: Yes, those areas are known, but PvE is not as large of a thing as you might think anymore. Most gold is now generated from questing instead of killing. That said, you can always use the AREAS command to find more areas that I didnt list.

@Lleminara: Im not sure what level Tainhelm is, but when I was bashing to 100, I most definitely killed the dwarves in there. As for the whole protectorate thing.... as far as I'm aware, nobody cares if you bash it except for maybe a few heavy RPers. Realistically speaking, you can hunt there when you please, because the likelihood of anyone doing anything is very slim.

Also, both of you should be using yellow orbs. They give you a 5% xp buff.

• edited March 2016
    @Moxie Out of all IREs I've played, never had so much issues even scoring a few % in the end of the day as i've experienced as Ascendril... Spent days of 5-6hr s hubting, ending up losing any progress I've made and being back to where i started more than... 10x days month, if not way more.. With "all" my defences (which means amulet, orb, fireveil, shield, reflection) I can only hunt a few of those areas you named, and that NEEDS all these defences. On a usual day, I have 4.1k hp and Mor, Lich, Mamashi, Drakuum.. they will gladly wipe the floor with that.

1-80 was no problem, it was a fun and easy experience, but once I hit that cap i notice a lot of difficulties for a few classes i've got to that point (Didnt think lumi was hard as I could just follo areas of my lvl as I progressed). Its deterring people from continuing to play Pve/Asc is what i can ensure you, and can expect it will be the same for some other classes. Yes, moxie, when i for example played a Tera, life was good. I was lvl 60, hunting up lvl 80-90 areas with a 16k meatshield to take aggro.. Not complaining about PvE here and I think neither is Xandren - just the fact how some classes need big investment, willpower etc. to score some reliable xp to get to the needed lvl 99/100

Moxie
  • MoxieMoxie USA
    edited March 2016
    Luminary is no walk in the park as far as leveling goes. It's quite slow, I kill at 50% slower than my zealot partner, but it is really difficult to die as a luminary. I think I have had a few people surprised I made it to 90 as one because of the speed a lumi kills in. That being said I am assuming Ascendril is equivalent to Achaea's mage and that is one of the most defense heavy and arti needy classes you can bash in. I don't think it is just an Aetolia thing. Magi sucks to bash in but awesome for PVP, I've seen a lot of people take on knight class which is the best for hunting and grind till 99 before switching to mage.

Edit: I do see how that can be bad in an IRE game that relies on guilds/rp for a mage/ascendril to be so defense heavy. It is something that would need to be looked at.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    LleminaraAvishai
  • edited March 2016
    Yes, we are VERY defence (miniskills, so also cr) and arti based, or that is definitely what it feels like. I have been considering forgetting the class so many times in the past, but even the lessons lot will harm me a lot.

And yes, Lumi was slow but solid and you could score reliable bashing in the class. To assure you, I often have to wait 30-45 seconds after a sibgle kill to ensure I have my reflections back up.

PvP might be so, but not a single one of my younger Ascendril can rely on Lessers for xp: being a high-prio, we die the moment the artifacters come barging in. I have not died first/second in a lesser in the first 2 rounds since half a year (lvl 85ish), making these events just useless. No opposition is no xp, opposition is death before the xp-kills occur

Not complaining/whining/etc. here but relying on others to provide hunting has been a bad xp. A few people advised me to go Normal, get 2x exp enhancements and then left me alone/left the game. This has left me with a bad statpack/audit even more, the pain to bother with xping are becoming quite big as they are shared on a weekly basis by others of my guild/scios who contact me.

EDIT: Its also hard to educate new blood on PvP if Im clueless of how we effectively keep up a fight (finding myself die to lower lvl templar autobash makes me even more confused). Then the amount of coding, automation and tracking one has to ubderstand to even bother joining the scene. Add that we basically need crown + wise for the eq, endgame curing etc. and it just adds to what troubles me a lot. I can totally relate to the Ascs. leaving for other classes/guilds or beginning over.
    Moxie
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Do people not hunt fengard? I ended up getting to 100 from Fen, Ayhessa, Arbothia, and Ollin. Then had help from friends to drag me through some of the higher areas.
  • Jensen said:
    Do people not hunt fengard? I ended up getting to 100 from Fen, Ayhessa, Arbothia, and Ollin. Then had help from friends to drag me thr
    If you are inputting on the small discussion above you, we had mentioned the area before. The asphix. lots of aggros, defence strippers etc. make it a very unwelcoming area for my class at least - only manage there when having +1k hp from defences like blessing or amulets
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    It was mentioned that one person had problems with ogres which are mostly in one part of the area.... Only other mention was Arbre not using it because of navigation issues. I always hunted there because there was almost zero competition and the bounty quests netted like 5k
  • edited March 2016
    @Jensen Ah, okay. Well, all i can say is that Fengard is one of the most scariest places i can hunt in. Since I still need to run from the mobs like garwhols/knights/argoboles to heal up, would I not want to die to them, having the tons of roaming mobs around is a horrible thing there for other classes. Fen offers a variety of different types of damage, with the audit I pack this makes it just an amazingpy dangerous, unreliable place mostly not worth the time to bash there.

edited: no clue why i called fengard, lich gardens.. my bad
  • Not to get into the discussion too heavily, but I thought I'd share that there are very few NPCs (namely ogres) in Fengard keep that will attack through shields. This was changed a while ago to help out with that zone. Hopefully that'll provide an extra tactic for combat in there.
    LleminaraRiluo
  • The new bashing area introduced today is custom-tailored for Luminaries given their fire resistance and stuff, I'd imagine!

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz