Character Quotes

Have you ever come across a quote that makes you think of your character? I personally, love finding quotes or song lyrics that shed some light on my character's... character? But here's a place to post such lovely quotes.

These days I just can’t seem to say what I mean. I just can’t. Every time I try to say something, it misses the point. Either that or I end up saying the opposite of what I mean. The more I try to get it right the more mixed up it gets. Sometimes I can’t even remember what I was trying to say in the first place. It’s like my body’s split in two and one of me is chasing the other me around a big pillar. We’re running circles around it. The other me has the right words, but I can never catch her.
- Haruki Murakami, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman: 24 Stories
Haven

Comments

• Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer.
    -Henry Lawson

HavenAngweVolka
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited June 2014
    "Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it." - Frank Underwood

And, on the flip side:

"Seduce him. Give him your heart. Cut it out and put it in his ----ing hands." - Mrs. Underwood

(yes, I'm a total House of Cards obsessor)
    TragerAarbrokHavenAshmer
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    And @Iosyne just got that much hotter, folks.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

AarbrokAshmer
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” - Lewis Carroll
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    πρὸς ἐμαυτὸν δ᾽ οὖν ἀπιὼν ἐλογιζόμην ὅτι τούτου μὲν τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ἐγὼ σοφώτερός εἰμι· κινδυνεύει μὲν γὰρ ἡμῶν οὐδέτερος οὐδὲν καλὸν κἀγαθὸν εἰδέναι, ἀλλ᾽ οὗτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴομαι· ἔοικα γοῦν τούτου γε σμικρῷ τινι αὐτῷ τούτῳ σοφώτερος εἶναι, ὅτι ἃ μὴ οἶδα οὐδὲ οἴομαι εἰδέναι.

AarbrokAlicePeriluna
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Abigail: Why?
    Hannibal: I was curious what would happen.
    HavenAryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum." - Vegetius
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    “Be a damn fire eater now. He'd seen it in the war work the same way. More of a change than any loss of virginity. Fear gone like an operation. Something else grew in its place. Main thing a man had. Made him into a man. Women knew it too. No bloody fear.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Short Stories
    Haven
  • ArozariaArozaria the Wilds
    edited June 2014
    "The stupid thing about anger is how people hurt you and then you let them keep hurting by being angry about how they originally hurt you. It's a vicious cycle." - Lisa Kleypas Regarding how Roza feels about her blood father, Aliod.
  • "What?" - Lil Jon

i am rapture coder
    AuresaeSlypheSerriceAryanneXeniaEmelle
  • Omei said:

"What?" - Lil Jon

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• "Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one." - Twain

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul." - Twain

"Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue." David Hume

"Don't be humble. You're not that great." - Golda Meir

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - Hellen Keller
    AryanneEmelle
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    "We do what we must, because we can." (Go on, guess.)

AryanneSlypheVolka
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Most of what Anna says from Frozen.

Notably - "Ooh! I suddenly see him standing there, A beautiful stranger, tall and fair, I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face"
    KerrynSlypheAarbrokAshmerEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Lots of things in the Devil's Dictionary (by Ambrose Bierce) work for Moi...

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. "

"Amnesty, n. The state's magnanimity to those offenders whom it would be too expensive to punish."

"Mad, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence."

"There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy."

"Battle, n., A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would not yield to the tongue."
    AshmerPiperVolka
  • "Give me a cubic centimeter of your flesh and I could give you pain that would swallow you as the ocean swallows a grain of salt. And you would always be ripe for it, from before the time of your birth to the moment of your death, we are always in season for the embrace of pain. To experience pain requires no intelligence, no maturity, no wisdom, no slow working of the hormones in the moist midnight of our innards. We are always ripe for it. All life is ripe for it. Always."

Jesus Ignacio Aldapuerta, The Eyes