I Made A Thing

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Dat International shipping tho.
    Teani
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Haha, yeah, it's $50 to Australia. I just make the most of it and always order over $50 worth of tea when I'm shopping there. (That's easy to do, oh my god, some of those fandom blends.)

Teani
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Just wish I had the money to spare now, but budget was sort of blown on my trip <.<

• So, I am not a crafty/artsy person... But the mood kicked me yesterday when I wasted a good portion of a votive by having to put it into a bowl instead of a proper holder. I looked online and then went down the craft rabbit hole and well... It's 12:40am and I am now posting these pictures. It's nothing terribly impressive - but as someone who cannot even draw a proportional stick figure... I'm pretty proud!

Work in Progress:

Finished:

All lit up (with a tealight, I need to get a proper votive for it):

DidiEmelleIshinTeaniMinaretMarienaAsaraii
    Oh that came out gorgeous! Nice job.

AarbrokFaerahTeani
  • Thanks! I made this one today. The flower is derp but uh, practice makes perfect? (The tealight is red.)
    AsaraiiEmelleTeaniNola
  • Hey Faerah, If you're having trouble keeping the lines straight on a bendy surface, and the glass is clear, you can always draw your design on paper and then put the paper inside the glass and trace it on the outside. I'm not sure if you're already doing that but it might help a teensy bit if that's what made the flower wonky. That and you can practice a lot of designs before committing to one. Hope that helps, and everything is looking so lovely.

I might show some knitting or something later, I haven't been too particularly crafty at the moment.
    FaerahEmelleIshinMariena

Inherited some small glass beads from my grandma (seemed like a shame to throw them away!) So now there will be some crafting going on over here, see if I can reach my grandmother's skills. Already made the necklace-y thing on top there, in black, white and blue. Here are some sample work of hers that followed with the beads:

Door decorations

Bells

Candle decorations

Easter chickens and eggs

She also made dresses for dolls, decorative trees, necklaces, earrings, Christmas tree decorations and much more.

Emelle
    So... I decided to make something to put on the wall opposite my huge tree. Since I've got the TV on that wall it couldn't really be as huge, so I figured I'd make a long, but narrow painting. I also wanted to experiment a bit with gradient colors, because that's a really really tricky business. Here's the result:

It's 155 x 25 cm.

KerrynMinaretEmelleIselleMariena
    I got to spend some time in the wood workshop at school the other day and idly made a comment about an idea I'd had for some time. I immediately got permission to get to work. Now... here's what I made (and it's Aetolia-related):

I made a box. The box itself is not that important, but it's meant to contain what I was really making.

It's not even a very special box (I plan on making a much nicer box later on). It's triangular in shape with a small lid that comes off quite easily, but now comes the important part: its contents!

Still not overly exciting? Well, just look at this!

It's a Triptycha deck!

I made a nice series of flower tiles:

And a slightly smaller series of weapon tiles:

I'm super excited about this!

AdaliEmelleAishiaXeniaAldric
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited October 2015
    those tiles decay or something right? I realize at some point I had a bunch but now I have none, it was a big fad for a while. very cool times.
    If you put them in your deck they don't decay. They only do that if you pull them out into your hand.

And I'll put some varnish on these to make them last longer! :smiley:

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    oh I do have cards... Not as many as I thought tho
    Teani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    neats all around
    Procrastinated some more and made a new box! This one has a lid that can be used as a game board.

DidiKerocEmelleIselle
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    i tried my hand at making bentwood rings as Christmas gift for my GF this year.  They came out pretty well but I think I can do better now that I've done it before
    AdaliIselleEmelleTeaniXenia
    So, apparently spring is the time when I get creative. A few years ago, I bought a dress for myself when I was in the UK. I loved it and have never found anything like it since. So I decided to make myself a replica, or sorts. I bought fabric just the other day and today, I had some time to spare to cut and sew it together. Here's the result!

I added a belt and felt quite pleased with it

AtarahEmelleMariena
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited November 2016
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I have yet to make the things, but I am making a set of christmas ornaments for my tree this year. I fell in love with a set at K-Mart, of woodland critters and various woodsy things and that is what I'm going to attempt. Pics will come!

edited November 2016

Christmas Ornaments: Round 1! Two foxes, two hedgepigs. The two bunnies and two owls are cooling in the oven. There might be other ornaments made. I have ideas but no solid plans yet.

Edit to add: This is first painting of this set. I have fusses to do on them and a shiny clearcoat to add.

EmelleTeaniNolaZaila
    Bunnies and Owls
    Sorry for the multiple posts!

All 8 need to dry before sealing now.

TeaniEmelle
    I've had a painting (my own) hanging over my tv for a while, and today I decided to make some... improvements as I'd grown tired of it. Here are the results.

Before:

After:

EmelleQephahBufordXandrenXeniaSethAtarah
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My first attempt at doing anything crafty with food. I think it came out pretty well.

TeaniEmelleDelythMarienaMihaketiEydis
    A+ completely adorable!

• NiavexNiavex United States
    Gwenith said:

I doodle. Does that count as making a thing?

I would definitely count doodling. And giggity is right - Ha.
    Seth
  • edited January 2017
    ok so not really the best and its not -quite- finished yet, but yes this is a hand made leather belt and custom made holsters that I did....don't be harsh -_- but I am working on slowly building a collection and -maybe- selling them
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    SethEmelleXeniaMariena
  • Nice. If handguns weren't so hard to get here (and getting past the wife) I'd get one from you to make it around my large waist, heh.
    ValdusElliana
  • Seth said:

Nice. If handguns weren't so hard to get here (and getting past the wife) I'd get one from you to make it around my large waist, heh.

Thats why you go with something older, they still serve the same purpose, those are 1851 navy colts short barreled in the holster, it is black powder cap and ball, so they can actually be bought without having permits because they are considered antique. However, they still function regardless of modern production they are still labeled as antique which is pretty cool imo. Mine were bought online for about 75 each and concurrent serial numbers too.
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    Pazradym
    While I don't approve of gun possession, I do approve of craftiness. I like the leatherwork!