Post your computer specs!

AishiaAishia Queen Bee
edited October 2015 in Tech Talk
I'll start.

Intel Core i7-4771 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
GIGABYTE GV-N770WF3-4GD GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 gb (for OS mostly!)
Random other terabyte HD.(I totally need more storage space.)
ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (I guess I might as well be hella technical)
ASUS VG248QE monitor

Computer is kind of a monstrous abomination large enough for me to hide inside. I probably didn't need to go specific enough for you to build it yourselves but oh well >_> I LEFT OUT MY POWER SUPPLY OK.

Alastair

Comments

• Macbook air 2010. Yep. 
    TragerInfinAishiaDidi
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher

AFR dual 800's 5.55 GHz quadcore
    RAMwar 4670 2gig sticks x 5
    RFI Warsystems 550 3 gig ddr5 graphics card
    Tropiccopter 2TBhd
    Raptor 86-570d AT 760 motherboard with 45DD capacity
    Haven
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    r u trolling @Jensen I tried to google all your parts I can't even find the brand name on one.
    JensenErant
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    YEAH IM ON TO YOU NO ONE WOULD HAVE FIVE STICKS OF RAM THEY ONLY RUN IN PARALLEL
    Xenia
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Pretty sure I posted that when I came home from the bars.... I say pretty sure since I don't remember posting it
    HavenXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well played drunk @Jensen
    JensenXenia
  • edited December 2014
    Monitor: Hall-type, with safety sash. 
    Chip: Nacho Cheese Domino's quad flavor eaten in parallel 
    RAM: Dodge variety, straight V8 for maximum torque 
    Hard Drive: 160 yards, at an angle of about seventy degrees to the fairway. I have the worst slice you can find. 
    Graphics Card: Humorous Hallmark birthday card with a cat wearing a paper party hat saying "Bring me some cake right meow!" 

My computer sucks. :grimacing: 
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited December 2014
    CPU - Intel i7–4860HQ Quad Core – 3.6GHz
    GFX - NVidia GeForce GTX 980m 4GB Dedicated
    HDD - 256GB M.2 SSD (for os/other important apps)
    - 2TB HDD for everything else
    RAM - 16GB of RAM
    (G.SKILL RipjawsX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 SODIMM 1866Mhz)

Only stuff worth mentioning- 18" Laptop. Can't remember the cooling it has. Think @Ishin asked me this a few weeks ago, and I was vague with what I had >_>

IshinAlastair
  • Acer Aspire One, unmodified.

CPU: Intel Atom N570 1.66 GHz
    RAM: 1.00 GB
    HDD: 219 GB

...And I go to lessers on this thing. >_>;
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • Does it count if the computer hasn't technically been assembled yet?

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

This stuff, plus the power supply, case, etc, were all ordered last night so...in a couple of weeks this'll be my rig.
  • edited July 2015
    I wanted to do this back when, but I couldn't find some of the part numbers and junk. Now that I'm moving, and trashing things that I don't need to keep, I've found all the boxes. There's still a few things I wasn't completely certain about, and they don't make the kind of MixAmp I own anymore, but w/e.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wJmhwP

Don't know why the site is complaining about the case/GPU issue; gfx and mobo fit in the case just fine.

I also have a Corsair 650w PSU, but I don't know specifically which one. That box is at work buried under more paperwork than I prefer to think about. ;_;

The biggest thing I dislike about this build, besides that I stuck with AMD instead of getting an i5/i7 again, is that I'm still using a gtx 560. We've jumped like four generations ahead, I want a gtx 9xx or one of the new Fury's that AMD put out. ;_; Reason I don't upgrade, besides the cost, is that the newest AAA games I'm playing is... like... Skyrim? Hearthstone? There's nothing to stress the GPU at all. I used to like all the power for WoW, but meh.

Edit

I'm also curious, how many of you prefer building your comp to picking up something already put together?

I mean, you know, an amount.

• Don't get a Fury until the price comes down a bit. Not worth it at the current price point. You'd be better off with an R9 390x.
  • edited July 2015
    Obyn said:

Don't get a Fury until the price comes down a bit. Not worth it at the current price point. You'd be better off with an R9 390x.

I'd need a new PSU with it, but sure. Thing is old and I could pass it on to the next build.

Know anything about GSync? I was thinking about getting a 144hz monitor with GSync and a newer Nvidia card, but does AMD have something similar I should be trying to get? Or is the feature even worth mentioning?

Edit

FreeSync. Called FreeSync.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You should upgrade to a dorito.
    Aishia said:

I'll start.

Intel Core i7-4771 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz
    EDIT: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    GIGABYTE GV-N770WF3-4GD GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 gb (for OS mostly!)
    Random other terabyte HD.(I totally need more storage space.)
    ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard (I guess I might as well be hella technical)

Just upgraded to a new monitor! ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms response 80,000,000:1 contrast ratio and fancy stuff and 3d and etc. Not Gsync tho supposedly you can buy a chip to mod it to be.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'd wait a bit for a new card unless you're looking to pay big bucks, my GTX 770 can play any new game at near-maximum stats, I've been dialing back a bit from ULTRA HIGH to try to get high framerate but works with with more grapichial hooey if you want to play at console framerates. The 900 series isn't really THAT big of a jump from the 700-800s unless you're getting a Titan card or something obscene. At least not compared to the quality jumps in some older generations of cards.
  • Honestly, I'm not all that impressed by the Fury or Fury X right now. The closest they're coming to truly competing with Nvidia at the moment is from their R9 300 line, which are really just beefed up R9 200 series gpu's. The benefit there is that if you pick up a 390 or 390x, you're getting a significant increase in power from the 290's and 290x's on an architecture that is tested and reliable at this point. The 390 and 390x properly give the 780ti a run for their money. The Fury series, though, which is intended to compete with the Titan series, just isn't doing the job for what they cost.
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    Define R5 Mid-Tower ATX Case Thermaltake 850w 80+ Gold PSU ASRock Z97 Anniversary LGA1150 motherboard 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 1600 RAM (2x8GB) Intel Core i5 4590 XFX Radeon 290x Asus PB278Q monitor 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD

I rather like it.
  • edited August 2015
    Veovis said:

I also like it. I like that a lot. Kinda curious how much you paid out of pocket and how much you already had.

Pending a spot for @Erzsebet's new machine that's finally up and running today. -_-

• Reux said:

Veovis said:

I also like it. I like that a lot. Kinda curious how much you paid out of pocket and how much you already had.

Pending a spot for @Erzsebet's new machine that's finally up and running today. -_-
    Everything was new, except for the video card. I bought the SSD a few months before I built this, because it was on sale for $40. I got the 290x on eBay. I did most of the purchasing during Prime Day. Newegg and a few other resellers had great sales.

The monitor was so deeply discounted I got it for like $180, but I think it's normally $350 or so.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ahhhhh I wanna get a fancier video card sometimes, like really just buy something STUPID. But I keep talking myself out of it. I spent so much so recently already.
  • http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac?product=MK442LL/A&step=config#

Can someone tell me of this thing will play games like eso?

Other than that I don't really care, except that I want a decent desktop and I am definitely considering gong to mac.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It should RUN them tho that's a pretty crappy graphics card so not like, beautifully. I mean the same money in parts will build a windows computer capable of much more.
    ObynAlastair
  • @Rashar pretty much what @Aishia said. Apple tends to...drastically upprice the hardware that they use in their machines. You could easily get a more powerful Windows PC prefabricated, if you wanted to, for that cost. Or build your own - but then you have to provide the OS yourself, whether that's purchasing a copy or finding someone who has one you can use.
    Alastair
  • edited October 2015
    i5-4440 (3.1 quadcore, locked sadly and no hyperthreading (most needed upgrade imo))

Team Elite Plus 8GB DDR3 1600

Sandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm normal HD

Gigabyte R9 290 4GB (considering OC'ing this and CPU once I get an i7)

Micro ATX if you care, some ASRock or other. Corsair bronze 500W modular psu.

I got most this stuff cheap during black friday and free shipping. I'm also gated by my monitor refresh surprisingly enough right now, I am capped at 60 fps ultra (1080 not 1440) in everything.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
  • I don't know a thing about building a computer. And I'm just not a super huge fan of windows anymore.. not even sure how much it costs, suppose I could look it up.

Hrm.
  • Rashar said:

I don't know a thing about building a computer. And I'm just not a super huge fan of windows anymore.. not even sure how much it costs, suppose I could look it up.

Hrm.

Honestly, as long as you have a clean, dry space to work on (a table or desk), it's pretty simple to assemble a PC from parts. If you don't care for windows, you could always give ubuntu a shot, that's completely free. Hit up /r/buildapc on reddit for help, or shoot me a pm if you decide you want to go that route, I'll help you out.
    Alastair
  • edited October 2015
    To chime in towards @Rashar and @Obyn - Hey Rashy, since you're in NC now, you can always work with me or Obyn on getting parts and I could build it here for you. Been a while since I put one together, but it should be like riding a bike at this point. I've built all of my computers since high school. Overall, you'd save half the money - even if Windows can be a pain. But frankly? Windows now is not that much different than OS X.
  • I may actually go that route, @dristin. Then Asaraii and I can both get desktops and maybe not spend so much. Better than sharing!

Thanks guys.
    Dristin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    AMD FX-8320 CPU (8x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P

DDR3-1866 G.SKILL RipjawsX

AMD Radeon R9 290X 2GB

Asetek 510LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler

...I think that is everything I have, I had to look at the invoice for all the parts.