State of play.

Been away for awhile, thinking of coming back since I have a connection that might let me learn to PVP. How's the game? Which city is the designated RP zone in the rotation at the minute? Is Trigru still a huge butt?

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Trigru is def still a but. Spinesreach is still probably the biggest hotspot, though new Enorian's really beautiful and we're sprucing things up. Game's pretty stable.
    Yusri
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Yusri said:

Is Trigru still a huge butt?

Trigru is a designated butt 24/7.

ArekaEmelleAarbrokIshinYusri
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yusri said:

Been away for awhile, thinking of coming back since I have a connection that might let me learn to PVP. How's the game? Which city is the designated RP zone in the rotation at the minute? Is Trigru still a huge butt?

PVP isn't hard. We teach.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • PVP was always pretty tricky with a full second of latency. Is Cabbie still a mess regarding PVP? If it is I'll probably need to sleaze up to a Sciomancer for a training montage.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Cabalist has definitely got a few upper hands with some of the recent Indorani updates @Yusri - Myself and Xemnas have been testing a few things and honestly most the City combatants in Spinesreach will help with it if interested, because so little is known about Cabalist combat because nobody really does it.

I am not a coder myself, so I don't grasp it as easily but for those who can code it may be a fascinating venture to understand the class, Sciomancer is alot of fun as well..so either would be good.
    Yusri
    That being said it still has some places where it remains needing quite a bit of work, so in group combat definitely its in a really good place, in solo combat...not as much I think...I dont know for sure.
    Yusri
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Mage is great group or 1v1 and @Valingar has a 100% win rate solo as Cabalist.

Yusri
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Hey Valingar never beat me as cabalist just stalemate.
    I would be fascinated to know what is effective as Cabalist, I guess that just requires more testing.
    -At least I know it is viable, but Valingar is a beast so...understandable.
  • It'd be more accurate to say I have no losses in Cabal than that I won all. (though I actually do have a single loss these days and several draws) But I did win a good majority of my fights, but I put a lot of that to bad systems and inexperience dealing with Cabalist. Cabalist also needs willingness to be creative and to ignore people who say you're using your skills lamely. That said, a couple changes've happened since I tried it: domination ents've been buffed up a fair bit (which is great for the class) but Peace has been made focusable (which is a negative). I'm actually curious to try it again.
    I have been testing it, did a good series of spars last night and in the past couple days, with muddling, deform, new domination skills...I can certainly do okay not dying against Indorani and Syssin which is who I have tested with thus far, that being said damage classes still can generally do okay to just put the pain on.

So far though in 1v1 Cabalist, it has been a draw every time, I cant manage to finish it, even with switching things up, something seems to be missing and I am not sure if its on my end (Probably is) or if it is just missing from the class.
    Didi