Faerah

So, Faerah tends to be rather antisocial, but as she is GM now, she's starting to be forced to deal with people outside the Guild. I would love to hear feedback on the character now that she's branching out some, so I am opening this thread to create that opportunity.

She's gone through a lot of changes from the character I initially wrote, so if you knew her before I started playing again: I am curious as to what the the reception of her changes are, fifty years of nightmares later. I barely recognize her most of the time, but her core is still there and intact... At least, I see it every now and again.
Ingram

Comments

• IngramIngram Alaska
    Faerah is a stunning character that's exceptionally three dimensional. Your capacity to convey emotions, actions, even the mood of a situation is great and never divorces me from what's going on. She's realistic, flawed, interesting, so on so forth. I'm -constantly- surprised, never bored, and I am very psyched to see what you do as GM.

Oh, another worth mentioning, character development. You have it, which is something of a rarity for me to encounter. She has change a -lot- since Ingram met her, and that was a fascination process to watch that's still going on.

Don't go changing.
    FurtumJensenIshin
  • Or don't go not changing, maybe is what he was trying to say!

I said it already IG, but it is worth repeating. Faerah sounds really neat. It is rare that a person manages to really lay out how their character is through tells in one (admittedly, long) conversation, but you did, at least to an extent. I really sent that tell for a few minutes of conversation while waiting for something, and it turned into something a lot more than that, until I eventually had to stop for one reason or another. Some things are better in person.

You really managed to intrigue me, even through that one dimensional way of communicating. I'll be finding you soon. (Creepin'.)
    Furtum
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I really like Faerah and hope to get more interaction with her when I have more time to play again. Just through the brief interactions I've had so far, she's changed a lot and I'm seeing something of a tentative friendship developing between her and Teani.

Hoping for more time in the middle of/ the end of summer!

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Haven't had much 1 on 1 time, but I've enjoyed your characters mindset/attitude quite a bit. You also work pretty damn hard so points for that.
  • edited July 2014
    I admit, I made this thread and then did not want to look at it. So, I now I finally did. I appreciate the feedback.

@Ingram: I try to grow her and let the situations around her effect her and move her in the directions I believe it might make sense. It's hard to balance that with her core personality but it's a fun balance to try and strike. I hope the changes feel organic instead of fickle. Thanks for bringing some joy to her life though, otherwise I think she would've taken a nose-dive into a character I wouldn't have had as much fun playing.

@Rashar: I really do hope that Faerah and Rashar find some way to get past the stalemate they're in currently. It's been hard balancing being true to the character - who really does not want anything to do with Rashar - and what I'd like to do - which is open up dialogue between them and RP more.

@Teani: If you asked Faerah, she only has three friends: @Kelliara, @Ishin and @Ingram, and she has no need for any more since friends are just emotional liabilities. Still, she's come from outright hating Teani to being on the warm side of indifferent... Which is a big deal when it comes to Faerah and her interpersonal relationships with people outside her Guild! It will be interesting seeing our characters interact further. I think they'll make a good team on their upcoming project.

@Jensen: Been having a lot of fun interacting with Jensen when we get the opportunity. I hope for more in the future!
  • I really like Faerah as a GM and she was very helpful during Aren's progression. I feel shes truly concerned about the guild and wants everything to go smoothly.
    I haven't really had much one on one with ya yet though.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'd pretty much have to echo what Ingram said.

Faerah has come a very, very long way since the time her and Ishin first met, and despite them not being together, I think her changes have been for the best.

I think she's a great GM, and the amount of work that you/she has put in for the guild is enormous, and it's definitely something I can safely say that WE as an organization are very grateful for.

Despite their rough patches, Ishin is glad to have her as his friend and relies on her, since there are so few people who would, or could, come at him as hard as Faerah does and not get wrecked, or that he would even listen to.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited July 2014
    @Aren: Sounds like I really need to have Faerah interact with people more! It's hard, since she's not one to really talk to people unless she has a particular reason to or there is something that's in need of addressing. She is typically responsive when people reach out to her though.

@Ishin: Despite their, rather glorious, falling outs and disagreements, Faerah and Ishin always find a way to work together and 'get over it' almost as quickly as the fight arrived. It's an interesting dynamic that I was recently told by another Guildie they really liked seeing unfold. ( @Sophastra‌ also might have mentioned wanting popcorn whenever the two of them started fighting with each other. ) At the end of the day though, Fae can always count on Ish to have her back when in counts, and it's appreciated.
    Ishin
  • So... I hesitate to bump this as I know Faerah is not very well liked/received (mostly by design)... But I decided to bump this thread and get some recent feedback on her anyway. It's been over a year since I last bumped this thread so it's about time.
    Aryanne
  • I really like Faerah and the interactions that we've had between the characters. While I don't know if this is/was the case, but it was interesting feeling as though Faerah was vetting Xenia in a relatively mild manner. Throughout this process, it's been fun having Xenia's network of those she knows and are familiar with expand.