The State of PK in Aetolia

124»

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Serrice Leylining is a joke. Ylem doesn't really matter. Not to Spines or Loch anyway. I mean it might to Enorian or Duiran, but it doesn't to us. It isn't like war, where if you lose, you lose a metric shit ton of comms and land, which in turn means stuff is harder to come by for your city. It's not like Landmarks, where if you lose, your side's resource regeneration is a lot lesser than the other side's. THAT was conflict. THAT mattered. Leylining is like a little tease. It COULD matter. Does it? Not particularly.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SeirAngweZsadistMalokXeniaSarkisJensen
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Serrice No one has secret meetings to make plans based around leylines. No one RPs about a lesser. There are no tense, emotionally charged conversations about Ylem, unless someone RPs being sick or something. Don't get me wrong, Ylem conflict is... it's definitely a thing that exists, and that I've enjoyed in the past.

But it doesn't matter, to us players or our characters. Just my two cents.
    IshinMalokXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I remember war being fun sometimes, then being depressing and griefy and not-log-inn-y other times. The way it stretched to all hours and made it so you couldn't do anything or leave cities during conflicts. The way most decisive battles were fought at like 4-5am est when one side or the other played "stay up later" etc. Was only maybe 1-2 wars that felt like a mutual conflict and not a gang-up or just someone being like "ha ha war everyone deal with it now"
    ArekaKerrynSarkis
  • You know, it's not out of the realm of possibility to fix up the shortcomings of the system rather than you know...just removing it and never putting it back in. It sounds/was way too fun to not revisit in some way or another at some point. Aetolia needs something like what is described. There's literally almost no reason to do anything anymore. And as for 'epeen stroking', what exactly is crafting? Is bashing? I mean, everyone is like 'derp derp, I need to be better in the rankings than you' derp derp 'I need to design cooler sounding things than everyone else'. It's all the same, really. Just because my form of epeen stroking doesn't suit your playstyle doesn't mean it's any less important than yours.

Why should your level 3 hunting boons and exp boosts and crafting artifacts see more use than my level 3 weapon rune?

I mean, in the interest of fairness.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Let's not turn this thread into another war over different playstyles. It's been too good. Personally, I'm of a mind that anything that adds nuance and depth to the relationships between different orgs is a good thing for the overall climate of the game.
    Malok
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited July 2015
    I've heard stories about RP being griefy to the same extent I've heard war/pk being griefy. Maybe we should delete emotes until we can fix that.

No revamped or current system is going to stop people from being dicks. People are going to stop people from being dicks.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Kleff
  • Draiman said:

I've heard stories about RP being griefy to the same extent I've heard war/pk being griefy. Maybe we should delete emotes until we can fix that.

No revamped or current system is going to stop people from being dicks. People are going to stop people from being dicks.

Deleting people will stop people from being dicks. Other than that, pretty sure it's here to stay.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Demarcus
  • Razmael said:

Seir said:

Server-side curing.

I feel like you haven't checked out FirstAid in a long time. We've been running their code for FirstAid for quite a few months now minus a couple of extra features they had.
    The main problem with firstaid currently is that it doesn't support Aetolia-specific features, most importantly pre-restore.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    ^

This and a few minor concerns like aeon being spammed by firstaid. I currently run firstaid to pk and its a pain. In most cases I have turn it off to cure things like this or it keeps spamming commands.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ah I just meant war how it used to be. There was an old thread with suggestions on how to improve it I weighed in heavily on!
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aishia said:

Ah I just meant war how it used to be. There was an old thread with suggestions on how to improve it I weighed in heavily on!

I remember that thread. I spent my whole lunch break combing forums for it, but I couldn't find it to share the link :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Ishin said:

Aishia said:

I remember that thread. I spent my whole lunch break combing forums for it, but I couldn't find it to share the link :(
    Not sure if this is the one you're referring to, @Ishin:
    http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1785/your-war-system-ideas#latest

I intend to post there later (yes, another necro, sorry) about ways that we can take the good aspects from the old war system and possibly get rid of some of the aspects that were cumbersome to other players. I have a few good ideas without changing what made the war system great to begin with.