Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    You can't pick up most types of furniture at all once placed.
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Yeah, @Trikal - can't pick up furniture one it's put down.
  • You mean I can carry 500 vials, weapons of multiuple different sizes. Artifacts, changes of seasonal clothing. But, I cannot lift a couch?

DidiIsandeIshin
  • I remember that you can also lift things as huge as Yudhisithira without becoming encumbered. Which reeeeeeaaaallly doesn't make sense, if we can't move furniture around.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    edited July 2015
    The reason we can't lift it, is because some people are poopieheads and steal/move it. But it would be nice if we could re-position furniture or move it if it held your mark. That way at least random people couldn't make off with our furniture, but still allow the owner to shuffle things around in their home.

ArekaEmellePhendegwenIsande
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Flamè sigil?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Then people can mushroom sigil it.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Maybe in addition to the mark thing, the owner of the building it's in can adjust it as well? Most people with their own houses probably don't have furniture as a skill, and I'm guessing GMs/house heads/city leaders don't all either.
    KerrynArekaEmelle
  • edited July 2015
    Innocent reasons aside, there's also the case of wanting to move things like statues placed outside cities with shock sigils on them. Trolling potential with furniture and a shock sigil is up there.

EDIT: At the very least, allowing furniture to be posed with the POSE ITEM system would be nice, that way you could pose said statues/whatnot as being defaced/knocked over at the very least. Or something.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ArekaIsandeAarbrokEmelleXenia
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Sarkis had an idea, that when you purchase furniture, it attains your mark. So you wouldn't require furniture making to move it. But your idea @Sarita would also be nice for Guildhalls and other things.

• since guild favors work weird, Like if I guild favor a gr1 it sends them to gr3.. Can we get like a 'guild promote -person- -rank- so I can guild promote nalor 5, to send them automatically to that rank instead of tons of guild favors and judging if he's going to hit that or, higher?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    LunaTaniwha
  • The furniture / statue trolling is real. There's currently two statues in my shop in Esterport that are there just to troll. I've started posing random items on them in response, but impact sigils added onto statues is very annoying. I'd rather have someone be able to make off with my furniture so I can be angry at them IC for theft then have no way to destroy a statue. For the most part people aren't going to be stealing chairs and couches and such from your shop, and if they are, then you enemy them to the city or whatever, then they stop. Maybe make picking these things up a short channel as you lift it and whatever if something like that's required? Not sure as to why I can carry furniture around, but once it's placed I can't pick it up.
    Xenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Plus some of our characters are kleptomaniacs and if we see a stool left out we just assume it's a free sample.
    KerrynEmelleIsandeXenia
  • Yeah feel free to take the stool samples.
    DidiXeniaAngweAsaraiiArbreTaniwhaPiper
  • Kleptomaniac characters should be banned from places of gathering, we have better ways of dealing with this than allowing for the trolly people to place items that last for literal 2 years just to mess with others. Unless of course you're stealing stool samples, those are indeed free to take.... You should be banned from places of gathering for other reasons if that's you.
    TragerErzsebetEmelleIsandeRiluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    Please ideasupport 4295:

Idea #4295 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2015/07/24 10:15:45: Given that we have shroud relics IE spiritshroud, shadowsroud, fireshroud, airshroud etc. It would be nice to see them deal their element damage instead of just plain "magic" damage from the BLAST skill. The damage it deals is very low and is not going to impact on combat as it is set at an unmodifiable amount of 362 damage on 3.44 equilibrium balance. In most cases this is going to be used for pk-rp events and more so to reinforce rp events where it is required to utilise elemental aspects.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Taniwha
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    Riluo said:

Or suck it up and strut with your fangs!!

But yeah the quest is a bit lame.

Pretty sure Abhorash can cure someone of vampirism, now that he's a Gary Stu.
  • On the topic of the idea about the shrouds, another thing I'd like to say about the element shrouds is how absolutely bad they are with the classes that use the hidden defense. You literally can't use hiding and get the shroud description as well. Please fix this. It's been a thing since they introduced them. Would be nice to be able to use my shadow shroud, but all my classes are hidden. Urgh. Sucks to pick between the two
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    You're not -hiding- in the shadows, you're shrouded in it. Like. Tangible wisps of it. That kind've shit is super obvious and draws too much attention for one to remain hidden in it, was my impression.
    imageimage
  • I disagree - if someone can see you through hidden because of heatsight/shadowsight/whatever, they should be able to see the shadows lurking about you if you have the shadow shroud up too.

Also - can armor have its own 'wear location'? Because 'fullbody' makes it so that it conflicts out with wearing a coat which... In Spinesreach at least is a pain with these new weather patterns.

KerrynDidiXeniaIshinTrikalMalok
    My point was not that it shouldn't be visible if you're hidden, my point was that I don't think you should be able to hide while it's up.

But srsly, yesplz on the armor thing. Or at least give an extra fullbody slot so it can be worn with weather things. Alternatively--armour can be excessively warm with its layers and sometimes padding and so on, make it count as far as how it affects your clothing-related warmth?

Unrelated, I get -why- there's a perpetual blizzard in Snowswell. I do. But could we make it not effect whether or not you can see somehow. Wights were hard enough before, now they're damn near impossible--specifically only possible if we spam a command repeatedly, once in every room as we go along hoping we eventually hit something. And if someone else comes into Snowswell it's hard to avoid kill-stealing from each other, especially since the wights run away and you can't tell the direction from/to which they came. The latter being my biggest complaint. It's annoying enough that it's not instanced and occasionally one has to share it, but I'm not interested in kill-stealing other people's wights. I can't avoid that outcome if I can't -see- them. And we shouldn't require an artifact to use another artifact.
    imageimage
    Isande
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Wightsight. 100cr.

See what I did that? Lols.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    150cr. And I totally thought of that pun yesterday. >.>;
    imageimage
  • Oh! Also... Can GTS come with a newsboard?

Alternatively, can clan probation be set to block newsboard OR chat OR both, instead of newsboard AND chat? In short, I'm trying to consolidate how many org clans are needed and be nice to the people who take up leadership positions.
    TrikalFezzixEydisOletheaIshin
    Speaking of org clans--a way for the org leader to sell off a clan that has been pledged to the org for a set amount of credits or gold would be awesome--with the proceeds of said sale being deposited into org coffers. I know Ve'kahi has way too many clans--too many to even begin to come up with uses for, even if I went excessively nuts and had a novice clan, a combat clan, a council clan, and a clan for every single council position/their domain.
    imageimage
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I think the language in the harvesting code still needs to be updated to reflect the new time system -- yesterday it told me I'd harvested the most I could for the month, but today (same month) my harvest amount has reset.
  • It makes RP sense that you can't see shroud when hidden. 

It also makes RP sense that you have a blizzard in snowswell and a goggles of whitesight would help. 

Both, however, are bad mechanics that likely run counter to the intended purpose, and should have some attention (or at least clarify that they are intended to be as unsatisfactory as they are). 
    Ishin
    edited August 2015
    Doesn't make sense that you can't see shroud when hidden. Makes sense that you wouldn't be able to hide while shrouded.

Also, the two aren't really comparable. One is a relic not working with a specific skill. The other is an artifact that is point-blank requiring another artifact to be functional.
    imageimage
    Ishin
  • Well, if you really do want to go down that path of seeing things in an uncharitable (and even mean spirited) light, one could even argue that you can easily make up for the goggles of whitesight with the free credits that you get from using the snowswell. No other artifact gives you free artifacts every season. It makes sense that you can't see in a blizzard.

But no one else is doing that, because we understand that this is a game. And it is a give and take between RP and OOC expectations as to how things work. We also try to consider things from the point of view of players other than ourselves.

Hiding is a fundamental defence. The shroud's effects is completely negated when hiding. Similarly, players don't expect to have to buy goggles just to use the snowswell. I don't see the need to make any further distinction than that.
    DidiMalokFaerahIshin
  • The last time someone let me borrow their snowglobe, the whole place was covered in a blizzard. I just used the autobasher in Oasis that attacks my target when I move from room to room to kill them all. Made 160 credits in one hour. It's really just a matter of either coding your own version of this, or using an existing version(Oasis is still free, for example, and so is Project Source which I'm sure has something similar).

I would literally do violent things for a snowglobe.

As for my own small idea, which also pertains to the aforementioned topic: Allow us to buy old artifacts like this at a big price at certain points in the year. I'd like to see the percentage of players who still play who have these things. I'm sure it's quite small, and would not offend them too much.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    DidiRasharZsadistIshinXeniaEydis