Considering returning. What's the deal with these classes?

Haven't been around in more than a year, so I have no idea what's changed and what hasn't. MOre than 600 announces is a lot to dig through, so I thought I'd just ask you guys what the PK status of a few classes is like.

Praenomen (Both oldschool and the Bloodborn thing that is now rolled into one)
Indorani
Carnifex
Monk
Teradrim

So how are they doing these days?

Is PvP one big group fest, or can you still find 1v1's?

Comments

• I thought I'd reply since me and @Callidora really miss you since you're an old school member of Bahir'an and all. It'd be awesome to see you come back. That being said, in regards to your question, you can find 1v1s still, but in my experience certain classes are way stronger than others still in that realm. But it goes that way in group fights too.

Praenomen is all one class now. Bloodborn is called the Rituos path for it now, like how you have Sapivi and so forth. Essentially as a Praenomen you can switch between Sanguis and Hematurgy every 4 hours.

Monks are super strong at the moment, you can find entire threads devoted to the topic. They're pretty strong in both 1v1 and group fights both. Really, every class is pretty good at the moment.

I'm not terribly fond of Indorani's strength after aeon got changed so drastically, but it's good in a lot of ways as well(if not played that much anymore in lieu of better classes, like the ones you listed).

This is just my opinion. I'm sure you'll form your own if you give things a shot again, and I'm willing to help you get situated with free curatives and vials and so forth if you just shout at me when you see me on in the House.

Hope to see you soon, @Fenrir!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Has Multiclassing been put in the game yet? If Teradrim is a strong class I would very much like to try it out, but I can't imagine giving up Praenomen to have it.

If memory serves I have some defensive artifacts. Level 2 Enhance, level 2 fortitude. What offensive options for Teradrim are there? If Teradrim is NOT considered a strong class, don't worry about answering this question.

I hear Carnifex throw out the deeps these days. Last time I heard, they were considerably overshadowed by Templars. I think. (I could be wrong and mixing up my games here, but weren't they dual wielding blunt weapons or something? Could totally be confusing that with Achaea.) Finally, how do Carnifex go once they're offensively artifacted?
  • Multiclassing is in the game. I currently have Praenomen, Indorani, and Carnifex at Tri-Trans each. I think Teradrim can have the weapon runes like the other weapon classes on their flail. Not sure though, never played it. Teradrim is strong, but requires a lot of building into limb offenses and stuff like that. If you can get your head around that, its one of the best ones from what I've seen. It also has the utility of being able to destroy Vibes, which is really useful at lessers.

Carnifex mostly use 2h weapons now, either bardiche or warhammer. You can go the limb route with warhammers and blunt damage, or you can go the affliction/soul poison route with bardiche. Or a mixture. I find Rituos personally to be better for me than Carnifex in pvp, but I love Carnifex for bashing. It feels like I'm cheating when I use it for bashing.

As for offensively in pvp, I think @Draiman said once how I as doing like 34% of his health every 2.3s, and I have max level weapon runes, and rune of cutting, and like 20-21 strength fully buffed. Still less than Monk, but also with the added bonus of having afflictions.

Hope this helps...I'm sure someone else could give more insight or be more technical, but just trying to help a Housemate out with my personal experiences. :P
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    Praenomen (Both oldschool and the Bloodborn thing that is now rolled into one)
    Praenomen are being rebuilt ground up which is exciting to know. Currently they are pure high damage (high strength/knuckles or a high damage weapon) and pretty lacklustre in all other departments. Pretty much hit hard and pray they do not out pace your damage with sip arti.

Bloodborn are the same old stuff with nothing new except the rituals are super easy and a single command now, which is amazing. They are still pretty much buy a lot of credits to compete (crown, runes 3, arti phial, protection). Sadly it still suffers once people spam shield. They got umbrage as a skill to counter this which is amazing on paper. Although utter rubbish in reality as it requires high levels of bleeding on target to make it function correctly (IE) get them to bleed 150+ then it clots their bleeding to zero, then start again until you do this three times in a row all under 20 secs! It is therefore undoable in 1v1 but ok in team.

Indorani
    Never played it sorry :(
    Carnifex
    Great class if you are willing to set up your hounds. It is very good at limb damage these days and once you code the offence you are powerful in a team and not bad 1v1.
    Monk
    Very powerful currently with insane damage and limb damage that requires little more than blackout/kai cripple and kai strike.
    Teradrim
    Sorry do not play this one.

Is PvP one big group fest, or can you still find 1v1's?
    I get a fair amount off 1v1, although team pk is 80% of combat these days.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Thank you @Riluo !

Can anyone who has knowledge of the Teradrim comment on what they're like if their offense is augmented by artifacts?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Optimize for damage and autobash someone to death.

• Serrice said:

Optimize for damage and autobash someone to death.

Goodness.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It also has a very fine limb damage route that most people have a hard time defending against if you understand the principles of limb combat (opportunity costs of attacks, damage dealt vs. damage cured, timing attacks).

Riluo
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited July 2015
    Mostly just auto bash someone to death. That way when people start to hate you, they just group you with everyone else who does it and the hate is less felt. If you use thoughtful tactics that require different curing orders than what people are use to or refined curing methods you'll just get called different names that all mean Xiuhcoatl.

ETA useful information:

Considering Indorani at least - the class is actually not that good. There are methods you can use to weed out the lazy and/or incompetent, but once they are figured out, you will be having a super rough time vs. fitness.

Edit #2: There's also Lover's which probably needs nerfed but probably not going to happen until it sees more use.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Prae is in the midst of a revamp. So it sucks now but will hopefully be good later. 

Indorani is easy to pick up and play. But you reach its maximum potential quickly and any experienced fighter should be able to outdo you. It is a bit like a beginner class. I started out with it. 

The other three classes are very respectable.

Teradrim is limb based. It starts out slow, but when you start to build momentum and the target hasn't stopped you before then, they're dead.

Monk especially requires you to pay attention to defensive (on top of offensive) aspects. Much of its tanking and curing is active, so you can't take it easy and neglect those decisions.

Carnifex has a venom lock route on top of its limb route. So if you come from an aff route background, that would work as a fallback if tinkering with limbs doesn't work out.