Project Source Support - Version 1.1 Update - 6 JUNE

edited June 2015 in Tech Talk

Project Source

** UPDATED 6 JUNE**
To install, close mudlet and replace the existing source.xml

06JUN2015 V1.1 - Click here to see change log - Click here to download
05JUN2015 v1.01 Bug Fix -- Changes to Aetolia's pathing system resulted in some unwanted doubling. This has been addressed.
31MAY2015 v1.0 Released

We're happy to be releasing v1.0 of Project Source.

Click here for initial installation download

• Large team of developers and testers.
  • First Aid based curing for improved speed.
  • Full GMCP support and tracking.
  • Standardized hooks and global variables for easy expansion using modules.
  • Integrated map using Aetolia's pathing system for increased speed. Favorite location system included.
  • and Much More.
We will continue to refine existing systems and add new features. If you would like to be involved in Project Source, please contact a member of CLANHELP PS.

If you need support with the system, please reply here, or ask in the clan. The clan is open to anyone who would like to use, support or develop this system.

Comments

• edited June 2015

Installation

Click here for initial installation download

It is recommended that you do a clean installation of Project Source, even if you currently use Tripwire on your first installation. If you are updating, see the top post of this thread.

1.) In Mudlet's select a profile screen click the +New button. Name the profile whatever you wish and use Server Address: Aetolia.com Port: 23.

2.) Once you've selected your new profile, unzip the contents of the link below to the profile directory. This can be found at C:\Users\\.config\mudlet\profiles\

* We recommend dragging this folder over to the left and adding it to your Favorites tab to make navigating to this folder easier in the future for updates.

3.) In mudlet, navigate to the menu - Options|Preferences
    a.) On the first panel, check the enable GMCP tick
    b.) On the last panel, check the top and bottom ticks
    c.) Click save

4.) Now that the files are in place, double click the profile to enter the game, however do not connect yet. At the top, go to Toolbox|Module Manager and add the Source.xml and Personal.xml file that you unzipped to your profile directory.

Set the priority of source.xml to 1 and click the sync button. Set the priority of personal.xml to 2 and click the sync button. Restart mudlet.

5.) In mudlet, navigate to Toolbox|Script Editor, on the left, in the Triggers, Alias, Scripts and Macros sections, delete the mudlet-mapper folder, it is not needed with this system.

6.) Once you are logged into Aetolia, type "setupfirstaid" without quotes. This will set your first aid up to the default settings for Project Source. This only needs to be done once. You are now ready to use the system.

Be sure to explore the 'setting' command to set all of your mount's, pipe's, syringe's etc. IDs to work with Project Source.

** New Users **

Ensure any Alias, macros or other additions you add go in the personal folder, otherwise they will be lost when updating to a newer version of Project Source.

If you come across a room that is unmapped, such as the Wings or Amulet artifact rooms, simply type MAP HERE.

** Note for Developers & Advanced Users **

If you wish to retain the settings you had in a previous installation of tripwire, simply move all files that start with tw. to the new profile folder and change the tw. at the beginning of those filenames to ps.

**Developers** All variables have been changed to the ps. prefix. If you need to convert existing personal modules, simply open the xml in an editor such as Notepad++ and use the find and replace feature to change all instances of tw. to ps. and you're good to go.
  • also reserved
  • BUG: Defup is using pear instead of pancreas slice for waterbreathing.
  • First I have to say that source is way faster than tripwire and has not lagged at all so far. I was one of those whom had a lot of lag issues with tw. So yay to that! :)

@Dragos yeah had already changed it. Also I added raiders to clan list for it to announce the foci collapse in the clan.
    I am having some double outc of slices, that could be my stuff not sure and I am still checking that.
  • how to you turn on web listening?
  • feature request: Can the current room's Vnum be added to the top bar or the bottom bar?
  • Taken care of, thank you dragos. I'll also look into adding that feature.
  • Found a few issues so far, some more aesthetic than others. For now, I'll address my top ones.

1. While trying to do leylines with TW, I had a few spots say that a destination was unknown but it'd still go ahead and take me there. However, I only got maybe five places into the LEYGO when a destination wasn't recognized and it refused to take me. I couldn't seem to skip trying to go to that location so apparently my leylining will never be able to proceed past that point. Wondering if there can be a feature for forcing travel onward or simply skipping to the next location in the list?

2. When disabling web Listening, TW announces quite the opposite in Web despite actually succeeding. (The "Listening To:" visual on the right side updates to reflect none, at least.) Also, there is a typo. This all happened yesterday so I ran another test tonight with someone else this time and the issue still occurred.
    [3826(100%)|3590(93%)|0|100%|106%|48.14%|Md:0%] [HMcsdb eb]caller rajazel
    [Source]: Info: Target Listening Enabled for Rajazel!
    wt Web Listening Enabled for Rajazel
    (Web): You say, "Web Listening Enabled for Rajazel."
    [3826(100%)|3590(93%)|0|100%|106%|48.14%|Md:0%] [HMcsdb eb]caller off

[Source]: Info: Target Listening Disabled for Everone!
    wt Web Listening enabled for Everyone!
    That is not a valid command. Type HELP BASECOMMANDS for a list of common commands.
    [3826(100%)|3590(93%)|0|100%|106%|48.14%|Md:0%] [HMcsdb eb]
    (Web): You say, "Web Listening enabled for Everyone!"

3. With gags off (I dislike being unable to see what things are doing), I've noticed that some commands I'm sending such as the one above for disabling weblistening are actually being sent to the MUD, provoking a 'That is not a valid command' response despite working. Is this intentional?

4. Apparently rebounding doesn't like to work on it's own because the pipe isn't lit. I checked the pipes under setting to see if they are assigned and they are, yet the command being sent to smoke isn't using the ID numbers anyway. Also, despite failing to smoke since the pipe isn't lit, a false positive of having smoked is being sent to TW.. triggered off the command itself rather than the success or failure. This wastes time as the defs have to catch up and correct themselves when it's noticed that there is no rebounding going up.
    [Source]: Info: Rebounding has been turned On
    smoke skullcap

[Source]: Info: +DEF+ REBOUNDING
    That pipe isn't lit.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    We made the system to work with artefact syringes/pipes, so it will need to be tweaked.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Minor update 1.01 is released to correct a bug that caused duplicate prompts due to a recent change, also includes some minor fixes. Expect a full version release soon.
  • Version 1.1 will be released later today. All the issues mentioned in this thread have been addressed with the exception of pipe lighting and LEYGO. I will look into the pipe lighting soon. As for the Ylem searching, I will be working on a more usable system to automate the process of tracking down foci.

New Features:
    -- Hidden Affliction tracking, the system will now track and diag hidden afflictions.

-- Semi-Automated Bashing. Simply turn bashing on, toggle SETTING AUTOBASH and enter an area. As you walk around the target will change, using the mobs specific number, and attack until it is all dead. This works off of the mob_tables, so if the area you're in isn't working, check the tables. You can post the name of the area, and all of the mobs in that area here and it will be added in next version and I will provide something to paste in to Source to make it work in the mean time.
    ** Ensure you have read and understand HELP AUTOMATION before using the above system.

-- Area runner, run all the rooms in an area automatically. Go to an area and type RUNSTART and RUNSTOP to stop. It will then move room to room until you have visited all rooms. (or run into something that blocks you, i'm still working on that, consider the feature a beta, it works most places) ** Will not work in instances **
    ** Ensure you have read and understand HELP AUTOMATION before using the above system.

-- Basic AI setup has been established inside of Source. This is still in the early stages as we continue to flesh out enemy affliction tracking. A couple basic AIs have been included as examples, though they are very old, so don't expect them to work without modification. Use ENGAGE, F1, or click the PVP button to start attacking your target with AI.

-- Changed clan_list settings. Search for clan_list for instructions on how to keep your clan alias' between updates without having to repopulate them.

-- Multiple minor bug fixes have been implemented, if you notice the system throwing errors in the error box of the system window, please let us know about them here.

*** Secret Sauce Users ***
    With the new changes to the Source, SS is now deprecated and can be removed. If you notice something missing, please let @Paithan know, or move it to your personal xml.

If you have any questions, comments, bugs or feature requests, please leave a note here or join us in the Project Source (PS) clan!

Drahkuna
  • edited June 2015
    Just dropping a few issues I've come across here:

1. The DEF list appeared to not be automatically resetting after a death - Defs show as applied in DEF list so none will apply when DEFUP is entered. When the Mudlet trigs are disabled with the bomb icon, DEF in game shows that there are, indeed, no defenses up. After puzzling over the issue and updating to the new release to see if it fixed, I discovered that the system is simply not unpausing itself when returning back to life after dying. Unpausing to clear defs so one can start to def back up could be triggered for efficiency, like in Entropy.

2. Deffing up gets stuck in an loop of continuous attempts if a defense fails to be applied, and will not advance to the next defs.

3. -- particularly Mindseye if you use an Allsight earring instead. Can we have an option built-in for that? I've currently got it working for me but it doesn't feel tidy.

4. Leylining mapping - Some locations still not working properly. Last release, it was 'Tiyen Indoron Inner Sanctum' that the leylining would stop on. This release it was 'Birka Mire', but I managed to add it to the ignores lost. However, I then got stuck next on "the Academy of Duiran" which the leylining refuses to ignore despite me adding it to the ignores list too.
    leygo

[Source]: Info: Checking The Academy of Duiran (316)
    goto The Academy of Duiran gallop

[Source]: ERROR: Having an issue finding a room in the zone we can path to.

[Source]: ERROR: I dont know the location The Academy of Duiran yet!
    edit: Apparently I left off part a sentence on accident! Fixed.
  • Isande said:

Just dropping a few issues I've come across here:

3. -- particularly Mindseye if you use an Allsight earring instead. Can we have an option built-in for that? I've currently got it working for me but it doesn't feel tidy.

leygo

[Source]: Info: Checking The Academy of Duiran (316)
    goto The Academy of Duiran gallop

[Source]: ERROR: Having an issue finding a room in the zone we can path to.

[Source]: ERROR: I dont know the location The Academy of Duiran yet!
    edit: Apparently I left off part a sentence on accident! Fixed.

The mindseye thing can be fixed with SETTING MINDSEYE EARRING, or SETTING MINDSEYE MINDSEYE. It is under SETTING DEFS, iirc.

• edited June 2015
    Thank you kindly, Satomi, but if I recall correctly, I tried both those straight off and it still wouldn't work. The game still kept sending just "MINDSEYE" over and over. I went into the system's mudlet settings manually and changed the Mindseye tattoo line in the 'defaults' script to:

ps.settings.defs.mindseye = "allsight"

Now when the defup trigger queries the defaults for what to touch for the Mindseye tattoo, it touches Allsight instead, which is a nicely workable situation as that is my earring. The only downside is that Mindseye stays listed under current tattoo defs but it works! Hope this info helps others too.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Mindseye is the actual defense name, if that's what you're meaning.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I did something similar. Levitation wanted to make me sip euphoric, so i removed levitation from the curatives defenses and added it in end game as hover. But levitation kept showing up as not up even thought I was hovering. So finally i named the defense levitation in end game but with the action "hover" instead.

levitation = {
    action = "hover",
    balances = {"balance", "equilibrium"},
    reqs = function() return ps.race and ps.race:lower() == "azudim" end,
    redef = true,

Maybe not the perfect way to do it but it works. :p
    Ishin
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited June 2015
    @Neoma its better to use euphoric for levitation as it doesn't use balance to put up and against someone who uses PIT its quicker so you're not sucked into it

@Isande allsight defence line is MINDSEYE that's why it shows up as a tattoo on DEF just like Ishin said but it just means your allsight is up/working :p

and, ps.settings.defs.mindseye = "allsight" - every since the new enchantment it seems touch earring doesn't always touch allsight it touches the earring. If the first earring ran out of allsight then it doesn't do nothing so it is better to 'touch allsight'
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Nalor said:

@Neoma its better to use euphoric for levitation as it doesn't use balance to put up and against someone who uses PIT its quicker so you're not sucked into it

@Isande allsight defence line is MINDSEYE that's why it shows up as a tattoo on DEF just like Ishin said but it just means your allsight is up/working :p

and, ps.settings.defs.mindseye = "allsight" - every since the new enchantment it seems touch earring doesn't always touch allsight it touches the earring. If the first earring ran out of allsight then it doesn't do nothing so it is better to 'touch allsight'

If it's trying to touch earring for allsight, and that's not the game's keep-defense engine, then just search for 'touch earring' and change it to 'touch allsight' instead. Easy fix.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
  • Weird.. Mine works perfectly, just using what I did.. I also had to add defenses, though, to that list. Tremorsense being one of them.

• Is there some sort of default starter map or something? I started out with a blank slate, and while I can potentially go and do MAP HERE for every room I know about in the game, I'd quite frankly rather not... did I mess something up in installation?

Also, looks pretty good! I had to put my wrapwidth to 92, because it was cutting words off. Is that going to bork the system?

Finally, I'd be happy to offer what little I know about programming. My new "job"/"occupation" has had me start doing some programming, and now that I have a vague idea of what I'm doing I actually kind of enjoy it. Not sure how much I can contribute, but I'm pretty good at breaking things!
  • @Alissandra go to setting mapper and hit download, should update the map
  • I don't see a download button or link or anything. :-(
  • edited June 2015
    Hello!
    I suspect that the download link for 1.1 version is still leading to 1.01 instead, as I replaced the source XML with it twice now and all it runs is 1.01 still. Typing CHANGES shows only the changelog entries for 1.0 and 1.01, and searching in settings for RUNSTART brings up nothing.

Can we get an updated link to 1.1, or perhaps a directory that includes it?

-All good, got it figured out. Was taking directions too literal this whole time and only replacing the XML as stated instead of also going in and adding it afterward under Package Manager. Once I did that, I had two copies of Source settings but the second set was 1.1 stuff so I'm on a roll now.
  • the waterbreating defence is still using pear instead of pancreas for the undead.
  • Go into mudlet and do a search on 'waterbreathing' and select the curatives script. Go to the section that has waterbreathing, and replace it with this:

waterbreathing = {
    action = {"outc pear;eat pear", "outc pancreas;eat pancreas"},
    balances = {"herb"},
    consumes = {"herb"},
    reqs = function() if ps.living then return checkCache("pear") else return checkCache("pancreas") end end,
    redef = true,
    },
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • I came across an issue, and I'm not sure if it has been resolved or not. My character started becoming tired, needing sleep badly. I tried SLEEP, but the character kept waking up. So I cured insomnia with goldenseal. I tried SLEEP again, and firstaid kept waking the character up. I was forced to completely turn off both PS and firstaid in order to have Prel sleep. Is there a quick way to set up something to pause the system and firstaid with just SLEEP? And then use an alias to start up PS and firstaid?
    Didi
  • You should just be able to PAUSE and it'll pause PS. As for Firstaid, i'm not entirely sure.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    @Prel

To make firstaid turn on/off make an alias like this:

if faid then faid = false send("firstaid on") cecho("\nFirstaid: on!") else send("firstaid off") cecho("\nFirstaid: off!") faid = true end

Then type "aid" to switch it on and off. I do this on my phone to stop some issues with firstaid overriding my things. You could make the cecho stuff nicer with colours I think??? Ask around.

Also try these triggers

^You close your eyes, curl up in a ball, and fall asleep.$

send("firstaid off")
    send("pause")

^You open your eyes and yawn mightily.$

send("firstaid on")
    send("unpause")

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I am curious where the custom prompt is located in PS because I wanted to see what Madness looks like and what color it is. I wasn't sure why Blood shows zero on the prompt. So I am wondering if I edit the prompt, will it mess up the system?
    Take a look for return isPrompt() I think it is. Hopefully that's what they used instead of friggin' copying the prompt exactly.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin