Help Files

124»

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited November 2014
    Can this thing be added to GUILD PRIVS please?

CLAN RESET clan name TO new head
    - For city/guild leaders. Instates a new clan head of a clan pledged
    to the city or guild."

IshinTeaniMoirean
    It's the Areka show!

While it would be a bit more of a project, the racial help files could use with some updating and fleshing out.

Things like clearer references for where communities of those races live (npc villages, general geography, etc), the styles of clothing or notes on culture and ritual and god tendencies/communal values in those areas (maybe updated in the area name files for that?).

These would both help give some depth and enrich the world but also give new people (or old people) trying to develop characters, histories, and roleplay, a bit more to work with with the rest of what makes a character other than basic anatomy.
    TeaniIshin
  • edited November 2014
    Areka said:

While it would be a bit more of a project, the racial help files could use with some updating and fleshing out.

Things like clearer references for where communities of those races live (npc villages, general geography, etc)

I started editing the wiki to reflect the information that can be found about races throughout the forums and such, there was also some infobox template that wasn't used on all pages. If I wasn't sure about something then I just left those parts around, because I'm pretty neev (ha) around here so won't make guesses.

http://wiki.aetolia.com/Category:Races
    IshinAreka
  • Can we have HELP CELEMAS, HELP IRONBEARD, and maybe HELP HOLIDAYS/CELEBRATIONS added to explain a few things like that?

Politics
    PerilunaIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think I may have bugged this before, but I guess it's more of a help file thing - AB [skillset] RANKS doesn't show lesson requirements for tiered skillsets. For example:

You possess the following abilities in Savagery:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** Next ability in 7 lessons ***
    Raze 0% Novice (7 lessons)
    Fearless 33% Novice (10 lessons)
    Fluidity 66% Novice (13 lessons)
    Block 0% Apprentice (16 lessons)
    Fitness 50% Apprentice (25 lessons)
    Envenom 0% Capable (34 lessons)
    Gripping 33% Capable (52 lessons)
    Mastery 66% Capable (70 lessons)
    Stalwart 66% Adept (148 lessons)
    Cruelty 0% Skilled (178 lessons)
    DoubleTarget 0% Virtuoso (600 lessons)
    Furor 50% Virtuoso (756 lessons)
    Charging 25% Fabled (1006 lessons)
    Reveling 33% Mythical (1438 lessons)
    Reckless 66% Mythical (1586 lessons)

You can use the following hammer attacks:
    Bash 0% Inept.
    Swatting 0% Adept.
    Crush 33% Skilled.
    DoubleBash 66% Skilled.
    HammerThrow 66% Gifted.
    BruteForce 0% Expert.
    GutCheck 0% Fabled.
    HerculeanRage 50% Fabled.
    Batter 75% Fabled.
    Pulverize 0% Transcendent.

You can use the following polearm attacks:
    Hack 0% Inept.
    Carve 75% Apprentice.
    Sweep 33% Adept.
    Spinning 66% Skilled.
    Razehack 0% Gifted.
    Skewer 33% Gifted.
    Deepwound 33% Expert.
    Precision 66% Expert.
    Hooking 25% Virtuoso.
    Whirlwind 75% Virtuoso.
    Dismember 0% Mythical.

As you can see, the BASIC skills show lessons, but hammer and polearm don't have lesson costs next to them. They don't line up either (eg both hammer and polearm have a 75% virt skill, while basic doesn't) so people have to sit and do math to figure out skill costs.
    Would be great if HELP SPAR also listed the syntaxes for how to challenge someone, accept, and ranked spars.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Can we get TATTOOS MEMORISE added to HELP TATTOOS pretty please?

Ishin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Now that the weather has been altered, updating HELP WEATHER to accurately describe the various states of undress as well as required levels of it for different areas would be appreciated.

IshinPypoVeovis
    1) could HELP FIRSTAID be updated for the various syntaxes to be listed in completion?

FIRSTAID CURESET SHARE is missing , etc, which is pretty important to making it work!

Additionally, could CURESETS/CURESET be given its own printing of syntaxes for how to work with FIRSTAID CURESET, so saving/sharing doesn't require you to HELP FIRSTAID and then hit MORE to the end of the file repeatedly?
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I guess I'm getting to bump this!

The ones that bug me the most right now are HELP ARTISANALS and HELP BARDICS, and they are so outdated that I personally wouldn't even know where to begin with changing them.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Hmm... we can either delete them or put DISCONTINUED across the top in giant letters.
  • Add a scroll to HELP 11 or HELP 10 which explains what the Divine Advisory is and include how a God is added.

As of right now, you have to dig through rumors and news posts for it and it's still not clear.

I suggest HELP 10.1.1 since Guild Patron is part of HELP 8.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited June 2019
    Here are some notes for HELP 14
    https://pastebin.com/w9mNHKT5

HELP 1
    https://pastebin.com/k1aJ3BnN

and HELP 11
    https://pastebin.com/AvW0WTKV
    Also, see the note above, where it requests information about how to choose Patrons for guilds, as I think that would be a good thing to add.

Since the LOOKUP system does not only refer to word, but brings up people and events as well, perhaps refer to it as an encyclopedia instead of a dictionary, as that makes more sense than just looking up what words mean.

ImvraAloli
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    I saw in HELP HELPEDIT after I posted idea 5436 that it recommends using this thread to submit helpfiles. I've fixed up a HELP TIDESAGE ARTIFACTS which doesn't currently exist, here's the pastebin link:

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/-rbHAXV4
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.