Child's Play

JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
This is a little trial I did for @‌Aren

You have emoted: Visibly roasting in the sun, Jensen says, "Dun take this personally, but I wish ta test yer resolve."

Aren hesitates, watching the fire on your skin, "My...resolve?" he questions.

You have emoted: "Aye, my trust in ya in without question." Jensen says before issuing you a curt nod. "But I want ta know where yer line is an' iffin ye'll willin' ta cross it."

You say, "Which brings us here."

We head into Arbothia

You have emoted: Silently, Jensen moves behind the child, resting his hands upon the child's small shoulders.

You ask, "Iffin required ta, would ya kill this child fer tha guild?"
An Arbothian child shrieks in terror, fleeing!
Looking past you, the child bounds off, racing to other adventures in the northwest.

We go looking and resume where we left off

A bustling Arbothian workshop.

A scruffy apprentice bends over his work, his shaggy hair falling into his eyes. Nadmar the ropemaker plies his trade here, his hands quick and deft. Busily involved in the serious business of being young, a child plays intently. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading east (open pine door) and down (closed pine door).
Nadmar the ropemaker eyes you suspiciously.
An Arbothian child says, "Oh no! A monster! Please don't hurt me!"
An Arbothian child cowers in fear.

Aren's jaw tightens, "Depends why and what the kid did to deserve it." he replies dryly.

You have emoted: Tightening his grip on the boy, Jensen replies, "This one, prolly noffin', but there will be others that will require death... Swiftly, 'n no hesitation given."

You say, "I want ta know iffin ya can do it er not."
An Arbothian child shrieks in terror, fleeing! (Door was closed this time)

You have emoted: Jensen head cocks to the side as he gazes at Aren with interest.

Aren runs a hand through his hair, "That's a loaded question. If he was shadowbound, yes, I could put him out of his misery. To do it for fun, no..."

You have emoted: Coldly, Jensen states, "I kill fer tha guild 'cos duty demands it, how it makes me or anyone else feel is irrelevant."

"I'm also no sheep." Aren replies, his eyes narrowing, "I will question orders that seem wrong or that I don't understand."

You say, "Will ya kill this boy fer tha guild, so that I may know when tha time comes that yer able ta do tha deeds required."

(Kid fled again, we just pretend he's here for sanity)

You have emoted: Jensen's grip on the boy, tightens.

Aren immediately shakes his head, "No." he answers, now only looking worried, "My duty and loyalty to the guild shouldn't be measured on if I'll kill an innocent boy or not." he explains.

You have emoted: Jensen's head bows in a slight nod. The sickening crunch of the boys neck reverberates through the warehouse. "Yer loyalty is not questioned," the vampire speaks somberly. "When I studied tha Rhythm we learnt there was no shame in a deer bein' a deer or a lion bein' a lion. I jus' needed ta know yer limits, so that in a crisis where we needed ta kill a Shadowbound child, ya'd do it unquestioningly." The boys body drops to the floor, but Jensen's eyes remain on you.

Aren's violet eyes widen at the sound and for a moment it looks as if he may go to the child before thinking better of it, "I'm no deer either. I'll act when appropriate and when it comes to shadowbound I have no limits. That wasn't needed though."

You have emoted: Jensen looks down at the frail, broken body. "Perhaps, perhaps not. In our war against tha Shadowbound, we will be wrong, we will likely kill innocence, 'n we will be hated fer it." His gazes moves back to yours, expressionless, no fear, hatred, or joy. "The consequences of failure, that more may be possessed or die overrule tha death of one."

Aren exhales, "I'm willing to accept that for the greater good but this," he waves a hand over the corpse, "I won't kill innocents just to do it, or to make a point."

You say, "I needed ta know, in a controlled settin'"

You say, "I dun wish ta find out when our lives are on tha line."

Angry now, Aren snaps, "Then ask me! Don't kill some damn kid!"

You have emoted: Shaking his head, Jensen replies, "I hold value in tha action."

Aren scowls, "Well, you have your answer. No, I won't kill a child for shits and giggles. Yes, I will if they're a threat. Yes, I will if they're shadowbound or could potentially be."

You have emoted: Jensen nods his head, though seemingly unmoved. "We shall see when tha time comes, I do hope yer right."

Aren crosses his arms, "I know myself. Like you said, there's no shame in being what you are."

You say, "I do not shame ya for it."

You say, "I jus' needed ta know."

Aren only nods his head once, "Anymore tests?"

You have emoted: Shaking his head, Jensen replies, "No. We're done here." The vampire glances down then back at you again, "I understand iffin ya won't follow me back."

Aren Ratek Yaslana says, "I'll come."

You nod your head emphatically.

We arrive home

--- Inside the outer gate ------- 5:-15:0 ---
Just inside the outer gate, the layout of the Outer City and the Citadel can be seen. The road
passes through the gates and slowly bends back and forth as it descends into the Outer City and the valley below. Near the end of the road, the way begins to ascend again towards the inner gates of the Citadel. Along the road's edge, small buildings and a number of farms have been built, providing the city with trade and food. The outer wall of the city stretches to the east and the west, sealing off the valley from attacks from the south. The outer gate cuts through the wall to the southeast, while the road through the Outer City stretches to the west. A small stairway cut into the stone wall allows access to its ramparts. A five-sided pillar of dark, smoky quartz clutches at the sky with lightning-wreathed claws of stone, surrounded by a veil of turbulent air. A granite monument stands here, its surface polished to a shine. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A blood red flag flaps in the wind, depicting a snarling white lion. A grand pair of gates, seemingly formed from solid ice, stand thrown open here. A division of Spirean military police loiters here, surveiling the city streets. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A Syssin Inquisitor waits nearby, blending in with his surroundings. There are 2 cabalists of jherza here. There are 2 Atabahi guards here. There are 2 Spirean Sciomancers here. Dark fur stretched tightly over sinewy muscles, this giant wolf snarls at those who walk too close. Aren Ratek Yaslana is here, shrouded. He wields a needle-pointed dirk in his right hand. A half-built barricade spans the outer gate and the smell of wood shavings and tar hangs heavy in the air.
You see exits leading southeast, west, and up.

You nod your head at Aren.

Aren gives you a respectful salute.

Aren Ratek Yaslana says, "Take care."

Aren Ratek Yaslana says, "Voltda."
PiperMoireanIshinJayceEmelleHavenMinaretTeani

Comments

• I had a lot of fun! I've never really RP'd one on one with Jensen but looking forward to more. Thanks :)
    JensenIshinFaerah
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited July 2014
    God, I love Jensen.

And Aren as ever was pro. You two kids, you.

Awesome log on all parts.
    JensenIshinFaerah
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Jensen's stone cold.
    FaerahXenia
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Epic.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JensenAshmerFaerah
  • This was great. Good job on both parts. I love sharing a Guild with both of you.
    IshinJensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm glad you all liked it! I'm going to try and do stuff like that more often.
    Teani
    How else would Jensen make baby back ribs?
    FaerahAarbrokIshinMoireanPiperTeani
    I now know what design I'm makin when I get home.
    IshinPiper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    <3@Aren even though Haven feels thoroughly betrayed.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Could always join the party
    FaerahAarbrokIshin
  • Moirean said it best, Jensen's stone cold. This was a fun read.

Jensen
  • You wanna tell me that as soon as we remove the "CHILD KILLERS" message from your guildhall YOU GO AND KILL A CHILD?

i am rapture coder
    FaerahIshinXavinJensenMoireanPiperHavenTeani
    @omei you make it sound like I had stopped at one point
    EmelleIshinMoireanHaven
    Omei said:

You wanna tell me that as soon as we remove the "CHILD KILLERS" message from your guildhall YOU GO AND KILL A CHILD?

Your red graffiti was offensive, yo. <3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Jensen
  • Omei said:

You wanna tell me that as soon as we remove the "CHILD KILLERS" message from your guildhall YOU GO AND KILL A CHILD?

To be fair, we never said we weren't... We just asked to get the graffiti cleaned up because it had been a long time and we couldn't remove it ourselves! Besides, @Aren is a Syssin who isn't a child-killer (yet). So it was just an over-generalization really... Yeah.
    Ishin
    @faerah, @ishin, and my character breakdowns all list on why you should hate/fear us is that we will kill your kids. It was all independently decided too, birds of a feather and all that
    FaerahIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    So that's where all the orphans went.
    Ishin
    Cutest lil spareribs you ever saw
    HavenIshin
  • Time to decorate your GH with dead Spirean children.
    OmeiIshinPiper
    edited January 2015
    (Syssin): Aren says, "By the way, Jensen."
    (Syssin): You say, "Yes?"
    (Syssin): Aren says, "I'm not too happy about you treating me as your pet."
    (Syssin): You say, "What are ya prepared ta do 'bout it, Lieutenant?"
    (Syssin): Aren says, "A fight of our own."
    (Syssin): You say, "So tha pup has fangs, eh? Good."
    (Syssin): Aren says,"You tell me the time and place."
    (Syssin): You say, "My domain, tha prison yard. When ever yer ready."
    (Syssin): Ishin says,"I'll observe, if the two of you would like."
    (Syssin): Aren says, "You tell me the time and place."
    (Syssin): You say, "My domain, tha prison yard. When ever yer ready."
    (Syssin): Ishin says, "I'll observe, if the two of you would like."
    (Syssin): Aren says, "Sure! Invite everyone to watch me kick his ass."
    (Syssin): Olethea says, "Interesting."
    (Syssin): Aren says, "Now then."
    (Syssin): You say, "Ya let that bulldog mouth overload that puppydog ass."

Training yard in the Ironmaw.

A spacious yard hugs a corner of the inner Complex, its packed earth dusted with sprinkles of snow to give a secure traction and footing for even the most vigorous of matches. Training dummies and practice pells ring the area, while low benches give tired combatants a spot to grab a quick rest in the chill, brisk air, while the walls of the Ironmaw shelter the grounds from all but the most inclement weather. Thuds and ringing steel clashes fill the air as knights and Syssin spar, hisses and howls mark the practice of Consanguine and werewolves, while the sharp scents of ozone, dirt and something vaguely chemical linger as clear evidence of the city's Sciomancers and Cabalists at work. A conscripted Spirean soldier coldly scans the area for threats. A battered training dummy sits here, awaiting a beating. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. An arachnid Chiav strider is here, its body armored with overlapping plates.

Aren, Ishin, Jensen, and Olethea are here

Jensen:
    He is a powerful Yeleni vampire. Pallid, white skin clings tautly to his gaunt face, which he keeps clean shaven. His eyes are the only color in his face, the pale-blue orbs stare out coldly from behind narrowly slit lids. A widows-peak V's just above his brow, which is further accentuated by his short, slicked back hair style. Echoes of countless battles adorn his muscular body, from the nearly ancient scars, to very fresh wounds still stitched in place. A pair of massive, greying wings juts out from his back. The wings seem to have grown out of a tattoo, depicting a raven, that spans his back from shoulder to shoulder.

Aren:
    He is an agile Azudim that stands at just over six feet in height with a form that is lean and not overly muscled, nimble in action and poise. Long, slightly wavy hair reaches nearly to his waist in length, the color such a dark blue that it's easily mistaken for black in low lighting. Side-swept bangs frame a handsome, youthful face with bright, violet colored eyes that contrast with the dusky olive tones of his skin. Silvery patches of fine, spade-shaped scales mark his form, trailing over his shoulders and snaking up the sides of his neck and jaw. They terminate in shallow triangular slashes high along each cheek, and additional patches run along the outer edges of his arms. A long tail trails behind him, the powerful appendage thin and whip-like, ending in a sharpened talon-like spine. Connected to a long spinal column, emerald tendrils wave lazily from his back, the ends barely reaching the floor.

Aren walks in with his kimono neatly folded over his arm, wearing a simple shirt and pants instead, "Wouldn't want to get any of your blood on this." he comments, setting it out of the way.

Jensen tosses aside his weapons and armor kits into an undignified heap. "Wouldn't want ta hurt ya." he snorts.

"I want you to apologize." Aren states as he cracks his knuckles, "Then we can let this go."

Slamming his fists together with a loud -smack-, Jensen replies, "Ye'll hafta kill me first."

A voice rings out through the complex, reminding detainees, "All guards are trained in anti-illusory measures. Attempts to circumvent these defenses will result in direct intervention by Syssin Inquisitors."

Aren's lips curl in a snarl, much like they would should he be wolf at the moment. He wastes no more time, bending at the knees, the tendrils of his wings starting to wave wildly behind him. In a flash he's advancing on you with impressive speed, one fist drawn back in an attempt to slam it into the vampire's stomach.

Jensen lets himself fall backward, catching Aren with the heel of his foot, and sending him flying with his own momentum. The Vampire rises from the dirt, staring down the "wolf" with cold, feral eyes. "Try again, pup." he barks.

Aren stumbles but is able to stay upright, skidding to a stop where he turns to face you once again. Enraged, he goes on the offensive once again, darting towards you and feigning a punch to the head. Instead he drops down and sweeps his leg along the floor, trying to trip you up.

With a quick step to the side, Jensen dodges Aren's second attack. The sound of snapping twigs breaks the air, as the vampire's fist connects with Aren's ribcage, in a quick hook. "QUIT TRYIN' TA HIT ME 'N KILL ME, PUP!" the vampire bellows.

Aren doubles over slightly from the hit, sure that at least one of his ribs are broken. He backs up, holding a hand to his injury, "I'm not killing you." he hisses, exhaling and concentrating on ignoring the pain. He approaches slower this time, his fists up, starting a small circle around the man, "I'm not a damn pup either."

From where he stands, Ishin says to Aren. "Stop being weak, cousin. Are you not Lustbound? Are you not a Lieutenant in the Syssin? This man has taunted you, tormented you, demeaned you. Crush him, and be done with it. Stop playing with your food."

Dust stirs as Jensen charges Aren, leaving himself open and undefended. Aren lets fly a fierce strike that catches the vampire clean in the nose, cracking and spraying deep crimson all over the pair. The vampire hits Aren hard with his shoulder, and grapples him to the floor, effectively pinning the man. "Prove ta me yer no pup," the vampire barks, spraying droplets of saliva and blood into Aren's face with each syllable.

You yell, "KILL ME, PUP."

Aren turns his head to the side to try to avoid the blood from getting on him, though the mess is already done, "Get off me!" he yells, trying his best to knee you in the side or better yet, the groin.

A stray, brightly colored wooden ball rolls by, helped along by the breeze.

"KILL ME!" Jensen barks again, before smashing his forehead solidly into Aren's. "KILL ME DAMNIT!" he continues to rant, each time followed up with another sharp headbutt. Each blow splits the vampires forehead open a little more, creating spiderwebs of blooddrops across his face. "KILL ME YA DAMN COWARD," the vampire commands, landing one final headbutt which renders Aren unconscious, and broken in the Ironmaw mud.

Ishin crouches down near Aren and you. "Kill him, cousin," the taller Idreth replies. "Make him pay for wronging you. Make him suffer for it. Violate him in return. Shove your athame into him as deep as you can. Do it. DO IT!"

Jensen rises to his feet, and quietly collects his weapons and armor. He looks back over his shoulder to the broken man, muttering, "He's not ready... yet."

Jensen leaves, now Aren POV from here

Aren barely hears Ishin's words, the blackness of unconsciousness taking over him from the numerous headbutts. He groans and turns onto his side, coughing violently.

Ishin reaches out, flicking your ear. "C'mon, man," he chides. "You're never going to get any respect until you show him you're not a bitch."

Aren waves the hand away from him, "I'm not killing him...can't."

Ishin leans in a little closer to you. "You can, and you will," he says softly, urgingly, insistently. "Stop being weak. DO it. Sharpen your intent, and fuckin' do it next time."

Aren spits some blood onto the ground and grabs Ishin's shoulder so it can aide him in standing, "It's not being weak. He's a guildmate and an ordermate."

Ishin reaches up, hooking a hand under your armpit to help you stand. "And he's provoking you. Treating you like shit. You reckon Fae'll do anything 'bout it? Naw. She'll tell you to do something yourself. It's about -respect-. You gotta make his ass respect you, and the way to do that is by fucking him up in return."

"I need to get this blood off me." Aren replies, hesitantly releasing Ishin to begin walking off, a bit wobbly, "Thanks for mediating."

Olethea shifts her weight onto one foot, glancing out after Jensen. "Ish has a point, Aren." She clucks her tongue, and adds far more quietly. "I think he's tryin'a toughen youup or something, too..."

You say, "Yeah? Fuck him."

You inspect your surroundings and express your opinion with an unimpressed "tch."

Aren leaves
    FaerahMoireanIshinKendriXenia
    Posted this here. It all stems from the initial rp log.
  • I like where this is all going. Jensen, while an ally, is obviously no friend of Aren's. I'm enjoying the rivalry there.
    HavenFaerahIshinKendriJensen
    but he luuuuuvs you!
    FaerahIshinKendri
  • edited January 2015
    ...This was great. I love all of you. <3

Edit: I just wanted to add - there are so many strong personalities in the Syssin, the fact that they all work together amazes me every day. These RP'd conflicts in the guild are the good kind... They add depth without causing drama. Great job.
    JensenIshin
    We were talking in clan the other day, and they were like, ISHIN CAN REFEREE. And I'm like:

'... lol, referee'

WE SEE WHERE THAT GOT THEM :D:D:D
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Jensen
    I found Aren idling alone at the Inner Gate

You conjure up the illusion to Aren's mind:
    The room darkens, and you seem drawn away to a shadowy abyss. Hushed whispers and murmurs cut through the darkness, coming from shadowy figures just beyond your perception. A pair of them emerge - cast in a dim light you see one of your children smiling with Jensen grinning sadistically behind him. The light fades away as the vampires fangs close around your child's neck, until all you see are two pairs of glowing red eyes.

One by one this scene repeats with siblings, parents, your partner - each time taken by the grinning vampire. Alone in the darkness - with those infernal red eyes bearing down on you and their whispers drowning your senses - a single voice calls out to you, "The Darkness calls for you, Good Friend Aren." The voice is familiar, sending chills down your spine with each syllable.

"Join us... Join uss... Joiinn usss" the voice calls out, its lingering echo fading with the darkness before leaving you back where you stood just moments ago.

You slip away successfully and evade your pursuers.

A short burst of azure light fills your vision and when it is gone, you find yourself phased out of
    sync with the rest of reality.

Message #3108 Sent By: Aren Received On: 4/25/2015/22:29
    "Where the fuck are you? What the fuck did you do to me you shithead."

You deftly lower the hood of a spider's elusive veiled cloak of obscurity of whitesight, revealing your identity.

Walking up to Aren, you momentarily bring your hand back into reality and grab his shoulder. As your hand makes contact, you quickly focus on vibrating his body and your hand out of sync with reality. A short burst of azure light surrounds Aren and he is pulled into phase next to you.

You say, "Hello, Good friend Aren."
    You bare your teeth in a feral grin.

Aren ripples into existence before you.

I leave to the gallows tree at the Ironmaw

(Tells): You tell Aren, "Did ya miss me, Goof Friend Aren?"

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Fuck you! Hear me!?"

(Tells): You tell Aren, "What has ya so flustered?"

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "I know you had something to do with that!"

(Tells): You tell Aren, "With what, Good Friend Aren?"

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Stop addressing me that way. I'm not your good friend at -all-."

(Tells): You tell Aren, "Why of course ya are, Good Friend Aren, yer one of my best 'n closest friends."

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "I'm going to destroy you."

(Tells): You tell Aren, "Ahaha, yes Good Friend Aren, I welcome it."
    (Tells): You tell Aren, "I happen ta be all alone under tha Gallows Tree, I could use a friendly face."

You pull an grotesquely oversized cleaver from your weaponbelt fluidly.
    You start to wield an grotesquely oversized cleaver in your left hand.

A beam of prismatic light suddenly shoots into the room.

Standing with a bloody cleaver in hand, Jensen is here covered in bloody runes.

Aren suddenly appears, having travelled down the beam of prismatic light.

In the bleak shade of the gallow's tree.

A path cutting away from the barren fields outside the prison rises to a small knoll here to overlook the city outskirts. Dominating the small hill, a massive dead elm tree stands here, its grey, gnarled branches extending high into the sky - it appears to have been dead for generations, petrified into a blackened, iron-hard growth. Dozens of ropes hang from the limbs, swaying slowly in the wind off the tundra, with one holding a none-too-fresh body that shifts slowly back and forth with a sickening creak. A Syssin Inquisitor statue stands nearby, blending in with its surroundings. Looking around curiously, a potbellied raccoon is here. A black, murky mist has settled here. Aren is here.
    You see a single exit leading north.

Aren snarls at you, showing his teeth, "You need to leave me be, got that?!"

A smile breaks across Jensen's face as he sees Aren, "Why Aren, I could never abandon my Good Friends."

The low, lilting cry of a songbird rises on the air in the morning light.

Aren stalks towards you, closing the distance, "I mean it!! Leave me and my family be."

Jensen brings the blade to his chest, dragging the edge across what appears to be an incomplete pentagram. "Oh ho! Careful now good friend, wouldn't want ya ta hurt me now," the Yeleni unnaturally chuckles. "Though I wonder, would Akarn like ta become my Progeny? Would ya be a Good Friend 'n ask fer me?"

Aren reaches out for your wrist, intending to try to grab you, "You couldn't if you tried, not with him. Regardless, you leave my family -and- me be."

Jensen makes no effort to dodge your advance, leaving you both up close and personal. "Oh, Good Friend Aren," the Yeleni chuckles hollowly once again, his free hand wiping the blood from his face. "I can leave ya or yer family alone, fer a price. But not both, Good Friend Aren." As he finishes speaking he reaches out to cup Aren's cheek with his bloody palm.

Aren:
    He is an agile Azudim of Atavian heritage that stands at just over six feet in height with a form that is lean and not overly muscled, nimble in action and poise. Long, slightly wavy hair reaches nearly to his waist in length, the color such a dark blue that it's easily mistaken for black in low lighting. Side-swept bangs frame a handsome, youthful face with bright, violet colored eyes that contrast with the dusky olive tones of his skin. Silvery patches of fine, spade-shaped scales mark his form, trailing over his shoulders and snaking up the sides of his neck and jaw. They terminate in shallow triangular slashes high along each cheek, and additional patches run along the outer edges of his arms. A long tail trails behind him, the powerful appendage thin and whip-like, ending in a sharpened talon-like spine. Connected to a long spinal column, emerald tendrils wave lazily from his back, the ends barely reaching the floor. He walks with the blessing of Chakrasul.

(tight around the waist) : a black kimono sash
    (worn on the left ring finger) : a layered Xoran-scale band
    (creating a ponytail) : an amethyst satin and skycrystal ribbon
    (pierced along the top of the right ear) : a double-pierced claw and feather earring
    (pierced along the top of the left ear) : a taerzseralla-inlaid cross-ear bar earring
    (spiraled chain resting at the collar) : a violanthe crystal wing pendant
    (worn on the left wrist) : a crystallized jade chakra bracelet
    (writhing tendrils along the back) : a pair of jade-hued, ethereal wings

"Embrace tha Darkness," Jensen murmurs softly, his hand leaving a crimson stain upon your kimono. "Become my Childe."

Aren's eyes widen a little, then narrow in anger, "No. I was vampire once. It won't happen again."

(Spinesreach): Kafar says, "So how's this evening treating all of you fine folks?"
    (Spinesreach): Aren says, "Fine."
    (Spinesreach): You say, "Oh yes, Good Friend Aren 'n I are havin' a fine time indeed."

-=Aniko Sneaks in=-

Aniko shifts her eyes from side to side suspiciously.

Fangs barred in a serpents grin, Jensen leans forward almost feeding on Aren's anger and Aren's fear. "Oh come now, Good Friend Aren, dun be afraid."

Aniko raises an eyebrow slightly, "Oh Jensen... having fun are we?"

Aren jerks his gaze over to Aniko when she arrives, looking glad for it, "As usual, at my expense."

Eyes still locked on Aren, Jensen chuckles, "Jus' enjoyin' quality time with my Good Friend Aren."

Aniko glances from you and your cleaver to Aren, a bit of debate flashing over her features. "I can see that... is Aren enjoying it too?"

With an eerie smile, Jensen answers, "Always."

"No." Aren states firmly, his jaw clenched, "Jensen here likes to torment me."

The harsh croak of a raven echoes across the woodland expanse.

Aniko reaches a hand up to rub the back of her neck, "Likely because he knows he can, don't you think?"

You ask, "What kinda mentor would I be iffin I dun check on my favorite protoge?"

Aniko says, "Well he seems to be fine, yea?"
    Aniko stares implacably at you.

"I'm not your damn protege!" Aren hisses, clenching his fists at his sides, "Don't assume, Jensen."

Jensen's gaze never strays from Aren's eyes. "Oh ho! Ya've been my protoge fer decades, Good Friend Aren. Ya've followed my footsteps quite well too. Abandon yer home of light 'n life fer Artifice. Master subterfuge 'n rise through tha ranks of our Covenant. I even handed ya down my office fer ya ta become Lieutenant an' took ya under my wing. You have been followin' me fer quite some time, 'n I am a proud mentor, Good Friend Aren." The venomous grin returns, and the Yeleni's fangs are barred once again. "But it's time ta embrace tha Darkness Good friend."

Aniko steps forward, "Come on, Lieutenant... he turned ya down... let it go."

You murmur to Aren, "Ya can't mask yer fears from Mother. She see's yer weakness."

"I have embraced it as much as I'm willing to." Aren replies, the tendril-like wings on his back writhing furiously, "I...have done all you said and I don't regret any of it. I continue to serve the Syssin and the Mistress. I can't and won't go further, Jensen. Especially not taking the blood again."

Jensen releases a heavy sigh and his arms go limp. "Yer not ready yet," the Yeleni admits with an air of defeat. He brings the cleaver up high above his head, barking, "But you'll soon learn!" as he bring the blade down toward Aren's shoulder.

Aniko darts forward as the cleaver comes down to shove Aren out of the way at her own expense.

Aren is pushed aside roughly but manages to keep to his feet, avoiding the blade in the process.

Jensen's cleaver strikes hard and true, sinking deep into the shoulder blade of Aniko. With the weapon firmly lodged into Aniko, the Yeleni wastes little time drawing a new blade. "Yer loyalty is commendable. But dun interfere." he states, coldly.

You pull a delicate, spiral-etched athame from your weaponbelt fluidly.
    You start to wield a delicate, spiral-etched athame in your right hand.

Your throat constricts, and you suddenly remember you are parched.

Looking to Aren, Jensen asks, "I wonder iffin ya can kill me before I kill yer savior?"

Aniko screans as the cleaver sinks into her shoulder, the pain and weight bringing her to her knees. "...Lieutenant...." She gasps out softly.

Aren brandishes his own athame and is near Aniko in an instant, holding the blade out towards you, "You're fucking mad!" he yells.

Silver light from the moon above filters through the branches of the trees.

Unphased, Jensen advances slowly at the pair of you until Aren's athame presses into his sternum. Fresh blood trickles from the Yeleni's wound as he speaks, "Join me Good Friend Aren, or I'm turnin' tha kid."

Aniko coughs, "...sho... shoul..." She starts to say, until she hears you. "...n-no... Aren." Even on her knees see seems to be loosing her balance as her shoulder bleeds out.

Aren visibly pales, keeping the athame at your chest but not pushing it further, "No you're not." he states, keeping himself between you and Aniko.

For a moment is seems Jensen is going to withdraw, as he takes a back step to remove the blade from his chest. The serpent's grin returns to his face however, as the Yeleni's firm backhand sends Aren's blade flying towards the gallows tree.

The distant shriek of fallen prey reaches your ears.

Brushing Aren aside, Jensen kneels over the wounded Aniko, and brings his fangs up to Aniko's neck.

Aniko hand lifts up in a feeble attempt to shove you away though the wound has sapped much of any strength she could put behind it the action only serves to push her off balance, leaving her on her side on the ground.

"Stop it Jensen!" Aren yells at the man, reaching out to try to get a good grip on your shoulder to pull you back.

At Aren's touch, Jensen snaps around forcing his elbow straight into Aren's gut. "Yer weakness will be yer undoing," the Yeleni coldly states, before turning back and biting into Aniko's neck.

You use Vampire Embrace on Aniko.
    You deftly slip behind Aniko. You reach forward, tilting her head to the side and lean into her his neck. With little ceremony, you plunge your fangs into her neck and begin to suckle hard. Gradually, you drain Aniko of her blood until he is nearly drained. Pulling your fangs from her neck, you quickly slit your wrist with your fangs and offer the wound to her lips.

Aniko wraps her hands around Jensen's wrists and begins to suckle hungrily at the wound. You can see her eyes fill with an intense lust just in time to rip your wrist away from her. Aniko stands before you, a full consanguine ready for her next meal.

Blood dribbles down Jensen's chin as he rises to his feet. He looks down at the fledgling and points toward Aren, "Eat, young one."

You plant the image into the mind of Aniko:
    Lust, warmth, and hunger overtake your senses

Memories of Aren fade by the second as your hunger grows

Aniko pushes herself weakly off the ground, her gaze disoriented and surveying the area before settling on Aren there is only the briefest moment of hesitation before she rushes at him.

Aren is slightly bent over from the blow to the stomach, but he notices Aniko coming at him, one arm out to try to shove her back, "Damnit, Aniko stop it!" he hisses.

Jensen watches the pair of you from the sidelines, not saying a word, only the serpent's grin is his message.

Nothing is familiar about the mortal any longer, only the desire to feed

Aniko offers only a disgruntled growl when Aren tries to shove her back, the action not keeping her at bay in the least. She seems fueled with strength she did not have mere moments earlier as she grasps on to Aren tightly and lunges for his neck.

Aren isn't quite expecting the strength coming from Aniko and, not wanting to hurt her, he cries out as those fangs dig into his neck, drawing forth sweet, warm blood.

In a sensuously fluid motion, Aniko reaches out and draws Aren close, baring pale fangs before sinking them into the tender flesh of his neck with a sordid, muffled gasp of pleasure.

Aren's body trembles as Aniko drinks deeply of her helpless victim's lifeblood, sating her dark appetite.

Aren struggles against the confinement of Aniko's fiendish embrace, finally writhing free of her grasp.

Jensen moves behind his protoge and removes the cleaver from Aniko's back. "Well done, Good Friend Aniko."

You feel the wound in your back begin to close up

Jensen's eyes close for a brief moment, and he is visibly drained.

Aniko's eyes snap open and she winces suddenly pulling away from Aren as her senses return. "..w..what...." She suddenly shoves Aren away, stepping back only to bump into you now.

Jensen reaches over and clenches his shoulder, the identical spot to Aniko's wound. As the Yeleni retracts his palm, it seems to be coated in fresh blood.

You start to wield an grotesquely oversized cleaver in your left hand.

Aren clamps a hand to his neck to stop the bit of bleeding there, retreating several steps away from the two of you, "You're wrong for this." he snarls at you, "You know it."

Jensen gazes down at Aren, the way that a disappointed father would a son. "Embrace tha Darkness," the Yeleni whispers, and rests his hand upon Aniko's healed shoulder. "Embrace tha Pain, shed yer weaknesses."

Aniko turns stepping to the side so she is distancing herself from both Aren and you. "...Aren...I...." She starts softly looking at the other azudim with remorse, still stepping back she now casts a glare at you.

"Fuck you." Aren snarls, though it's unclear exactly who he's talking to. Glaring at you in particular though he stalks out, still holding his neck firmly.

Aren stands up and stretches his arms out wide.
    Aren leaves to the north.

Jensen stares Aniko dead in the eyes, issuing one final order. "Reflect on what has happened, and then come find me." The cleaver makes a metal hum as it swings through the air, decapitating its wielder's head.

Deciding to end your own existence, you concentrate on relaxing your musculature permanently.

The world goes black as your abdomen bursts, and the lumpy fluid remains of your internal organs
    flood out of your new corpse.
    You have been slain by misadventure.
    Stricken, you collapse to the ground. Unable to maintain the composure of your physical form any
    longer, you feel your body shrivel and wither away as you revert to your mistform.

@Aren @Aniko
    Super fun times! As always, thanks for putting up with my poor spelling and non-understanding of grammar. Also worthy of note, we had no idea Aniko was joining until she turned up.
    AnikoDristinTeaniIsandeXeniaArenHaven
    Feel free to give comments on how to improve. Not so much direction for the rp to go, but ways/tips to make my character more real and to make moments more immersive
  • This is what I get for checking on friends.
    IsandeJensenIshinDidi