much to know about this zone:

-It is a bashing area with two alignment choices: the Aztob Cult and the
Demonsbane Revolt
-The zone is open-PK, like the Hunting Grounds or the Fracture. Entering
the zone does give a warning, like those, to warn people upon your
entrance. The entrance is in the Bloodwood - you TOUCH the PORTAL and
must wait 30 seconds to be transported. Enorian has been rewarded for
their participation with a delay of only 25 seconds and a direct link to
their CITY PORTALs that leads to the spot in the Bloodwood.
-Each side has a few quests available, merchandise to purchase, and lore
concerning their side.
-Slaying or helping (questing for) one side will enemy you to the other
side, but there are two artifacts available in Delos to allow you to get
you unenemied to a respective side.
-Angels, demons, treants, and turtles will not get you enemied to either
side. They are the only neutral NPCs to be killed.
-A select number of reinforcement warriors will change their visible
alliance according to what side has taken the lead in slaying the other.
-The zone is off-plane. Lockets will not work. Wings will not work. A
ring for the zone will be available for purchase in the zone using a new
currency specific to the zone. It will work similar to lockets.
-The minipets available are tradeable. The new currency, fingers, are
also tradeable.

Now, as a side note, there will likely be other things to happen in the future with these events - so stay tuned to this area. I hope you all enjoy it! Thanks to @Silena, @Razmael, and @Oleis for all their help with this - @Sarosh, @Obyn, and @Teani too!
ArekaDraimanAarbrokSerriceMalokTeani

Comments

• VIVA LA NEWCIEM
    Toz
  • Lim said:

VIVA LA NEWCIEM

You know, I hadn't even thought about that until right now.
  • Psh, @Dristin. You and @Silena are the ones that deserve the thanks, really.
    AarbrokDristin
  • Are you going to release any artifacts that will allow you to crit the mobs here or will the HG items suffice as well??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Dristin
  • LimLim
    edited April 2015
    Is it normal to be enemied to both sides? I figured it would be like a switch. If you kill one side, the other side loves you, vice versa.
  • Honestly, its not like anything happens when you're enemied to both sides either. You just kill the mobs and move on with your life. Unless you want to be more RP inclined.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Dristin
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    Thank you, @Dristin, working on this event with you was one of the most enjoyable things I've done in this 'game', and I'm relieved and a little sad that it's over. Some things I would've done differently, but still loved it all, even the mistakes. Full congratulations and credit for the incredible work on the area.
    AarbrokMalokDristin
  • This event was pretty awesome, no complaints here. The Vortex is pretty sweet so far too. Awesome job, guys! :)
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    SilenaDristin
  • edited April 2015
    For those that have asked questions:

1. Yes, there will be some artifacts. Revealing more than that would be a bit spoilery!
    2. The fights are meant to be more challenging, which also means - for those who have said something about it - I will be fixing some of the xp issues where some npcs are not giving nearly enough of what they should.
    3. It is not normal to be enemied to both sides, but you have to keep something in mind - you killed enemies from both sides. So no - it doesn't change your alliance. It's an intended mechanism to make you choose a side rather than flip-flop to do the quests that either side have.
    IshinZsadist
  • Out of curiosity, why fingers? That has so many bad puns and can be taken in so many different ways....

Dristin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Thanks @Dristin! :smile:

• Zsadist said:

Out of curiosity, why fingers? That has so many bad puns and can be taken in so many different ways....

I can't deny that was part of it. But really? It was either that or scalps, but I thought scalps might be a bit too much. My creativity at this point in the pregnancy doesn't seem to allow for me to figure out currency types that are different than what we already have. I mean, who else is tired of 'essence'? :)
    ZsadistSilena
  • Would it be okay to remove the channel to ENTER?
    Draiman
  • Thanks to all the Admin who put in the hard yards for this one.

It's great to see an area that leans on Aetolia's foundation of RP with quests and mobs and PK and all of the goodies. It has a little bit of somethin' somethin' for everyone to enjoy. Great job, guys!
    DristinSilenaMalok
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited April 2015
    I think it might be nice to have multiple entrances. The default entrance, and then like faction specific ones that you can get via questing. Having one choke point is blargleaghlargnorf.

DristinMalok
  • I'll talk to @Razmael about possibly adding multiple entrances and mull over how to make it work. The lore doesn't really offer a specific way to do that right now. It would probably be do-able lore-wise to have multiple exits, but the entrances is a little more tricky. It's not quite like the fracture or hunting grounds in that aspect.

As far as the channeling, it is not likely to be removed and was added intentionally in consideration of a variety of factors. Same reason why we added in something to limit one person at a time. We'll see as time progresses and how people handle the place. There will be various tweaks to it, I'm sure.
    Aithene
  • LimLim
    edited April 2015
    Checking if intended - Indorani and chaos worms can one-shot you.
    Didi
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I have never seen that happen yet @Lim unless its some kind of like..weird bug.
    I usually stop hitting the Indorani and switch to the worm, cause hunger ...ugh.

I could definitely see the damage as being an issue, but nothing like that yet in my experience, though you have spent a bit more time there. I would assume they would probably ask for a log.
  • I can try to get more logs. Here's one of them doing at least 85% damage.

http://hastebin.com/yazivunacu.vhdl

Highest I've seen but haven't got a log of is 96% damage.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Well there is death aura going on as well....its definitely beefy but if you kill the worms it really does help.
    I might just have more health maybe...I dont think so though, but I average around 7k myself.
  • Yeah, I've been killing the worms first. They are crit-vulnerable, so they're the ones to take out first. Aside, unless I spend a minute trying to kite them until they're separated, there's always the chance I get one-shotted while trying to take out the worm. I've 6371 health, and that's higher than average. It's less of a problem for vampires, because you can earthmeld, and RP wise it's also not lame that you're constantly risking instant-death. Just checking if it's intended to be this high/oppressive, especially since I've heard others saying they managed it fine. It could have been something that's changed since then.
  • LimLim
    edited April 2015
    There we go. A nice juicy log that perfectly captures it. Instant one-shot from maximum health.

http://hastebin.com/cucijezasi.vhdl
  • Can you provide the damage each attack does on you when it does that? It's great to see you were at 100% health and you provided how much health you had, but I need to see also how much they actually did in those attacks. These things -are- going to be quite beefy sometimes compared to your normal zones, but I can look and see if it may be adjusted.

In the meantime..save up for the shield charm? >.> It's only 5 fi!
  • I don't think I gagged it, unless it's a bug in my system. Unless I shut off my system and kept initiating fights until I got a nice log, I can't tell for sure that I'm not gagging it. As a matter of what's intended, I only gag damage messages below 200.

Could well be that whatever is causing the instant death isn't triggering the Health lost: message.
  • I've used the regen charm. Not quite felt its effects. Maybe it's too far between and untimely in its procc'ing. I'll try the shield.
  • edited April 2015
    I've gone and tested it and it does look like some combinations are going to do a full drain of your health. I wasn't wearing armor and had no buffs, so it's probably doing even more to me than normal. So, I went ahead and reduced the damage on a few of the attacks the worm has since that looks like the worst of it. That should hopefully help.
  • Thanks. Appreciate it.
  • A chaos worm rams into your gut, slamming into you painfully and knocking you out of your senses for a few moments.
    A chaos worm slams into you with full force, knocking you to the ground with a painful blow.

Got these two new attacks from the chaos worm that stuns and prones. Just pointing it out in case it's a bug and the worm is somehow doing chimera attacks instead.

• Lim said:

A chaos worm rams into your gut, slamming into you painfully and knocking you out of your senses for a few moments.
    A chaos worm slams into you with full force, knocking you to the ground with a painful blow.

Got these two new attacks from the chaos worm that stuns and prones. Just pointing it out in case it's a bug and the worm is somehow doing chimera attacks instead.

I answered you in game, but wanted to make sure to let others know that these are intended. They are just misc attacks you'll see on the demons to help boost the amount of xp they provide.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Could we put like a tent or roof or something around the portal for vampires? Cause that's 30s of the sun beating on me and me not curing and it's super annoying.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.