The Dramedo Peninsula

HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
edited March 2015 in The Void
The first region of Albedos, the Dramedo Penninsula, has finally been released! Players who have visited the Dramedo Crags and the village of Helba in the past may notice some rather sweeping changes with many new areas now cradling the jagged peaks and crags. To give you further guidance to this large region (and to cut down on the extreme clutter), I have created the HELP ALBEDOS GEOGRAPHY file to better outline the regions of Albedos.

Ultimately, I wanted to deliver a vibrant, lively experience to the world of Aetolia and I can only hope that you enjoy this vast addition to the game as much as I enjoyed creating it. I'd like to address some new things you may see in the Crags:

The Darkest... Dungeon?

While the Darkest Dungeon game has been all the rage in the Pools for the past few weeks, we created truedarkness several years ago and have been playing with it to lead up to this release!
Truedarkness is the flag we use to make rooms swathed in impenetrable darkness. Your nightsight will have no power here, as the darkness is insidious in a way that only the Shadow Mother knows. There are several areas within the Dramedo Crags, hidden from sight, that are bathed in this eternal dark. Only the light of a torch or lantern will allow you to find your way through the murk, but beware--ancient monsters and monstrosities will hunt you down in their shadowy domain!

The rewards here may be of interest to the more intrepid hunters and explorers, but it's a dangerous game you're playing in the darkness.

Early to bed, early to rise..

Time plods ever onwards on Albedos! Shopkeepers and workers in Helba retire early from their work so they can rise with the new dawn and begin their labors anew! Night owls and insomniacs may have to make a trip to the general store and forge before the setting of the sun, as the shops will follow the timetables of their owners. Changes of the guard will go off like clockwork and the night patrol will be on the move in the dark hours. Rest assured, though, the Pick and Spade Tavern will be open at all hours to quench your thirst and offer gossip on the latest mining tragedy in the Crags.

Likewise, seasonal changes will be effecting the landscape with the migratory and hibernation patterns of many alpine creatures. The world is a living place, so I hope players will enjoy watching the shifting landscape as time passes by and prepare for the bitter cold of winter.

Where is that..?

There are roughly six "hidden" areas within the Dramedo Crags region that are around twenty to fifty rooms in size. You may need some special items to enter, or you may just need to do some good searching! I will be anxious to see who discovers some of these areas! There's over 1,200 rooms for you to explore, so I hope you're in for some spleunking through the dungeons of the Dramedo Crags. Some areas are currently blocked off, but events in the coming weeks will see them revealed.

What should I expect in the future?

There's a long, hard campaign ahead for the Dramedo region. This will be an ongoing series of events in the coming weeks and months and your cities will hopefully be prepared to make a strong show of force against the Dreikathi forces as the story unfolds. Keep your eyes on Albedos, because we're not done yet!

ValingarArekaSakylSerriceDraiman[Deleted User]RiluoTrigruTeaniSetneAldricXeniaKendri

Comments

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    I would like to take a moment to thank the mortal builders who helped to make this release possible: @Areka, @Moirean, @Phoenecia, @Kendri, @Arbre, and @Eleanor. You guys are too good to me and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

[Deleted User]ArekaAryanneRiluoSerriceKendriDristin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Aww shucks Hadrakbb. <3
    Kendri
  • I spent an hour there earlier exploring, great job the place is awesome and I love the challenge of finding all the hidden areas. Thanks for this! Sooo back to it then. B)
    I'm stuck at work till later tonight (yay, long shifts) but I'm seeing some bugs cropping up with mobs not spawning. I'll try to address them ASAP.

• any particular level range for the area? Specifically made to be for the grown ups? (100+) or is there spots for us little kids? ((70-99))
    For now, the Dramedo Peninsula will be geared towards players who are level 95+ in terms of enemies you'll be finding.

• Squeeeee!

yes I just squealed and that doesn't happen easily. Now that I've got that out of my system, omg I can't wait to find some free time and just stay in Delve exploring!!

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited March 2015
    I have just a general question about Albedos as it was something I thought of whilst exploring this new area. Will communication between continents (i.e. channel talk etc) eventually be opened up. I ask because whilst I had fun exploring the new area, I was ever so lonely. As the areas in Albedos continue to grow some people will spend more time exploring or doing quests but won't be accessible or even visible.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Benedicto said:

I have just a general question about Albedos as it was something I thought of whilst exploring this new area. Will communication between continents (i.e. channel talk etc) eventually be opened up. I ask because whilst I had fun exploring the new area, I was ever so lonely. As the areas in Albedos continue to grow some people will spend more time exploring or doing quests but won't be accessible or even visible.

You're still vis as online on gwho I think, maybe cwho too. You just can't hear Sapience and vice versa.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Benedicto said:

Will communication between continents (i.e. channel talk etc) eventually be opened up. I ask because whilst I had fun exploring the new area, I was ever so lonely.

Yes, actually, you will be! I'd keep your eyes open for developments there as it'll be a bit different than ranging around Sapience.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    omg grave horrors