announce 2363 - FIRSTAID

edited February 2015 in Town Crier
13.15 First Aid

Aetolia has a deep and complicated combat system that can often be overwhelming for those who are new to it. Thankfully, we have a system in place to help ease you into it!

Use FIRSTAID to interact with it. Here is an overview of the commands available:

FIRSTAID - An overview of your config.
FIRSTAID HELP - A syntax overview.
FIRSTAID ON|OFF - Enable or disable First Aid.

FIRSTAID CURING ON|OFF - Enable or disable affliction curing.
FIRSTAID DEFENCE ON|OFF - Enable or disable defence maintenance.
FIRSTAID REPORTING ON|OFF - Enable or disable the display of
commands.
FIRSTAID HEAL HEALTH ON|OFF - Turn on or off health healing.
FIRSTAID HEAL MANA ON|OFF - Turn on or off mana healing.
FIRSTAID USE MOSS ON|OFF - Turn on or off usage of moss/kidney.
FIRSTAID AUTO STAND ON|OFF - When turned on, will attempt to make you
stand if prone.
FIRSTAID AUTO WAKE ON|OFF - When turned on, will attempt to wake you
up if asleep.
FIRSTAID USE ENDGAME ON|OFF - When turned on, will make sure of endgame
affliction curing skills (renew etc).
FIRSTAID USE CLOT ON|OFF - First Aid will use clot to stop bleeding.
FIRSTAID CLOT AT - First Aid will only use clot if your
bleeding is above the specified level.
FIRSTAID STUPIDITY DOUBLE ON|OFF - First Aid will send commands twice if
afflicted with stupidity.

FIRSTAID HEALTH <%> - Set what percent you should start using
health elixirs/analeptic serums.
FIRSTAID MANA <%> - Set what percent you should start using
mana elixirs/stimulant serums.
FIRSTAID MOSS HEALTH <%> - Set what percent your health should be
below to eat moss/kidney.
FIRSTAID MOSS MANA <%> - Set what percent your mana should be
below to eat moss/kidney.
FIRSTAID FORCEMANA <%> - Set what percent mana should be to
priortize it over health.
FIRSTAID STOP MANA BELOW <%> - Stop First Aid from using mana-consuming
commands when your mana is below the
specified percent.
FIRSTAID CLOT ABOVE <%> - First Aid will only use clotting if mana
is above the specified percent.
FIRSTAID VITALS PRIORITY - Set to either HEALTH, MANA or ALTERNATE.
- If set to health/mana will prioritize
healing that over the other, if both are
low.
- If set to alternate, will switch between
them each sip.
- The 'forcemana' First Aid option will
always override this.

Affliction Priorities
---------------------

For the advanced user, we offer the ability for you to change the priority order for curing afflictions. While the default priorities are a good base, they may be less efficient against certain classes than a custom set of priorities.

The higher an affliction is on the list, the greater its priority, i.e. priority 1 is the greatest priority. First Aid will not attempt to cure any affliction it is unable to (e.g. lack of available herbs) and will attempt to cure the first affliction it can.

Setting an affliction to priority 26 will cause First Aid to not attempt to cure it.

FIRSTAID PRIORITY LIST - List the current affliction priorities.
FIRSTAID PRIORITY RESET - Resets all affliction priorities to
default.
FIRSTAID PRIORITY <1-26> - Set an affliction's priority.
FIRSTAID PRIORITY RESET - Reset a single affliction's priority to
default.
Defence Priorities
------------------

First Aid can also maintain and upkeep various defences at priority levels. Defences at the same priority level as an affliction will always cure after the afflictions, i.e. defence priority 5 will fire after affliction priority 5, but before affliction priority 6.

At this time, only these defences are available for First Aid to maintain: blindness, deafness, density, fangbarrier, insomnia, levitation, rebounding, waterbreathing, instawake.

No default defence priorities are provided.

CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE LIST - List the defence upkeep priority.
CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE <1-25> - Move an defence's upkeep priority.
CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE RESET - Reset the defence upkeep priority.

Comments

• So - I love backflips. In this case I really do think it will be for the best. I'm glad they (the devs + Raz) have gone down this path.

But of course the question - does it work? Who's using it already?

Has anyone found particular weaknesses or omissions?

I'm wondering if it will use rage, for example, and how I'd go about breaking locks. If I manually (or my system does it automatically) use fitness, will firstaid smoke valerian immediately after?
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Tina gave it a whirl vs my Syssin offense yesterday I think it was. Got pooped on, but she/he hadn't set the prios quite right yet, so that's a thing. Also it didn't fitness/shrug/whatever, so once she got softlocked she got pewpt on. Looks like it'll be great for entry-level stuff though. I can see lowbie coms and non-PKers using it at least to hang around and be better than having no triggers at all. Like I said, cured decently until softlocked.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Colette
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've found a few bugs against mobs. Specifically, it doesn't seem to cure all of the slice afflictions, even if I have the right balances and am actively getting lines indicating that the affliction is present. In those cases, I have to manually diagnose, at which point it will start up until the afflictions are cleared.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Sarita said:

I've found a few bugs against mobs. Specifically, it doesn't seem to cure all of the slice afflictions, even if I have the right balances and am actively getting lines indicating that the affliction is present. In those cases, I have to manually diagnose, at which point it will start up until the afflictions are cleared.

Do you have a log? Or can you supply some more details like what mob and attack it was?
  • Ishin said:

Tina gave it a whirl vs my Syssin offense yesterday I think it was. Got pooped on, but she/he hadn't set the prios quite right yet, so that's a thing. Also it didn't fitness/shrug/whatever, so once she got softlocked she got pewpt on. Looks like it'll be great for entry-level stuff though. I can see lowbie coms and non-PKers using it at least to hang around and be better than having no triggers at all. Like I said, cured decently until softlocked.

I figure it would be easy to track just the locking affs, and fire fitness as needed - if it will then smoke val/apply epi the moment fitness does its thing.

Getting the right priorities would of course be really important. The default prios in Imperian are pretty poor as well. Presumably by design.
    @Razmael I can get one for you later today.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    For the purposes of handling hidden afflictions (Shaman, Monk with blackout, Indorani with heavy hidden pressure and to a lesser extent Luminary and Carnifex) it needs a way to tell the system that you have an affliction.

For example:

@Ishin blacks me out. Okay. He breaks my left leg, and there's no affliction_view because I'm blacked out. That's intended. If I'm using firstaid, though, I have no way to tell the system to cure that damaged left leg without hitting diagnose.

To compound the issue, if after the blackout's faded I do something that requires my leg, the symptom message for "you need both legs to do that" actually shows you an affliction_view message for left_leg_broken, but NOT the damage. If the firstaid is anything like mine was, in this specific circumstance it will then spam the crap out of mending to cure that left_leg_broken against the left_leg_damaged affliction. Will firstaid pick this instance up? Is there a way to be like FIRSTAID AFFLICTION ADD LEFT_LEG_DAMAGED and tell it to cure it without it spamming until the affliction is gone?

This is an isolated and specific example, but there are several other specific situations (Cabalist, Indorani, Luminary) that would make this kind of function necessary to at all compete against any semi-competent and flexible offense.

This is if we're intending this to be a substitute for curing systems and not just a better newbie curing system, though. I'm not sure if this is intended to replace things like Oasys (which would be great, honestly) or if it's intended to just be Firstaid on crack cocaine and protein shakes.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MalokSakylMaelIshin
    Ashmer said:

For the purposes of handling hidden afflictions (Shaman, Monk with blackout, Indorani with heavy hidden pressure and to a lesser extent Luminary and Carnifex) it needs a way to tell the system that you have an affliction.

Yup, this is a planned feature.. I have to rewrite some internal stuff that handles our afflictions and curing first.
    Ashmer said:

To compound the issue, if after the blackout's faded I do something that requires my leg, the symptom message for "you need both legs to do that" actually shows you an affliction_view message for left_leg_broken, but NOT the damage. If the firstaid is anything like mine was, in this specific circumstance it will then spam the crap out of mending to cure that left_leg_broken against the left_leg_damaged affliction. Will firstaid pick this instance up? Is there a way to be like FIRSTAID AFFLICTION ADD LEFT_LEG_DAMAGED and tell it to cure it without it spamming until the affliction is gone?

This should happen already, in most cases. Refer to announce post #2314/report 1709.

http://pastebin.com/sHZGCxaq

I tried to show a few different scenarios to illustrate the differences in the way slice afflictions are working compared to poultice afflictions. I haven't had another test with living curatives to see if there's a difference there, but I would assume not. I also didn't do any tests with tinctures because the only mob I knew that can give aeon is one I didn't feel like hitting for testing purposes in case it doesn't work and I just wind up dead a lot.

One thing I did notice consistently is that afflictions given with the line "You are confused as to the effects of the venom" never cured until they took effect or got diagnosed, depending on which happened first and whether it was poultice or slice to cure. Before the changes, those things would still get cured. I think it was normally with a tree tattoo or endgame skill, but something would take care of it if there was balance. Now nothing does, so I don't know if that was intentional or an oversight, but since we know some affliction was given, even without knowing what for whatever reason, I'd think firstaid would at least still try the tree tattoo or endgame skill.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited February 2015
    You can have tutors afflict you with stuff. ASK [tutor] [affliction]. I don't know if they do ALL the affs, but that seems like a fairly easy and useful addition worth adding in for very basic testing/learning purposes.
    Ishin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Razmael said:

Ashmer said:

Yup, this is a planned feature.. I have to rewrite some internal stuff that handles our afflictions and curing first.
    Ashmer said:

This should happen already, in most cases. Refer to announce post #2314/report 1709.

@Razmael

It does, and what has been added is amazing, please don't get me wrong. I was able to take all of the symptom messages out of Oasys with the new affliction_view messages being added to symptoms.

In this very specific case of a resto break happening in blackout, when you come out of blackout and the symptom message procs, the affliction_view message only shows the mending break, but not the damaged line. This isn't something I'm saying needs to be addressed game-side (though it would be nice), it's something I had to fix Oasys-side so it doesn't just keep trying mending over and over again.

Like, if this happens, will Firstaid pick up that your leg needs restoration, too, or will it keep trying mending, ignorant of the hidden restoration break? I'll try to test this tomorrow, but it's just a specific example I used to illustrate my first point - which sounds like it's already coming! :D

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Sarita said:

http://pastebin.com/sHZGCxaq

I tried to show a few different scenarios to illustrate the differences in the way slice afflictions are working compared to poultice afflictions. I haven't had another test with living curatives to see if there's a difference there, but I would assume not. I also didn't do any tests with tinctures because the only mob I knew that can give aeon is one I didn't feel like hitting for testing purposes in case it doesn't work and I just wind up dead a lot.

One thing I did notice consistently is that afflictions given with the line "You are confused as to the effects of the venom" never cured until they took effect or got diagnosed, depending on which happened first and whether it was poultice or slice to cure. Before the changes, those things would still get cured. I think it was normally with a tree tattoo or endgame skill, but something would take care of it if there was balance. Now nothing does, so I don't know if that was intentional or an oversight, but since we know some affliction was given, even without knowing what for whatever reason, I'd think firstaid would at least still try the tree tattoo or endgame skill.

This stuff should be fixed.