Post Your Pictures!

Comments

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I looked awesome when I was really young, then I started getting fat and ugly.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • In 30 years, you'll be all "GOD, REMEMBER WHEN I WAS SO MUCH YOUNGER AND BETTER LOOKING?! Ya know, thirty years ago!" And you'll be sad that you never shared then(In this theory, apparently we're all still playing Aetolia in 30 years.).
    Ya know, or you'll be one those strange people that just keep looking better the older they get.
    Those lucky bastards.

• @Aryanne, I don't think its always about fishing for compliments. Sometimes people say things like that because of a huge lack of self-confidence that borders on no confidence at all. Its not a matter of fishing, its just how they see themselves. Problem is, no matter what kind of compliments that they may get, they're confidence will never grow. I speak from experience, because I'm exactly like that (severe lack of confidence). Its why I will never post a picture of myself or anything that goes on in my life because I don't think its overly important or that it'll look "good".

More times than not, you can actually tell the difference between someone who is fishing for compliments to someone who has very little self-confidence.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

MoireanColetteTenshyoIshin
  • edited January 2015

@Aryanne when you phrase it that way.
    Behold, my teenage looking face, even though I'm 23 >.>

@Zsadist is absolutely right. To be quite honest, my self confidence is terrible. I talk a lot of game, but I got nothing to back it up.

MoireanAryanneMarienaColetteAshmerEmelleMelantha
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Tenshyo - Join the Corps. Look what it did for me. :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TozToz
    edited January 2015
    Aryanne said:

tl;dr: POST PICTURES OF YOURSELF TO AMUSE ME AND LET ME STROKE YOUR EGO!

Stroke away!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanAryanneMarienaIshinColettePerilunaEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Oh god I just giggled. @Toz is the cutest human being on earth. I just want to snuggle him to death.
    AryanneTozPeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Aryanne - the sentiments are nice, but forums can be cliquish. I don't think it's intentional, and I don't think people are going around going "Ooer I'm going to only upvote person x and y and definitely never upvote z"...but it does kinda happen. The people who aren't known as well or who aren't as popular don't get the same sort of awesome upvotes as those who are. For people who are already anxious about how they look, or who don't feel very great about their life, that sort of radio silence only reinforces the feeling.

I'm mostly just trying to clarify why some people feel reluctant to share stuff.
    Emelle
  • @Ishin - Not for me, honestly. I couldn't do it.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah I totally thought Tenshyo's post was Toz's at first, and was like, "Huh, he's making his face into an expression that makes him look different."

And then I scrolled down and realized that wasn't Toz's post.
    Periluna
  • So, what y'all are saying, is I have clones.

UNICORNS

AryanneIshin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I upvote all the pretty ladies and downvote that bastard @Ishin.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinColetteTragerEmelle
  • @tenshyo - You are one of those people that I see and go "How could you possibly have low self-picture confidence?! You're so cute! Would so hit that!" Is that a beanie, or one of those floppy-backed, half-beanie, half-victorian-hair-holder hats that I don't know what are called?

@toz - You look younger than Tenshyo. /whips out the stroking hand.
    Heeey baby confidence, lets grow you big and strong. Like a lion.

@zsadist - I agree that you can generally tell the difference between someone fishing for compliments and someone with genuinely low self-esteem.

@moirean - it is true that some of you guys will certainly garner more responses to your posts than us common schmucks. That said, popularity on forums is vitally linked to two primary things: how often you post, and how not-a-jerk you are while doing so. As such, the more you post, the more popular you can become!

IshinHavenEmelle
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    There's definite snark and critique about the pictures in this thread, whether directly in it or not, but such is life. Anything and everything will have haters.

If you don't like the way you look, use that as motivation to make a change! Hit the gym, groom yourself, make your appearance something to be proud of. Turn it into something positive.
    AryanneIshinColette
  • @Aryanne - Yeah that's a beanie. My favorite one actually

• You can totally pull off a beanie, I'm jealous man, you have a good head for it, lucky dog.

Tenshyo
  • Haha, thanks? lol

Aryanne
  • Tenshyo said:

@Aryanne - Yeah that's a beanie. My favorite one actually

You wear beanies too? Maybe we really are related...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinAryanne
  • Ezalor said:

There's definite snark and critique about the pictures in this thread, whether directly in it or not, but such is life. Anything and everything will have haters.

Seriously. One picture after a party and @Rashar is eternally calling me some hillbilly redneck type. The noive.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Bahaha. You totes pulled off tater salad though. And all of my teasing is with a big giant bleeding heart for you jerks!
    IshinEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aryanne said:

@toz - You look younger than Tenshyo. /whips out the stroking hand.
    Heeey baby confidence, lets grow you big and strong. Like a lion.

Hey! @Aryanne! PG13 here, remember!
    IshinHaven
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    @Tenshyo, I'm twenty-four and I look a little over thirty. Your problem is a better one to have.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

AryanneIshinColetteTrager
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Guessing ages is usually a tricky thing, at least as far as I've seen, but yeah, people guessing you are younger than you really are is generally better. :tongue:

ColetteAryanne
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I LOOK OLD RIGHT? RIGHT?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Aryanne
    Trager said:

I LOOK OLD RIGHT? RIGHT?

You sure do, babyface.

AryanneIshinMariena
  • Ashmer said:

@Tenshyo, I'm twenty-four and I look a little over thirty. Your problem is a better one to have.

I'm inching ever closer to 30 and I still get asked "What high school are you in?" or "Are you even old enough to work here?" Back when I bought alcohol on a weekly basis, I'd always get carded and a few places would CLOSELY examine the ID - cause I'm totally the type that has a fake ID. That's just how I roll (Had to throw that in - my six year old says it all the time)
    Aryanne
  • I'm going to be 30. :(

Life is over.
    ArbreAshmerElwynColetteTeaniValenaeIshinAryanne
    Bro, a 118 year old man competed in a Kung Fu championship not too long ago. The world's oldest living active teacher just turned like 103 or something. Man up.

IshinNolaAryanneMelantha
  • No offense, but I will molly whop the world's oldest living active teacher -and- the 118 year old kung fu champion. That doesn't mean my back doesn't hurt like a bitch, my knees don't pop every time I do a squat, and it doesn't take me 2 cups of coffee to function in the mornings. :(
    Trager