Styles!

12346»

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Barely able to maintain his balance, Ishin drunkenly weaves between $Target's flailing limbs and makes a chomp at them. It takes a few tries, but finally he sinks his teeth into $target's flesh.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Areka said:

Barely able to maintain his balance, Ishin drunkenly weaves between $Target's flailing limbs and makes a chomp at them. It takes a few tries, but finally he sinks his teeth into $target's flesh.

Drunken!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Obyn said:

@Riluo I spoke with @Razmael today about shifting bloodborn styles over to scythe, and it should happen sometime in the near future. At this point I'm waiting on the code to be changed so I can plug all of the rewritten messages in. As for carnifex styles, I'm not certain what can or will be done about those.

@Obyn Any updates on this by chance.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I delivered the list to @Oleis. Beyond that, I cannot honestly say.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    No problem, you still rock

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    Obyn said:

@Riluo I spoke with @Razmael today about shifting bloodborn styles over to scythe, and it should happen sometime in the near future. At this point I'm waiting on the code to be changed so I can plug all of the rewritten messages in. As for carnifex styles, I'm not certain what can or will be done about those.

@Oleis @Razmael‌ @‌Dristin @Keroc‌ @Obyn‌

any updates its been a while and I have dozens of these things including limited edition ones. Do we think it will be sooner than later. Thank you :)

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    It's one of those things I keep forgetting and hitting myself for. Wonderful @Obyn put all the messages together for me and made my life much easier. I just have to go in there and make the (potentially frustrating) code changes. If I haven't posted SOMETHING by Monday evening, just feel free to message the crap out of me.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Riluo
  • edited January 2015
    In case people were still compiling/interested in technique scroll messages, here's a bunch of Cabalist ones:

You have unlocked the following techniques in lazy style:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: You try to remember which number to contemplate to annihilate Varian, but lose focus and instead clobber Him with your fist.
    3p: Elene stares vapidly at Varian for a while, before abruptly clobbering Him with her fist.

You have unlocked the following techniques in drunken style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: Filled with hazy affection for Varian, you reach out and grab His face between your hands.
    Horrified, you realize that His flesh is rotting away beneath your touch.
    3p: A loving smile on her face, Elene reaches out and grabs Varian's face between her hands. With
    horror, Elene realizes His flesh is rotting away beneath her touch.

You have unlocked the following techniques in tundral style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: You call upon Yi and Jherza, using your fundamental understanding of essence to displace
    Varian's heat, freezing Him.
    3p: Elene's brow knots in focus, and the temperature drops, frost and ice forming upon Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in spirean style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: You create a localized distortion of Varian's material essence, displacing it into the
    atmosphere and depleting His frame.
    3p: Elene creates a localized distortion of Varian's material essence, displacing it into the
    atmosphere and depleting His frame.

You have unlocked the following techniques in telekinetic style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: Your understanding of Jherza and Ef'tig allows you to manipulate Varian's mass, casting Him
    aside with painful force.
    3p: Elene focuses, casting Varian to the ground by some unseen force.

You have unlocked the following techniques in clumsy style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: You draw upon your Numerological teachings, but contemplate Jhako instead of Jherza - reality
    skews, and you lose your inertia, crashing hard into Varian.
    3p: Elene begins to slide sideways with a startled look, crashing hard into Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in phasic style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: Using your knowledge of Rafic, Ef'tig, and Jherza, you exchange places with Varian, turn, and
    drive your hand into His back, leeching the life and cohesion from His frame.
    3p: Elene exchanges places with Varian and puts a hand to His back, leeching the life and cohesion
    from His frame.

You have unlocked the following techniques in warcry style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: "[Insert your warcry here]," you explain calmly, your voice distorting as you warp
    Varian's essence into an unraveling tangle.
    3p: "[Insert your warcry here]," Elene explains calmly, her voice distorting as she warps
    Varian's essence into an unraveling tangle.

You have unlocked the following techniques in defensive style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: You keep a safe distance from Varian, lobbing crippling maladies at Him with mathematical
    precision.
    3p: Elene keeps a safe distance from Varian, lobbing debilitating mental attacks from afar.

You have unlocked the following techniques in confident style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: You focus, and a moment later Varian strikes Himself in a fit of Numerologically-assisted
    bewilderment.
    3p: Elene hardly moves, but Varian twists round and strikes Himself without hesitation.

You have unlocked the following techniques in gourmandic style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: Fat sloughs from Varian's body at your touch, trimming His meat for cooking.
    3p: Fat sloughs from Varian's body at Elene's touch, trimming His meat for cooking.

You have unlocked the following techniques in spooky style:
    Cabalist (decay)
    1P: Invoking the power of the Spheres, you destabilize the threads surrounding Varian, projecting
    His frail essence across twelve dimensions and forcing Him to regard His own, dissolving innards.
    3p: Brow furrowed in thought, Elene makes complex hand gestures at Varian, who abruptly screams in
    terror, frantically scrabbling at His belly.
    IshinSerrice[Deleted User]Moirean
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Oleis said:

It's one of those things I keep forgetting and hitting myself for. Wonderful @Obyn put all the messages together for me and made my life much easier. I just have to go in there and make the (potentially frustrating) code changes.

If I haven't posted SOMETHING by Monday evening, just feel free to message the crap out of me.

Thanks heaps

IshinMoirean
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Haha, that Cabalist clumsy style is perfect.

ParkerEleneIshinAshmer
  • Serrice said:

Haha, that Cabalist clumsy style is perfect.

Agreed. Though I like most of the Cabbie ones. Someone had fun writing them, I can tell.
    EleneIshinAshmerAngwe
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    Oleis said:

It's one of those things I keep forgetting and hitting myself for. Wonderful @Obyn put all the messages together for me and made my life much easier. I just have to go in there and make the (potentially frustrating) code changes.

If I haven't posted SOMETHING by Monday evening, just feel free to message the crap out of me.

Thanks heaps

@Oleis MESSAGING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU TIME!! As per your instructions :blush: heh cheers as always

Thank you for the reminder! Announce post #2362 will interest you greatly.
    [---]
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Wohoo! Thank you :)

• edited May 2015
    Hello! Thought I'd contribute the style I just learned: Lazy Templar.

Templar (weapon attacks)
    1P: Out of breath, you fumble (weapon) just before you can strike Varian with it, dropping it on His
    foot.
    3p: Out of breath, Isande fumbles (weapon) just before she can strike Varian with it, dropping it on
    His foot.

I should probably just sheath that weapon before I hurt myself..
    Edit: I'm also curious if anyone is willing to trade Elegant or Warcry for this Leaping I have..
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    Xenia
  • I have found that Elegant tends to have awesome messages, though themed ones like Bedrock for Teradrim and Telekinetic for Monk are pretty sweet too.

List o' favorites = Elegant, Telekinetic, Bombastic, Phasic

Isande
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @razmael @Oleis was hoping you could please fix the Blades style scroll to function like other scrolls for Rituos/Bloodborn so that we can use it with frenzy.
    You have unlocked the following techniques in blades style:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rituos (scythe)
    1P: You draw (weapon) through Varian, allowing the blade to drink upon His blood.
    3p: Riluo draws (weapon) through Varian, allowing the blade to drink upon His blood.
    As all other scrolls function correctly except this one which is not to happy!!!
    You have unlocked the following techniques in insane style:
    Rituos (scythe)
    1P: Cackling madly, you lunge forward and cut into Varian with (weapon), tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons in your crazed bloodlust.
    3p: Cackling madly, Riluo lunges forward and cuts into Varian with (weapon), tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons while in the throes of crazed bloodlust.

Praenomen (frenzy)
    1P: Cackling madly, you lunge forward and beat Varian to a bloody pulp, tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons in your crazed bloodlust.
    3p: Cackling madly, Riluo lunges forward and beat Varian to a bloody pulp, tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons while in the throes of crazed bloodlust.

Thank you :)

Riluo said:

@razmael @Oleis was hoping you could please fix the Blades style scroll to function like other scrolls for Rituos/Bloodborn so that we can use it with frenzy.

Rituos (scythe)
    1P: You draw (weapon) through Varian, allowing the blade to drink upon His blood.
    3p: Riluo draws (weapon) through Varian, allowing the blade to drink upon His blood.
    As all other scrolls function correctly except this one which is not to happy!!!
    You have unlocked the following techniques in insane style:
    Rituos (scythe)
    1P: Cackling madly, you lunge forward and cut into Varian with (weapon), tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons in your crazed bloodlust.
    3p: Cackling madly, Riluo lunges forward and cuts into Varian with (weapon), tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons while in the throes of crazed bloodlust.

Praenomen (frenzy)
    1P: Cackling madly, you lunge forward and beat Varian to a bloody pulp, tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons in your crazed bloodlust.
    3p: Cackling madly, Riluo lunges forward and beat Varian to a bloody pulp, tearing His flesh to bloody ribbons while in the throes of crazed bloodlust.

Thank you :)

I'm afraid you're mistaken at what happened. When I released the changes that absorbed Bloodborn into Praenomen, I made sure that everyone with a bloodborn style scroll had both a Rituos and a Praenomen scroll in each. It was meant to ensure that nobody felt cheated if they didn't want to stick to scythe bashing. Now that we're past that conversion, it's necessary to learn each style like you would have in the past.
    [---]
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Fair enough but it was not mentioned to anyone :( So if I am rituos right now and I want to use it for frenzy, I need to purchase a new one and activate it as Praenomen to use it in rituos?

Yes. That's correct. Praenomen = frenzy. Rituos = scythe. It's like how monks have separate punch and kick.

For reference, the announce post:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2362 Date: 1/23/2015 at 18:07 From: Oleis, the Infused To : Everyone Subj: Rituos Praenomen Styles After significant (and regrettable) delay, Rituos Praenomen now have styles specifically for their scythe attacks! Every previously-Bloodborn style now has a scythe-centric message for you to enjoy. I'd hate for you to miss out on your old frenzy fun, though, so I've given anyone who owns a Rituos style the corresponding Praenomen (Frenzy) style. Enjoy! Penned by my hand on the 1st of Ios, in the year 440 MA.
    [---]
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    ok I will keep it in mind, thanks

• edited December 2015
    Boy I'm getting a lot of style scrolls this promotion :neutral:
    Defensive:
    Carnifex (hammer)
    1P: Fending off Varian with an impenetrable defense, you exploit a gap in His attacks to deliver a punishing blow with
    (weapon).
    3p: Fending off Varian with an impenetrable defense, Eocis exploits a gap in His attacks to deliver a punishing blow
    with (weapon).

Tundral:
    Carnifex (hammer)
    1P: You lift (weapon), coating it with a frosty, deathly chill, and smash it hard into Varian.
    3p: Eocis lifts (weapon), coating it with a frosty, deathly chill, and smashes it hard into Varian.

Powerful:
    Carnifex (hammer)
    1P: Putting your body's weight into the swing, you waylay Varian with a powerful hammer blow.
    3p: Putting his body's weight into the swing, Eocis waylays Varian with a powerful hammer blow.

Confident:
    Carnifex (hammer)
    1P: You spin (weapon) around your shoulders and then swing, catching Varian with a powerful sideways blow.
    3p: Eocis spins (weapon) around his shoulders and then swings, catching Varian with a powerful sideways blow.

Drunken:
    1P: You throw your hands in the air, bellowing with drunken fury. As (weapon) leaves your grasp, it sails forward and buffets Varian.
    3p: Eocis throws his hands in the air, bellowing with drunken fury. As (weapon) leaves his grasp, it sails forward and buffets Varian.

Warcry: (Unset my warcry so it's default)
    1P: "Die," you roar, slamming (weapon) into Varian with sheer, blunt force.
    3p: "Die," Eocis roars, slamming (weapon) into Varian with sheer, blunt force.
  • Are there any more melee-oriented staffcast techniques than these?

You have unlocked the following techniques in forceful style:
    Ascendril (staffcast)
    1P: As you slam (weapon) into Varian's body, a burst of magic flows forth and rattles His core.
    3p: As Lait slams (weapon) into Varian's body, a burst of magic flows forth and rattles His core.

Ascendril (staffcast)
    1P: You sweep the legs of Varian, then drive (weapon) into Him with a powerful contact spell.
    3p: Lait sweeps the legs of Varian, then drives (weapon) into Him with a powerful contact spell.

Ascendril (staffcast)
    1P: You begin to gather your power, but lose interest and clobber Varian with (weapon) instead.
    3p: Lait begins to gather her power, but loses interest and clobbers Varian with (weapon) instead.

Also, lol at this one. Overkill much?

You have unlocked the following techniques in confident style:
    Ascendril (staffcast)
    1P: You raise (weapon) in a casual, one-handed grip and fire off a volley of holocaust orbs,
    incinerating Varian in the blast.
    3p: Lait raises (weapon) in a casual, one-handed grip and fires off a volley of holocaust orbs,
    incinerating Varian in the blast.
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
  • @Lait: There is a much larger list of styles than the ones you have. Here are a few of the rare ones I have:

This kind of scroll can teach the following techniques in Gourmandic style:
    Ascendril (staffcast),

This kind of scroll can teach the following techniques in Spooky style:
    Ascendril (staffcast),

This kind of scroll can teach the following techniques in Iosian style:
    Sciomancer (staffcast),

I don't know what any of the styles actually look like, because I haven't learned any of them, but there is a large list of styles to choose from.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I want a spooky one :(
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Underhanded:

Praenomen (frenzy)
    1P: You abruptly throw your weight into Varian and gouge your thumbs into His eyes before pummeling
    Him with a series of opportunistic blows.
    3p: Erzsebet abruptly throws her weight into Varian and gouges her thumbs into His eyes before
    pummeling Him with a series of opportunistic blows.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You have unlocked the following techniques in underhanded style:
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Calling to the forces of nature, you create a thunderous crack of lightning behind Varian. While
    Varian is distracted by the sound, you raise (weapon) and barrage Him with a sparking charge of
    electricity.
    3p: Calling to the forces of nature, Aishia creates a thunderous crack of lightning behind Varian.
    While Varian is distracted by the sound, Aishia raises (weapon) and barrages Him with a sparking
    charge of electricity.
    H:7783 M:6918 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:42% [sdb eb]--

I just feel like it's not UNDERHANDED ENOUGH.
    Xenia