Styles!

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That's not describing why, that's describing how. You can do drunken boxing sober, is the point here, it's in the way you move, not the why you move.

IshinDamariel
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
  • The point of the drunken style is, as has been said, to emulate the actual drunken martial art form, which has less to do with drinking and more to do with moving unpredictably with off-kilter timing. Because it makes you look drunk, yes, it's called "drunken" - and honestly, my own lack of creativity led to me going "okay, a few of these styles can just be actually drunk".

I don't foresee us changing the Praenomen one, since a lot of players are pretty happy with it.

i am rapture coder
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    :/ This is why we need the ability to look at it before we get it. I wouldn't have elected to get this one at all if I'd known it was different in this way from all the other drunken styles I've seen.
    imageimage
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    You have unlocked the following techniques in drunken style:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: Your feet moving seemingly of their own accord, you drift sideways, jerking (weapon) upward to
    slash Varian open.
    3p: Seir's feet move seemingly of their own accord, and he drifts sideways, jerking (weapon) upward
    to slash Varian open.

Sentinel (stab)
    1P: Lurching sideways in a flurry of unbalanced steps, you drunkenly jab Varian with (weapon).
    3p: Lurching sideways in a flurry of unbalanced steps, Seir drunkenly jabs Varian with (weapon).
    I approve.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    @Damariel Is there a chance of making this one a bit more Bloodborn-ish. Perhaps include the use of our wisp or dispersing in a haze of blood and reforming to reappear behind our target ?
    Bloodborn (frenzy)
    1P: In a flash of supernatural speed, you find yourself beside Varian, striking Him with a powerful series of blows.
    3p: In a flash of supernatural speed, Riluo appears beside Varian, striking Him with a
    powerful series of blows.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Here's another thought.... perhaps you can release a news post that says, "Here are all the styles for the respective classes. Has fun!!!"
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited May 2014
    Zsadist said:

Here's another thought.... perhaps you can release a news post that says, "Here are all the styles for the respective classes. Has fun!!!"

What, and deny our players the fun of cataloguing them? They've been having quite a lot of fun with that and I'm not one to rob them of that joy.

I will be making a final round of changes in the next few days; I've been gone and I'm trying to clear through a backlog of other stuff. Rest assured Carnifex style messages are top priority.
    Riluo
    The...fun of cataloging them? /dubious
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    >> I love spreadsheets.
    Piper
  • Damariel said:
    Rest assured Carnifex are top priority.
    That's my trigger >:(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Omei
    Areka said:

>> I love spreadsheets.

I love spreadsheets that are completely filled out. >.>
    imageimage
    edited May 2014
    Damariel said:

Rest assured Carnifex style messages are top priority.

Cue the admin's next binger.
    IshinOmeiRiluo
    edited May 2014
    For the gdoc:

You have unlocked the following techniques in tundral style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: As you focus, (weapon) grows jagged and frosty, deathly spikes of ice coating it as you jab it hard into Varian.
    3p: As Moirean focuses, (weapon) grows jagged and frosty, deathly spikes of ice coating it as she jabs it hard into Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in bedrock style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: Spinning (weapon) sharply before slamming the butt end into the ground, you fling a volley of stone shards at Varian.
    3p: Spinning (weapon) sharply before slamming the butt end into the ground, Moirean flings a volley of stone shards at Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in warcry style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: "HROAGH!" you roar, stabbing (weapon) into Varian with vicious gusto.
    3p: "HROAGH!" Moirean roars, stabbing (weapon) into Varian with vicious gusto.

You have unlocked the following techniques in straightforward style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: You strike Varian with (weapon).
    3p: Moirean strikes Varian with (weapon).

You have unlocked the following techniques in iosian style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: You aim a mighty swing into Varian, the blade of (weapon) hacking into His gut. With a snarl, you wrench your blade free, spilling His entrails in a gory display.
    3p: Moirean aims a mighty swing into Varian, the blade of (weapon) hacking into His gut. With a snarl, Moirean wrenches His blade free, spilling His entrails in a gory display.

Yes. Aetolia persists in thinking I am a man. At least, now I also seem to be upgraded to a God. Woooo?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    The straightforward style sure lives up to its name.

Alice
    Yarp. :/
  • Carnifex polearm messages have been altered where they were found to unambiguously describe stabbing or jabbing.

With that, the open period on requesting style changes has ended.
    Moirean
    Updated ones:

You have unlocked the following techniques in tundral style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: As you focus, (weapon) grows jagged and frosty, deathly spikes of ice streaming from it as you swing it hard into Varian.
    3p: As Moirean focuses, (weapon) grows jagged and frosty, deathly spikes of ice streaming from it as she swings it hard into Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in bedrock style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: Spinning (weapon) sharply before slamming its haft into the ground, you fling a volley of stone shards at Varian.
    3p: Spinning (weapon) sharply before slamming the haft into the ground, Moirean flings a volley of stone shards at Varian.

Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: "HROAGH!" you roar, splitting Varian open with a vicious overhead swing of (weapon).
    3p: "HROAGH!" Moirean roars, splitting Varian open with a vicious overhead swing of (weapon).

Unsure if there are others/what they look like.
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Moirean said:

For the gdoc:

You have unlocked the following techniques in iosian style:
    Carnifex (polearm)
    1P: You aim a mighty swing into Varian, the blade of (weapon) hacking into His gut. With a snarl, you wrench your blade free, spilling His entrails in a gory display.
    3p: Moirean aims a mighty swing into Varian, the blade of (weapon) hacking into His gut. With a snarl, Moirean wrenches His blade free, spilling His entrails in a gory display.

Yes. Aetolia persists in thinking I am a man. At least, now I also seem to be upgraded to a God. Woooo?

Oops, that was my bad. It's fixed now.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    You have unlocked the following techniques in forceful style:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: You swing (weapon) through Varian, carving Him open like a cut of meat.
    3p: Angwe swings (weapon) through Varian, carving Him open like a cut of meat.

You have unlocked the following techniques in bombastic style:
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: You dart back in anticipation of a counterattack, and then circle with intent gaze, waiting until you can rush in. Your grip tightens on (weapon), and you hold it close in case you need to guard yourself before dragging a vicious edge across Varian - His blood showers through the air.
    3p: Angwe darts back in anticipation of a counterattack, and then circles with an intent gaze, waiting until he can rush in. Tightening his grip on (weapon), he draws it close before dragging a vicious edge across Varian, whose blood showers through the air.

You have unlocked the following techniques in elegant style:
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: You dash forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, wounds from (weapon) open up on His frame.
    3p: Angwe dashes forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, wounds from (weapon) open up on His frame.

You have unlocked the following techniques in phasic style:
    Sentinel (stab)
    1P: Spinning and vanishing in a shower of leaves, you reappear beside Varian and drive (weapon) into Him.
    3p: Spinning and vanishing in a shower of leaves, Angwe reappears beside Varian and drives (weapon) into Him.

Sentinel (slash)
    1P: Momentarily disappearing in a swirl of leaves, you emerge again beside Varian and swing (weapon) across Him viciously.
    3p: Momentarily disappearing in a swirl of leaves, Angwe emerges again beside Varian and swings (weapon) across Him viciously.

Sentinel (slash)
    1P: "IOL'SPAIGH!" you shout, ducking aside and dragging (weapon) through Varian.
    3p: "IOL'SPAIGH!" Angwe shouts, ducking aside and dragging (weapon) through Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in leaping style:
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: You vault over Varian, carving Him open with an underhand cut from (weapon) as you clear the distance.
    3p: Angwe vaults over Varian, carving Him open with an underhand cut from (weapon) as he clears the distance.

You have unlocked the following techniques in straightforward style:
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: You slash Varian with (weapon).
    3p: Angwe slashes Varian with (weapon).
    Wheeee. Fire nation, ftw?

You have unlocked the following techniques in blazing style:
    Zealot (punches)
    1P: You jab the air, a bolt of fire flying from your fist to strike Varian.
    3p: Zahera jabs the air, a bolt of fire flying from her fist to strike Varian.

Zealot (kicks)
    1P: You arc your leg through the air, creating a whip of fire to scourge Varian.
    3p: Zahera arcs her leg through the air, creating a whip of fire to scourge
    Varian.

You have unlocked the following techniques in leaping style:
    Zealot (punches)
    1P: You pivot and jump skyward as you turn, your upraised fist wreathed in flame
    as you deal Varian a powerful blow.
    3p: Zahera pivots, jumping skyward as she turns - her upraised fist is wreathed
    in flame as she deals Varian a powerful blow.

You have unlocked the following techniques in stormy style:
    Zealot (punches)
    1P: You strike sharply at the air, a bolt of lightning flying from your bladed
    hand to scourge Varian.
    3p: Zahera strikes sharply at the air, a bolt of lightning flying from her
    bladed hand to scourge Varian.
    imageimage
    IshinJami
  • edited June 2014
    You have unlocked the following techniques in stormy style:
    Zealot (kicks)
    1P: Your leg arcs upward, driving Varian back amidst a searing explosion of
    static electricity.
    3p: Someone's leg arcs upward, driving Varian back amidst a searing explosion of
    static electricity.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited November 2014
    @Razmael @oleis I purchased credits in order to obtain this scroll. It is meant to be a rare one for those who did the promotion, yet it does not work as it is meant to work with a weapon as show:
    1P: You send your wisp to spread across Varian's vision, eliciting a blood-curdling scream just before you slice into Him with (weapon). 3p: Riluo sends his wisp to spread across Varian's vision, eliciting a blood-curdling scream just before he slices into Him with (weapon).
    However when used it does not show the weapon, instead it merely shows the word (weapon) Please can this be corrected to work with the scythe as intended, as it refuses to note weapon type when I use my hunting scythe skill, which is now the primary attack we all use. We do not use frenzy anymore its our newbie attack now! Yet it forces us to use frenzy and we get the message show above word for word!!

PLEASE and Thank you

KagamiTragerLim
  • Please bug it with the name of the style, if you have not already.
    This was something @Oleis seemed favorable for a bit ago, but I'm guessing it got forgotten or sidelined for more important stuff, so just a reminder - with the Carnifex revamp, our hunting attack went from polearm to hammer. Is there any chance invested Carni style scrolls could be reset, as they are basically wasted now.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Obyn done and done, thank you for the quick reply.

@Moirean Agree, I have tons of styles that are all linked to frenzy a hunting skill none of us use since scythes became our hunting skill in the Bloodborn. So in theory we are now left with all these useless scrolls we invested in. Which sucks hugely.

MoireanErzsebet
  • @Riluo I spoke with @Razmael today about shifting bloodborn styles over to scythe, and it should happen sometime in the near future. At this point I'm waiting on the code to be changed so I can plug all of the rewritten messages in. As for carnifex styles, I'm not certain what can or will be done about those.
    LimErzsebetRiluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    nerf carnifex messages.

2 pages later, one combo has been performed.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    What about Syssin bite? Can that get some love too?

Pleasepleasepleaseplease
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo