Mudlet Help Desk

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    How do I make a trigger that will extend over multiple lines? Basically working on a dstab trigger. Works thusly:

You jab Faerah with a dirk.
    You discern that a venom has rubbed off your weapon.
    Deftly flipping your dirk around, you jab Faerah again.

Except, there might be something like..

Faerah dodges nimbly out of the way.

or

Faerah resists with the Elder Shaman.

So what I'm asking is how do I make a trigger that will extend over 2-3 lines so I can code in a thing that will track dodging/elder shammy/whatever else?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • It's a little sloppy. There are other ways of going about it (moveCursor and selectLine functions are worth a look), but you could create a trigger group, put your first line in as a pattern and set the fire length to however many the max amount of lines all that should fire in. Then, just add a new trigger item for each of the lines after your attack. "You discern..", "Deftly flipping..", etc.. For the lines that could change, just add both into one trigger item. Like "Faerah dodges nimbly out of the way." and whatever the line is for the venom sticking. In case you'd not used it yet, feedTriggers("\ntrigger line here.\n") is really helpful when you start testing for this sort of thing.
  • P.S. In the trigger items with more than one line (not in the trigger group), you won't need to check any of the feature boxes. Should work whether one or the other fires.
  • Ishin said:

How do I make a trigger that will extend over multiple lines? Basically working on a dstab trigger. Works thusly:

You jab Faerah with a dirk.
    Deftly flipping your dirk around, you jab Faerah again.

Except, there might be something like..

Faerah dodges nimbly out of the way.

or

Faerah resists with the Elder Shaman.

So what I'm asking is how do I make a trigger that will extend over 2-3 lines so I can code in a thing that will track dodging/elder shammy/whatever else?

Or why not be a pro @‌
    "Your venom rubs of .. " or whatever the line as I dont know it of top of my head..

^^ thats all I use and track all them lines you said perfect :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Anyone know where I can find a good set of instructions on compiling Mudlet for Windows 8? Been a Windows user all my life, so -gcc, etc is greek to me. I've tried it using the Windows 7 instructions given on the client forum. Nothing. I'd really like to add a few things in and tinker with the interface.
  • I'd prefer compiling with Visual Studio
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Does mudlet work with Mudbot?
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited December 2014
    Moirean said:

It does. I use them together, though my mudbot has been derpy since the color changes I think. It's not properly pathing.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Setne said:

Moirean said:

It does. I use them together, though my mudbot has been derpy since the color changes I think. It's not properly pathing.
    config xterm off -- but be careful as it normally turns itself off like a ninja @setne
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It's login based, so not so much a ninja as a reliable function.

Oleis
  • ehh I know its login based.. but when moving around it ninja turns itself back to on stopping mudbot from working. @Eleanor‌
  • Mudlet coders. I'm redoing my UI to make it more appealing to me, and easier in combat. I have a question, might get a little complicated.

Here's the simple idea:

I want to take my list of current active affs- The ones that are on me- and compare them to another list of affs by cures. IE, testis_list- all in order as shown in HELP CURES REANIMATION compared with current_affs list. Then take the affs that match up with the testis_list table, from the current_affs table, and put them into another table BUT in the proper order. That way if I have recklessness and loneliness it'll put recklessness a head of loneliness.

Then I want to take that new table that was created- and is being constantly updated with every new aff- and make a 'button' that shows the first aff on that cure type table and hopefully have a x-whatever- depending on how many affs, not counting the first one, is in the table.

So it'll look something like this:

If I have recklessness, loneliness, and berserking. It'll spit back out- Recklessness x2, until reckless is cured then it'll switch loneliness x1 and so on.

So my question is, if you haven't figured out. How to compare, order, and spit back out with the proper x next to the aff...?
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • If you're using Tripwire, tw.affsByCure is worth looking into. I'm sure Entropy's got something of the sort, too. But that'll contain the prioritized lists you're looking for. To sort another table by the aff's location on that list, you'd just iterate over tw.affsByCure[herb] and assign the afflictions to the new table as they appear in your compared table. for k,v in pairs(tw.affsByCure.goldenseal) do for i,j in pairs(current_affs) do if v == j (granted you're using the right table to store your afflictions) then table.insert(prioritized_current_affs, v) end end end
    Riluo
  • Hi, I don't know if this has been answered before, or if it's even a mudlet problem, but I can't seem to view combatmessages properly.

The problem is the colour. This is my config colour for it:

CombatMessages 9 0 You use Newbie Kick on Oleis.

and this is what I see (highlight the line and you'll see I'm receiving the combatmessage, but it's coloured black on a black background, and therefore impossible to see).

You use Wield.
    You start to wield an academy tower shield in your left hand.
    Balance Used: 0.50 seconds

I've tried changing the combatmessage colour config to other colours, to a different background colour, to xterm colours. I've tried enabling and disabling xterm. I've tried enabling and disabling mudlet's force compression off, force telnet GA off, force newline, force MXP off settings. GMCP is on, naturally. It still doesn't show up. Do you guys think it's a mudlet problem, or something else?
    @Rina - IIRC that has something to do with xterm colors. Try CONFIG XTERM OFF, and see if they'll pop up for you then.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Hrm, I've tried that but nothing changed, unfortunately.
  • No system? Might be a trigger overriding the configs

Politics
    Rina said:

Hrm, I've tried that but nothing changed, unfortunately.

In CONFIG COLOR, there's a toggle for CombatMessages. Try swapping the color around some, see if any of the other options make it visible.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Rina said:

Hi, I don't know if this has been answered before, or if it's even a mudlet problem, but I can't seem to view combatmessages properly.

The problem is the colour. This is my config colour for it:

CombatMessages 9 0 You use Newbie Kick on Oleis.

and this is what I see (highlight the line and you'll see I'm receiving the combatmessage, but it's coloured black on a black background, and therefore impossible to see).

You use Wield.
    You start to wield an academy tower shield in your left hand.
    Balance Used: 0.50 seconds

I've tried changing the combatmessage colour config to other colours, to a different background colour, to xterm colours. I've tried enabling and disabling xterm. I've tried enabling and disabling mudlet's force compression off, force telnet GA off, force newline, force MXP off settings. GMCP is on, naturally. It still doesn't show up. Do you guys think it's a mudlet problem, or something else?

I have the exact same problem. But I use CMud and as far as I can tell it's nothing on my end. I sort of got around it by setting up triggers on my end to colour all the combat messages but I would prefer if it actually worked. :(
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Do either of you use Mudbot?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • edited January 2015
    @Oleis, Yes, though I use the exact copy that my husband uses from a google drive folder and he doesn't have this problem.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Okay! I knew I couldn't blame Mudbot, but it does help me diagnose. I had similar problems with one of our God channels when we first rolled out the changes, so I should be able to fix it up in the next day or two. You'll hear from me!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • I don't use mudbot. And uh, it's a weird problem that's for sure. I made another character to test, and that one had her combatmessages appear red... and only red, no matter what I set the config colour to. I used the flash client on the site to test, and also on a telnet connection, and the problem persists, so it's definitely not client-side. I tried going through all my configs and toggling them on and off, and the combatmessage (for both characters) didn't change. I've gotten to the point where I'm actually very amused at the quirkiness of it all. Haha. Well, I'll either trigger and re-colour it myself as Kendri did, or live with it. Thanks for the help, everyone.
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys I am looking to add some kind of command that when I enter 2 on the numb pad to go south it will leap if that direction is blocked. Only issue is it does not give the direction in the message so I need a fail safe like a temptrigger or something I think. This is the line you see below:

^(\w+) stops you from moving that way.

Any way to code this in ?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I changed my numpad commands to:

lastdir = "west"
    send( movetype .. "west" )
    movetype = "move"

Then in your trigger you'd just do:
    movetype = "leap"
    RiluoIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    Thanks mate that works. I just added a on/off function. You rock.
    if mblock then
    send( movetype .. " sw" )
    movetype = "move"
    end

^(\w+) stops you from moving that way.$
    mblock = true
    movetype = "leap" 

^The elder dragon, Re'augar bunches its muscles and leaps gracefully to the .+.$
    mblock = false

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I actually told you to do it differently to what I do:

I had the 0 key as:
    movetype = "leap"

So to leap, I hit the 0 key on the numpad before hitting the direction key.

The "cannot move that way because it is water so you must swim" line, I triggered to do:
    send("swim " .. lastdir)

I got it wrong from memory because I've had the zephyr arti so long I haven't actually needed to swim for years.

IshinRiluo
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Might even be able to take it a bit further for indoors. If vampire and gmcp.blahblahindoors then quickdismount/fade. Etc, so forth.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Trager said:

Might even be able to take it a bit further for indoors. If vampire and gmcp.blahblahindoors then quickdismount/fade. Etc, so forth.

no such gmcp for indoors/outdoors etc