Threaded Messages

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited October 2014 in Idea Box
As a CL/GM/OH/troublemaker, I get TONS of messages and I send tons out. Sometimes I get messages back with like "Yeah" and I'll be honest, I don't even know what that's in reply to. It'd be pretty awesome if we had a message option more similar to email or forum PMs, where the discussion was threaded and easy to review. This would also make communication among city/guild councils way easier. Examples:

TMSG [subject] [recipients]
--- TMSG [Ironmaw] [Jensen] Let's talk about ideas for the Ironmaw.
--- TMSG [Ironmaw] [Tina, Eugenides, Grimdale, Kellira] Wtf are we going to do about Jensen and the Ironmaw?

TMSG # - reply to an existing thread
--- TMSG 1 I want a hanging tree.
You sent the following reply to thread #1 (Subject: Ironmaw):
I want a hanging tree.

Upon receiving one:

You just received threaded message #1.1 from Jensen. RTMSG 1.1 to view. RTMSG 1 to view the entire conversation.

TMSGS [keyword] - Keyword lets you filter by a specific keyword
******************************[ Threaded Message Summary ]******************************
[TMSG#] [New] [Subject] [Total] [Participants] [Summary]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 * Ironmaw 4 Jensen Let's talk about ideas for the Ironmaw.
2 Ironmaw 2 Tina, Eugenides, Gri... Wtf are we going to do about Jensen...

-RTMSG [#/Subject] [.#]
--- RTMSG 1
******************************[ TMSG #1: Ironmaw ]******************************
[TMSG#] [New] [From] [Date] [Summary]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.1 Moirean 10/20/2014 Let's talk about ideas for the Ironmaw.
1.2 Jensen 10/20/2014 I want a hanging tree.
1.3 Moirean 10/20/2014 Can you paste me a description for it?
1.4 * Jensen 10/20/2015 Appearance: a hanging tree, dropped: a hanging tr...

---RTMSG 1.4
TMessage #1.4 Subject: Ironmaw Sent By: Jensen Received On: 10/20/2014/3:23
"Appearance: a hanging tree. dropped: a hanging tree hangs out here. Examined: This tree is great for hanging."
AldricFaerahAlissandraIshinHaven

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ugh I hate these forums and their lack of formatting options.
    It occurs to me that you could use this system internally/administratively for a lot more efficiency and cleaner communication:

- Bug reports and issues would auto create their own thread to easier track updates, communication, resolutions
    - All decay messages would go into a decay thread automatically to avoid message clutter
    - Requests for city/guild stuff would be a ton easier to track
    - Builder projects could have their own thread for easier back and forth communication, status updates
    - Special house/artifact requests would have a thread so they'd be easier to remember and see updates on

Etc.
    Riluo
  • Or, Wouldn't it be easier to just have Categorys, for the people etc.

msg category moirean - will list all messages to and from Moirean in order of sent/delivered.

msg category decay / etc etc
    You don't see sent messages. This concept would let you track an entire conversation and include all responses from all recipients.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I've often received replies to messages I sent and forgot and this would be pretty nice!

Ishin
  • Moirean said:

You don't see sent messages. This concept would let you track an entire conversation and include all responses from all recipients.

Yeah thats what I meant!

like msg category moirean

Would say
    You sent: hi
    She sent: yo
    You sent: .. etc etc

It might be easier to code and more productive then the threded.. :/
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Tenoch said:
    Yeah thats what I meant! like msg category moirean Would say You sent: hi She sent: yo You sent: .. etc etc It might be easier to code and more productive then the threded.. :/
    You're essentially describing two shades of the same thing. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • I wold love this idea. Sometimes I incorporate a subject line into my messages but wish I can see a thread of what I sent to.