I remember...

Comments

• I remember the first tekal....thank you all for making me feel incredibly old.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I remember when the game seemed less oriented towards PK.

I remember when Divine -had- to be involved to make people an Endgame race.

I remember the crazy ratman in Enorian.

I remember the thrill of getting that first promotion in a guild, how much it meant and how nervous I was at the first interview.

I remember when East Itzatl was opened up, and how my character was completely screwed over by Severn. (Awesome fun!)

KrazAryanne
  • I remember wheeeen...

The Ascendril were the Ascendril Circle, existing solely as a clan. One of the members had the only dominion crystal artifact at the time, and that functioned as the master crystal for the group.
    (PS: Elementalism > Sciomancy/Elemancy all day every day)

Hakhim was the resident vermin-buyer in Enorian. When he was beheaded in an event, people were actually pretty sad!

Sryaen and the TBA Ganksquad went into Duiran pre-Eternal Leader Sibatti(tm) era and killed every guard therein before offering "tours" of the council to passerby.

Ashtan was easy to navigate and fun to map out.
    (Ha ha, just kidding, that never happened.)

Bashing to level 80 was considered one heck of an arduous task as-is (before overkill, double exp, etc.) and getting endgame was a pretty big deal. (Aere getting endgame in like three weeks? was considered a pretty huge accomplishment, and was one of the fastest speed-runs at the time!)

The Desian Era. To this date I have trouble comparing any specific player to the role he held as what was essentially the game's antagonist.

When mapping as a whole was something that was slowly working its way into popularity, before the awesome path finding system now and prevalence of mappers. Ways to areas were memorized and typed so reflexively that a trip from Ashtan to Enorian become a feat of muscle memory over anything.

It hasn't faded as much, but back in the day NoT was a touch more notorious for duels, and they were usually a pretty big deal. Huge groups would gather up just to watch, and if there was a fight, you could guarantee it'd be at NoT.
    KrazTeaniBenedictoMoireanAryanneKaleigh
  • I still walk manually. <.< The only time I use path finding is when using shop directory and trying to find a certain shop.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Sryaen and the TBA Ganksquad went into Duiran pre-Eternal Leader Sibatti(tm) era and killed every guard therein before offering "tours" of the council to passerby.
    That particular event was my baby, thank you very much! Also for those of you too young to remember the TBA Ganksquad...

TeaniMoireanAryanneBufordEmelleTragerHaven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    AKA 3/4 of Moi's exes.
    AshmerBenedictoTrigru
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Shirtless gank squad, more like.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MoireanTrager
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I remember being so mad at @Desian for being a super evil villain when I was just starting to play the game. He was the perfect antagonist for Sibatti to want to grow big and strong to combat against.

I remember @Edhain being the most emo Vanguard ever, and suicide running into Bloodloch's war machine over and over in order to salvage what eventually turned out to be a losing war.

I remember running into @Moirean my first day, and how she RPed at Sibatti while doing something very simple like crafting her some better clothes to wear. I was so amazed and hooked from that moment on, on this weird MUD where people emote out the most seemingly mundane of things (and then much later, realizing that it's not really so mundane).

I remember when @Moirean broke Tekal and got sent back down to level 1 instead of 99. Then she RPed being a tiny (tiniER) Imp until it was fixed.

I remember when Arion was picking fights with everyone, using the Axiom. He's the reason that Sibatti is so sketched out by the Aetolian pantheon.

I remember when Arbothia was the end-all be-all of endgame areas, with only a few people being able to tank the volcano. I remember @Yos power-levelling me from 97-99 by helping me out with those elementals.

I remember holding down 3v6s and 3v7s with just @Yos and @Lanira in Ciem. Old Sentinel traps, Paladin rites, and Lycan howls were amazingly good at breaking up huge trains of people if you did it right.

I remember the Bezaliel Era, and only a handful of us having old cMUD Citadel, and how for awhile there Enorian had the accusation of being "griefers" to poor old Bloodloch (ha).

I remember the Ankyrean Archives, and the passive-aggressive (or, as it was usually, just plain aggressive) edits made to other players' pages.

I remember the IRC Mafia, and being accused of being one of the ringleaders. I remember when there were a lot more people there (seems pretty quiet these days) and how heated the fights, particularly between @Hadoryu and anyone else, would get.

I remember an embarrassing amount of Aetolia art being made of Sibatti.
    AryanneMoireanBufordNolaHadoryu
  • edited September 2014
    we miss the art and you. Edit: I liked your character so much I borrowed the name for playing Prektor tabletop for awhile. :-) She got eaten by zombies.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aryanne
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Sounds about right.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    In my latest playthrough of Dragon Age, I named my dog Sibatti. >_>
    SolariaTrager
    I finally saw Princess Monoke a few months ago and was just like OH I GET SIBATTI NOW.
    TrigruTrager
    edited September 2014
    That movie is basically pure 2010-2013 era Duiran.

Edit: 2010, sorry. Goodness, how time flies.
    MoireanKerryn
  • I still sing the line as 'Now you're just Sibatti that I used to know.'
    TeaniTrigruElie
  • I remember when Bloodloch actually spoke over the city channel, instead of quiet city it is now.

Atrapoema...

I remember when credits were only 2k each.

I remember when combat was manual and not done via AI scripts.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Volka
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I remember pressing 1 to sip health, 2 for eat moss, and 3 for touch tree.
    AshmerTeaniVolkaPerilunaHaven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    And all the aliases to eat different plants to cure manually and at the same time keeping up an offensive by hitting macros, trying not to forget which ones were the right venom combos to keep up a kelp stack for a proper venomlock.

• Teani said:

And all the aliases to eat different plants to cure manually and at the same time keeping up an offensive by hitting macros, trying not to forget which ones were the right venom combos to keep up a kelp stack for a proper venomlock.

Sounds like I missed the best time to be ding PVP! How I wish this was still the norm.

TeaniSessizlikAlissandra
  • I remember going on a 20 level rampage using only right leg. No I will not stop telling that story, get off my lawn you unicorn kids.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TrigruEmellePeriluna
    Toz is like a dad, always telling the same stories over and over.

Toz story #5a: Right leg rockstar
    TragerPeriluna
  • Trigru said:

In my latest playthrough of Dragon Age, I named my dog Sibatti. >_>

My rojalli cub in game is named after her too. ^_^

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • My rojalli cub is named Snargblok
  • I remember meeting @Anfini‌ in the Great Rock. I was something like level 40, and kicking cultists to death because my sire had told me I was not allowed to join a guild in order to get to level 50 so she would embrace me. And she was considered unreasonably strict for doing this at the time.

And if I hadn't been doing that extremely weird thing, half my life would be different. That's one of the things I love about this game.

Emelle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    DAE Desian digging up the entire Bloodloch graveyard during a treasure hunt.
    ObynKerryn
  • The Zombies that took over the world one Holloween. Everyone was zombied and I remember a newbie with grace got everyone to follow him to the inn and we all just kept bouncing off of grace there. Took a few hours for someone to get the zombie curse cured.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aw, this thread gave me the feels. 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Kafar said:

The Zombies that took over the world one Holloween. Everyone was zombied and I remember a newbie with grace got everyone to follow him to the inn and we all just kept bouncing off of grace there. Took a few hours for someone to get the zombie curse cured.

If that was the one I'm thinking of, I was there for that! I remember in Enorian (it was called Shallam still, then), we had the prophet Averroes leading some players to bust their way into a safehouse. I was a uhh, vampire. Escaping with them.

RP standards were a little different then!
  • @trigru Yeah think there has only been one zombie deal here, I was a zombie stuck watching.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I remember:

Having to work so hard for endgame that, when it was finally achieved, people actually went mad and started suffering from post-endgame disorder. They'd do all sorts of crazy, knee-jerk stuff because the emptiness of the free time before them was too scary to contemplate. This was before Havens or Enhancements. Once you got 100, that was that.

Being so immersed in the game that I felt that I lived in it. I drew maps so I wouldn't lose my way. I felt every interaction deeply. Any sort of guild test was a nerve-wracking affair that I treated with the utmost seriousness.

Hanging out with @Ianus and @Tralendar in old Ashtan, just goofing around.

Teaming up with Auresae to fill Lleis' Temple with Fire Skunks.

Good ol' Banana obsessed Gepideth and the rest of the Bezaliel bunch.

Teani