Lose it.

Posted because man, those are some good emotes @nola writes. Such making me sad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have emoted: "Nola," Rashar says, voice spreading through the snow like a whisper to reach your ears. He's there - to the right, a few paces away. How did he get there? He is remarkably tense, tight at the shoulders and at the edges of his eyes, which reflect back at Nola with their
smoldering, crimson cores.

Nola's chin tilts up as she takes in a deep breath of crisp night air. She sighs it out - the strain
can be heard. She doesn't look towards you for a long time, as if she didn't hear you at all. Was
she angry? Disgusted? Had she rejected you altogether? Her composure and expression doesn't give much room to determine anything from.

** Alexina arrives and starts burning. Rash makes darkness. **

You have emoted: "Fyerin," Rashar repeats, taking another step forward. His head falls to the right,
sending much of that silvery mane to fall across his shoulder as he regards Nola with something
close to pensive worry. For once, his hands are not in his pockets - they are behind his back, and
invisible to her is the wringing, twisting grasp he holds on the opposite wrist.

Watching the Dawn's slow creep over the horizon, Nola squints her eyes, the amber illuminated by the sharp, bright rays of sunlight that cast a warm glow to the surroundings. "Spinesreach" she states, her voice kept low but no less steady.

You have emoted: Rashar's attention flickers for a heartbeat to Alexina, and his jaws clench
immediately. Pride wars with the injured tilt of his expression. Will she see it? Is he weak, for
caring? Without a word to her, the slender Idreth brings his tempestuous gaze back to Nola. "Rather me homeless? Drifting? Bloodloch offered.."

Nola presses her lips together, and still her gaze remains else where - seemingly fixated on
whatever stretches before her, yet she stands here, in this moment. Without giving acknowledgement to the words, she begins to share her own to the air, but it is clear who she directs them towards. "Every new day I wake up now, and it is not with thoughts of how many enemies I must face, or what obstacles I shall have to overcome.. It is with thought of which one of the people I love and cared for would turn against me. Who will it be today, to leave my side? Who will it be today, to become my enemy?" She cants her head, her arms coming up to fold across her chest. "How much is my devotion and love worth, when so many throw it aside?"

Alexina's eyebrow arches slightly, her gaze showing no hint of emotions, her features expressionless. She watches the two of you quietly - the Idreth man and the Yeleni woman - simply listening, waiting.

You have emoted: Rashar is there between one instant and the next, and his arm comes around
sinuously to settle somewhat firmly on Nola's shoulders. He's smaller now, but still large enough
that his thumb settles on one side and his fingers sprawl out across the other. He pulls, turning at
her while leaning down, and there is something fervent in his voice when he hisses, "I am not your
enemy. Do not think so little of my regard for you that you assume that will change because of the
walls surrounding my home. Do not."

Once more, Alexina's skin singes and smoulders. Once more, you spreads darkness across the area. Finally, she decides to speak up, "Do not stretch your loyalties too thin, Rashar, or you will hurt those you care for. Do not give promises of friendship if you can not uphold them. Do not give promises of allegiance if you can not uphold them. It will benefit no one."

Allowing herself to be turned, Nola's skin grows hot, burning, under your touch.. her eyes, bright
with the building fire within her. The gaze that locks onto you is one of a number of things - it
mixes and mingles between disappointment, pain and more, though the rest is carefully guarded. A part of her heart sealed away. "I will tell you the same thing I told him.. when he betrayed me and
all else because he was too weak, and instead, ran away. You can not have both. Not in this world.
You live among and befriend my enemies - people who rob those I protect of home, family, life..
everything and care not for that. You cloak yourself in what I loathe and oppose - what I have
fought against since long before you were even born." The words come down like stones, one by one, dropped into a deep well. "In this world, you choose.. You make sacrifices, to keep what you love close."

Quietly, solemnly, Nola says, "Or you lose it."

You have emoted: "Would that the world were colored in black and white," Rashar murmurs, fingers wrapped around the back of Nola's neck. He's quiet for a long while, looking down at her with an expression so carefully guarded, it must be wondered what lies beneath - how tumultuous.. fragile? Or else burning, and raging. So hard to tell, with this one. The muscles in his arm writhe as he pulls her forward, dragging her against his chest in a way that won't be denied without significant struggle. "I am not your enemy," repeats the dark man, speaking over her head. Already the shadows begin to twist and spiral up around him, forming into that familiar cloak of darkness. "And I have cloaked myself in this fashion for quite some time, Nola. What has changed?" With that, he tilts his head down and kisses the top of Nola's head - there is nothing erotic about his embrace, nothing suggestive of anything but a great deal of fondness, love even, and respect. "I will be watching, Fyerin. If they hurt you, tell me. If Enorian does again what she did before, I will come, and I will bring them nothing but destruction." With that, his arm drops like a strand of quicksilver, and he steps back quickly. "I will be back," he murmurs quietly, before turning and disappearing down the road.
AlexinaKerrynNolaHavenJayce

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I must agree with Rashar. Nola's emotes were really well-written and portrayed lots and lots of emotion. It made me think Aetolia is a better place for having her here.
    HavenRasharJayce